• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winning! (or not) Battle Insights and Observations share yours

DeletedUser594

New guys on the battlefield. Spoiler: new troops abilities and weaknesses.
If you play with the sound off be sure and turn it on to hear the orc warrior sound effect.
Tournaments have fairy mages and orc warriors.
abb0a68804381c6d277091ff88a747b0.png
b35e1c90daf702bb3261eedfd418a976.png
c15640ea887092ddc96bad1fac1c1e23.png

DeletedUser4778

Great job! I will add these to my Battle Sheet. Btw, I heard that the archer's and sorceress's stats will change with the new update. Is it true? Also, what does the the special ability of the Thornrose Mage do?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3297

Archers do a great job On the Orc warriors too. Kinda takes out some confusion when you can send one troop type to take them all down. Worked really well in the tournament, however I will not be testing this in any provinces for a few more days. It was surprising to see the Thornrose mage go down so quickly using archers, they never got a chance to hit me, so I don't know what they do yet. :)

DeletedUser

As one who has "scouted too far", I'm currently in Fairies & have unlocked (but not built) the Merc Camp, and am in the process of unlocking Drone Riders. I have not won a single fight since the battle changes (I used to be a good fighter), and I have completed all but one Squad Size Upgrade that is still left to do in Fairies. I have tried every single province I currently have open for fighting/negotiating (24 of them), and I have fought every battle with the least number of enemy. I've lost every single one. Can't negotiate any of them due to Orc costs, which I cannot pay as I am in Fairies (I ran into Orc costs while still in the Dwarves chapter).

I have read that basically, I will be unable to succeed in battle until the Tech catches up to where I have explored to.
I've scouted 225/160 provinces required for Orcs. Are the Blossom Mage & Drone Rider going to do enough of anything to help me win any province battles, or are they basically another non-issue for me since the battles are designed to be unwinnable if your troops are outnumbered? I'd rather not waste the space on buildings that don't help me right now if I'm not going to get anything out of it.

I'd love to hear opinions even if they are not certain or haven't completely played out yet. Thanks!

ETA - I'm also not planning on building the Training Ground for Cerberus back in Chap II unless I'm getting something out of it (I know it's voluntary for now but will be mandatory later). I will go back & fill in the Elite Archer though.

DeletedUser3297

190 provinces for Wood Elves, so I would wait on military buildings for now. But I also wouldn't scout anymore either. No advance scouting tech is going to help you win the battles you are currently facing, but those would have been winnable if scouted after unlocking the advance scout tech from Wood Elves.

DeletedUser2963

I've scouted 225/160 provinces required for Orcs. Are the Blossom Mage & Drone Rider going to do enough of anything to help me win any province battles, or are they basically another non-issue for me since the battles are designed to be unwinnable if your troops are outnumbered? I'd rather not waste the space on buildings that don't help me right now if I'm not going to get anything out of it.
Unless inno changes the update, I would say that these will be all but useless to you. Anything over 2:1 seems unwinnable without perfect luck.

DeletedUser

.....but those would have been winnable if scouted after unlocking the advance scout tech from Wood Elves.

Yeah, well - just throwing out there that I was playing this game BEFORE there were any "suggested" amounts of provinces to scout ANYWHERE. There were no tournaments, I had no neighbors who visited me & needed to scout to find active players. There were no events, there were hardly any AWs, blah blah blah.

I know I sound like a broken record for anyone who has read previous posts from me, but I'm gonna keep pointing it out that the devs *encouraged* scouting in earlier versions of this game, but now they are punishing & limiting the game for those players who were here & did so.

DeletedUser61

but now they are punishing & limiting the game for those players who were here & did so
Did they take away any of the provinces that you acquired?'
-OR-
Do you already have a bunch of provinces that are going to cost a LOT MORE in the future?

So the rest of your game now has to catch up with your provinces? Is THAT what you're complaining about??

DeletedUser43

Travels,
With the update following this that chapter II tech becomes mandatory, so you have a couple of weeks to get it done.

Yup. You can't win. Not through the whole woodelves chapter either. That only has 190 to unlock. Maybe sometime in 2017 or early 2018 you can win a battle again. I can't imagine why you would complain about that! You idiot. ;) Wanting to actually play a video game? What kind of fool wants that? Most of us just like staring at the screen.

DeletedUser3696

Did they take away any of the provinces that you acquired?'
-OR-
Do you already have a bunch of provinces that are going to cost a LOT MORE in the future?

So the rest of your game now has to catch up with your provinces? Is THAT what you're complaining about??
Maybe he is complaining about a drastic change in game progression, which now makes the game less fun by eliminating a large part of the game from him/her. Many are simply at a stand still for a large aspect of the game thru no fault of their own and are well within their rights to complain.

Imagine a road trip across the US and you are given a car/van. There are no speed limits and there has been promotion for great things on the other coast. So you zip along taking in some sights here and there only to find out that stuck on a highway in the middle corn fields they tell you that you were driving to fast and you can no longer use the car/van. Instead they tell you how great these corn fields are and that it will only be about 2 more weeks til you get your vehicle back, but after that you can only drive at 30 mph the rest of the way.

Are we going to disagree that this is a bad analogy?

DeletedUser3312

I love when the forum is helpful! smiles. wow just wow. I am going to go do some fighting. If I win... I will post here. if not.. I will be paying for mani's and pedis for my troops again. lol

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Anyone else finding 5 archers and auto-fight pretty good for the tournament? Well fights with only 1 light melee, for 2 light melee I normally need to drop 1 archer. Anyway for the most part 5 of the key unit seems to work well, so far.

Thistleknot

I've been using 3 Elite Archers and 2 Bud Sorceresses. I occasionally use the blossom mage just because it's new, but it's not as good as my Bud Sorceress even with the extra range. If there are too many light melee troops, I will remove an archer and a sorceress and add 2 granite golems.

DeletedUser3696

Is what I'm hearing that Elves are still better in fights than humans??

From a human perspective, the Blossom Mage isn't as good as a Sacred Priest.
Also, Drone Rider isn't as good as a Strom Barbarian.
At least that is what the stats look like.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Is what I'm hearing that Elves are still better in fights than humans??

From a human perspective, the Blossom Mage isn't as good as a Sacred Priest.
Also, Drone Rider isn't as good as a Strom Barbarian.
At least that is what the stats look like.

Fairly even for me so far, different styles particularly between sorcs/priests. My human town has been throwing crossbows at the tourny, think I had to had in some priests for certain fights. I will try and pay more attention later today when I do the next round of the current tournament.

christyb399

I am one who "scouted too far" and am being "punished" for it. I finished Orc section some weeks ago, am 300+ out in scouted provinces, and already started on wood elves section. Everything I've read tells me I'm out of luck to even try auto fighting. Now I hear they are changing the Trader, which I use heavily, and I won't be able to count on boosted goods for trades. What is the point of boosts then? They making things more useless than useful.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Sadly for someone in your situation tournaments are the only option for now until they release enough techs for the mechanics to align, or come up with some form of relieve.

In your situation auto-fighting is still a valid option (or should be) within tournaments. I have done auto-fight up to the 4th round of the current tournament. I did do the odd cater when my entire squad was eliminated which was not often (3 or 4 times in 5 provinces). Generally it was either a map or troop mix issue that I couldn't be bothered spending time to figure out.