• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What's For Dinner?

DeletedUser20747

@Loachra, that looks great!

Ok, so my soup didn't get made last night. After I made my post, but before I got the soup started, my day got super busy, and by the time I thought about it again, I didn't have time. So, we ordered Chinese food. Fried rice to the rescue!

I have a pretty busy day lined up today, too, so I don't know if the soup will get made today. I did cook the chicken, so it can last a couple of days until I can get more stuff added to it to make soup. As for dinner tonight, if I don't make the soup, we have leftover Chinese, leftover beef burgundy, or microwavable pizzas. Lol.

DeletedUser20396

that sounds good to me. We'll probably have cheese toast for supper tonight. :)

DeletedUser20396

Tonight's special is Spaghetti.
Here's the recipe.
1lb. hamburger meat
1 large onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 Tbsp. parsley flakes
1 Tbsp. sweet basil flakes
3 cans tom. sauce
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 bell pepper
1 can of mushrooms (Opt.)
We usually don't put the mushrooms. :)

DeletedUser20396

I am making Fiery Pot Texas Chili. The ingredients are as follows: 2lb. of hamburger meat, 2 onions chopped, 1green pepper, 5-6 Garlic Cloves pressed, 1 t. of Oregano, 1t. of cumin, 1/4 cup of Chili pdr, 1t salt, 1 can of Tom sauce, opt. 1/2t. sugar, cayenne pepper, jalapeno peppers.
I am having this again for supper tonight. :)

DeletedUser19914

I tend to make a red sauce with ground beef, onions (sometimes celery), *good* commercial spaghetti sauce, lots of extra spices (esp. oregano and basil), then tomato paste if needed to thicken it up. I put it on top of pasta (random) and top it with grated parmesan. When I have salad greens in the house, I make salad. I have the second half of that sauce and some cheese tortelloni ready to heat for tonight.

DeletedUser20396

That sounds good. By random pasta you mean whatever's handy?

DeletedUser20396

I've got tuna salad.
Ingredients:
Half a dozen or more boiled eggs
1 can of tuna
1 tsp. of celery seed
about three big spoons of mayo
diced sweet pickles
a dash of garlic powder
and a loaf of toasted bread

Laochra

51440149_1126514037531642_1650980807197589504_n.jpg
White Chicken Enchiladas

DeletedUser20396

Yum! What other chicken is there than white? By white do you mean not Dark Meat?

DeletedUser20747

I have not even a clue what's for dinner tonight. This is what happens when the family planner gets busy and doesn't have time for meal planning. Lol. Maybe hot dogs?

DeletedUser20396

I'm thinking Texas Hatch. I'll have to find the recipe. :)

DeletedUser20396

Here's the recipe.

1lb. of hamburger
1 onion
1 pepper
1 can of tom. sauce
1 cup of cooked rice
2tsp. salt
2tsp. chili pwd
and a dash of black pepper.