• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Shivering Tale of Dr. Freakenspleen Feedback

DeletedUser7738

At my level (Elvenar Chapter) this event is a waste of time, resources & effort. The grand prize being a 4x4 pop/culture building that is useless (yeah, can disenchant it ... but I already have 30K crafting ribbons!). So I am just going to play my usual game & ignore the event, unless I happen to complete one of the event quests ...

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
At my level (Elvenar Chapter) this event is a waste of time, resources & effort. The grand prize being a 4x4 pop/culture building that is useless (yeah, can disenchant it ... but I already have 30K crafting ribbons!). So I am just going to play my usual game & ignore the event, unless I happen to complete one of the event quests ...

You don't speak for everyone, so while you may find it useless, many other players want it, including players like me who are also in chapter 15. I will gladly take a 4x4 with over 6000 pop that does not need a road.

I looked at your city and Freakenspleen has denser pop than all of your chapter 14 event hybrids, of which you have many. Not sure how this qualifies it as useless, but to each his/her own.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB

My approach too - though I can definitely use the many Time Boosters to make extra Tournament troops!!
:)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Wow, that was a big jump for tier 1 production. In the Zodiac event where I was in chapter 14, the Fair Amount of tier 1 quest wanted me to produce 62,800 marble. And now in this event, with me now in chapter 15, this "fair" amount is now 75,200 marble. I expected it to go up some, since I did enter the new chapter, but not by that much. And of course, I still have the exact same number of factories at the same level as before, so yay for needing to do extra productions for this?

Deleted User - 3932582

Wow, that was a big jump for tier 1 production. In the Zodiac event where I was in chapter 14, the Fair Amount of tier 1 quest wanted me to produce 62,800 marble. And now in this event, with me now in chapter 15, this "fair" amount is now 75,200 marble. I expected it to go up some, since I did enter the new chapter, but not by that much. And of course, I still have the exact same number of factories at the same level as before, so yay for needing to do extra productions for this?
Yep, sitting on the same quest. Except I have fewer T1 manus now than I had the last event (only 2x). Oh well, this is probably going to be the longest quest for me, everything else is relatively straightforward and/or can be prebuilt.

DeletedUser4372

after looking at all the hoops the game wants me to jump through for a total of 6 x 15 minute time boosters, i open up my crafting and make 9 of them, (15 min time boosts) in 4 hours. if this does not say it all about how these events are set up as time/diamond sinks? I went back to playing an older game and have cut my time from this game drastically and i am still moving ahead at a good click. if they did not just add the latest "guest" map. i would be locked at the end. I do not race to red lights when i drive either. (added). I still play the events, i just do not go bonkers trying to finish it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19458

Love this event so much more relaxing and fun to play. quests are not terribly hard and you don't even have to try and look ahead, just do them as they come and there is plenty of time to get through all.

Prize is nothing spectacular, but still a decent pop/culture building I'll be happy to place out.

ALmost finsihed with it and then it will be off my screen - something I wish the 'unlimited' events we could do the same with.

DeletedUser10594

After the last event, then the devs completely ignoring the feedback from it, I'm over it. I don't care about this event, and I'm not going to do anything special for it. They have ruined me on events. Not to mention, the prize is virtually worthless too.

DeletedUser2959

Man, I can feel the pinch from torching so many buildings for XV. That being said, I'm on step 25 and nothing so far has been enough to make me drop the quest line. TBH, the prize looks pretty good to me. I'll probably toss that Friendship building that I stupidly bought without looking at it. That thing is a big disappointment.

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color

The event rewards offer 30 hrs worth of time boosters. MailenaLani is correct. I hope you all complete this without using more than that in time reductions, else you are in the hole! This event is as sad as Craftsman Challenge for a handful of KP. The building value is average, restoration spelling it will be a waste so why bother placing. For low level chapters it doesn't offer more pop per square in your city.

The up coming winter event will have much better buildings so don't waste any time reductions on this event.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So I am done and now looking to see what older building I might replace with this funky one, and the little story has me wondering something. Now, there have been at least two past events, Woodelvenstock and the Mermaid event, that had a mini-event that led into the big event. The orc at the end mentioned Deadwoodelvenstock, basically an Elvenar version of a Grateful Dead concert and Woodstock combined, and I wonder if that is what we are going to get as the Winter event, instead of the standard stuff?

DeletedUser24112

Thought it was a grimy tale to be spending effort on. A few tries into the event led to time boosters. Tried to spend these back into the event for the prize seems to be only to complete the event. Dr. Freakenspleen and his lacky want to construct a castle to create life from scratch. All effort put into the event as I game right now, still puts the prize past what I can do. Is it worth diamonds? We'd like some events for city expansions before humoring the scientist and his views for a castle. Dr. Freakenspleen does appear to smolder with early electricity. Does it match our freezer for goods made from cog wheels?

Last edited: