• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Too Much KP Purchase

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Simple: to always have enough onhand to complete tech and AWs when required.
Too many times I have had to patiently collect KPs to finish 1 tech, then do it all again. And while KPs earned from the MA/events can be used for all KP-required things, but other sources like instants cannot.
So, I hoard "regular KPs" to spend on tech, saving my "special KPs" for AWs.
By taking my time getting through each chapter, I collect KPs from events and the MA that I don't need to use right away. For the past 2 years I have only used KPs when needed; that has also meant not spending thousands of them on AWs, keeping those levels low enough to reduce the Spire and Tourney costs, as well as anything else that uses AW levels as a factor.

As an aside, since that pic I posted, I had over 4K in storage. But the new chapter I'm in saw me use a few hundred to open up the next couple of techs. Now while I work on collecting the needed guest race goods, I'll be restocking the KP inventory.

You also say that they don't do any good there (in the KP bar), but I would counter that they also don't expire or decay, so it does nothing detrimental to your game to have them in there.
But doesn't that mean you're getting a lot less kp overall, since you are missing out on 24 kp per day? That's over 700 kp per month that would be there to add to techs. I'm not saying you're wrong to do it your way; I'm just saying I don't get it.

BrinDarby

I'm just saying I don't get it.

So lets say ur full on KP, and no research can be add'd to.
You end up dumping it into AWs, prolly of others.... right ? :confused:

Did you "lose" that KP from research ? well, yes... sure you
got a few AWKP back for it but nothing else.... If you keep
the KP bar over-max'd, you aren't "losing" earned KP, that
then you can use for research only.

On the other hand is the "racing" city that always can use
the KP into research, the new city, or if a high CH per research
situation occurs where also KP is always dumpable into
research. Then yes, you are losing some free KP.

I personally am playing casually, so I like the flexability of
being able to blast thru 2 CHs, in 1/2 hr, if I so choose.

While there are more Pros than Cons, to using that free KP,
there are some Pros to saving up KP.

Darielle

So lets say ur full on KP, and no research can be add'd to.
You end up dumping it into AWs, prolly of others.... right ? :confused:

Did you "lose" that KP from research ? well, yes... sure you
got a few AWKP back for it but nothing else.... If you keep
the KP bar over-max'd, you aren't "losing" earned KP, that
then you can use for research only.

On the other hand is the "racing" city that always can use
the KP into research, the new city, or if a high CH per research
situation occurs where also KP is always dumpable into
research. Then yes, you are losing some free KP.

While there are more Pros than Cons, to using that free KP,
there are some Pros to saving up KP.
Thanks for explaining it. That makes sense.

Flashfyre

But doesn't that mean you're getting a lot less kp overall, since you are missing out on 24 kp per day? That's over 700 kp per month that would be there to add to techs. I'm not saying you're wrong to do it your way; I'm just saying I don't get it.
Am I missing out on the 24 "free" KP? Sure. Is it hurting my playing? Absolutely not. What good is 700 KP a month if you can't use them effectively?
I take my time going through chapters, especially now that I'm in the high 'teens ones (currently muddling though 16), which means I often find myself tech-locked due to guest goods production woes, not KP needs. Right now I'm working to make enough Dwarf and Fairy Propositions to open the techs for the Embassy upgrades; I spent the needed KPs weeks ago. How would earning "free" KPs help me finish those techs (which are now bottlenecking my progression) when I wouldn't be able to spend them anyhow?
In fact, as of today, I now have 4772 KP in my bar. I spend what I need, as I need to. I earn more each week than I can effectively spend. So it adds up. And that is the key...effectively spend. I don't waste KP on things that are not conducive to advancing my game. Tossing KP at AWs just because you don't have anywhere else to use them is not an effective strategy, especially if you are trying to keep your Tourney/Spire costs down (and as a caterer, I really want to keep them as low as I can, since the devs have not seen fit to give us similar benefit buildings as they did for fighters, but that's another discussion entirely).

Dhurrin

LOL. Maybe in earlier chapters, but not in later chapters as the requirements of orcs, seeds, mana etc will far outstrip the amount you will be able to store or generate in a short period.

@Flashfyre
As a caterer you will have far fewer AWs to place and upgrade than a fighter, so that may be a valid reason.
For me, I'm basically fighting everything. As I'm at the end of chap 21 I could just sit back and let the KPs accumulate. I may get to that point, just because I'm running out of AWs I'm interested in.

BrinDarby

buy 20KP or donate MagicAcademy ....

so Inno paired 2 potential impossible tasks in
the same "or" ..... seriously ???:rolleyes:
Ohh great, 2 of these in a row, thats helpfull ... :mad:

edit: ok they weren't both in a row....

Last edited:

BrinDarby

Somewhere I thought @Dominionofgod or someone else
posted 114 buy KP for the event. I just counted 134 total.

Between 29 and 51, there's (4) of the buy 20 KP tasks, that
if you don't have open Cauldron, have NO options... therefore
way to go Inno :rolleyes: for just crushing early CH players. Infact
of the (7) buy KP tasks, this applies to ALL of them.

Its obvious to me, (4) in 21 tasks leading to the 2nd artifact on
the timeline thingy, then just 1 in the last 20 tasks..... that Inno
is pressing the issue, that if you want that timeline artifact then
you better buy a crapload of KP you prolly can't afford or
cripples any progression you were trying to accomplish to get
that artifact.

In the past perhaps (2) buy KPs were manditory and (2) more
had options, but this event 5 of 7 are manditory and without
Cauldron all 7 are manditory. So with rapidfire events, because
they are not based on CH but accumulatitive, its far too easy
not to be able to afford to buy any. Lets face it, buy KP really
should be something that helps players to complete research
, when necessary, not a way to extract $$$ from us in Events.

Shame on you Inno, way to chase more players away,
especially new players you need desperately !

Dhurrin

It is 114 MANDATORY KPs to buy; meaning there is no 'or.." quest.
There are more quests to buy KPs, but those have an alternative, though the alternative sometimes is all but impossible for some players, especially smaller ones.

I noticed that one of my testcities got quests to create CC-spells, though that tech is not available until later, so you get stuck there too.
And same with the cauldron you mentioned.

Same goes for 'gain relics' and 'do x encounters' for smaller cities when they haven't reached the point yet where they can participate in the tourney and/or spire, which means doing additional map-encounters, forcing them to overscout. As do the 'scout a province' quests, especially since those tend to have an alternative that is not possible for smaller cities.

And without being able to enter the Spire, quests to 'gain spellfragments' are all but impossible, except by disenchanting already rare enchantments.

Last edited:

Darielle

It is 114 MANDATORY KPs to buy; meaning there is no 'or.." quest.
There are more quests to buy KPs, but those have an alternative, though the alternative sometimes is all but impossible for some players, especially smaller ones.

I noticed that one of my testcities got quests to create CC-spells, though that tech is not available until later, so you get stuck there too.
And same with the cauldron you mentioned.

Same goes for 'gain relics' and 'do x encounters' for smaller cities when they haven't reached the point yet where they can participate in the tourney and/or spire, which means doing additional map-encounters, forcing them to overscout. As do the 'scout a province' quests, especially since those tend to have an alternative that is not possible for smaller cities.

And without being able to enter the Spire, quests to 'gain spellfragments' are all but impossible, except by disenchanting already rare enchantments.
I'm in that position with my newest city in chapter 3. Getting a boat load of buy kp and collect ccs. I'm also getting some donate to AW options but I don't have that tech yet either. The buy kps are the worst though, because even though I'm theoretically able to buy kps, I don't get enough coins to afford them. And even though the small ID kp quests are for only 15 instead of 20 like they are with Dari, that's ridiculous. A chapter 3 player has a much much much much much much much much much harder time buying 15 kps than Dari has buying 20, despite the fact that each kp costs well over 3 million coins on the bigger ID. I've got coin rains coming out of my ears while my chapter 3 city has ZERO coin rains and ZERO ability to make them, since I have ZERO options for making spell frags except to sell my precious one or two buildings in inventory .... and those give so low spell frags that I could barely have enough for one 5 percent coin rain ... and what would that give me? A few hundred coins considering my low main hall capacity? The buy kp should not be 15 while this ID has 20. I'd say chapter 3 should get no more than buy 5 kp and even then it would still be easier for my Dari ID.

BrinDarby

CH5 city ( moved up from CH3 ) , no cauldron yet....

Buy 20 KP = 5x 92k coins, 5x 8400 T1, 5x 4300 T2, 5x 1550 T3
This is the equivilent to 2 full days production, and
3x my 3hr production runs....

I recounted and there's 8 total buy KP tasks, far more than
there ever have been before. of those the following applies :
buy 14 KP (1x tasks) has options
buy 20 KP (2x tasks) has cauldron option only.
buy 20 KP (5x tasks) no options whatsoever.

So that means I would have to spend 16 full days of
production, in a 21 day event..... :rolleyes: seriously ?? :mad:
2 full weeks of NO spire and NO tourn, uhhhh No !!
( next event it gets MORE expensive , too )

Look for the last 2-2.5 years Inno really tried to help out
newer players, @ the expense of older players.... Now,
with the new tech tree, they have reversed ALL the gains
made during this time. Even if Inno wants this to be a
pay-2-play game, ya gotta keep newbs here long enough
realistically to pay into the game. If you crush thier spirit
in the 1st few days/weeks, they're Gone !!! Thats when you
need to suck them in so hard they'll never quit, but no......
Inno just crushes them into dust from day 1.

in the 1st 4 years, I bet I bought 200KP/year for events....
just this 1 event will cost me 154 KP..... this has gone wayyy
beyond just outta control, its in Bizzaro land territory now.

Dhurrin

CH5 city ( moved up from CH3 ) , no cauldron yet....

Buy 20 KP = 5x 92k coins, 5x 8400 T1, 5x 4300 T2, 5x 1550 T3
This is the equivilent to 2 full days production, and
3x my 3hr production runs....

I recounted and there's 8 total buy KP tasks, far more than
there ever have been before. of those the following applies :
buy 14 KP (1x tasks) has options
buy 20 KP (2x tasks) has cauldron option only.
buy 20 KP (5x tasks) no options whatsoever.

So that means I would have to spend 16 full days of
production, in a 21 day event..... :rolleyes: seriously ?? :mad:
2 full weeks of NO spire and NO tourn, uhhhh No !!
( next event it gets MORE expensive , too )

Look for the last 2-2.5 years Inno really tried to help out
newer players, @ the expense of older players.... Now,
with the new tech tree, they have reversed ALL the gains
made during this time. Even if Inno wants this to be a
pay-2-play game, ya gotta keep newbs here long enough
realistically to pay into the game. If you crush thier spirit
in the 1st few days/weeks, they're Gone !!! Thats when you
need to suck them in so hard they'll never quit, but no......
Inno just crushes them into dust from day 1.

in the 1st 4 years, I bet I bought 200KP/year for events....
just this 1 event will cost me 154 KP..... this has gone wayyy
beyond just outta control, its in Bizzaro land territory now.
Exactly the problems I am running into as well, with both my (temporary) testcities; one to just see how the new techtree works out and one where I wanted to see how it works out without building the barracks (https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/truly-cater-only.38161/post-293965)

For smaller cities the events are just impossible. Even some of the daily quests for the seasons are impossible; gain 2 CC spells? Even if one has that unlocked at the time, (1 of these cities has, the other has not) cooking 2 of those in a lvl 3 MA (meaning already have spent diamonds on an upgrade) takes 10:30 hours for each! No Spire, so no way of getting them other than the MA, even if I did have Tinlug, which I don't, as one can't participate in the tourney.

With so many quests that are only theoretically possible, but practically are absolutely impossible new players are turned away. If I hadn't known the game I would probably have quit even before reaching chap 2.

(edited for typo's)

Last edited:

Dhurrin

Exactly !!! Bingo !!!
As it is, these cities will be deleted after they have served their purpose; one for just reaching chap 5-6 period as a way to get a feeling for the new techtree and for reaching chap 5-6 without ever building the barracks as a purely catering city. The fact that both are struggling with the events AND a lot of the seasonal quests is a 'bonus' in that experience.

But Inno needs to seriously look at doing some actual balancing, as the problems I encounter would have been more than enough to make me stop and find a game that is more playerfriendly had I been a new player without previous knowledge of the game.

No wonder there are so many deserted chap 1-3 cities on every server. I understand some are created and left because you cannot pick the first world you start on (STUPID!) so people create an account, then find they aren't on the server their friends are on so they create a new city on the one they do want to play on, but there is no way that each and every server has page after page after page of abandoned 0-point cities because of that. Or page after page after page of abandoned cities that haven't made it to chap 3 yet. So there very definitely is something wrong with the start of the game. OR with the way the game is portrayed/advertised

Last edited:

JackofShadows

I'm relatively new - I just got tournaments unlocked this past week.

With regards to the buying KP - it DESTROYS new players because it's a permanent increase at a time when the resources available to a player are drastically limited. Since it doesn't reset, each quest to purchase KP raises the bar that much higher.

New players don't have a gazillion coin rains saved up. They don't get thousands of coins per residence, and don't have dozens of neighbors. And their MH isn't terribly high level, so the neighborly help reward is not that large. And they have other things they have to spend coins on - like upgrading buildings, and producing goods.

And then - two weeks later - another expletive event with mandatory "buy KP" quests.

(and this doesn't address the issues with "get CC" or "get enchantment" or "gain spell fragments " or "gain vision vapor" quests that other, more eloquent, people have mentioned)

I don't know where the owners / developers heads are at. They certainly aren't grounded in reality - at least, not as regards new players.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Is everyone just fixated on using coins to buy KP? We can use our three boosted standard goods as well. And once you get your tier 3 boosted good unlocked and built, that stays really cheap for a while for buying KP, as it only goes up by 10 goods per KP.

OIM20

Or forcing you to disenchant the buildings you get from the event. Which, let's face it, aren't overly useful in the first few chapters, so really, that's the main reason to try and get them.

I'm of the opinion that the point in most of these quests being harder for smaller cities is to A) force them to play more to advance their city, and B) encourage them to spend real world money to get their city where the event would be beneficial to play.

Still, like @Enevhar Aldarion mentioned, using boosted goods to buy KP is an option, and it's one I use in my ch 6 city in Fely. I use a bit of a mix, really, in the other cities at this point.

Meanwhile, I still hate the merge game. Loathe it, even.