• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

WARNING - Inno has CHANGED the Flourishing Nut Cave

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
What I'm wondering is how were people on beta even aware that the building changed? How would anyone be able to see what a building is be before it's available?
From what I saw on the beta forums (don't play beta, just read there) the building was won on the last day and placed in the city as a culture only (no road). When they changed the features of the building, they all got the big red circle over them because now they needed a road...So that is how the folks who don't search game files found out about the changes. Also someone posted that Inno's reply to the situation was the building was always intended to be a hybrid and as soon as they saw it wasn't, they fixed it.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Hopefully they also deployed a fix on the live servers so it will be what they intended before people go winning it. If they didn't then they F!ing idiots.
Well guess what?
We understand that and we have also learned from this that next time as soon as we find out a building isn't doing what it's supposed to do, we will inform our players through an ingame news message right away. We will also do this on our Live servers, where this is tomorrows daily reward because unfortunately we weren't able to implement the fix in time on Live.

Risen Malchiah

Woah, so you're saying the building may present itself incorrectly on the live servers before we win them? I'll be sure to msg my fellowship about this if it shows up incorrectly.

DeletedUser2870

My main problem with this is that it is/was misrepresented when people tried for it.
A mistake on the companies side, which can happen, but its extremely bad policy to make the players pay for that.

On beta I now am stuck with 2 of these, which I liked because of the culture, and now (because I don't have the space) cannot connect them to a road, so I don't even get the supplies (which I didn't want anyway), have no way of getting them and I get to see that 'disconnected' symbol all the time.
And I deleted another event building for it to place these, because the 2 of them gave more culture than the old one....except that now, the 2 of them give less. So I'm really screwed

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
And, it appears the announcement won't come until they are actually available, or later, leaving people who did plan for the last day to be disappointed. I understand that, in theory, players shouldn't know what's coming, so shouldn't feel like they can count on items like this, but it still seems likely to engender ill will with some proportion of the player-base. It's probably too much to ask, but I hope they're considering the possibility of inserting double sprouts for the day to make up for it. (Which woun't matter to me either way, as I already have all three grand prizes, but might take some of the sting out for those who saved.)

DeletedUser7370

It's probably too much to ask, but I hope they're considering the possibility of inserting double sprouts for the day to make up for it.
I think they can't do that either. It really sounds like the entire structure of the game programming was designed wrong. The buildings, spells, combat units, and most every descriptive thing should all be in a single database. Realistically it would be 1 for all live servers, 1 for beta, and 1 for in house development. Fixing the building after it was realized it was wrong on beta should have been as simple as 1 SQL statement sent to the live database. However it seems they did not build the software of the game intelligently and so can't fix simple things like this easily.

DeletedUser7421

Im utterly disgusted with inno yet again - they absolutely lack even the smallest amount of professionalism.

Risen Malchiah

I simply advised my fellowship there is a possibility that it will change after they win it. But being it's the last day of the event, we're not going to hold onto our nuts anyway. ;)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
EDIT 2: But now one of my fellows in Winyandor says his Nut Cave just gives culture and doesn't require a street connection...?!
And it won't change for a few days.
delete3.jpg

DeletedUser7370

I still have not had a news item appear. They were aware of it for days before the problem building was due to appear on the live servers. They should have posted the news item before the building appears, and should detail the actual stats in the news item.

Incompetence compounded by ineptitude.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jules 2

Such a disappointment, Didn't get it anyway, ploughed over 700 nuts into the lst building and against the odds missed acquiring it. One more shot at it though, if I can find another 30 nuts in the undergrowth