• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winning! (or not) Battle Insights and Observations share yours

DeletedUser594

Ring 15:
View attachment 1263

I assume that where it says enemy squadsize, that is squadsize. Or am I supposed to look at something else?

I don't have enough other sectors to look at in ring 15 since I negotiated the rest of them already.
ac23fa778e5197b7345f5ee13d71db16.png

@BK I love this pic of your SS differential so much. It just tickles me seeeing the 7k+ squads with a 6.9 differential.
I've updated the chart for you and others in a similar situatuion.
Old-New Chart:
2mez81v.jpg
Here's a Updated chart adjusted for higher differentials :
e02711.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

rofl!!! I love that!!! And purple is my favorite color!! I am purple!!

Inconceivable!! My favorite movie!

and yes.....

RUNNNNN!!!!

DeletedUser

"Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line!"

And, very valid to your burning graphic -

"...flames...flames, on the sides of my face, breathing...breathless...heaping breaths... heaping..."

Thanks for the laugh, Varron - I need something to lighten this game lately!

christyb399

ac23fa778e5197b7345f5ee13d71db16.png

@BK I love this pic of your SS differential so much. It just tickles me seeeing the 7k+ squads with a 6.9 differential.
I've updated the chart for you and others in a similar situatuion.
Old-New Chart:
2mez81v.jpg
Here's a Updated chart adjusted for higher differentials :
e02711.jpg
Finally! Someone not afraid to post the Truth! :eek:

DeletedUser3297

Planks province ring 7. I am 111/100 provinces right now. The enemy squads were 427, my squadsize is 321. I just opened this province to do the 11 relics quest as well. Had I waited to complete the tech I am working on now which is advance scouts, this would have been even easier! I am finding my sorceress to be my go-to, either her or my archers :)

j4wAZB9.png

I even skipped getting squadsize 15 for now so I can rush and unlock Dwarves so my Halloween buildings will be worth more :)

Edit: Those new Orc generals do little damage to the sorceress, but the sorceress kept cutting him in half. The only enemy that I had trouble with was the ancient orc which took over 10 hit to take down (don't know the exact number, but it took more than 2 rounds of hitting him with every one of mine).

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
In this weeks tournament (planks) I found for humans that the KEY unit mortars with out his upgrades, his nerf gun just doesn't cut it. Using cerberus or barbarians against archers and Ancient Orc's, and throwing in a paladin or two if there was Orc Warriors worked good even with auto fight for most battles!!( At least for level 1)

Mykan

Oh Wise One
In this weeks tournament (planks) I found for humans that the KEY unit mortars with out his upgrades, his nerf gun just doesn't cut it. Using cerberus or barbarians against archers and Ancient Orc's, and throwing in a paladin or two if there was Orc Warriors worked good even with auto fight for most battles!!( At least for level 1)
Yes the promotions for this unit are badly needed, I did try some auto fighting for a town around fairy era and it was ok, but losses were decent and I want to keep that up for long. So those in early eras may find the mortar unit is ok as it should be facing more equal opponents. Definitely not good in later eras, yet...

DeletedUser594

Cerbs with Priests has been a good combo for my human city and 5 Golem are still tearing some armies up. 3 golum 2 sorcerress has been useful

May I ask please are you all saying it is a good idea to build the training ground I just opened? I'm not winning fights and so have stopped that activity (except in a recent tournament) but if I'm going to mostly opt to negotiate is it a good idea for me?

If you're playing with Elven cities you would find them useful but not necessary. There will be other units introduced ([perhaps with the next upgrade) that will need the training grounds to produce them. Cerberus would be useful in the tourny but they are not great in auto fight.
As you know, the recent changes mean that you can win battles if the enemy has a squad size less than 2x your own in provinces. Having the cerbs won't help with that.
They can be helpful in tournaments but usually require manual fighting as the AI is both dopey and outdated.
If you want to develop your fighting skills there is a lot of info here in forums and a thread dedicated entirely to offering help as well.

Calenmir

May I ask please are you all saying it is a good idea to build the training ground I just opened? I'm not winning fights and so have stopped that activity (except in a recent tournament) but if I'm going to mostly opt to negotiate is it a good idea for me?

Mykan

Oh Wise One

The training ground is still very new and hard to say. World map ability to win depends heavily on where you are in relation to where the line has been drawn. In tournaments you should be able to win in combat regardless of scouting issue.

The current conversation is in relation to the key unit for this tournament is heavy range. For humans they only just received that unit and for more advanced towns a level 1 unit is struggling against level II and III enemies so the mortar is nor as viable yet. The Cerberus for humans (which they have and upgraded versions of) is looking like a viable alternative with other combos for this tournament. Once the upgraded mortar becomes available how useful will Cerberus be is a question we can only guess at.

For elves they have the faithful golem unit so Cerberus are not really needed for this tournament, you may choose to use them as support but golems are definitely a viable for elves unlike mortar for late era humans.

If you are going to be negotiating then avoiding extra military buildings would be the plan so you have the space for the extra factories and supporting infrastructure. It is quite possible to have enough factories and some military to do both as free-to-play if desired.

That is a long winded way of saying unsure on the training ground for now, I hope the above helps explain the current conversation and answer your questions.

DeletedUser2753

Has anyone noticed even when you win your losses calced in diamonds is much higher then the previous/Pre-new balance system.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
LMAO, Wow that's expensive!! How come there are 37 units in that squad, when the max is 36??? Still some glitches or a good photo shop?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
LMAO, Wow that's expensive!! How come there are 37 units in that squad, when the max is 36??? Still some glitches or a good photo shop?
More then one glitch, max squad size is 36. Several things to make one smile :D. Better yet is pretty sure this is the fight the AI got all my troops killed so I thought I better give manual a go.

DeletedUser706

OK let the enemy have that one extra unit, can I have those diamonds then please? That value looks like a numeric overflow/underflow, 2^31 = 2147483648 ...

DeletedUser2963

Just update on my small city progress.

I am in chapter 2 and have scouted a bit overr half of ring 3. I only have researched one squad size upgrade. As of right now I out number the squads in ring three on average by 1.2:1. I do not yet have HM or dogs of my own, so still fighting with lm and lr. I am able to win these fights. Losses depend on province type and enemy troop mix. Can't really use the guide as I don't have a good troop selection yet. If I stop fighting now and wait until I get the other two squadsize upgrades I will severely outnumber the enemy in this ring. Can anyone post ring 4 numbers?

Allot of new players are having issues and I think it would be good if we can pin down where and why. So far, for chapter 2 ring 3, it looks like the problem is scouting before unlocking the scout tech, and fighting before researching the squad size upgrades. I will have to win some provinces in ring 4 to get out of this chapter, so problem may hit there. Anyone have that info?

DeletedUser4778

I think it's definitely a problem of scouting before unlocking Advanced Scouts. I made a comparison between two steel provinces in the same ring, one scouted before and the other after unlocking said tech. The numbers were much smaller indeed after Advanced Scouts. I'm currently slowly negotiating the Ring 8 provinces I "overscouted" in Chapter IV and will fight the rest (I'm currently in Chapter V). Which reminds me, I'd better use up my sorceresses before they nerf her again.

I made a request for the Advanced Scouts tech to include in the description that it also reduces encounter difficulty and that unlocking it applies to open unconquered encounters (I don't mind if it doesn't give me back the additional coins I spent, I just want lower combat difficulty) but sadly no moderator seems to have noticed it.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Can't really use the guide as I don't have a good troop selection yet.

Allot of new players are having issues and I think it would be good if we can pin down where and why. So far, for chapter 2 ring 3, it looks like the problem is scouting before unlocking the scout tech, and fighting before researching the squad size upgrades.

I have an early era section in the combat guide, I am trying to test this in my new town would be interesting to see how your experience compares so it can be refined. Sorry all tips are in paragraphs, no nice graphics for early towns.

Scouting ahead and not researching are a big issue from what I am seeing and hearing. There needs to be in-game education on this.