• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Season of Joy

elvenbee

Diamonds can be either purchased or won. There's plenty of information about the Spire here.
Yes, but some people aren't receiving the 100% sale or 50% sale, as noted by Darielle's comment. The fact that they're offering these sales to some players and not other is asinine.

I've never gotten a 200 percent, never gotten a 100 percent, and have only seen a 50 percent sale once in the past 4 years.

Kadhrin

I would also prefer coin and tool instants to actual awards of coins & tools in the daily rewards. If I have just harvested my city (which is, after all, how we unlock a lot of the daily quests) my banks may already be full up. Then what?
You wave as the trucks pass with your coins and supplies, headed to the eternal bit dump. You are allowed to cry, btw.

Before clicking the green Claim button, I suggest doing one or more of these things:
* buy KP with gold
* use some time boosters on the Barracks, Training Grounds, and Mercenary Camps, then reload the queues
* visit the Wholesaler and pick up some goods
* use some time boosters on the factories or armories and start more new productions

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
Yes, but some people aren't receiving the 100% sale or 50% sale, as noted by Darielle's comment. The fact that they're offering these sales to some players and not other is asinine.
I agree! It used to be that only players who had never made an in game purchase received the 200% offer. That is no longer true, I got a 200% offer in one of my iyapo1 cities. In theory the longer you go with out buying the better your offers get. Which I always felt was an unkind way to do it.

@Darielle's diamond sales offers have always been weirdly glitched.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The 200% diamond offers are probably the "gate way" sales. A person who has never purchased may, and probably, continue buying, at least in small amounts, once they've passed the hurdle of "I've never bought before." It's a big thing for some to start spending but when they do it gets easier, just like the first time you face any temptation. Giving in the first time makes the second time just easier.

But I agree the idea that the more times you spend the better the offers should be. I'd suggest a percentage raise of 5% each time you purchase within a given year. So purchasing $20 after purchasing $20 two months ago would give you 105% of what you previously purchased for the same $20. You could cap it at 10 times a year so by the end of the year you would get 150%. You could even make it so it only works for the same level each time or for the $20 level (supposedly, the most popular). And, it would stay at 150% as long as you bought every 3 months. Miss a purchase and it goes down 20% and stays there until you make 3 purchases, one every 3 months, and then goes backup. In other words, reward steady paced purchasing. If I were Inno I'd want the small but steady over the once in a lifetime big purchase any time.

AJ

Last edited:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yep I get the 200% periodically, and I only buy the builder in a new account anymore, as I am on a purchase strike for 2 reasons.
First, I am waiting for parity between the two platforms, mobile and desktop (while retaining functionality). Today I successfully transferred to a new fellowship on mobile even though it was not an auto suggested one, so that's progress. We still need manual battling, and real time information display for mobile and inventory search for desktop. By real time information, I mean it should be more apparent what a player is missing when offered a diamond purchase in place of a completed research or build attempt.

Second - I would really appreciate some transparency with regards to Inno's diamond purchase policies. Forge of Empires is notorious for putting through multiple purchases on a Credit Card; and yes it's happened to me, this is not just hearsay (although...). So we'd like an answer as to why a dedicated player like Darielle never sees 60, 80, 100 or 200% offers on one of her accounts, and some real honesty about who is responsible for those rolling charges on FoE (because that employee could get transferred to another game, just saying) .

Rp44

I just want to reiterate again how disappointing it is to get straight coins /tools instead of instants. If we hadn't gotten instants the first time it would be less disappointing. So I'm hoping that the Seasons will be like events and INNO is just switching up the prizes for different ones. That way I can hope for instants again in the future.

Rp44

As far as diamond sales go, I have eight live accounts total and two have never received diamond offers. One of those also never receives the event emails - it's the most unluckiest one of all. :)

Myne

Oh Wise One
I do think it's a bit short-sited to require cash

The 200% diamond offers are probably the "gate way" sales.

1. You DO realize that you live in a world of supply and demand, right? Businesses REQUIRE cash to operate. INNO is a business. Ergo, there will be times when they require cash.

2. 200% diamond offers are incentives, NOT a gateway to something else, for pete's sake. While some of us may be loving the game, it's certainly not a drug that will lead to something else.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Diamond sales have always been random and never sent to everyone at the same time.
They don't have to be sent to everyone at the same time, but in my opinion, they should be sent to everyone at one time or another. One person should not be shut out forever while another person gets them every few months. It just seems unfair.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
1. You DO realize that you live in a world of supply and demand, right? Businesses REQUIRE cash to operate. INNO is a business. Ergo, there will be times when they require cash.

2. 200% diamond offers are incentives, NOT a gateway to something else, for pete's sake. While some of us may be loving the game, it's certainly not a drug that will lead to something else.
Well, it's been my experience that, as a business owner, if you get a person to buy one thing, once they do, it's much easier to get them to buy the next. And while for some it's not a "drug that will lead to something else," we aren't speaking of something like drugs which can be addicting, but just the general resistance to starting in a direction we didn't think we wanted to go, and how the first step is the hardest. Sorry if my description seemed to be a bit of an exaggeration. I can see that it could look that way. Thanks for pointing that out.

AJ

Smooper

I have noticed on my mini city (between chap. 3 and 4) it is very hard to finish these tasks as compared to my midlevel city. Even though the amounts are scaled down, I don't want to use 3 coin rains or 3 supply windfalls when that is a good amount of my stock for my mini city. It's fine that I can't get all these tasks done because not everything can be easy but my mid-level city can really get the tasks done if I just note them and make an effort. The little city is not really gping to get these things done on a weekly basis.

Tehya1

The bldg prizes don't matter as much to small cities. They are really good for cities that use mana and seeds, but I doubt you will want to RR them when you get to later chs.