• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Mermaids Event feedback

DeletedUser20951

I cried, cried I tell you, because the text and progress bar on a t1 24h quest did not match.
*slaps forehead* I had read about this glitch and didn't even consider it when I received the same quest it occurs in, but mine is showing a match, four and four. Did yours claim four were needed at first, before any of the production was done, then switch to seven?
Armchair Quest.jpg
Won't affect me much, as I only have five first tier manufactories (and refuse to build more for events), and I will have to take two days to finish it, regardless, if seven is the actual amount necessary, but I am curious of whether it is readily apparent when you get the quest or the one I have is different because of the lower coral stage or the bug managed to skip my city.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
*slaps forehead* I had read about this glitch and didn't even consider it when I received the same quest it occurs in, but mine is showing a match, four and four. Did yours claim four were needed at first, before any of the production was done, then switch to seven?
Won't affect me much, as I only have five first tier manufactories (and refuse to build more for events), and I will have to take two days to finish it, regardless, if seven is the actual amount necessary, but I am curious of whether it is readily apparent when you get the quest or the one I have is different because of the lower coral stage or the bug managed to skip my city.

The one with the error is worth 54 coral, not the one you got at 48 coral, so yours should be fine with just the four completed.

T6583

I play in two different worlds. So far I'm not really liking this new system at all. Not only is it difficult to plan the rotation or radom quests has been less then ideal. So far in the past 24 hrs I've gotten in my large city:
Scout 1 providence or upgrade 1 building to level 14
Produce 3 hr productions of T1 goods 5x
Produce 9 hr productions of T1 goods 3x
Produce basket of groceries 5x
Gain 5 VV
Produce basket of groceries 5x
Produce 3hr productions of T1 goods 5x
Gain 5VV
Produce bread 6x
Gain 7VV
I'm strating to get frustrated with the amount of longer productions or quests that use up resources to craft VV that aren't useful to me and having to wait until something better comes up. I don't think spending 75 diamonds to roate the crafting options to get more items that are useless is worth the cost. I rather spend my diamonds on better options.
My smaller city I'm stuck for several days. I have the research 1 technology quest or upgrade 2 buildings to level 14. I'm in a tech lock there at the moment and short on room so have to find space to place extra manufactories to upgrade and then the time to uprage them high enough to upgrade them to level 14. It's a pain. I'm about ready to quit the event in that city.

Ananayel

So, now I've gotten a few done, mostly ones that I was doing anyway, a couple that I did accidentally because I didn't check what the quest was and then did my normal collection, and about two that were no real trouble. But now I don't want to use corals to buy chests, even if I don't want the daily prize but do want what's in a chest. See, I don't know if I will be able to complete enough of the quests to have enough corals to be able to be [relatively] sure of getting a future daily prize that I might want quite a bit, and may need to dump a lot of corals into trying to acquire. And since the chests rotate, I can't be sure of that either (and to me, it seems there are fewer things/more duplication in the chests, but I could be wrong.)

So far, the list of daily prizes isn't that great or duplicates what I already have, but we don't know them all yet. At this rate, I will be lucky to get one of the artifacts, and possibly one of the next prize in the list.

These events used to be a great way for me to stock up on spells, instants, etc, so my effort was worth it. This one just isn't.

rvtdragon1

So, now I've gotten a few done, mostly ones that I was doing anyway, a couple that I did accidentally because I didn't check what the quest was and then did my normal collection, and about two that were no real trouble. But now I don't want to use corals to buy chests, even if I don't want the daily prize but do want what's in a chest. See, I don't know if I will be able to complete enough of the quests to have enough corals to be able to be [relatively] sure of getting a future daily prize that I might want quite a bit, and may need to dump a lot of corals into trying to acquire. And since the chests rotate, I can't be sure of that either (and to me, it seems there are fewer things/more duplication in the chests, but I could be wrong.)

So far, the list of daily prizes isn't that great or duplicates what I already have, but we don't know them all yet. At this rate, I will be lucky to get one of the artifacts, and possibly one of the next prize in the list.

These events used to be a great way for me to stock up on spells, instants, etc, so my effort was worth it. This one just isn't.

Go to https://elvengems.com/mermaids/daily-prizes/. There is a list of the daily prizes that have been available in Beta. Perhaps you will see something you like and may want. Then, you can work towards that.

Ananayel

I have checked the list at Gamers Gems, but it isn't complete yet. It's how I know the ones that have come up so far I either already have or don't want. I could really use the speed boosts, but won't have enough corals to repeat buy the chests with the best odds for them, if I don't get them the first or second time.

I do know I will end up dumping some at the end, but I feel like my luck is going to run out very soon, and I will get blocked. Which means I will likely end up with one, maybe two, daily prizes (I am only going to try for ones I want, since I don't want to waste corals getting stuck with a building I don't want just to try for something in a chest,) and about a tenth or less of things collected from chests compared to the last event.

If I get blocked and can't get quest corals, the ground corals aren't going to make much of a difference. While I am not against "neverending quests," there is a way to have those without punishing people who need to plan, or who enjoy the challenge of planning. Have 50-75 quests, in a specific order. Once those are done, start again from the beginning.

DeletedUser5676

Feedback: It's a bit of a stretch to call the quests unlimited when you will reach a stage where you are frequently required to "complete 2 provinces." It doesn't matter if you are new or quite advanced, by the time you have to complete eight or ten or more provinces, you are seriously pushing your city's capabilities. New players could be pressed into serious frustration by getting them to scout and complete a dozen extra provinces per event.

People have already hit the Orc Wall and rage-quit. This is a bad thing.

Deleted User - 312108

Yes, there are certain quests like VV or complete provinces that are seen too frequently. For example my quest list from beta since I started recording there...
Produce Wooden Chest x3
Produce Wooden chest x4
produce simple tools x7
collect 400 spell fragments
20KP to an AW
solve 5 encounters or 25 tourney encounters
produce basket of groceries x5
produce advanced tools x8
produce simple tools x7
gain 3 enchantment items
gain 1 combining catalyst or 9 relics
20KP to an AW
Gain 7 vision vapor
produce basket of groceries x5
produce beverages x15
Collect a big amount of supplies
collect a big amount of coins
produce bread x7
produce beverages x13
produce wooden figurine x7
produce wooden figurine x6
produce beverages x15
Spend 20 KP
gain a big amount of supplies (88.8 k)
Research 1 technology or upgrade 2 buildings to level 14 or higher
Produce bread x7
produce beverages x13
Produce luxury armchair x4
Give Neighborly help x3
Place 5 trade offers
Donate 25 KP to an AW
produce wooden chest x6
produce luxury armchair x7
place 3 trade offers
use pet food or enchantments twice
scout 1 province or upgrade 2 buildings level 16 or higher
complete 2 provinces

gain 4 enchantment items
produce royal beds x3
produce wooden figurines x5
accept 4 trade offers
Solve 6 encounters or 30 tournament encounters
spend 25 kp
buy 15 kp
gain 2 combining catalyst or 12 relics
produce simple tools x15
produce advanced tools x9
Produce basket of groceries x8
Solve 6 encounters or 30 tournament encounters
Spend 25 KP
Gain a big amount of supplies (133k)
produce simple tools x15
produce advanced tools x9
produce toolbox x6
accept 4 trade offers
gain 9 vision vapor
Spend 25 KP
buy 15 kp
produce simple tools x15
produce bread x7
produce toolbox x6
produce beverages x15
produce bread x9
Research 1 tech or upgrade 2 buildings to 16+
Gain 11 Vision Vapor
Gain 2 Combining Catalysts or 14 Relics

30 KP into an AW
produce wooden chest x7
produce wooden figurines x7
produce beverages x15
gain 700 spell fragments
gain a huge amount of coins 1440k
gain 11 vision vapor
Complete 2 provinces

Produce basket of groceries x5
produce advanced tools x7
produce toolbox x5
produce beverages x15
gain 700 spell fragments
Research 1 tech or upgrade 2 buildings to 16+
gain 11 vision vapor
Complete 2 provinces

Produce basket of groceries x5
produce toolboxes x5
produce simple tools x19
produce beverages x25
Gain 900 spell fragments
complete 2 provinces
scout 1 provinces or upgrade 2 buildings to 16+
gain 15 vision vapor

For beta I hit the last round of quest group and what do I have 900 spell fragment, complete 2 provinces, scout/build & gain 15 vision vapor - if I get another full round of them I'll likely open a ticket into support. It is one of the reasons I put together the quest calibration suggested where certain quests were limited in frequency to once, once in 10 days, once in 5 days etc to keep us from being overwhelmed by these types of quests.

DeletedUser1016

Yes, there are certain quests like VV or complete provinces that are seen too frequently. For example my quest list from beta since I started recording there...
Yikes, the last half of your list is one scary set of quests - the developers have "basically" set it up for only one quest a day can be completed, there's no way to prepare ahead when being bombarded with those time consuming quests; and way too many to use time boosts! I presume those are from the 64 coral's list on GOK?

...and speaking of GOK - In regards to the mermaid event - I got "produce 6 tool boxes" [1-day WS builds] at the 60 coral level, yet it's not listed on the GOK's list. Is there a way to inform them so they can update the list for other players?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Going pretty smoothly so far. A little over 3 days in and I am currently working on my 93rd quest, so that has me into the 60-coral value quests. I had extra space, so I built my little shanty town of level 1 production, and I have used some time boosters to speed up stuff, but I also had several provinces scouted and ready to go and had several buildings high enough to be able to upgrade for the quests. All these long events require basically the same things, so why anyone who has done a couple of these before, but who does not properly prepare, randomness or not, I just do not understand.

nsaplay78

Not happy with these random quests. I have virtually no chance of getting any significant amount of quests done because I cant plan ahead. This only works for those who have just finished a chapter and have space to spare where they can set aside groups of buildings to hold things like day long quest items to use whenever they pop up. For the rest of us who dont have a bunch of available space, we just cant do that. So when I get a quest that takes a day to do it, I hvae to wait a full day because I never new it was coming. This event is turning into a serious NPE(negative player experience) and I'm about to stop doing it all together

Buttrflwr

Sigh, apparently the quest system KNOWS I am done with contructs, and all my bldgs are/were upgraded. I have gotten the "Research 1 tech or upgrade 2 bldgs to lvl 14 THREE STUPID TIMES in this cluster of quests. Most of my FS hates this quest system, because "random" is not very random. One coined a good word for this event quest line, "redamdiculous". I concur. Many have quit the event because of the repeated quests over and over and over and....well, you get the idea. o_O

Buttrflwr

For everyone having upgrade issues, don't forget that tier one factories and armories are quick upgrades.
Yes, though I had one T1 at lvl 5 that I fast tracked to lvl 14. But because I KEEP getting this quest, now it is at lvl 20 and I don't have room to "move and upgrade". So I just sold it, and am bldg 2 new ones. My point is, I SHOULDN'T be getting this same quest over and over. It is NOT fun anymore. :(