• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

visiting etiquete

what do u do

• Total voters

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The use of a builders hut to a person is purely subjective. While generally it isn't as useful for a new player there are times that it is. If a person is logged in constantly then they can use and benefit from it. I notice on a new server that almost every person who is growing rapidly has builder hut requested as first choice. Obviously they are experienced players but even in early eras they use it to advantage.

Regardless of your game era your play time comes into account that 3 hrs or 6 mins might be the difference between when your online or offline. If you go out for 8 hours and miss resetting a builder did the boost only save you 6 mins or 8 hours?

A number of later builds are around 14-15 hrs and bringing that back to 12 hours is very helpful for many people, similar to the above point.

Something else to remember with a visitor is many people do it to gain coins (and supplies) so they will take any available option in your town. Granted a MH takes unlimited boosts and if their nice they will follow your requested option. But even if you say never builder (I have seen those) most people will rather hit that and gain coins then not provide a boost due to its effect on them.

DeletedUser4993

"Regardless of your game era your play time comes into account that 3 hrs or 6 mins might be the difference between when your online or offline. If you go out for 8 hours and miss resetting a builder did the boost only save you 6 mins or 8 hours?"
You will know how long it will save you because it works on the NEXT build. Well that is fine if you have the resources and notice someone has boosted it. Personally I have never had longer than 5 minute boosts because people believe they are helping the current build usually the MH when I am totally tapped out of resources. I do not request them because of that. If you are on all the time it may be of value but you cannot control what others will do and when. I hadn't thought about the lover level player but that seems to be a live, eat and breathe situation. Not going to sleep is not recommended LOL I said most players and should have stipulated higher level players. You reset the builder the minute you start a build so you know how much time you will save assuming you have the resources and notice it.

"Granted a MH takes unlimited boosts and if their nice they will follow your requested option. But even if you say never builder (I have seen those) most people will rather hit that and gain coins then not provide a boost due to its effect on them." If you do not say no or never they will click on it without it being useful and I need the goodies. Personally I will go back a few times to check. I definitely appreciate your advice and will probably love it when I get to those forever builds.

DeletedUser4993

"Please no. When you get higher up it becomes extremely useful. For example in chapter 6 I needed to do about 150 upgrades ranging from 3h to 14h
Builders hut buffs were the difference between 4 weeks and 5."
"I was reacting to people who thought the item to click on when there is no convention in their name should be BH. One would think by the time someone is savy enough to use the BH in the most useful manner would place it in their name. Why would you assume that people know what they are doing and click on the BH instead of something else when they have no convention in their name? It would be pretty clear that BH not in someone's name would be a pretty big indicator that that is exactly something which will not help them." That is why I put in the comment on most people. I thought I said something about higher level people but should have made that more clear. I have been looking for the maximum build and I am sure it gets high. How are you controlling when people are clicking on the BH? Or maybe you just have tons of resources. When I do a long build where it might be worthwhile, I generally have nothing left. But then I am only in chapter 2. That 150 seems excessive ah well nobody said this game will last only a day. Even then if you are live, eat and breathe 24 hrs. day you have a 53 day build and save 5 days (averaging stuff). That may seem like a lot but then everything has to get clicking with ur mates and you catch the timing. Just saying. When I get to higher builds I will probably like them but MH or C are a better value right now. I had a 3 hour loss and the best was a 5 minute save so... I guess I would get depressed knowing those higher level builds. LOL TY for your input and hope others look at this and learn as I have. Mykan gave a good explanation too.

Last edited by a moderator:

linronhan

I am fairly new & had thought I was providing boosts to my neighbors., I just recently realized you need to select a actual building with shaking hands to apply the boost. Boy do I feel dumb but there does not see to be an easy way to figure these things out.

edeba

I have culture listed in my name, but I would never imply that there is a required etiquette for the game. If someone is looking for what would help me the most, it is listed, but I really don't pay too much attention to what people do as I don't think it is good etiquette to expect people to follow what you've listed. There are huge loading issues and people do what they can. If you tie what you've listed to an expectation and create all of these rule in your head that people should be doing this, blab, blab, then you've created a frustration for yourself and it isn't something you have control over. If you want the main hall, move everything as far away as possible. If you want the builder, move it next to the main hall and move everything else as far away as possible. If you want culture, make sure your best culture are close to the main hall. The main hall is where the visit centers and the best opportunity to get what you want is to make it most likely to be hit. I've tried to do what's listed and then struggled to find what is listed and now visiting is time consuming so I just go as fast as I can.

DeletedUser3640

I've tried to do what's listed and then struggled to find what is listed and now visiting is time consuming so I just go as fast as I can.

This is the most common excuse, but to think of it - it's a really silly one. How much more time does it take for you to find a building? Not everyone is hiding their builder's huts and culture buildings, right? Plus I'm guessing not every neighbor or a FS member you have has a 200k+ high score and a huge city...

Realistically we're talking about 10-15 cities/players. Even if all of them were asking you to click on a builder's hut, it would roughly take you ~15 seconds to find it.

By using such excuse you're saying that your time is so damn precious that you can't spend 3 more minutes to help other players. Seriously?

CanDaMan

I am fairly new & had thought I was providing boosts to my neighbors., I just recently realized you need to select a actual building with shaking hands to apply the boost. Boy do I feel dumb but there does not see to be an easy way to figure these things out.
Look in the Wiki, there is a LOT of info there.

DeletedUser4359

I would have liked an answer like "Yes"... I try to click as requested, but get frustrated looking for a building hidden in a horde of buildings... and I do get into a rut now and then and just click whatever I see...

edeba

And you are? I never get it what makes people think like you do. This is a game, and you are mistaken to think it comes with obligations or that you have any right define what other people's priorities should be.

This is the most common excuse, but to think of it - it's a really silly one. How much more time does it take for you to find a building? Not everyone is hiding their builder's huts and culture buildings, right? Plus I'm guessing not every neighbor or a FS member you have has a 200k+ high score and a huge city...

Realistically we're talking about 10-15 cities/players. Even if all of them were asking you to click on a builder's hut, it would roughly take you ~15 seconds to find it.

By using such excuse you're saying that your time is so damn precious that you can't spend 3 more minutes to help other players. Seriously?

Calenmir

I agree with some of what you say here, it is called neighborly help for a reason. If you are going there to help them, while getting a reward for doing so, then the least you can do is find and polish/motivate/donate what they are asking for help on.

If it's a dead city or a neighbor who never reciprocates, then I am of the belief you can do as please, but nit for fellows or for those who give you regular NH. It really only takes a few extra seconds.

DeletedUser1053

It depends on how much my computer can handle. I have over 300 cities to visit and all that flash stuff really messes with the cache. Sometimes I can restart my computer but other times I have a lot of things going on and just can't shut it all down. So often, after a while, the graphics of the cities stop loading properly. It takes forever to get them to load and when they do I can't see much because all the buildings are missing. It is many times faster to just hit the main hall before the city even tries to load and then go back to the world map.
I am not at Bobbykitty's point yet, but I have over 200 cities. I had tried to do people I know are active first even if they don't visit me, often because they have not discovered me yet, but I trade with them. My comp does have problems after a bit and though I remember where most things are, I can't always see the city.

1 - For my fellowship-members, the requested hits of course (and yes, I may hit the wrong thing by mistake sometimes, it happens)
Yes. Sadly I do make a mistake or two sometime.

It may be silly to you, but to many people, it is not. And when it may take well over an hour to do neighbor rounds, the couple seconds to find something (especially when the city may be invisible) may morph into 30 minutes.

On another note, with the changes to the wholesaler, I may not be doing visits anymore. We will see if inno decides to fix their fix. I am not opposed to it being altered as I can see an argument for it, but I think their fix needed more testing.

DeletedUser2870

@Reiq
If you re talking about just the fellowship, yes, then the time doesnt matter and it isnt a good excuse.
If you re talking about the map it becomes different. 350+ visits where you re going to spend a few seconds would already morph in more than that. Especially now, since with the last update Im experiencing more screenfreezes.

And for what? Coins that have become a lot less valuable.
And visits to people who are either inactive or dont bother to return them, no, not worth it.

My FS members I ll give what they adk.
My regular trading partners, same thing
Those who visit me regularly, same thing.
Rest? just the hall, and that is if Im even hoing to bother now.

EarthbornIcarus

So far:
Visit fs, every day, every player follow asks
Neighbors: every day, main hall, unless return (only 1 of 31 do)

I can see that changing as things get bigger, tho.

edeba

That is actually a lie. You can go in, see the hands, click on a hand, give fellowship help and still not see or be able to see or read what the person wants because of loading issues. Loading issues vary dramatically between players. Some players do no visits at all because of loading issues.

If it's a dead city or a neighbor who never reciprocates, then I am of the belief you can do as please, but nit for fellows or for those who give you regular NH. It really only takes a few extra seconds.

DeletedUser1053

But doesn't make what I said a lie.
No. It does not make it a lie, but it does make it potentially very misleading. Possibly even 'Fake News'.

Unless you have hacked everyone's account and have done it for every player, to say it only takes a few seconds is a poor comment to make. It is possible for one to make an argument that the lifespan of 100 years is only a few seconds when compared to the life of the planet (as long as you believe it is longer than 5 thousand years).

Devman

I didn't read the entire thread, sorry :rolleyes:

But I'm going to go ahead and chime in simply because this is the very issue that lit the match that ignited the bomb that blew up half of my last fellowship . 25 member fellowship . 7 members help regularly every day like clockwork and always help in the area that is requested in the city title. They even go as far as to hit the highest level culture building . ;)

6 members that kind of 50/50 their help , maybe they give what you ask maybe they don't . :oops:

3 members that didn't help more than once a week , if that . :(

9 people hit the Main Hall ... like it was a religious act of worship . No matter how you spelled it out , you get MH , MH , no matter how many times the AM brings the issue up , didn't matter , I put the word CULTURE in title bar and still ... MH .

So I started sending private messages to these members requesting culture during their help runs . The responses varied from "be glad with what ya get" to no response at all . I once tried not collecting any of the coins donated to the MH hoping once it reached its limit they would be forced to give culture help . Seems there is no coin donation limit as the coin count went far beyond the capacity limit. :confused:

A couple months of the same stuff go by . My culture is around the 100% level with 16 big @$$ culture buildings sitting there looking stupid , but , this time .... this time I had started a MH upgrade. Not one of these 9 "fellowship" members touched a culture building , but 5 of them were able to hunt down ... and find the tiny little corner of my builders hut hiding behind a row of "Snowy Charming Trees"

:mad:

That was it for me , I called them out in local . I, being a Mage, took the initiative to address the issue head on . I asked the offenders " why do you insist on ignoring my requested help continuously" No response . The next night one of the other mages lit me up in chat for daring to expect I receive anything more than a visit. I rebutted . No answer .

The next morning I logged on an the AM had quit , leaving power to one of the elder mages. He sides with the other two mages and form a coup d'état against me and my supporters , I wasn't the only to speak out against non-helping . I'm arguing the case for reasonable help practices and the next thing I know I'm being berated by this guy who has clearly snapped, and is asking me for my address so he can come over and beat me and my family up .... lol ... I $#!T you not .. lol .

Needless to say I sent a few private messages and showed myself to the door . 3 other members jumped right into other fellowships and 4 of us stuck together . All because some players seek the path of least resistance . For some folks that mean straight to the Main Hall , for others like me , it means - stay away from stupid people . o_O

Last edited: