• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

This is hysterical

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Does it glitch in a way that you happily take their money but it ends up…in my account? Asking for a friend…
If that was the case, I'm adding my own account to the list.

I hope you communicate to your team that people are unhappy. Not with you. With them, and with the performance of the game.
Regularly. I consider a large portion of my job to be an advocate for US players. I spend a lot of time arguing for the things you'd like to see changed or implemented or improved. I'm successful much less often than I'd like to be.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Yes. When I was in spire, I checked to see how much I had available of goods before I decided to convince. Going in, I knew I had about 19K marble, but when I looked, I kept seeing 1106K - which was what I had in coin...

I am very envious of your new residences and footpaths...
That always happens to me. I have gotten to the point where I've gone out of the spire just to check my goods on the drop down. I don't trust the spire totals.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I've been experiencing the same sort of icon confusion. Sometimes I just get a nice colored circle with no icon at all. One thing that seems to help is to clear your image cache in your browser. It doesn't usually fix the problem long term, but at least for a half hour or more things get back to normal.

AJ

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Regularly. I consider a large portion of my job to be an advocate for US players. I spend a lot of time arguing for the things you'd like to see changed or implemented or improved. I'm successful much less often than I'd like to be.
I will not say which, but I feel like the experience in another forum is more about mods writing people up for small infractions than actually being helpful. Whether or not it's their intention, it seems like they work harder to mute players than help address issues and grievances. So yes, thank you for making this forum more enjoyable and assisting in giving players a voice.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I will not say which, but I feel like the experience in another forum is more about mods writing people up for small infractions than actually being helpful. Whether or not it's their intention, it seems like they work harder to mute players than help address issues and grievances. So yes, thank you for making this forum more enjoyable and assisting in giving players a voice.
Crackie I see you and raise that bid!! Not saying who either, but yeesh!
Thank you @helya. I would help you out but Gems claimed me first. ;)

Aritra

Sometime in the last few days (not sure when, my sense of time gets wonky), I experienced crazy glitch in my MA crafting tab. The graphics were half missing and offset. I was able to hover or tap (I don't recall if I was on mobile or desktop at the time) and able to see what the item was without the picture and so I was able to continue crafting. It was a bit annoying but I didn't worry about it yet. I did log out and back in and change screens without it fixing. I decided not to report it then in case it was a very temporary thing (whether system corrected, or known problem and coincidentally fixed soon). When I logged back in a few hours later, everything was back to normal. If it had been persistent, I would have reported it. Now, the craziness in those screenshots (and descriptions) earlier in this thread are things I haven't seen. Wow. So weird. o_O

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Another glitch this morning. I have 2 silk factories that have blue butterflies on them. They're so gorgeous that I want to upgrade the others as soon as possible ... those still have the white skein of silk on them. So anyway, I upgrade one ... and suddenly I ask, "Where's my butterfly? They were the same level ... I checked and double checked, but no butterfly. I didn't recognize this one, so I checked the wiki and found that it looked "almost" like the one ahead of that but not quite, so I think it was a combo of the two. I should have gotten a screen shot, but I just backed out and reloaded, and there it was ... my butterfly. So all is well, but it was strange.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I sent screen shots to the help people and they told me to clear my cache. In my msg to them I told them I had done that and that it fixed the problem only to have it come back between 10 and 20 minutes later. Telling me to clean my cache when they I had already done that repeatedly, shows me they are "skimming" the msgs they receive and hitting some kind of "auto-reply" list. That's the first way to actually not see problems and to "deal" with them so you look efficient even if the customer is being ignored. Having run a company where we had customer service people it's a common problem to have those who manage by the numbers insist and push for higher rates of efficiency. Eventually "getting your numbers up" becomes the most important thing and filters down to those who actually do (or don't do) the work.

AJ

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I sent screen shots to the help people and they told me to clear my cache. In my msg to them I told them I had done that and that it fixed the problem only to have it come back between 10 and 20 minutes later. Telling me to clean my cache when they I had already done that repeatedly, shows me they are "skimming" the msgs they receive and hitting some kind of "auto-reply" list. That's the first way to actually not see problems and to "deal" with them so you look efficient even if the customer is being ignored. Having run a company where we had customer service people it's a common problem to have those who manage by the numbers insist and push for higher rates of efficiency. Eventually "getting your numbers up" becomes the most important thing and filters down to those who actually do (or don't do) the work.

AJ
I suspect it was more that they didn't read the entire ticket. We don't have particularly stringent response time requirements, but we do only have 6 supporters. Cache clear is always the first line of attack with browser problems.

Gladiola

From what I am reading here and my own observations, I think that this is probably a server performance issue and that we are experiencing really bad lag. I am hearing that people in the browser are encountering problems the most. The "incorrect" images or overlaid images or missing images are a result of extremely slow loading times. Basically it reads like your servers (or maybe CDN?) can't cope with the demands, so I'd be asking what in the most recent release might be putting additional strain on the servers.

LayDHawk

I appreciate you @helya I know it's not your fault that this is happening, but I hope you communicate to your team that people are unhappy. Not with you. With them, and with the performance of the game.
there are people leaving the game all over! if your plan (INNO) is to tick off enough people then its working! I, just about there as well, again!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
My big boss in the spire disappeared.
This happened to us as well.
@helya
My Beta, my winy, but not khel
Tomatoehu: either winy or khel but not both.

So 3/6 servers/accounts simply had no 3rd-floor boss at the end. We both used timer instants and did the whole floor in a single go and when we got to the end the space was empty and unclickable including the final chest.
A full tab refresh fixed it in all cases.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
My big boss in the spire disappeared. I went out and came back in, twice. Still no boss

This is happening in all the servers and we've reported it. The other little weird things are harder to pin down, so feel free to post pictures here (include the browser you're using), or if you contact support, ask them to forward them to me.

Huor

From what I am reading here and my own observations, I think that this is probably a server performance issue and that we are experiencing really bad lag.

This definitively has a network issue feel to it. I usually feel network issues hard as I'm rural and only have at&t cellular on a single tower and I'm not having any issues on the us7 server. I wonder if chrome put out a new release. I don't auto update so I'm back a couple of versions. I also wonder if a squid type proxy got inserted some where. I used to use one of those and they can cause all types image issues with if modified since requests. I know at&t runs them for videos over cellular. Just thinking out loud...