• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Season of Joy

hvariidh gwendrot

not sure why people keep posting you have to spend $ ..you can win diamonds from the game and use them vs spending $

step 1 join a decent felowship that likes to play for game rewards as part of membership
step 2 play
step 3 collect diamonds
step 4 use diamonds on what you want without spending $
yes it taks a little bit more than just grabbing the cc and enering #'s but it's a lot cheaper to play
p.s. a pond of autumn as a grand prize for finishing is a lame reward inno
there's no harm in leting your players get a good reward
might even increase participation and a chance to actually make it worth using a litle $

hvariidh gwendrot

@lyapo thanks, sorry guess i should have looked vs going off last seasons thingie,
either way 3k diamonds for what is offered is overpriced is my opinion
p.s. you are correct i just went and clicked the unlock and it asks for $$ season of joy pass 14.99 and premium pass 19.99 no use diamond option
ignore my previous post and let the complaining continue

Last edited:

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I gotta be honest, I have a true fondness for the frozen giant head shrine. When I saw it in the season prizes, I would have dropped 3k diamonds for that building alone. I love that little guy. I am not dropping $14.99 for it. Love has its limits.

Tehya1

After looking at all of the buildings, I might have been tempted to buy the pass with diamonds, but there are lots of great bldgs for people in woodelves and beyond that make good amounts of mana and seeds for their foot prints.

satchmo33

I really like the Seasons!! The prizes are actually worthwhile...AND, I did splurge and spend the bucks to get the Pass thang...and it gives REALLY good prizes.

quin: I view it as them finally calling a spade a spade in offering a purchase for actual money instead of making you jump through hoops of buying 'diamonds' first. Same thing. Less clicking. Still spending money.

elvenbee

I really like the Seasons!! The prizes are actually worthwhile...AND, I did splurge and spend the bucks to get the Pass thang...and it gives REALLY good prizes.

quin: I view it as them finally calling a spade a spade in offering a purchase for actual money instead of making you jump through hoops of buying 'diamonds' first. Same thing. Less clicking. Still spending money.
Normally, I would agree with you. However, they did a 100% diamond sale and 50% diamond sale within a few days of each other. For people with one or two worlds and/or with those sales, and potentially a diamond stock-up, it could cost someone more money by having to purchase a straight pass instead of a diamond pass. That just seems messed up not to at least make it an option with those types of sales within days imho.
Actual sale dates: 100% on 4/26 and 50% on 4/28.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I do think it's a bit short-sited to require cash. After all, diamonds are diamonds and if a player hasn't purchased them before, they aren't going to for the so-so group of rewards now.

On the other hand, if you get them to spend the diamonds they have until they are near running out, a really good diamond deal (100% at least) will probably open their wallets more. As it stands, you can earn more diamonds than you can spend, so give us more ways to spend the diamond we have rather than punishing us for saving our diamonds while we wait for something to spend them on. Which would be the Season Pass, if we could.

But of course that's just my sense of things. I'm quite certain Inno has done the empirical thing and has a much better grasp on user behavior and what they can expect in making the season pass cash only. And it's probably more revenue than allowing it to be purchased with diamonds.

AJ

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I do think it's a bit short-sited to require cash. After all, diamonds are diamonds and if a player hasn't purchased them before, they aren't going to for the so-so group of rewards now.

On the other hand, if you get them to spend the diamonds they have until they are near running out, a really good diamond deal (100% at least) will probably open their wallets more. As it stands, you can earn more diamonds than you can spend, so give us more ways to spend the diamond we have rather than punishing us for saving our diamonds while we wait for something to spend them on. Which would be the Season Pass, if we could.

But of course that's just my sense of things. I'm quite certain Inno has done the empirical thing and has a much better grasp on user behavior and what they can expect in making the season pass cash only. And it's probably more revenue than allowing it to be purchased with diamonds.

AJ
I've never gotten a 200 percent, never gotten a 100 percent, and have only seen a 50 percent sale once in the past 4 years. I think Inno hates my money, lol, because they are never going to see it this way. I did break down and buy the stash hut this last time because I wanted two bases since I cater the spire, but that's the very most they'll see out of me.

Huor

the season pass stuff is good for extra prizes as you do your normal daily operations in your city. I get a few nice troop instants. I don't go out of my way for it though. i.e. I don't brew beer outside of an fa

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I would also prefer coin and tool instants to actual awards of coins & tools in the daily rewards. If I have just harvested my city (which is, after all, how we unlock a lot of the daily quests) my banks may already be full up. Then what?
You wave as the trucks pass with your coins and supplies, headed to the eternal bit dump. You are allowed to cry, btw.

AJ

Tehya1

Not sure if this has been posted, but one of my fs mates posted this: "so i have 3 cities. once i bought the pass in one city i was able to buy the other city i also wanted the pass on with 3k diamonds. "

Apparently, you can pay with diamonds in other cities once you purchase the first one with cash.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Not sure if this has been posted, but one of my fs mates posted this: "so i have 3 cities. once i bought the pass in one city i was able to buy the other city i also wanted the pass on with 3k diamonds. "

Apparently, you can pay with diamonds in other cities once you purchase the first one with cash.

Yes, this got asked over on the Beta forum about the Live version, and this is intentional by Inno. I think Beta got the pass for 3000 diamonds because you can only have one city per account there. But if the next Season is for real money there too, I will never buy it.

Flashfyre

I would also prefer coin and tool instants to actual awards of coins & tools in the daily rewards. If I have just harvested my city (which is, after all, how we unlock a lot of the daily quests) my banks may already be full up. Then what?
Go spend your coins and supplies at the Wholesaler, or start a Scout, or start some productions. Then, when you have room in your inventory, go collect the prize(s). A good tip is to NEVER do anything that could cause you to collect a reward if your inventories are full or nearly full. I try to keep mine at 3/4 or less of capacity at all times; when things start to fill up, I go shopping and spend them down.

satchmo33

Y'all who've gotten 'free' diamonds through sales and spire are really lucky. I NEVER get the sales offers...and don't seem to get very many out of the spire, either. Poor, poor, pitiful me.