• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Harvest Festival Feedback!

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
These event quests are not easy for new players. I placed very small trades to help our players that are new. Hoping they get these goods before my neighbors do. But alas, another fellowship grabbed all my trades. They were like Orcs grabbing all they can in their raids. Pleeeeeeeese game devs, give us a button we can check when we want our trades to go to only our fellowship. Forge of Empires has that button. Why not us?

We post something like 4 to 1 trades for events, etc. It seems to work well

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
More and more I'm starting to think the game is designed to get you to spend or buy diamonds.
What?!?! You think a company's goal might be to make money?! That's insanity!:rolleyes:

Seriously, what is the alternative theory?
It's a group of 400 volunteers who get their overhead, computers/servers, electricity, and bandwidth paid for by Internet Elves?

The whole concept of every F2P game is that you can play for free, but it's easier to buy diamonds.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I do not like these quests that say “Gain a small amount of [goods]”. Small is relative. For new players, 300 planks are not small. Here’s yet another complaint I have about this event. Maybe it’s always been like this but I never noticed before until I started a new city in Felyndral. After Quest 60 “Gain a small amount of planks,” there is Quest 61 “Produce Tier 1 boosted goods [2 days] 3 times and [3 hrs.] 15 times. Planks happen to be my boosted goods so I would have to collect the planks that have been sitting for 2 days to help me complete this quest.

This is yet another back-to-back quest (like the “Gain Relics and “Solve # Encounters” quests) that are draining on my city’s economy. Since the neighborhood I’m in does not trade and when they do, it’s an outrageously unfair trade (most of the time 0 stars), I will be stuck for another 2 days making planks 3 times. Hopefully, someone in my fellowship is still out ‘n about exploring Elvenar and can swap trades with me but it would be after 9 PM if they’re on the east coast. Can’t help it if it’s this late but I have a job. The way the events are presented, it’s very difficult to complete if you work or you’re new to the game. Please game devs, redo the order of some quests so us players don’t get stressed.

DeletedUser18813

I do not like these quests that say “Gain a small amount of [goods]”. Small is relative. For new players, 300 planks are not small. Here’s yet another complaint I have about this event. Maybe it’s always been like this but I never noticed before until I started a new city in Felyndral. After Quest 60 “Gain a small amount of planks,” there is Quest 61 “Produce Tier 1 boosted goods [2 days] 3 times and [3 hrs.] 15 times. Planks happen to be my boosted goods so I would have to collect the planks that have been sitting for 2 days to help me complete this quest.

This is yet another back-to-back quest (like the “Gain Relics and “Solve # Encounters” quests) that are draining on my city’s economy. Since the neighborhood I’m in does not trade and when they do, it’s an outrageously unfair trade (most of the time 0 stars), I will be stuck for another 2 days making planks 3 times. Hopefully, someone in my fellowship is still out ‘n about exploring Elvenar and can swap trades with me but it would be after 9 PM if they’re on the east coast. Can’t help it if it’s this late but I have a job. The way the events are presented, it’s very difficult to complete if you work or you’re new to the game. Please game devs, redo the order of some quests so us players don’t get stressed.
Maybe you could join a fellowship that trades daily and helps one another out

Tauriel Dragonwood

Maybe you could join a fellowship that trades daily and helps one another out
I'm not leaving my fellowship because of an event. The problem is not with our fellowship. We all help as much as we can when we're logged on. The problem is with the neighborhood I was plopped into and the excessive demands of this event. If you have mostly neighbors who have stopped playing or not willing to help out with slightly fair trades, you can be stuck on a quest for a while.

Trading is vitally important in Elvenar. Besides your fellowship, having neighbors to trade with helps tremendously, especially if you're a new player and only up to Chapter 2. This event is extremely draining on the fellowship I started in Felyndral to help new players understand this very interesting and fun world the game devs created. Well the game is fun, not so much the events if you're a new player.

Oh and by the way, that is a gorgeous picture of a fairy you have in your post.

Last edited:

Tauriel Dragonwood

Though I have complaints about this event, I must admit, I do love the storyline. Of course, there will be some who say the elders must be indulging in something that heightens the senses.

Now I know what causes the moon to rise at night and the sunrise in the morning is such a beautiful sight.​

When the shadows sank Krarak would chirp so the sun arose and brought daylight… this is what the elders say. Halflings and Humans worship Krarak.
He symbolizes straightforwardness and his sunlight lets the fruits grow. At dusk, Krarak would fly into his nest and send a greeting to Kirit, the Weasel of the Night, who would howl like a wolf and summon the moon. Elves – they honor the moon. They worship Kirit. But only Moonshine and Sunlight,
only Kirit and Krarak can form the dynamics of the seasons. No season, no harvest. No fruit, no feast. Sun and Moon, Gods of Day and Night.
A Weasel, they say… and a Bird.

FemmeDraven

I'm having issues with what seems to be a skewed algorithm between worlds. I'm playing in the first five. I'm in the same chapter in all five (Dwarves) and at the same technology research level. I make certain not to let myself get too far ahead from one world to the next. There is very little difference in my status from one world to the next and I belong to a fellowship in all five. That said, the following is where I'm at in each world (moon slivers needed for the 2nd grand prize & what I've won so far), my FS Rank and my personal score. As you can see, Winyandor is vastly different from the rest when it comes to prizes collected (including moon slivers & sun flares). I am on quest #57 in all 5 worlds:

Arendyll: 125/400, Black Lotus, 2 Monument of Ancient Knowledge & 1st Grand Prize (FS Rank 569) My Score 32479
Winyandor: 230/400, Trading Outpost, Black Lotus, Mushrooms Forest, Sun Temple Complex & Trading Outpost & 1st Grand Prize (FS Rank 514) My Score 29096
Felyndral: 110/400, Black Lotus, Mushrooms Forest & 1st Grand Prize (FS Rank 236) My Score 29188
Khelonaar: 90/400 & 1st Grand Prize (FS 697) My Score 30899
Elcysandir: 85/400, 2 Sun Temple Complex & 1st Grand Prize (FS Rank 259) My Score 33586

If I wasn't playing in 5 worlds I wouldn't know any better, but I am, so what's going on here? I stopped playing for over six months because of stuff like this...it's very frustrating.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I'm having issues with what seems to be a skewed algorithm between worlds.
It's not a skewed algorithm, it's just how probabilities work. When you flip a coin, there's a 50% chance it will land heads up. You could still flip that coin 5 times and have it come up tails every time. Doesn't change the fact that the next time you flip it, the heads/tails probability is still 50% each. If you flipped that coin a million times, chances are the tally would be much closer to 50-50. So, the more flips of the coin, the more it smooths out the extremes on either end (winning nothing vs winning every flip).
Annoying, frustrating, (or exciting when lady luck is with you!), all of those things apply. But, it's not some unfair finagling going on.

FemmeDraven

It's not a skewed algorithm, it's just how probabilities work. When you flip a coin, there's a 50% chance it will land heads up. You could still flip that coin 5 times and have it come up tails every time. Doesn't change the fact that the next time you flip it, the heads/tails probability is still 50% each. If you flipped that coin a million times, chances are the tally would be much closer to 50-50. So, the more flips of the coin, the more it smooths out the extremes on either end (winning nothing vs winning every flip).
Annoying, frustrating, (or exciting when lady luck is with you!), all of those things apply. But, it's not some unfair finagling going on.

Well if that's true, the coins flip in the wrong direction in Khelonaar every single time. I still have yet to get a daily prize there and I just won the daily in Arendyll, Winyandor (for the 2nd time) and Felyndral, but in the 2 worlds where wins are lacking the most, no daily...AGAIN.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
My coins broke again, in repair shop it goes...:)

My big problem is that my coin seems to be weighted o_O I think I am having the worst luck I can remember in an event.

Well if that's true, the coins flip in the wrong direction in Khelonaar every single time

I've been in agreement with every one of these statements at some point in events! Of course, I've also had the spins where I got way more of the building than I ever dared hope for (9 mana huts and 5 Mystical Lakes!). Guess the first sentiment is how Vegas stays in business and the second one is why folks keep going back!