• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

(Spoilers) Snow Flurry Event Guide

DeletedUser3602

Can you explain? we can took crystal that appears a few hours ago before! how?
As soon as the Snow Flurry event starts (December 5th), crystals will start to appear in your city. You have to look for them in the outskirts of your city. They appear in the same spots as the treasure chests appear in a neighboring city when you give neighborly help. They can appear several times per hour, but it looks like 6 crystals is the maximum you can have lying around in your city.
These crystals count as snowflakes which you can use to open presents.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Hi Soggy,
Thank you so much for making this walkthrough (again). It´s going to be very helpful! I just wanted to point out that in the list above (24 hours before the event) you´ve mentioned "Have a total of at least 10 Tier 1 boosted manufactories" twice. Item #5 and #8 are the same, you just used different words. Thank you again,
Floripa

EDIT:
I hope you don´t think I am incredibly annoying, but I was reading the walkthrough and it contains some mistakes. I´ve summed them up so you can correct them:
* 1. Gain 5,000 coins (Don't collect all of your coins, you may need more for quest #10)
Quest #10 should be #11
* 5. Produce beverages 2 times (collect the ones started after #2)
This is quest number 6. (not 5) and it should be after #3 (not #2)
* 16. Produce advanced tools 4 times (collect these from the ones you set after #12)

#12 should be #13
* Optional: Build 5 of your tier 1 boosted good up to level 2 for quest #32, extra boosted buildings will also help from #46-49)

#32 should be #33

Cheers!
Thank you very much! Originally I had missed the first quest, so many of the reference numbers were off, thanks for catching those

DeletedUser3602

Oops, yeah, I forgot to add a spoiler button. I´ve put one there now. Sorry, :D

DeletedUser5285

The event starts Monday Dec 05!

There are some 48h quests that come pretty early, so you will want to start your prep on Saturday.

You can share with your FS by directing them to tinyurl.com/soggysnow

Thanks to all of the positive feedback from my Halloween guide I've made one for the upcoming Snow Flurry Event! This one will be a bit of a work in progress as the event will not be finished on Beta before going live, but thanks to @kayleegrrl and CrazyWizard from Beta's hard work I should be able to stay ahead.

I've added checkboxes this time in case anyone wants to print off a copy, I've also added a list of rewards by chapter from Best to....less best (according to Soggy), including pics of each one.

First a basic guide:
  • The main resource is Snowflakes. DO NOT SPEND THESE until the daily prize is one you really want.
  • You can get them from your Daily Quests, Secondary Quests, and from Crystals around your city.
  • Crystals appear in random spots at the fringe of your city (like treasure chests during visits)
  • A new crystal will appear once per hour, They can appear "several times per hour"and if you miss a few hours you can collect more than one at a time to catch up. (you may need to switch from city view to research and back to refresh)
  • There is a different Daily Prize that you can win by opening a chest (costs 140 snow flakes)
  • To get the top prizes you need Snow globes. These are guaranteed in each chest.
    6zpog7.png

What you need before the event starts
48 hours before the event
 Set 2 tier 1 boosted factories to 48hour
 Have 2 provinces open and ready to clear for relics.
 If your scouts take more than 2 days you may want to start one now
Optional:
 Build 3 level 3 marble factories(these are the smallest and fastest to upgrade, you can pick another building for quest #15 if you like)

24 hours before the event:
 Train at least 10 troops in your barracks
 Set 3 tier 1 boosted factories to 24h
 Set 2 workshops to 24h

 Have a total of at least 9 workshops
 Start 2 Power of Provision spells 13-20 hours before your first log in on event day
 Set 7 workshops to 9h
 Have at least 10 of your tier 1 boosted good buildings (any level)
 If you have 10 of your Tier 1 boosted, set 5 to 3h
 If you have 14 of your Tier 1 boosted, set 4 to 9h as well
 If your scouts take more than a day you may want to start one now

Daily questline (once a day a new quest will appear here):

(note: "Gain" does not mean you have to produce these, you can do a bunch of small trades instead)
  1. Gain 1000 planks
  2. Train 60 troops
  3. Gain 1000 steel
  4. Gain 15,000 coins
  5. Gain 1,000 marble
  6. Buy 3 KP
Second Questline:
  1. Gain 5,000 coins
  2. Spend 2 KP reward, 10 snow flakes
  3. Gain 700 supplies, reward: 11 snowflakes
  4. Gain 3 relics, reward 11 snowflakes
  5. Train 10 units, reward 11 snowflakes
  6. Produce beverages 2 times, reward 11 snowflakes
  7. Buy 1 KP reward 12 snowflakes
  8. Gain 100 tier one boost, reward 12 snowflakes
  9. Gain 100 planks, reward 12 snowflakes
  10. Gain 100 steel, reward 12 snowflakes
  11. Gain 30k coins reward 13 snowflakes
  12. Scout 1 province, reward 13 snowflakes
  13. Gain 4000 supplies, reward 13 snowflakes
  14. Gain 1 power of provision (no need for MA) reward 14 snowflakes
  15. Upgrade 3 buildings to level 4 or higher, reward 14 snowflakes
  16. Produce advance tools 4 times, reward 14 snowflakes
  17. Produce basket of groceries 3 times, reward 15 snowflakes
  18. Produce toolbox 2 times, reward 15 snowflakes
  19. Produce beverages 50 times, reward 16 snowflakes
  20. Solve 8 encounters or buy 8 KP, reward 16 snowflakes
  21. Gain 20 relics, reward 16 snowflakes
  22. Produce simple tools 25 times, reward 17 snowflakes
  23. Scout 1 Province or produce one Power of Provision spell 1 time, reward 17 snowflakes
  24. Spend 7 KP, reward 18 snowflakes
  25. Buy 5 KP, reward 18 snowflakes
  26. Produce 3 hour production of tier one boost 5 times, reward 19 snowflakes
  27. Produce 9 hour production of tier one boost 4 times, reward 19 snowflakes
  28. Produce 24 hour production of tier one boost 3 times, reward 19 snowflakes
  29. Produce 2 day production of tier one boost 2 times, reward 20 snowflakes
  30. Produce 1h workshops 5 times (bread), reward 20 snowflakes
  31. Upgrade 5 buildings to level 3 or higher, reward 21 snowflakes
  32. Gain 40,000 coins, reward 22 snowflakes
  33. Gain 24 relics, reward 22 snowflakes
  34. Gain 2 Power of Provision spells, reward 23 snowflakes
  35. Train 100 units, reward 23 snowflakes
  36. Gain 250 Crystal, Scrolls, and Silk, reward 24 snowflakes
  37. Scout a province, reward 24 snowflakes
  38. Produce 1h workshops 5 times (bread), and 5m 20 times (beverages), reward 25 snowflakes
  39. Solve 10 encounters or Buy 10 KP, reward 26 snowflakes
  40. Gain 2,000 Marble, Steel, and Planks, reward 26 snowflakes
  41. Gain 24 relics, reward 27 snowflakes
  42. Produce 15m workshops 35 times(Simple Tools), reward 28 snowflakes
  43. Scout 2 Provinces or Produce 2 Power of Provsion Spells, reward 28 snowflakes
  44. Spend 10 KP, reward 29 snowflakes
  45. Buy 7 KP, reward 30 snowflakes
  46. Produce 3 hour production of tier one boost 7 times, reward 30 snowflakes
  47. Produce 9 hour production of tier one boost 5 times, reward 31 snowflakes
  48. Produce 24 hour production of tier one boost 4 times, reward 32 snowflakes
  49. Produce 48h production of tier one boost 3 times, reward 33 snowflakes

The Walkthrough has been moved to post 2 as I went over the 10,000 character limit:eek:
When you say, " Train at least 10 troops in your barracks" is that 10 individuals or 10 squads?

DeletedUser3468

Wow! This is getting more and more complex. Not the best time for me to be dealing with a messed up right shoulder! (fell and bruised my ribs and tore the right shoulder rotator cuff a couple weeks ago and it's still stiff and sore. :( ) I'm beginning to question if I'm up to doing this in all 4 of my cities. Oh well, knowing how obsessive I can get, I'll probably manage it just fine! (Mainly thanks to all the information here! :D )

SoggyShorts

@Sheianna sorry to hear about the shoulder, I tore mine in a car accident over a decade ago and it's still not 100%.
Hopefully the walkthrough guide will take some of the pressure off

Crystal01

Hi, thank you for all this!!!!!!!!!!! my question is , is the ONLY way to get the daily prizes by opening packages? or is that a extra chance? what is the difference between the first and second quest?? i really appetite any help

SoggyShorts

@crystal01
First quest is once per day, new one unlocks every day
Second questline is at your own pace, another one unlocks as soon as you complete one

The only way to get daily exclusive prizes is opening chests, and the 3rd chest is the gighest chance (25%)

DeletedUser5649

Do you have any idea when the event will start? Is it typically at Midnight tomorrow night EST or 8AMEST or some other pivotal time. I joined in the middle of the halloween event so I don't have any reference to go by.

DeletedUser4630

This event is going to last a month. Does it take that long to complete all the quests? What happens when you finish them all, do they reset and you start again? Do they reset each week?

Also, I have a question for Soggy. On your prep list, you mentioned about having 10 Tier 1 boosted or 14 Tier one boosted, does that mean we have to have 14 tier 1 boosted manufactory? What level do they need to be at? I don't know if I have enough room for all of them. I have 5 at Lvl 10.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crystal01

ok, I have acouple more questions please. there is no rewards listed for quest 1 as 2 shows snowflakes. is it similar? As is a crystal 1 snowflake or could be be several? I really want the unicorns BUT i want to get alot of the items, I wasn't part of the summer event. Will it Take 4 boxes (25% chance) to get what i want, im afraid of opening box after box and not getting one than i have wasted other days i might have wanted.

SoggyShorts

@natedogg01
there will be 2 quests all the time, the main questline releases a new quest once a day for 35 days
the second questline has more than 49 (that's as far as Crazywizard from Beta has gotten so far)
likely more than 65, as the devs said "over 100"
once you have completed all quests, that's it, no more.

as for having 10 or 14 tier 1, see if you can fit some level 1 buildings, they work just as well as level 10
ok, I have acouple more questions please. there is no rewards listed for quest 1 as 2 shows snowflakes. is it similar? As is a crystal 1 snowflake or could be be several? I really want the unicorns BUT i want to get alot of the items, I wasn't part of the summer event. Will it Take 4 boxes (25% chance) to get what i want, im afraid of opening box after box and not getting one than i have wasted other days i might have wanted.
Fixed that, reward is 10 snowflakes.
It's impossible to say how many boxes it will take to get a certain prize, you could get one first try, or fail 20 times in a row.
There is some good news though, you can win the same prize more than once, so if you want to fill your city with unicorns that is possible (provided you get lucky)
Yeah, I probably not gonna be too sharp for the first few days of the quest as I'm still trying to shake this cold, but I think I'll manage.

Just go slow, it's super frustrating to collect a 48h production by accident before you need to. Finish that first cup of coffee FIRST-- 5 minutes might save you 2 days =)

DeletedUser4630

Another question for you Soggy. On the 2-day prep list, "Set 2 tier 1 boosted factories to 48hr." What quest number do we collect that from? The only quest that I see that involves that is quest #49 "Produce 2-day production of tier one boost 3 times.", in which you have us prep for on quest #29.

Crystal01

Great, thanks . I saw you fixed first line for quest 2 but I'm wondering what you get for The first daily quest? no reward listed? i had hoped that was the culture prizes but if not what? Thanks again you awesome!

SoggyShorts

Another question for you Soggy. On the 2-day prep list, "Set 2 tier 1 boosted factories to 48hr." What quest number do we collect that from? The only quest that I see that involves that is quest #49 "Produce 2-day production of tier one boost 3 times.", in which you have us prep for on quest #29.
29. Produce 2 day production of tier one boost 2 times
 Set 3 of your tier 1 boosted goods to 48h for quest #49

So first you start 2 tier 1 boosted buildings for 48h before the event starts (like 12h ago)
Then you collect them to complete quest #29.
Then you start 3 MORE tier 1 boosted buildings for 48h.
Then you collect them to complete quest #49.

Great, thanks . I saw you fixed first line for quest 2 but I'm wondering what you get for The first daily quest? no reward listed? i had hoped that was the culture prizes but if not what? Thanks again you awesome!

The reward for every daily quest is 35 snowflakes, it doesn't change

DeletedUser1766

I have a question. I am going to be away from a computer for a few days during this event. If the daily quests unlock every day does that mean I can catch up when I get back so I do not miss any of the daily quests? I really appreciate your help in this and I think your event guide is excellent.

SoggyShorts

I have a question. I am going to be away from a computer for a few days during this event. If the daily quests unlock every day does that mean I can catch up when I get back so I do not miss any of the daily quests? I really appreciate your help in this and I think your event guide is excellent.
During the summer event, and also on beta this time I've never missed one, so I'm not sure what happens if you do. Hopefully someone else knows.