• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Dwarven Realm

DeletedUser4821

Hi Everyone,

So I'm a bit stuck I think. In "Research" I have two KP completed quests but not enough copper or granite to complete it all the way. I am limited space wise and it takes those resources to upgrade and build. I don't see any way other than diamonds to get things moving. Is this accurate?

Thank you,
~A

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I take it you already sold your Dwarf Portal and Granite / copper mines?

If so, yes, you'd either have to rebuild them, or buy-out with diamonds, unless they are optional and you can just skip them.

If not, you can either buy-out, or wait patiently and dump your KP elsewhere (A wonder) until the production catches up.

DeletedUser3297

What level is your portal at??

It needs to be at level 4 to hold enough resources to unlock all the technologies in the tree. All the portals from guest races grow in size so you need to plan for that. The good thing is the Fairy one grows in the same way the Dwarven one does, but be prepared for some different size/shape changes after the first 2 introductory guest races.

DeletedUser4821

No I have not sold it. It's barely built and level 4. I'm not sure what you mean by dumping the kp into a wonder. I've been playing for a while but I'm really a novice as to the theory of it all.

It is level 4 but seems to use up resources quickly by upgrading and trying to complete the research.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If you have built granite mines and Copper mines, and attached them to the portal using the railroad tracks from under teh settlement construction tab, then they will start to produce granite and copper, which will appear in the portal. It is a slow process, depending on how much space and time you devote to it, but in time you will have enough to do the research. If you get stuck, you can build one of the ancient wonders from your rune menu, and use KP to upgrade it to make it more efficient when you are stuck in the tech tree and can't advance until more copper and granite is generated.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Copper and granite are slow to get, if you can add more of them and/or upgrade the ones you have to level 4 as well as your portal they produce more. And about putting KP's into wonders if you have one, it gives you a place to use your KP when you are stuck and your KP bar is full. It also helps to level up your wonders.

DeletedUser2963

slowly...lol, you do not have to buy diamonds to get past it, so no worries with that. It sounds to me like you got yourself tech locked, sorry, we hates it with you!!!! So yeah, level up wonders as you wait for your production to catch up. Prior to each chapter players plan and plan and replan and arrange and visit http://www.elvenarchitect.com/ to re-arrange to perfection so they never get tech locked. Others just sit back and upgrade wonders when it happens....some throw money at it, up to you. Personally that planning stage is my favorite part.

Also, congrats on reaching guest races :)

In between chapters you will be able to delete guest race buildings which will allow you to re-arrange your city much more easily :) (except the portal, do not delete that until you get the quest)

DeletedUser4821

If you have built granite mines and Copper mines, and attached them to the portal using the railroad tracks from under teh settlement construction tab, then they will start to produce granite and copper, which will appear in the portal. It is a slow process, depending on how much space and time you devote to it, but in time you will have enough to do the research. If you get stuck, you can build one of the ancient wonders from your rune menu, and use KP to upgrade it to make it more efficient when you are stuck in the tech tree and can't advance until more copper and granite is generated.

Yes I have that. Just like you said it's a slow process and now I'm stuck in Research because I don't have enough to finish. I don't have room for an Ancient Wonder. I think I had one but sold it because I wasn't sure what to do with it. I didn't realize KP could be stored there. Thank you.

Copper and granite are slow to get, if you can add more of them and/or upgrade the ones you have to level 4 as well as your portal they produce more. And about putting KP's into wonders if you have one, it gives you a place to use your KP when you are stuck and your KP bar is full. It also helps to level up your wonders.

Thank you, so much to learn. It's the upgrading of the granite and copper mines that is taking all the supplies I build up. Looks like I just have to suck it up.

slowly...lol, you do not have to buy diamonds to get past it, so no worries with that. It sounds to me like you got yourself tech locked, sorry, we hates it with you!!!! So yeah, level up wonders as you wait for your production to catch up. Prior to each chapter players plan and plan and replan and arrange and visit http://www.elvenarchitect.com/ to re-arrange to perfection so they never get tech locked. Others just sit back and upgrade wonders when it happens....some throw money at it, up to you. Personally that planning stage is my favorite part.

Also, congrats on reaching guest races :)

In between chapters you will be able to delete guest race buildings which will allow you to re-arrange your city much more easily :) (except the portal, do not delete that until you get the quest)

I am not much of a strategist. So it's called tech locked? lol Yes, it appears that's where I'm at. :) Somehow I'm going to have to make space to build an Ancient Wonder it seems. I have tried the architect site but it's like reading a map to me and alas, I am not so good at reading maps.

I have heard bits and pieces about selling everything Dwarven at some point. I just haven't researched it and since I'm stuck I won't be selling anything. Thanks for the advice and help! Much appreciated. And thanks for the congrats. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Just to be a little clearer the wonder doesn't store your KP's, it uses KP's to upgrade it and higher levels give better rewards. The golden abyss is the smallest of them at 3 x 3 and will give you extra population. Each wonder gives different things the tomb of secrets is bigger then the golden abyss but gives supplies every time you scout a province on the world map. Read what the wonders give before making a decision on what one you want to build.

DeletedUser2963

@Aloura Dannen what is your current "working population"?

Your working population multiplied by .0225 will tell you how much population you would get from the golden abyss

Also, you can dump kp into other players wonders, your FS might have a wonder pool, or list, or thread or...they might have something :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Until you manage to place a wonder, if you're feeling generous, another option is to simply donate your KPs to your FS (if you have one) or friendly neighbors, and hope they will do the same.

You might notice when you visit certain people (anyone with a wonder) there is a little rune wheel bouncing above their wonders. that allows you to donate your kp to their wonder, to help them level theirs. Their are rewards if you happen to be one of the top contributors.

A lot of this info would come from a good Fellowship. If you haven't found one, you should ask around among your friendly neighbors, or put you name out on the sub-forums for seeking a fellowship. They can be a huge help.

DeletedUser4821

Just to be a little clearer the wonder doesn't store your KP's, it uses KP's to upgrade it and higher levels give better rewards. The golden abyss is the smallest of them at 3 x 3 and will give you extra population. Each wonder gives different things the tomb of secrets is bigger then the golden abyss but gives supplies every time you scout a province on the world map. Read what the wonders give before making a decision on what one you want to build.

Oh. See what I mean? I just started playing this game because there are fairies in it and I haven't even got to them yet. haha Thank you for the clarification.

Until you manage to place a wonder, if you're feeling generous, another option is to simply donate your KPs to your FS (if you have one) or friendly neighbors, and hope they will do the same.

You might notice when you visit certain people (anyone with a wonder) there is a little rune wheel bouncing above their wonders. that allows you to donate your kp to their wonder, to help them level theirs. Their are rewards if you happen to be one of the top contributors.

A lot of this info would come from a good Fellowship. If you haven't found one, you should ask around among your friendly neighbors, or put you name out on the sub-forums for seeking a fellowship. They can be a huge help.

Thank you. I have been approached a few times, but I'm not ready to join a Fellowship just yet. Ahh, so that's what those runes are for. Thank you!

@Aloura Dannen what is your current "working population"?

Your working population multiplied by .0225 will tell you how much population you would get from the golden abyss

Also, you can dump kp into other players wonders, your FS might have a wonder pool, or list, or thread or...they might have something :)

Somebody always has to throw math in there. :p Thank you. I have 305 available but I'm not sure how to find the working population. Thank you.

DeletedUser2963

popsnipe.PNG
just hover over the population box at the top of the screen

DeletedUser3507

A min of 12 granite mines and 8 copper mines is what I used...
And upgrade them to lvl 4 along with portal.
And your space problems get worse, each guest race wants more space, I am in Dragons & Sorcerous and guest race size requires 22 x 19.

I hate to think what the next chapter will require..:rolleyes:

DeletedUser2963

I'm not ready to join a Fellowship just yet.
Its not my business so if I am over stepping please dont answer, why not?

You are in dwarves, so your score would land you in pretty much any fS with an opening. If you start at number 1 in your FS lists and read the overview pages for only the ones that have an opening it wouldn't take you long to find a group that perfectly matches your play style.

Good Arch Mages do not lie on their overview pages, Good Arch Mages will not lie to you in personal messages when you ask for info on the group.

So, say, you don't really want to chat, and you don't want to participate in tournaments, and lets say you are after a pretty city and don't want to go boosted only and you only want to do one visit a week....that group is out there.

AtaguS

So, say, you don't really want to chat, and you don't want to participate in tournaments, and lets say you are after a pretty city and don't want to go boosted only and you only want to do one visit a week....that group is out there.

Ha, we have a fellowship like that! We do like frequent visits (3-4 a week), but don't jump all over you if you can't make it...some of us are chatty, others never chat. It's a stress free zone where all we really want is to be available to help each other out when we can, and ask for it when we need it...otherwise we all just play our game and enjoy it in the way that works best for us. If you're in Winyandor look us up when/if you're ready.

I'm in Dwarves too, newly, and am having to adjust to the new pace of playing. I hear this is where players often start a new city in a different world, to have a focus while waiting on copper to grow...lol. Not for me, but an option.

I've also been concentrating on upgrading my residences as that tech didn't require granite or copper to complete and as they upgrade, they create a lot of new space. I'm planning to build my copper mines with all that free space. So...slow going but don't give up!

DeletedUser4821

A min of 12 granite mines and 8 copper mines is what I used...
And upgrade them to lvl 4 along with portal.
And your space problems get worse, each guest race wants more space, I am in Dragons & Sorcerous and guest race size requires 22 x 19.

I hate to think what the next chapter will require..:rolleyes:

Isn't Sorcerers and Dragons the end of the road? I can't even imagine your struggles and to think I'm headed in that direction. I guess a challenge is good for the psyche. haha