• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The May Celebration Event Discussion

Nightguest

Ex-Team Member
I applaud this and will endeavor to be as constructive as I can when I post feedback. However, it is a mystery how features which received overwhelming negative feedback manage to come back again, while features that receive positive feedback sometimes don't come back. :rolleyes: To be more precise, I'll have to wait til the event starts.
This is partially due to how Innogames work, they have events planned, coded, and structured well in advance. So when we were just launching the Coldfire Phoenix, the May Festival was already at a stage where we were translating texts.

That said, please never stop highlighting the features that you love and hate - I will always make sure that everyone hears about it. Hopefully, you'll always find at least 1 thing to be positive about :D

If there are repeat features that are used over and over, that you feel are really bad let me know which one. It could well be that though the US community hated it, the rest of Elvenar were positive about it - but regardless, I can at least try to find the answers.

If there are features that vanished that you want back, likewise, let me know what they are.

Black lotus - nice.
Now if only this were MtG!

DeletedUser22950

Hello there everyone,

The next event for Elvenar has been announced!
You probably know the drill now, please use this thread to discuss this event.

Fun Fact: Did you know that at the end of every event I actually summarize all the key points that you (the community) post/discuss in these threads? Of all the Elvenar communities, the US server tends to give the most feedback.
We (that is the Elvenar US team and the Elvenar Inno team) really appreciate the passion that you show - even if you dislike something the way that it is (most of the time) written down is very constructive, so thank you for that!
Feedback: Get rid of random shuffles. They are anger inducing. I'm having a hard time figuring out who thinks they are a good idea. They are a piece of fetid fecal matter
I totally agree. Also, the rewards cost tooooo much

Glimmerite

This event is pretty decent for my established cities. But it seriously sucks for my teeny, tiny city... which doesn't even have a Magic Academy yet. So for quest 5, I get to wait until tomorrow to see if my Neighborly Help will give Enchantments. Here's hoping that someone thought of this lack already...

I am in total agreement with the lame shuffle and the idiocy of having ONE relic as a "prize". Whoever thought those were a neat ideas needs some mental assistance.

Nightguest

Ex-Team Member
I am curious about one thing - if the shuffleboard did not have the hidden reshuffle, would your opinion of the feature change?
So, if the end-of-day auto shuffle stayed, just the hidden reshuffle was removed.

Point for clarification: This does not mean that it will change anytime soon, or at all. However, understanding the target of the communities dislike towards the shuffleboard is vital for me to get the right message across to the overlords of Elvenar!

Last edited:

Black watch

As far as I can see, this May tree's closest match up is the Storm Phoenix from 2019 with elements from the other two. However it's lacking in just about every way possible and doesn't have the nice feature of getting boosted by pet food to give you something bigger, as in production.
The 24 hr feature is nice. The 3 KP (if your lucky enough to get it to level ten) is nice.
My chapter 10 phoenix has more pop than this May building at chapter 13.

Overall, a good solid fail in my books...
Coupled with that insane random shuffle and the Winter Event's despised format, we have a pile of dung here.
Just my opinion... your mileage may vary.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I am curious about one thing - if the shuffleboard did not have the hidden reshuffle, would your opinion of the feature change?

So, if the end-of-day auto shuffle stayed, just the hidden reshuffle was removed.
If the shuffle was an optional button off to the side, not part of the game board, that would be fantastic. Although I find it hard to believe that anyone would use it, you never know. As long as it wasn't forced on us, that would be great.

Deleted User - 4646370

How could we get a daily prize several times then ?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
if the shuffleboard did not have the hidden reshuffle, would your opinion of the feature change?
No. I despise the shuffleboard itself.

understanding the target of the communities dislike towards the shuffleboard is vital
While the rotating chests mechanic is still random, at least it gives me the illusion of being able to make strategic plans for prizes I want. This shuffleboard mechanic crushes that illusion. This mechanic is mindless clicking and lowers player engagement. While the devs may not *like* (for all I know they may not care, lol) players getting spoilers from beta, a side effect of those early spoilers is early live player engagement in an event that hasn't even launched yet! There's a couple weeks of discussing it on the forums as well as in-game msgs and chats. There's player and FS maintained FB pages and web sites that are updating and engaging more players. While this may not be as easily measured as other things in the game, my thought is that more engaged players means higher revenue.
When this shuffleboard mechanic is expected, there's far, far less of that. In-game, instead of a couple of weeks of talking about which prizes are useful to which players, players deciding which daily they're 'going for', etc, there was one FS wide email giving the link to the forum announcement. There has been zero chatter in either of my cities' FS after the initial 'ugh, shuffleboard' complaints. And, no, I did not express my dislike of this mechanic in-game. I'm a mage in each of those FS's and feel that part of my role is to encourage players about every aspect of the game, not just the ones I enjoy, so I wouldn't do that. Getting folks all riled up over something they have no control over causes rage quitting and recruiting for FS members is hard enough without that!
Another example goes to the impact on Inno's bottom line. My spending habits may not be the 'norm', but here's how it effects me: In a rotating chests event, where I've been able to maintain some illusion of control and done some planning: I end up with a raw deal on the RNG and don't get what I wanted. I'll spend some diamonds to get what I want. In a shuffleboard event, I don't bother because I have no illusion that I can control anything about the outcome.

AtaguS

I'd like to see it gone because it means I throw fewer seeds at the luck wheel and more seeds toward an achieved objective. There has always been an element of luck in the events but the hidden reshuffle is a real wildcard factor and seems to makes luck an equal player as opposed to a minor factor in whether I achieve a goal in this event. If I'm going to work at meeting the challenges set forth in these events, delay city growth and other objectives, strategize and plan out where I want to spend my seeds and on what building...I'd like to think those activities have an impact on whether I succeed, rather than all that work merely becoming coin that then I use to buy a spin at the wheel.
At least with the chests in previous events we could see what the prizes were and chance of getting it...we knew when we spent the essence in the chest that we'd get at least one of those prizes and so it felt less like blind luck and more like something we could strategize for. The shuffle board is bad enough without the added hidden reshuffle which comes along and knocks all your efforts back to zero value. In short, it makes doing the challenges feel like a real chore rather than a worthy hurdle to jump.

Kekune

I agree with Darielle that I'd rather have control over the shuffle button. I would not want the shuffle to be limited to once daily, as there are times I want to try for multiples of a daily prize. I just want to be the one to trigger it.

I would still dislike the shuffleboard compared to the chests, but it's that random surprise shuffle that really makes me mad.

It's just a totally different feeling in the two types of events. You can open chest after chest without getting the daily, but at least you're aiming at certain consolation prizes, and each chance is a fresh chance. With the shuffleboard, you have to work through all the crap on the board, whether you want it or not. Losing progress and having to do that multiple times is just infuriating, as is having to continue wading through garbage to find the shuffle button when you do want it.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

Point for clarification: This does not mean that it will change anytime soon, or at all. However, understanding the target of the communities dislike towards the shuffleboard is vital for me to get the right message across to the overlords of Elvenar!

I do not mind the Shuffle mechanic, but I do not like that it can happen before you hit the daily prize. However, I think the player controlling when it happens makes it too easy. I would like to see something in between, and something I think I saw other people suggest during the Winter event, and that would that when you get the daily prize, a shuffle is automatically triggered. Considering all the minor prizes in those 16 chests, there is always that dread you will get the daily in the first couple of tries and then not hit the shuffle til eight or ten tries later, thus wasting a lot of resources.

Crow Last Elf

Yes, eliminating the hidden reshuffle would improve my opinion of the prize awarding mechanic. Hitting the hidden shuffle after narrowing down the field feels like I'm getting close to my prize, and it is snatched away by the reshuffle. All progress is lost.

DeletedUser21570

Regarding
1589222724885.png

For me, the reshuffle in and of itself is not a bad idea. However, I believe, and I have seen many others comment similarly, that the effect would be much improved if getting the shuffle was not instantaneous. Rather, ideally it would go into an "inventory" for the game. That way, we could CHOOSE when to use it. Nothing is as frustrating as getting through most of the lottery shuffleboard to get the daily prize you really want and then POOF shuffle and you start all over. Just as frustrating is you "win" the lottery and get the prize you want on the first try but are forced to go through the horrible prizes of relics and 1KP and flower cages that we can craft if we wanted them, or coin rain instants. If we could keep the shuffle until we wanted to use it, it would help.

I still hate this format and being able to use the shuffle when we want is less desirable then the 3 chest format, but it would help.

Also, where did the pet food go? All I hear is people complaining that they can't craft it often enough. Please, please, please, please put that back in as a prize instead of relics.