• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Warning regarding new battle system

DeletedUser3312

Shrug, the semantics of "free to play" is fairly subjective. I'm not sure how it isn't free to play. Even if their was an argument surrounding the semantics... My point above stands... it's not a constructive argument and doesn't get us closer to an end goal we're all interested in.

Actually most things are subjective. your point is your opinion smiles. We each have one and we don't all agree on them. At this point I do not even know what the end goal should be.

DeletedUser594

It is definitely free to play. Free to compete for a top 100 spot??? Questionable.
It's like flying. I can get where I want to go on the cheap. I will arrive at my destination with perhaps 2 or 3 stops added, long layovers and no legroom or extras.
Or I can pay to fly first class.
Diamond players get shorter waits and premium goods. Coach flyers can meet them at the same destination disheveled, unrested and hungry a few days later.

DeletedUser2191

Respectfully, If you have never spent any money on a game that you've been playing for over a year, inno should not want you as a customer. I certainly wouldn't.

Any customer is a customer worth having. In the genre of video game whether it be console or internet/ browser based, free to play players can be the provision of good fortune for companies that provide us the games to play.

There's a little something called word of mouth. If a free to play player is impressed enough with a game, they are more likely to recommend the game to family, friends, acquaintances. Among those, there may be someone that is willing or able to spend money on the game, as a result, more money for the game provider.

In many cases where games are hosted by a distributor on behalf of a developer, the total number of players has a part in a games life expectancy. Higher numbers leads to a longer life, smaller numbers leads to a shorter life. If the free to play players are not wanted as you say, then that reduces there numbers and then some because possible recommendations are also lost.

DeletedUser3696

Any customer is a customer worth having. In the genre of video game whether it be console or internet/ browser based, free to play players can be the provision of good fortune for companies that provide us the games to play.

There's a little something called word of mouth. If a free to play player is impressed enough with a game, they are more likely to recommend the game to family, friends, acquaintances. Among those, there may be someone that is willing or able to spend money on the game, as a result, more money for the game provider.

In many cases where games are hosted by a distributor on behalf of a developer, the total number of players has a part in a games life expectancy. Higher numbers leads to a longer life, smaller numbers leads to a shorter life. If the free to play players are not wanted as you say, then that reduces there numbers and then some because possible recommendations are also lost.
Besides without free players the paying player wouldn't be able to dominate 90% of the game. When paying players don't feel like the $ invested gains them anything they stop spending. When they stop spending the game dies.
All games like society need a lower, middle and upper class.

DeletedUser2424

In rereading my my post. The first sentence a bit combative. Didn't intend for that. For that, I'm sorry. You all make some good points.

We're on the same side... just when i read many of the posts from Inno's perspective I don't think they're good arguments. I suppose I can't speak from experience in the video game industry... but good businesses fire their worst customers routinely. They're generally the most difficult to deal with (cost of support) and are generally smaller contract value... It's essentially the basis for why it's so difficult to sell to small businesses... I see the same parallel's here.

You're making it too easy for Inno to "fire you" and I care because that affects me for the reasons you all pointed out. I'm suggesting that you approach things with a little more logic and less hyperbole... and a bit more rationality... You gotta give up ground on letting them charge for something. Province Expansions are a logical choice IMHO. They aren't necessary to play the game.

DeletedUser828

You don't actually fight at 6 stars. You want to call out that they 'forgot' 6 stars, when you failed to count that they actually provided 6 numbers for the tournament squad sizes (it starts at 0, with the last battle at 5 stars).

If the devs say we've been going too far out with scouts (this much should have been made obvious as soon as they added the Orc requirements to negotiations), then we've been going too far out. It sucks for players who've been pushing the envelope for months to have changes implemented in the game that effectively roadblock them, but in those cases just consider that you now have an advantage over someone who didn't because you got 'further than intended'.

We were encouraged to Scout out rmao!! In order to get runes for the Wonders we told to get out and scout those provinces :) Now we have scouted too far out this is too funny now. I have went to highly frustrated to highly amused. When you really look at it the 10th ring isn't all that far out, what do they want us to do. I wanted to play a game , but they keep making that harder to do with each upgrade.
One would really think that they would want to keep their players instead of frustrating them right out of the game. By no means do I want it handed to me on a silver platter, but hell it's nothing but a struggle now and I'm enjoying it less and less.

DeletedUser1317

Respectfully, If you have never spent any money on a game that you've been playing for over a year, inno should not want you as a customer. I certainly wouldn't.

I think there are a lot of strong arguments against the direction the game is heading... I am pretty displeased...
- They have terrible communication.
- They shouldn't be removing choices.
- They should be making battles more fun and engaging... not "dumbing" them down.
- They need to offer us something else to occupy our time if they're removing something...
- Their is no skill involved... If you want to be in the top 10, all it takes is a larger wallet and more snails... Find a way to reward players who have brains and have mastered the game.
- (plenty others)

It's disgusting that they would turn their backs on the most loyal customers (ie the ones that have been playing for over a year)... My point is simply... I think when the argument stating that it should be free to get province expansions is going to be immediately dismissed by Inno and valid concerns are getting muddied by it.
Yet being a member and playing their game they have had revenue on each page that have been open.. each time, everyday, all year through.. That is an income for INNO.. so cutting out this income is for them to decide.. Half the players or more could leave and what will they have left.. those that have spent and decide not to anymore so they are no longer an asset to the business..

Whatever... It is what it is.. a Game..

DeletedUser1349

I almost joined Beta the other day for two reasons. First to bring another perspective to all the whining on Beta forum that has unfortunately oozed out of the slime and attacked this forum like a virus. Second to see what all the bruhaha was all about with the new battle redesign. However, it would probably take too long to ramp up there. Besides, I like surprizes.

The sky is not falling folks. Don't worry, be happy!

This too will pass. If necessary, Inno will fix any problems.

DeletedUser43

I almost joined Beta the other day for two reasons. First to bring another perspective to all the whining on Beta forum that has unfortunately oozed out of the slime and attacked this forum like a virus. Second to see what all the bruhaha was all about with the new battle redesign. However, it would probably take too long to ramp up there. Besides, I like surprizes.

With all due respect, if you don't have any experience with the new fighting system on beta, then maybe it is best not to attack all the comments about that system? With any luck, all that "whining" will save you from ever having to experience it here and you will never know! So far, it is already late to be implemented here. Maybe they are listening.

DeletedUser1349

With all due respect, if you don't have any experience with the new fighting system on beta, then maybe it is best not to attack all the comments about that system? With any luck, all that "whining" will save you from ever having to experience it here and you will never know! So far, it is already late to be implemented here. Maybe they are listening.
So you are already admitting that your cross-forum nonsense was just that?

DeletedUser3312

Bobbie, do not feed wild animals. Just ignore, don't read what they write, don't respond. It has helped me a great deal to simply not see posts from known cretins. Trust me... simply scroll past and carry on... even if they quote you. They like to push buttons to make them feel intelligent and capable. Kind of like having a monster truck makes up for smaller inept items......

DeletedUser3116

Do y'all know about when they will begin the new battle options in the main game (not Beta)?

dikke ikke

I read on beta I will be postponed, but that is al info I have. It is a pity, I would have liked to see all these high leveled players fail miserably when they can no longer fight tournaments on automatic. In ideal conditions, I can do 5 provinces completely, it takes me between 2 and 3 hours to fight manually 5 provinces, so that are many hours I need to spend. If I have 5 provinces done in level 1, I have 180 points, 5 x 36. The top players have by then 1080 points or more, that is 30 provinces. Inno must love them coz they must spend diamonds like crazy. By the end of the tournament I have between 12000 and 14000 points, they have more as 40000

DeletedUser4262

So with the complaints of the new battle system, is it worth playing this game? I am relatively new, still in level 4 of the research area so I am relatively new. The battle system is already difficult as I am hitting provinces with units I can not counter yet so it looks like this is another game to archive and forget. Comments?

DeletedUser3312

I read on beta I will be postponed, but that is al info I have. It is a pity, I would have liked to see all these high leveled players fail miserably when they can no longer fight tournaments on automatic. In ideal conditions, I can do 5 provinces completely, it takes me between 2 and 3 hours to fight manually 5 provinces, so that are many hours I need to spend. If I have 5 provinces done in level 1, I have 180 points, 5 x 36. The top players have by then 1080 points or more, that is 30 provinces. Inno must love them coz they must spend diamonds like crazy. By the end of the tournament I have between 12000 and 14000 points, they have more as 40000

Actually, some people love the battles andfight. Most of us cater however. That won't change. Especially since our military is going g to be weaker and our opponents are even stronger. In beta, I am now getting my honey kicked and it used to be easy winning battles on beta. When it roles over here, it will be impossible to fight. Auto fighting has never been a good idea. The AI is not developed enough to be any real good.

Also, not all high level players spend diamonds. Smile... a lot have been playing since the game rolled out. As to the top 10-15 players, yes they spend thousands on diamonds and that won't change. You will not catch up to them smiles. Unless they quit playing those positions are locked lol. So ..... wishing players some type of harm or difficulty because theyes have been playing a year longer than you have is a bit mean.

DeletedUser43

So with the complaints of the new battle system, is it worth playing this game? I am relatively new, still in level 4 of the research area so I am relatively new. The battle system is already difficult as I am hitting provinces with units I can not counter yet so it looks like this is another game to archive and forget. Comments?

I don't think any of us know what is coming. All we know is what it was like on beta. They don't always roll out the same thing here they tested there. It is great news that they haven't just shoved it on us here. That means they are paying attention to feedback and more likely they are watching how people play the game. They say it is because the new system has a lot of bugs, but they have always brought over things that had tons of bugs in them, so I don't necessarily believe that. Maybe I am too optimistic? idk. Give it a week or so and see what happens.

dikke....what makes you think those high level players still can't kick your tail in tournaments? Just because someone chooses to play on auto doesn't mean they can't fight manually. I do believe your game comes with an "auto" button too. If you wanted to work as hard as they do to be the tops in the tournament, you could.

dikke ikke

bobby kitty, I am sure they can still kick my tail in the new system, but the difference would be smaller, last tournament number 1 has more as 40000, number 2 has more as 20000, number 3 has 15000 and then it slowly goes down. If you can not win with auto fight anymore, you can only choose to fight or to cater, catering costs you load of supplies, fighting costs time. When I started playing 8 months ago, almost the whole top 10 was filled by members of the same fellowship. The number 1 player was the only one with more as 100.000 points, now he is out of the top 10 and only gained 50.000 points since then, the top players now have more as 200.000 points. Never mind they are all diamond players, but sometimes it is nice to know/see that diamonds can't buy everything.