• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Constructs!

DeletedUser12171

This needs a major qualifier that most sets are almost useless if you are not at least as far as Woodelves, or even Halflings. That same Snowy Owls Set is mostly crap for someone in an earlier chapter. Same for the others. Someone in Chapter 5 has much better options, and different needs, than someone closer to the endgame.

Right, the thought did cross my mind also - if you're still in the earlier chapters, you'll probably outgrow whatever you get very soon. Elementals+ would be where I think set buildings really shine. But then, if you're in an early chapter, most all event buildings will suffer from the same effect. Better get things like Portal Profit or KP/timer instants to progress faster.

anyway, this is OT, nothing to do with Constructs hah, so perhaps it can be discussed in more detail separately

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
This needs a major qualifier that most sets are almost useless if you are not at least as far as Woodelves, or even Halflings.
That's an opinion, and at least in the case I tested, an incorrect one. A chapter 4 Carnival set (missing the final piece as that was borderline) (in 38 squares) produces 46988 supplies per day and 108,000 coins, which is 3 fully upgraded Workshops (36 squares) (and remembering to harvest and set 9/3/3/3/3/3 productions), plus three fully upgraded residences to support them (36 squares) and the culture to support both (?? squares) while giving as much extra culture as 24 squares of the best culture you can build from the tech tree at that point. for a net saving of 58 squares, or two+ expansions (plus the culture you don't need for the six buildings)

I think it's clearly an excellent deal, rather than almost useless.

k777

Is this something you know for a fact, or a matter of opinion?

I have 3 sets now in my city

My full Snow Owls set (Elementals) takes 30 squares and gives me 15k mana, 3.3k seeds, 328.5k coins and 3 KP every 24h

My partial Winter Market set (Elementals) takes 127 squares and gives me 174k mana, 10.8k T1 goods, 34.8k T3 goods, 77.4k supplies, 516k coins, 2 KP and 2 broken rune shards every 24h

My full Carnival set (Fountain Constructs, rest Amuni) takes 54 squares and gives me 88.6k mana, 4.9k seeds, 864k coin, 102k supplies, 42.7k T3 goods, 2 KPs and 1 broken shard every 24h

So every day, for 8.5 expansions, I get
277.6k mana
8.2k divine seeds
77.5k T3 goods
10.8k T1 goods
1.7 million coin
180k supplies
7 KPs
3 broken rune shards
On top of that, they give 3570 population and 59,350 culture altogether

How many regular buildings (how much space) would you need to match this output? You can do the math.

I have not built a single regular culture/mana building ever since I finished Elementals, except for a Bath of Pleasures for the Amuni storyline quest, which I tore down soon after. I finished Amuni 1.5 weeks ago and have ALL my roads upgraded to Divine Street AND right now have over 2 million mana excess. I'm not sure what stats all the set-building naysayers are actually looking at, but I'm going right on with them set buildings, LOL

-------------
Well, it does depend on what you actually want and need relative to the value you put on space. I am a free player. I don't need coins or supplies from buildings. I have enough of the wonderful tiny lotuses and mana huts to give me plenty of mana and seeds (besides ETC ofc). I do have the snowy owl set. (I did say "for the most part".) I have 2 or 3 weeks left to go to finish Constructs, and I have had space to build all the AWs I want. (I started the game at the end of June 2017.) For me, wishing wells are the most coveted building & I hope they put them back in as a daily in next Event. Have 8 down right now & they cough up tons of coins, supplies & goods. So, for me, most of the sets are not worth the space, but I'm glad there are people enjoying them! :)

k777

@Dhurrin that power creep is why games like this have a shelf life.

Events make the game interesting, but it's the prizes that make them rewarding.
Those prizes need to be better than normal buildings and not be outgrown too quickly, and that's the rub. "Too quickly". Generally events are 3 months apart, and players can reasonably change 2 chapters in 3 months, so event prizes should be close to 2 chapters "ahead" as far as stats go. That's all ok until you run out of chapters.
Anyone who finished Amuni in the 7 months after it's release was in the final chapter during the latest event, and will still be in constructs for the next 2 events before inno releases chapter 15 (if they stayed on pace) To keep the 2nd and 3rd event rewarding, there must be a way for these players to improve, so the prizes must get better and better.

Solutions to power creep:
1. Keep giving players more chapters faster than they can finish them
Pro: If chapters pace events, then players will have a reason to go for prizes without the need to buff prizes.
Con: More work for inno, and new players might feel overwhelmed when they see 27 chapters

2. Make interesting/fun end-game content
E.G. Fellowship adventures that are actually fun. This is a very very easy one- most players already enjoy the teamwork part and the planning etc, just the horrible clicking and lack of in-game tools make it garbage. The prizes have never been amazing and yet I believe we'd enjoy doing them if inno put in the tiniest bit of effort.
Tournaments could be fun too- reduce them to 1 encounter per province- make manual fighting viable for under 200 hours per week

3. Temp buildings
These were probably the smartest thing inno did in years.
---
The last FA finally had end stage prizes worth working for. All they need is a drop-down menu on the 2 FA quest icons. Much time saved. I'd like to see 3 or 4 of those, so you can have 2 factory/workshop ones and 2 of the other stuff going at once.
I'm within 3 weeks of finishing Constructs without particularly rushing it and as a free player. And I like your tourney suggestions. If fights were 1 per province, that would seriously change the dynamics. Would have to be thought through. Would those fights be harder? They'd have to give more points or the chest points would have to be adjusted. Interesting idea. Absolutely will never manually fight with the time it takes right now. Auto or cater for me.

DeletedUser12171

-------------
Well, it does depend on what you actually want ...For me, wishing wells are the most coveted building

clearly, if you want diamonds - I assume, because wells don't give significant amounts of any other thing relative to set buiildings - set buildings are not for you. i don't think any building other than wishing wells are for you in that case lol.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
That's an opinion, and at least in the case I tested, an incorrect one. A chapter 4 Carnival set
^^Agreed. My case: Harvest set from Ch5, now at end of Fairies, saving me all the pop/culture/resources to upgrade steel factories. They're now lvl 16; I have unlocked through lvl 19 but don't need the extra goods. I chose to keep the same # of factories and just delay upgrades unless needed for a storyline quest. That way, when the amounts I am getting from the set no longer meet my needs I'll sell off the set, replace with something that gives me whatever I need then and upgrade the factories.
It has been so much easier with this 2nd city than going through these chapters the first time. Part of that is knowing *somewhat* more about what I'm doing, but much of it is from all the things that have been introduced in the game since then: Instants, Set Buildings, Crafting and probably some others I'm forgetting.

DeletedUser1016

I just got the Butterfly Shrub.....what's up with that being 1x1 with only 800 culture and can't be upgraded? It ended up in my inventory at the very last position because it doesn't have a chapter [level]. To me - it seems worthless to use it in my city? Anyone have a different take on it? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

DeletedUser1016

OH...Prize for #63 on the story line quest of Constructs.

DeletedUser2870

Is this something you know for a fact, or a matter of opinion?

I have 3 sets now in my city

My full Snow Owls set (Elementals) takes 30 squares and gives me 15k mana, 3.3k seeds, 328.5k coins and 3 KP every 24h

My partial Winter Market set (Elementals) takes 127 squares and gives me 174k mana, 10.8k T1 goods, 34.8k T3 goods, 77.4k supplies, 516k coins, 2 KP and 2 broken rune shards every 24h

My full Carnival set (Fountain Constructs, rest Amuni) takes 54 squares and gives me 88.6k mana, 4.9k seeds, 864k coin, 102k supplies, 42.7k T3 goods, 2 KPs and 1 broken shard every 24h

So every day, for 8.5 expansions, I get
277.6k mana
8.2k divine seeds
77.5k T3 goods
10.8k T1 goods
1.7 million coin
180k supplies
7 KPs
3 broken rune shards
On top of that, they give 3570 population and 59,350 culture altogether

How many regular buildings (how much space) would you need to match this output? You can do the math.

I have not built a single regular culture/mana building ever since I finished Elementals, except for a Bath of Pleasures for the Amuni storyline quest, which I tore down soon after. I finished Amuni 1.5 weeks ago and have ALL my roads upgraded to Divine Street AND right now have over 2 million mana excess. I'm not sure what stats all the set-building naysayers are actually looking at, but I'm going right on with them set buildings, LOL

I lean both ways.
Again: it ONLY works when one has the full set. Anything less makes the whole set hugely less effective. So the sets work, but only if one has the time to actually collect all pieces. The fact that they re-inforce each other is a nice game-mechanic, and one I approve of. It's just that it isn't always useful to me since I'm not always able to gather the complete set.
And it is true that for those not yet in need of mana and/or seeds the sets tend to be a bit less interesting.

k777

I just got the Butterfly Shrub.....what's up with that being 1x1 with only 800 culture and can't be upgraded? It ended up in my inventory at the very last position because it doesn't have a chapter [level]. To me - it seems worthless to use it in my city? Anyone have a different take on it? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
It was a quest reward. It can't be upgraded because there is no chapter to upgrade it to. It's a Construct building.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
All they need is a drop-down menu on the 2 FA quest icons. Much time saved. I'd like to see 3 or 4 of those, so you can have 2 factory/workshop ones and 2 of the other stuff going at once.
I really hope they don't go half-arsed with drop downs. Imagine the Challenges event applies to the FA. Just collect all of your productions and get badges- no more quests at all!
Again: it ONLY works when one has the full set. Anything less makes the whole set hugely less effective. So the sets work, but only if one has the time to actually collect all pieces.
Well the winter set was 5 buildings and you only needed 3

Pheryll

Set Designer
It was a quest reward. It can't be upgraded because there is no chapter to upgrade it to. It's a Construct building.

Actually, the Butterfly shrub is a premium building of the elemental chapter. Offering it in the constructs chapter for free does not really accomplish much as you can get better culture by crafting a spring or summer flower cage.

DeletedUser1016

Actually, the Butterfly shrub is a premium building of the elemental chapter.
Ah...yes. I see that now. Thanks for pointing that out, I never thought of looking back a chapter! So it's no big deal, best to just disenchant it and create something better at a level of Constructs [as you suggested a summer flower cage].

DeletedUser1016

I want to get rid of all my floating portals, yet I'm stuck on Construct's story line quest #71, which is leveling up the MH to level 33 and takes 50k orc and I've got about 6k, so I'm going to be on this quest for at least 10 days.

The question is, can I get rid of all my floating ports [not the portal] if I've saved up at least 200k of Elvenarin and at least 5k of each of the constructs material [i.e. breeze, blossoms, etc]? It states in the quest to "deliver" as opposed to have or create. As I recall, the "deliver" quest is where I just "waste" the item.