• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What's On Your Playlist?

DeletedUser

:( Sorry mate. I don't know what your IRL is like. I suppose I am among the very fortunate, to have found my true Soulmate long ago and kept her with me, loving her and her loving me in return. My apologies to any and all who feel sadness at this holiday time...

DeletedUser

Ooo I love this... and I find it to be an awesome alternative to the soundtrack for the Elvenar game... especially the Elven city!

DeletedUser

Lol! I play with the music turned off in game, have since day 1 of each city. Both beautiful soundtracks, but the Elven city is too dark and foreboding for such a magical place, and the human music just says "Hi! Not bored enough yet? Here's some music to put you to sleep!" Your music for the Elven city fits the theme better for the city.

Of course, both clash terribly with my playlist, especially my Anthrax/Metallica/Pantera/Megadeath playlist. Not so much clash if I am in the mood for Classical music, particularly Itzhak Perlman solos. I have very eclectic tastes when it comes to music... :D

DeletedUser

A classical day...
First because it is warming outside and the heavy snow is melting off, leaving me to look through my seed packets to early season flowers and greens to plant soon.

And then because I just love The Firebird...

DeletedUser

Dedicated to my wife and daughter... because they are both as sweet as...

DeletedUser

Very much the moods I am in now... between this game and IRL events in the last 24 hours, this song speaks to me....

DeletedUser

Seems appropriate for today... the Golden Olden days of non-computer generated or aided animation and audio. And when people left their homes to go see these bits in a theater, and made a day out of it. Not old enough to remember them myself, but... I long for those kinds of simple times some days. Enjoy... a trip back in time to when most here were not even a twinkling of a twinkling of a twinkling in their grandparents' or great-grandparents' eyes. :)

DeletedUser

Well, today it was this, but don't worry, it's just an instrumental, so everybody can understand. :) The songs title is "Quest", when translated.

DeletedUser

Well, today it was this, but don't worry, it's just an instrumental, so everybody can understand. :) The songs title is "Quest", when translated.

Love it! Music with titles or shown lyrics in a language other than English are fine in the forums, I believe. As long as your typed text is in English. This very much reminds me of music I hear playing often during a visit to Athens many years ago. :)

DeletedUser

Love it! Music with titles or shown lyrics in a language other than English are fine in the forums, I believe. As long as your typed text is in English. This very much reminds me of music I hear playing often during a visit to Athens many years ago. :)
Thank you. :) The guy who composed this song is an outstanding man: he plays several instruments, including bagpipes, flute, some of his country's national instruments, he is a composer, sometimes he even writes lyrics, but most of the time his songs are altered versions of some very old ethno songs. Yesterday one of my Elvenar quests reminded me of this song, so I thought it'd be nice to share it.

DeletedUser

Just watched the episode of Big Bang Theory where Shelden practices his tuvan throat singing... and I just had to pull some of my favorites up on youtube.. I'm curious to see if you guys hear the pretty overtone melody or not. It took me a while before I could when I first started listening to this stuff, but now I absolutely adore it.

DeletedUser

Wow! I never really looked into the traditional Mongolian Tuvan Throat Singing until you posted these. I spnet about an housr after I searched and found one that was so haunting... it told a story in pictures with "subtitles" to the song. Male lead with female backup singers, a more "modern" version of this I assume, No instrumentals, just singing. And it was amzing. But an hour long, so...lol! Not posting it here. Thank you for sharing those @TheLovelyMissJ ! Amazing new music to listen to. I wonder how it would sound dubbed to Tibetan bowl and drum? I'll have to ask the guy who does the video work for my YouTube channel to see what he can come up with. I wonder if he can sync it to FPS gameplay? ;)

Okay, and a ton going on IRL that I am not willing to share here, yet. But after a few things here and in game, I pulled this out of my playlist, mainly because the Title "No Way NO" fits how I feeling about this game right now. And this Forum... o_O

DeletedUser

Can you edit and repost that Vid M'lady? I am getting the dreaded YouTube video playback error on it, And lol, I already updated Chrome, Flash, cleared c c & h a few dozen times, rebooted my computer not long ago, relaunched Chrome not long ago, in Incognito mode, no extensions active, and YouTube itself is working fine.... and all of the other videos are playing fine. Just yours is erroring.

Sometimes I love technology. Sometimes I want to back to the days of analog TV with rabbit ear antennae and rotary dial phones. :(
And as far as what is going on... just getting ready for funeral for my best buddy from High School, just lost him a few days ago. And how he went is not suitable for the forums. So, I am a bit somber and need happy music right now... :(

Valtitude

Can you edit and repost that Vid M'lady? I am getting the dreaded YouTube video playback error on it, And lol, I already updated Chrome, Flash, cleared c c & h a few dozen times, rebooted my computer not long ago, relaunched Chrome not long ago, in Incognito mode, no extensions active, and YouTube itself is working fine.... and all of the other videos are playing fine. Just yours is erroring.

Sometimes I love technology. Sometimes I want to back to the days of analog TV with rabbit ear antennae and rotary dial phones. :(
And as far as what is going on... just getting ready for funeral for my best buddy from High School, just lost him a few days ago. And how he went is not suitable for the forums. So, I am a bit somber and need happy music right now... :(
You've had quite the evening, Reza. Just so you know, I can't play LovelyMissJ's last post video, either, but everything else is playing as you said.
I like Tuvan throat singing - I hear Om-m-m-m, but that's just me.
Iono - Quest is beautiful. It's exotic, yet familiar.

Really sorry to read about your friend, Reza, especially after your House of the Rising Sun post.
I mean the following in a supportive way ... if Soul/ Spirit is electrical energy (who knows?), maybe your friend is reaching out to you through your computer problems this evening. I've known computer systems that seemed to have their own 'spirit'. I always liked the title of an 80s album by The Police, Ghost in the Machine. I've had very vivid dreams of friends, relatives and even pets after they passed away.

DeletedUser1970

TV, PBS in the background, was watching a program about B. B. King, I watch PBS more than anything, and then between trying to catch the upgrades here, there are Facebook political groups, or there is on-line scrabble against robots. (They never cuss at you when you kick their butts!)

DeletedUser

RezaGard, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. May he rest in peace. Somebody once said we that we should never allow death to cast a shadow over our lives, that we should fight it any way we can, because death is opposite from everything we are. I believe that person was right, which is the reason why I'm posting that video below: may it remind you of how wonderful joy of life is.
LovelyMissJ, I also wish to thank you. Just like RezaGard, I've never heard Tuvan throat singing before. It is beautiful, especially the contrast between the playful, colorful overtone and the constant, low, basic buzz. It sounds like a deep and ancient magic - enchanting.
Valtitude, thank you. I am happy you liked it.
Now, RezaGard, for you, as promised, I post this video. It is not exactly my kind of song, but it does, in a way, sometimes make my day and reminds me that I should really live my life. :)

DeletedUser

Here, try this one... Repost of my apparently broken link >.<