• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

Crow Last Elf

Honestly I feel like I'm just recovering from the carnival event. I'm into chapter 3 ... any advice on what to hope for? Space is an eternal consideration for me so I have to choose my goals

Based on the last few events, fixed quests lines such as we have in this one are easier to accumulate a reasonable amount of prizes compared to events that have endless quest lines. Since there are 120 quests over 27 days, I try to finish at least 5 quests in the fixed quest line as well as the daily quest every day. Being in chapter 3 should not be a barrier to completing the event, as the quests are scaled to different chapters.

If you want to plan in order to do everything possible to complete all of the quests, look at the list of quests that is expected. Also, this link has a discussion of what to expect.

Comments and Suggestions

Feel free to submit comments under our Event Note here: https://tinyurl.com/t3w7p9l
  1. As usual the artwork and technical production is excellent. Well done!

2. The quest set looks very do-able. Better than the last one they tried in Beta which was full of game-breakers for some players!

3. Daily Quests #4 and #14 are a problem for those players who for various reasons are unable to Complete a Map Encounter. It is true that the number of people affected by this is small - but for them that means as early as Day Four they will only have one questline not two - and that is REALLY not fair. One of my Orc-locked small cities had to spend Diamonds to get past this one. 4. Solve 2 World Map Encounters - 35 Sky Essence 14. Solve 1 Encounter - 35 Sky Essence

4. Quest 117. Complete 1 Province - 58 Sky Essence This needs an Alternative. There are many players who have completed all their provinces.

5. There are sometimes Daily Quests that prove impossible like the ones above - even if only for a tiny minority of players. There is a simple fix - let the Daily Quests expire after three days. Then those players only lose three days, not the entire questline! Three days should be enough for almost everyone to do the quest, except those on holiday for a week - and most players these days have a Mobile App...

6. Artifacts: There seems to be some muddled thinking here! We were told last year that for our old Phoenix Evolving Buildings (there are three different ones) we would have more Artifacts to Evolve them in this year’s event. All this Event offers is three; it needs nine to fully evolve each building - so at this rate newcomers to the game will have to wait three years to get their up to full production! In the meantime, all the evolving buildings have been added to the list of Crafting Recipes - so newcomers to the game get a chance to own these buildings. But what use is this of it takes three years to get them to production? We have asked the designers often to explain how they envisage this working; so far there is a deafening silence...

7. We welcome the Announcement that Artifacts can be swapped by Crafting!!
    It is a step in the right direction - but the exchange rate is a bit unrealistic - and players will still struggle to evolve the Phoenixes they craft - one needs 9 Artifacts for that...

8. Now we have seen all 121 Quests - this looks like the Best Quest set ever! Excellent! There is room for improvement though - a few new, different ones would be nice. If the designers want to slow down the rate that players advance - why not Collect x number of Sky Essence? They drop one per hour so there is no way to cheat that - except by buying the Outpost building! Which would make the designers very happy!!

9. A lot of players are going to be upset! It appears that there is not a single Wishing Well in this Event.
    It is also a pity that there appear to be no Filler Items as Daily Exclusives - Knowledge Points, Portal Profits and Boosters. Many players, myself included, play the Events only for Fillers.

10. Watch this space for more comments!

87644052_10216086222008952_7143377761187397632_n.jpg

Elvenar Platinum Leaf is a free-to-join Facebook group for lovers of Elvenar with 6000+ members, .
Feel free to join us for all the latest news and discussion!

:)

AtaguS

BTW, is it just me, or does this building seem like a hunk of junk?
Pretty much but I switched out my Prince Charming float for this as it was the same size. Got an uptick in culture and due ti the float's early collect (which I am terrible at avoiding) I am making the same amount of seeds. It's a pity these events are coming so quickly in a row now..barly had time to get sick of looking at the little guy but...all that princely hair was starting to clog the drain system in my city anyway.

neeronie

Honestly I feel like I'm just recovering from the carnival event. I'm into chapter 3 ... any advice on what to hope for? Space is an eternal consideration for me so I have to choose my goals
Space is the eternal consideration for everyone that plays this game...that in mind, I like prizes that have a good rate of population per square, things that expire can be useful and than go away if you notice that they have expired, culture per sq. have you found www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com it has a link to just about everything you would like to know about including a breakdown of the benefits of each prize to the level you are in research. Some items will be more useful in the future if you can upgrade them, but there is time for that. Think about what you need now and go for it.

Yogi Dave

I'm into chapter 3 ... any advice on what to hope for? Space is an eternal consideration for me so I have to choose my goals
If your interest is pop/cult, the best daily so far is the Phoenix Cult on day 3. (8 days have not been reveled in beta yet.) Not only is it the best pop per sq., but being large each one you get adds more total pop. than any other. Day 9 has the Phoenix Painter which is almost as good per sq. It's smaller, so would be easier to place. Just remember that 2 Phoenix Cults have the population of 3 and half Phoenix Painters. I'm not saying these are the best for you, just that if it's pop. you need most, be as ready as you can on day 3.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
If your interest is pop/cult, the best daily so far is the Phoenix Cult on day 3. (8 days have not been reveled in beta yet.) Not only is it the best pop per sq., but being large each one you get adds more total pop. than any other. Day 9 has the Phoenix Painter which is almost as good per sq. It's smaller, so would be easier to place. Just remember that 2 Phoenix Cults have the population of 3 and half Phoenix Painters. I'm not saying these are the best for you, just that if it's pop. you need most, be as ready as you can on day 3.
Seems like I need pop more than I need land, often. Course I could always put up more residences with more land, so I guess that's moot. Thanks for the heads up; I'll be looking for that one.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Based on the last few events, fixed quests lines such as we have in this one are easier to accumulate a reasonable amount of prizes compared to events that have endless quest lines.
I respectfully disagree. I think the endless quest lines give a lot better chance of accumulating prizes. Right now I'm on quest 19 and I'll be finished within a week, then sitting around twiddling my thumbs. With endless quests, I can always be collecting more grand and daily prizes.

NightshadeCS

Seems like I need pop more than I need land, often. Course I could always put up more residences with more land, so I guess that's moot. Thanks for the heads up; I'll be looking for that one.
Just make sure to check the population per square value for event buildings, and then see how that compares to your residences. Sometimes the event buildings are higher and you can actually replace a residence. You wouldn't want to replace all of them, but a few can free up some space.

Shyama1

I made some quick calculations to estimate those 5 squads Troops Instants value

Without my Brown Bears, 1 Platoon Troops Instants is worth 2h37 of time
WITH my 5 Brown Bears, 1 Platoon Troops Instant is worth 0h56 of time

So, what were initially 4x8hours=32h (84 chest) and 2x5h=10h (18 chest) have been replaced with less than 1h worth of time item.

Now, for the other changes:

There are no Time Boost at all as Daily Prize in this "Event" and the Grand Prize is just not worth the 16 tiles as the few previous ones. And I willl add fillers between Artifacts that used to be Expiring Buildind have been replaced by such crap as coins instants, what a joke !

Every time Inno gives us something nice, like the Spire, soon after they take back something else, on the pretext they are giving us too much. And they take back much more than they gave us !

Next step is proply to nerf Time Boosts from the last place where we can still get them easilly, wich is the Spire:
5h -> 2h
2h -> 1h
1h -> 30mn
Sounds good Inno ?

There is really NOTHING worth for my city in the current event, and I even wonder why I am still participating. Probly because I'm done with everything else and my current gameplay resumes to weekly Tourney and Spire.

Deleted User - 3932582

Without my Brown Bears, 1 Platoon Troops Instants is worth 2h37 of time
WITH my 5 Brown Bears, 1 Platoon Troops Instant is worth 0h56 of time

So, what were initially 4x8hours=32h (84 chest) and 2x5h=10h (18 chest) have been replaced with less than 1h worth of time item.
This also depends on levels of your military production AWs. Yours are pretty high ;)

But we had similar discussion on Beta, with numbers not looking good even when military production boosts and Brown Bears have more realistic numbers - or even excluded completely:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The problem I have with the Troop instants are that they are based on your Squad Size, not your production size. So if I use one that gives 5 squads of light melee, for example, I will get 5x4626, but my production size is 6577, or 7433 with AW bonus troops, which takes me about 2 hours per slot to make. So one Instant is 23k, or equivalent, of troops, and is roughly equal to three slots of troop production, or a savings of about 6 hours of production time, not the 5 slots the casual player may be expecting.

Sunnydae

My 2 cents...:rolleyes: GRAND - Adjective. grand, magnificent, imposing, stately, majestic, grandiose mean large and impressive ;)

and while i truly do LOVE the Spire.... please give me a break on Spell Fragments. If i could CONVERT them to something else when you have over 36k???BE SAFE.. its a JUNGLE out there! (oops after doing the easy first levels Spire just now i am now at 36K NOT 26K :mad::mad::mad::mad:)​

Last edited: