• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

GlamDoll

will come along and say differently, but I have personally never seen anyone say this was a good AW to build.

Heyas. MY turn :p. No, I don't know the numbers, but, I do get a ton of mana because I am scouting like no tomorrow. I craft time boosters often & The Spire drowns me with them & frags, as well. I am all but certain that is the worst strategy, but I kinda have a thing for mana in my chapter. (Elementals).

Throne is also on my 'hit' list to do the new Inno (Unno?) thing, and start demolishing a decent chunk of my city. If my FS has no issue, Imma gonna nuke my city from orbit, just to be sure. ( I recall nuking Inno about 2 years ago, when I joined this Forum). My, how the tables have turned.

but I wanted all the AW's

Once upon a time, I also did...now, well, that is my million $ question to myself.

Edit: In fact, I am really close to nuking ALL of them. I have special event buildings that will give me way more.
Edit II: Actually, for how I play, there are only 2 Wonders that are not Blunders to me. GA & MH....everything else is suspect.

Last edited:

Black watch

I hate to say this, but in "our" haste to adjust to INNO's stupid tourney situation now- perhaps selling off AWs (that take a seriously LONG time to level up) is the wrong thing to do.
I hate the fact that I'm no longer able to harvest over 500 a tourney when I want.
I hate the fact that my losses are huge now, at under half of where I used to go.
I hate the fact that my clan is feeling the weight of the tourney's transformation- We have several new folks in the clan and others that can't participate much right now. So our upper level players that COULD have covered for them are being hit hard by the changes.

OKAY. Other than THAT.
The first page of the tourney is a breeze to do.
Even my tourney newbie's are doing well.
We've gone from 8.5 tourney chest ave to 9.3 in one week.
The marble tourney we never strove for, fired everyone up when it was easier to get our points on the first page. (that said, several of my clan TESTED the tourney and pushed far more than we should have.) We actually were half way to eleven. (Yes I was stunned.)
I DO like the one click... my arm likes it too. Carpel tunnel sucks.
I don't like that fact I couldn't pick through the four per province to cherry pick out some more points, but that is minor when you're looking at a blueprint in the eye.
I don't like the fact that INNO is basing their adjustments and such on the growth etc that MANY folks have detailed out. (thank you all for that- btw)
I don't like the mindset INNO showed us in doing so. What kind of company takes the foundation of their game and turns it against the very players that are their strongest supporters violating the reason to play this game.
NOW forgive me if I missed this in the comments.
INNO apparently is penalizing upper ranged folks in favor of lower ranged cities. WELL INNO, how long will those people be lower ranged cities? They are going to grow, THEN THEY will be in the same place these upper ranged cities are in NOW.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that you're shooting yourself in the foot.

INNO, you need to pull your head out of your butt and fix this problem.
Yes, you can make some money... but you could actually have more... you could have your cake and eat it TOO!
Adjust the complexity out of the tourneys and make it about the mandatory squad size. It's that simple and yes... it can be that simple...
don't let this drag on... then if and when you do pull your head out, you'll piss a lot of people off because they sold off a bunch of AWs in a kneejerk reaction.

And just so everyone knows... I'm not selling one GD AW off... I worked HARD to get those where they are... and yes... my arm hurts... Carpel tunnel SUCKS!

God bless everyone... hope you are all staying safe!
Blackie

Last edited:

GlamDoll

Oh dear Blackie! Bless your heart! I mean that with as much sincerity I can muster...and yes, I am fully aware of sincerity is no guarentee for truth.

I obviously was not clear enough regarding GlamDoll's city. Please, do allow me to elaborate...

I have many buildings that blow all The Ancient Blunders outta the water!!! Period.

It does not matter if anyone believes me or not...in fact, as much as I adore & admire our math wiz's here, they can't even change my mind!

Not that they are wrong, I just don't speak their language.

To the matter at hand & why I am posting again on this thread (And I thought Event threads bummed me out)...

I am not kidding. I have a TON of Event buildings that blows away the penalty, etc. I can't do ANYTHING about expansions I have already placed.

BTW, my city produces a 'fair' amount of KP daily. It's by design.

Thank you for trying to get me from raging over sold Ancient Blunders. Means a lot!

It's either that or rage quit! So, I choose the lesser of the two.....

Be Blessed!

Deleted User - 1178646

Right now one of my issues is the lack of feedback from Innogames. Theres massive negative feedback to some aspects of the changes and players are quitting and selling their AW's. What was once a peaceful and relaxing environment now feels hostile and even in this thread you can see people attacking etchother. A simple acknowledgement that the feedback is being received could calm some peoples minds; while decisions on what to do next is made. The lack of any response from Inno gives the appearance of apathy although that is very likely not the case.

I can say that over the years I have played Inno has always been very considerate and friendly when I interacted with them. Given the community response I think its very likely some changes will be made and I dont feel its appropriate to attack the character of the developers before they have a chance to make things right.
The response would be like this:

Thank you for your feedback, we have carefully thrown it out the window. As we don't give a **** about your concerns.

DeletedUser7738

I concur with Black Watch (& others) whole-heartedly. I am distressed by what I am reading here in the forums (and elsewhere) and have put the brakes on almost everything until the dust settles & we get back to game mechanics. I can't believe Inno would shred the game so badly. I went back & finished off about 5 squad tech updates, that did nothing to adjust the ratios to troops in the battlefield (it did affect world fights); my tourney troop loses are staggering with autofight, so went to manual for a bit: with so many blocked areas & hedgerows to contend with, I did not fair much better, & their AI has become more assertive, better targeting. Much that has been said here & elsewhere closely resembles the remarks in beta, so it appears Inno took little of their observations to heart, if they read them at all. Lastly, if I have to tear down my city to accommodate Inno's changes to the tournament, it's not going to happen.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
These tourney changes... man... i wanted to like them. I really did. And i do love parts of it. I love the new system that makes it one fight per provenience instead of four. It saves a ton of time.

But the changes for fighting itself.... holy hell...

The difficulty has massively increased. Now i realise the intended change form the diagram posted about increasing difficulty for provenience 10+ but dead god.. Right before the changes to tourney i had jsut finished a 9 week test run on my city where i did 25~ provenances - two stars, every single week for 9 weeks and see at the end if i could fully retrain my army. And i actually succeed. (I started earlier then i intended to make sure i could do the test before the tourney change.)
Now.. i cant even make it past provenience #15 half the time before i start suffering to many defeats. And thats with my military AW's and a fully evolved and an active fire phoenix for 50% bonus.

And dispite only being able to do much less provenience.. im suffering loss that faaaaar exceed anything i suffered before. Yesterday i did up to #20; FIRST star... and still suffered a loss of well over 100 squads of units. Which is insane. (i only just finished orcs chapter.) - I tried the second star today. and i only got up to #14 before i was suffering to many defeats. So i had to stop early on both attempts. And in total i lost 150-200 squads of units. That is flat out crazy... I spent the last year or two working specifically on building my military strength. But this change is killing any desire to continue..

And the negotiation costs are crazy high as well. I thought they were supposed to be decreased according to the adjustment notes?? I realize they have a natural increase due to combining four encounters in to one. But this is massively excessive. Im getting single provenience that require 50k+ supplies to negotiate. Which is 10% of my max supply holding, for just one encounter. Gold is similar, but at least i have more of that where as im using all my supplies to train troops.

If all this crap continues.. your goign to see a massive drop off ppl willing to do tourneys. And without the combat aspect in this game, then it becomes nothing more then a cheap and time consuming version of sim city. This system needs fixed and soon.

mikeledo

I have noticed the overall FS scores have gone up. There were players who were struggling to make 1,000 now making well over 2,000 points. While I can't score 18,000 points on a steel tournament, I can sustain (I think) 7410 points. For the FS this is the better deal and I have my life backplaying 3 cities. I was thinking of quitting before because of the time suck. Now I am all in. Bring on the 100% diamond deals! While some people may leave because of it, others will stay because of the change.

Bella Skye

I have noticed the overall FS scores have gone up. There were players who were struggling to make 1,000 now making well over 2,000 points. While I can't score 18,000 points on a steel tournament, I can sustain (I think) 7410 points. For the FS this is the better deal and I have my life backplaying 3 cities. I was thinking of quitting before because of the time suck. Now I am all in. Bring on the 100% diamond deals! While some people may leave because of it, others will stay because of the change.
INNO could have easily changed the format to a more simplistic tournament style without adding all of the penalties for the more advanced players. We have spent an incredible amount of time building our cities to their current levels while lining INNO's pockets with our premium expansion purchases, not to mention Magic WS & Residences. The reward for this is they have debilitated our ability to perform to the level we had earned from hard work, investments, and dedication to this game. Our investments (premium expansions) should not result in penalty as those investments made INNO profitable! This format needs major adjustments.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
INNO could have easily changed the format to a more simplistic tournament style without adding all of the penalties for the more advanced players.

Or they could have left the difficulty and requirements alone and just removed all KP rewards after the 25th province for basically the same result they want. But I bet the protests to that would have been even worse. Lol

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Overall I'm losing more troops...but I expected to do that in the old format as I wanted to go to providence 25x6. I did that last (marble) and was surprised that I didn't lose a lot more, but only a few more. In addition, I found I could cater more and that meant that I could afford to lose a few more troops at the higher level. And I did that with only my Fire Phoenix. Steel is easier and I'm on the same path with a few support buildings to aide my Fire Phoenix. So, overall, a bit more troops, but a lot faster and easier overall.

My only problem is that when there are 3 - 5 different troop types I have to be more careful and do more "mixing and matching." That may take some time but if I can't figure it out catering isn't that expensive if I limit it to either the places where my choices are defeated or where I don't think I have a cost effective troop choice. I used to cater, at most, the first 6 provinces, but now I do up to 10, which saves me troops. And since I can build troops using all three troop buildings, I find I can keep up. My plan is to now go through the tournament cycle doing 25x6 and then, when steel comes around again, to go all out and see how far I can get.

Summary: so far so good. Faster to do, about the same level of difficulty, and I'm actually managing a few more points.

AJ

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I have noticed the overall FS scores have gone up. There were players who were struggling to make 1,000 now making well over 2,000 points.
I feel like releasing this change on the steel tournament is a factor as is the novelty.
It's possible that the reduction from 4 encounters to 1 will keep the numbers up, but I expect a little dip once the shine wears off.

sam767

I'm a fan. My FS is into chest 10 on Thursday night both weeks. My performance is is hurt. I got my 5K last week (52 in R1&R2, 4x9 for the rest, but the cost was soooo high). I cannot do it every week. Maybe every other or every third week. But clearly, my FS is adapting well to the change.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I'm a fan. My FS is into chest 10 on Thursday night both weeks. My performance is is hurt. I got my 5K last week (52 in R1&R2, 4x9 for the rest, but the cost was soooo high). I cannot do it every week. Maybe every other or every third week. But clearly, my FS is adapting well to the change.

If your goal is 5k points, and not the extra KP, it is easily done without going so deep. I got 5250 last week and did not go past the 2nd star of province 22. But you need the ability to do 6 stars or you will have to go deeper, instead of higher.

Deleted User - 1178646

Lol you should have tried to get the amound of KP / more rankingpoints with 5 equal rounds instead, this would have saved you at least 75% of the lost units if not more.

edeba

Right now one of my issues is the lack of feedback from Innogames. Theres massive negative feedback to some aspects of the changes and players are quitting and selling their AW's. What was once a peaceful and relaxing environment now feels hostile
They sent out their silly survey, which doesn't ask for any real feedback and can totally give the wrong feedback. They asked questions about playing games for enjoyment and relaxation, and that would be a reason, but they totally evaded about whether the game is actually doing that for you right now, or about what increases enjoyment and what decreases it.

I've liked this game more than other games I've played in the past, but that is no longer true with the tournament changes. I started playing this game to escape a real life that was crushing me with despair and these tournament changes bring on negative feelings, not enjoyment, fun, relaxation, but frustration, violation (the bait and switch on game investment doesn't feel much different then stealing or the home invasions I've suffered), and a major rip off. It is so frustrating, part of me wonders if I should thank them for potentially pushing me over the edge and leaving the game and reallocating my time to things that are meaningful, that at the end of the day a corporation with tobacco industry ethics can't profit from you any more. Well, I suppose I don't have to leave to cut off their source of profit from me, which is pretty much a done deal now.

Thanks Inno for the troop deal. Where I'm at in the tournament $50 doesn't give enough troops to field 1 tournament battle.

And what's the point in buying troops that can't win? So, spend $50 to play and encounter that just wipes them out? Brilliant, must have gone through the same thought process as the new tournament.

I will get past the nerfy Armageddon and just like I did when they nerfed my beloved crystal lighthouse,

I see you haven't forgotten that nerf... Neither have I... They could have at least added a chest at levels 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30...

Deleted User - 1178646

I see you haven't forgotten that nerf... Neither have I... They could have at least added a chest at levels 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30...
To be fair, it first got a buff and after that it became way to powerfull and we abused the shit out of it,
After they catched on it pretty much got reverted (and a bit more) after it was shown it was a "little bit too much"(understatement of the year)
It was like what? 600K goods a day from that wonder alone?
On top of a decent power in the first place.

If we did not have this tourney upgrade crap, it would have still been a pretty good wonder.

LutherTheHairy

If this is true thats horrible. That would directly punish players for advancing and make the optimal tournament strategy to avoid the majority of AW's. What would even be the point in building an AW that buffs your troops when it also buffs the enemy's?

I really hope this is wrong. I could see many players flat out walk away from the game because of these sorts of toxic changes. There has to be more fair ways to establish game balance.

-edit
Actually after digging in a bit more it looks worse. Players difficulty appears to be scaled by number of diamond expansions, normal expansions and goods boosts. Thats offensive. I feel like there is no point in trying to progress if I am just going to be punished for it.

One thing I realized is that everything gets bigger...even your buildings(!) as you city grows. In sense the city is in a semi steady state with similar numbers of buildings to tend to and challenges on the battlefield and gathering resources...all that really changes is balance depending on what you emphasize. And yes, if I build a ton of AWs and advance them, my and the enemies' squad sizes get bigger. But if I focus on say needles, heroes forge, sanctuary, etc.. the squad sizes get bigger but unit for unit my troops are tougher. The AWs chosen shift the balance around...just like certain other advancements do.