• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Unknown eggs discovered in Elvenar

Gath Of Baal

could someone tell me where gift boxes are to hover over to get daily prize?

At the top left right next to your portrait is an icon that says "Rise Of Phoenix".. click that and it will open another window with the daily prize listed and at the bottom of that window you will see 3 big eggs with either a 50/90/140 underneath each egg.. Hover your pointer over each and it will give you your % chances of winning what with each purchase..

EDIT: Sniped by Ashrem :) .. fast typer

DeletedUser3297

The devs said in the last live session that they were bringing back popular buildings from previous events. I have always hated all codex buildings and everyone I talked to agrees. Sooo, they better bring out the Father Tree again and maybe a few variations to hold true to their word...

I have no idea how the stupid codex building makes it to every event. Very lame

DeletedUser6919

My beta city is on chapter 2 about 1/2 way through the chapter and normally the orc strategists are not unlocked until more then 1/2 way through the orc chapter, So this building will be of use for a long time to come..

but now I feel that the orc strategists will help me win combats easier, which will allow me to gain province expansions faster.. I think most of the prizes are more helpful to the newer cities..

i may mis understand, but are you saying in chapter 2 city with an event won orc strategists bldg you can make orcs and fight with them ? or are you only gathering supplies from them until you reach the orc chapter. I'm entering chapter 3 and because i am a new player i extended myself too far out of gz and am getting my butt whipped in provinces. should i hope for an orc strategist bldg when it becomes available in the event. saving my essence for phoenix cult bldg but wouldn't mind tossing a few eggs at the orc bldg if it would be to my benefit .

btw, i love my burning egg !! great graphics of a ...burning egg.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maz Mellor

btw, i love my burning egg !! great graphics of a ...burning egg.

Yup, that's pretty much the size of it. :D I got myself a burning egg in my Win city. Looks like it's doing some serious air pollution, but I put it down the south end of town where nobody is currently living....

The buildings I'm really keen on are the Phoenix Cult (I have some Wayfarer's Taverns to replace) and the Orc Nest (6900 extra supplies per day in ch. 7 is nothing to sneeze at). I have no real use for the Tower of Fire—at my level I need more coins like I need a hole in the head—or the Traveling Merchants, since my fellowships are trade-balanced and I produce only boosted goods. However, I would like to congratulate the devs on coming up with not only some gorgeous art, but also some inventive new combination buildings for this event.

DeletedUser7511

I have read most of this thread and didn't see anything really mentioning how to get past the event quests if they are apparently impossible to pass. I have the quest to accept 5 trade offers but there are either none available anytime I check or the ones that are there I don't have the resources for. Is there a way to skip a quest so I can try and get more eggs?

DeletedUser7213

I have read most of this thread and didn't see anything really mentioning how to get past the event quests if they are apparently impossible to pass. I have the quest to accept 5 trade offers but there are either none available anytime I check or the ones that are there I don't have the resources for. Is there a way to skip a quest so I can try and get more eggs?
On my lowbie account, this one had me stuck for some time. Finally I caught someone online that accepted a (tiny) trade that I had had up, and I was able to message them and have them list 5 similarly tiny transactions, completing the quest. People are generally quite nice.

RNG, on the other hand... not so nice. 17 attempts to get a traveling merchant on a lowbie account netted me nada. Sigh.

DeletedUser7511

On my lowbie account, this one had me stuck for some time. Finally I caught someone online that accepted a (tiny) trade that I had had up, and I was able to message them and have them list 5 similarly tiny transactions, completing the quest. People are generally quite nice.

RNG, on the other hand... not so nice. 17 attempts to get a traveling merchant on a lowbie account netted me nada. Sigh.
Great idea thanks

DeletedUser1390

Really disappointing that the 2x1 prizes like the Unicorns are still being offered one at a time only, instead of in pairs as they were in Summer Solstice. What is the reason for this change? They're lovely, but obviously such poor value compared to larger buildings. So silly.

DeletedUser4968

I have to agree with you !
I also agree not my favorite. But I'm glad I don't like them all. I can save to try and get the ones I like. :)

The devs said in the last live session that they were bringing back popular buildings from previous events. I have always hated all codex buildings and everyone I talked to agrees. Sooo, they better bring out the Father Tree again and maybe a few variations to hold true to their word...

I have no idea how the stupid codex building makes it to every event. Very lame
Please a Father Tree! love them :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why would event buildings of the same size that provide nothing but culture, have different values? The event doesn't increase or decrease the chance of winning, so it simply serves as a penalty to those who prefer one look or another, with no meaningful choice. If there is a tradeoff between population and culture, that's fine. But why should the crystal unicorn offer a few more culture than the silver one, or the leaf codex less than the observatory. This is an inexplicable bonus or penalty to people for their esthetic choices.

If special residences were made a different color, but offered fewer population while being otherwise identical, no-one would ever choose the ones that offer less population. Why does anyone involved in design think it is a good idea to have prizes of identical size with different cultural values? If all prizes that are pure culture and the same size offered the same culture/square, then people could make true esthetic choices instead of feeling like they are being penalized for picking the Silver unicorn when the crystal one is empirically superior, or the Leaf codex when the observatory offers 25% more culture in the same space?

Again, if there is a meaningful trade-off of other features, like producing supplies, or materials vs culture or population, that's great. It offers people a meaningful choice for how to select. But to have two things that are different only in appearance and one offering more than the other is a terrible decision.

Anyone who picks the Leaf Codex instead of the Observatory is crippling their progress for esthetics, and this is bad prize design. There is no other way to put it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4220

Anyone who picks the Leaf Codex instead of the Observatory is crippling their progress for esthetics, and this is bad prize design. There is no other way to put it.
Anyone who picks anything smaller than 3x3 needs to have his/her head examined. Because there is a limited number of rewards, largest per square reward performance is irrelevant; you should get the largest reward buildings, which offer the largest total boost to your pop and culture compared to the standard buildings.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Anyone who picks anything smaller than 3x3 needs to have his/her head examined. Because there is a limited number of rewards, largest per square reward performance is irrelevant; you should get the largest rewards which offer the largest total boost to your pop and culture compared to the standard buildings.
Two things.

One, the words "needs to have his/her head examined" do not belong in a discussion of choices on the forums.

Two, largest total vs highest density is a meaningful choice. And I'll give you a clear indication of where you may be wrong.

If someone is in a full, and active, fellowship and in addition has four neighbors they can count on to visit pretty much every day, that means around 25 people polishing their culture when they ask it. If they can count on having about 10 polished culture buildings at all times, it means those buildings are giving twice as much culture as they would if unpolished. Space for culture is a trade-off, with most people having a certain amount of space they can devote to culture. if I have enough essences to win 10 buildings, and already have several that are very good culture, and several others that have good culture/pop that I don't want to get rid of, then winning 10 3x3 buildings I don't have room to place, and which, if I do place them, will give me 10 buildings to polish in my available space instead of 15 buildings, it means that I will have less total culture than if I do it my way.

Perhaps I want 6 - 2x4 buildings to produce culture and orc strategists, and as many 2x2 buildings as I can to get the highest possible density of culture in my remaining space, and take the best advantage of neighborly help. That is a choice. and to tell me that I'm somehow less intelligent than someone else for having made it is a bit presumptuous.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Anyone who picks anything smaller than 3x3 needs to have his/her head examined. Because there is a limited number of rewards, largest per square reward performance is irrelevant; you should get the largest reward buildings, which offer the largest total boost to your pop and culture compared to the standard buildings.
I'm not sure this is true for players with limited space.
In the winter event I was able to win enough rewards to have 100% of my culture come from event buildings for the next 2 chapters, and in my smaller city I could have had 100% of my pop from them too, but couldn't do that without reducing my income to near zero.
If space, and not number of buildings is your concern, then per square performance is the most relevant.

DeletedUser4220

1) If you already have your city full of event buildings then I agree with both of you, but most ppl don't. You can always delete your houses to make a room for large pop/cult event buildings or replace an old event buildings with new ones.
2) Most ppl have only a few of active and helpful hoodies. Placing 2x1 unicorns is just nuts and creates a headache for your fellows when visiting. Requiring to polish unicorns is just disrespect and a waste of their time, giving you 200-700 or so more culture. Polishing large building will give you 4000-6000 culture from just one visit. And if you have many hoodies or many small culture buildings (which I wish I had), then rather make the fellows of them visit your MH (giving you up to 104,000 coins in one visit) and then use coins to buy KPs.
3) Most of the large buildings have the best density per square anyway. There are only a few small buildings which give only slightly better density and that is why I do not recommend them. "If you need to transport lots of material you will get a tractor-trailer and not 10 pick-ups, and ask your neighbors to volunteer to drive them for you"
4) I am not competing for the politically-correct award of the year, just giving blunt and rational advice. I do not cater to a snowflake, who melted in a couple of previous posts.

DeletedUser4220

That was just an example (I do not have a unicorn, so I do not know and I always find my fellows largest building to polish, so I do not check on those small ones). There is a bunch of 2x2 garbage there which are polishable.