• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Harvest Festival Feedback!

Nyrva

Now that you said that I am sure they won't be...:confused:

I was lucky to win 2 out of 4 tries. but did it with the 90 boxes it will help me loads on the last 2 techs I have to do.

And I won 1 more about 5 minutes ago again on the 90 box. Saving it for chapter 14

Just curious, are you Jaisu?

I see your trades sometimes.

Right now your town is a little bit of a distance, I'm only in Chapter 5. :)

So far I've gotten lucky and won 4 buildings from the 2nd grand prize set and the first grand prize building but it would be a miracle for me to win the last building at this point- totally out of quests to do. 350/800 left needed for the sun points. I don't think 86 quests was enough.

DeletedUser3507

Screenshot-99.png

No I am John...

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm making the grave goods for the squad size upgrade
Forget SS upgrades
The hope is that someday SS upgrades will be a good thing, so I always stockpile enough guest race goods before selling the portal just in case.
We talked about this last chapter @jps54
Inno already screwed us on this chapter.
This was a barracks chapter, so tournaments should be better until the next chapter.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Forget SS upgrades Inno already screwed us on this chapter...:);):(
No, not even if you beat me with a stick...:p

Sorry you feel that way :( I'm not feeling screwed on this chapter :confused: It wasn't easy but this far into the game I don't really expect it to be easy. I can say it was pretty boring just waiting for grave goods but since it is almost in my rear view mirror I'm glad I did finish it all :cool: Now I'm ready & waiting to rearrange and get to building and replacing culture with the new stuff from the event. I do enjoy this part when a chapter is done and plenty of space until the next chapter :D

SoggyShorts

Yes but no more advanced scout so what good is SS tech except to make tourneys way more expensive.,.
There was no need for an advanced scout tech at all. Even with 450 cleared provinces and all skipped SS techs the provinces are "medium" at worst.
Imagine taking all SS techs, getting another Advanced scouts, and being at the required 320 provinces- They would all be very very very very very easy.

As I said, the barracks upgrade increased training speed by about 40%, and the 3 mandatory SS techs didn't increase our tournament stack size by anywhere near that. That means that we should be able to train more tournament stacks per week than before.

EDIT: the increase in catering costs is regrettable, but the set buildings from this event more than make up for it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser19372

I would love it if the game devs got rid of those quests to "Produce [Tier 1 Boost] [2 days]."
For me, Tier 1 boost is planks. Producing royal beds is a royal pain in the tuchis.
My way around this problem is to dedicate a small amount of space to building additional manufacturies and then not upgrade them so they take up minimal space. I then use those for my event quests so it does not interfere with my regular production. https://elvengems.com/harvest-festival/set-buildings/

DeletedUser3468

Thought of that but the idea of waiting through 5 upgrades isn't appealing either. Plus I don't see any prize worth tearing out something to build a different something that I will then tear down to put the original thing back. If there's no short-cut/work-around I'll just stop on that step. But thanks for taking time to respond.

I had the same problem... except it was in the quest to either complete 2 researchs or upgrade 2 buildings to level 12. I've just started Sorcerers and Dragons and didn't look far enough ahead to see that I was going to need to complete the 2 researches. I only had one research left that I could complete until I actually build more than the campus and wisdom square (as far as I'd gotten before the event started). All the rest of my space is tied up with level 1 stuff to make it possible to do the event. All my buildings (residences, workshops, military, factories) either need research to level up again or more space than I have available. So, what to do? I used 2 - 2x2 spaces and took two of the buildings that I'd already had to take up to level 4 for a previous quest and I'm leveling them up to level 12. I'm doing 2 so I won't have to wait longer but I suppose you could get away with just a single 2x2 space, if the building doesn't need more than that for level 13.

My main complaint with this event is that the number of quests that involve producing 50 - 70 simple tools or whatever are excessive. I would much rather they had kept with the new concept they tried in a previous event to include quests to visit neighbors and changed a few of these click intensive productions to "visit 20" (or more) neighbors instead.

I'm also not crazy about having 2 different sets in one Event. I have to keep going back and checking GoK to see if the set building is for the set I'm actually interested in making. :confused: Most of my cities are far enough along that having a set that's mainly T1 goods is pretty useless to me. On the other hand, on my second smaller account which I set up as a training example for my Arendyll Fellowship, (and also have a small city in Winyandor since that was where they put me first on the second account and which I'm still playing because I'd hate to add to the dead cities there... half of my "neighbors" are now uninhabited coin cities!!!:eek:) I really like the Harvest set because in Winyandor, I'm always short of Tier 1 goods.

Now as to the question "Can you get all 3 main buildings without diamonds?" obviously it's too soon for me to tell but in at least 3 of my 9 cities I've already collected the first 2 prizes and I have 50 to 150 points towards the third with double days still to come. I'm sure that, if my luck holds, I will be able to get the 3rd main prize without diamonds in at least one of those cities. (One of the 3 is my tiny training town, btw... ) My luck was certainly holding in my tiny Winyandor town today when I went for the Temple Entrance... took me about 5 tries to get it and the first 4 tries were all extra moon splinters, some of them the 200 extra, so I ended up with more moon splinters that I started with and got the Temple Entrance! Now that's the kind of luck I like to have! :p

SoggyShorts

Now as to the question "Can you get all 3 main buildings without diamonds?"
On their own, the 3 GPs aren't so hot, but if you manage to get
  • Temple entrance
  • Shrine of krarak or kririt
  • Harvest Storage
And go double days on the rest, you have a really decent chance at all 3 GP and good sets that take up a total of 2 expansions and give as many goods as 2 of each max level factory.

I currently have a 2:2:2 build and with a little luck I should be able to double my goods production with those partial sets.
*fingers crossed*

Tauriel Dragonwood

My way around this problem is to dedicate a small amount of space to building additional manufacturies and then not upgrade them so they take up minimal space. I then use those for my event quests so it does not interfere with my regular production.
Aye, I do that too but I didn't expect the quest to be for 5 of them. Because of the high demand of production buildings for these events, half our city will soon need to contain ONLY buildings to complete events.

Tauriel Dragonwood

In Felyndral, I've been stuck for 2 days now on the Gain 32 Relics quest. Been negotiating on the World Map but I need so many goods. These events are difficult for new players (unless you spend diamonds). Why can't the game devs add the word "OR" in this quest? Three new players got so frustrated that they left the game already.

Deleted User - 1178646

In Felyndral, I've been stuck for 2 days now on the Gain 32 Relics quest. Been negotiating on the World Map but I need so many goods. These events are difficult for new players (unless you spend diamonds). Why can't the game devs add the word "OR" in this quest? Three new players got so frustrated that they left the game already.

Did your guild not participate in the tourney?
Even if you only hot just enough to be validated for the end reward the end of tourney reward should have given you at least a nice chunck of those relics.
Tournament itself gives you plenty of relics.

comming tuesday you get another shot at it.(the tourney)

DeletedUser15460

not sure where to put this, on both my cities, one in Felyndral and one in Khelonaar, Harvest Festival countdown clock says there is 8 days 5 hours left, it should be 16 or 17 days and city in Beta says 29 hours left, should be 5 days. not sure when time on clocks changed to end sooner than it was suppose to be completed

DeletedUser3468

Did your guild not participate in the tourney?
Even if you only hot just enough to be validated for the end reward the end of tourney reward should have given you at least a nice chunck of those relics.
Tournament itself gives you plenty of relics.

comming tuesday you get another shot at it.(the tourney)

I have the same problem with the 32 relics quest in my smaller cities. Yes, I do participate in the tourneys but remember when you are in a small city where you haven't overexplored, you may only have 4 or 5 (6 or 7 if you're lucky) of the particular goods provinces open to do tourney in. The first 5 or so don't give that many relics. Another problem, which I also have run in to is reaching this type of quest on a Saturday, right after the tourney ends. We end up with the choice of either waiting until Tuesday and being able to get maybe 8 or so relics from the tourney each day (that's based on having 5 - 6 of the appropriate provinces available) which is not really very many when you need 32, or simply catering provinces where we at least get 8 from each province. When you are at a lower level, it takes time to accumulate enough goods to do this. (Not having any problems with this type of quest in my high level cities but I have 2 newer ones that are in chapter 4 & 5)

I'm currently working on the 32 relics quest in my secondary city in Winyandor and it's taken me 2 days so far since I'm constantly running out of goods but I don't actually mind that much since this is one of the cities where I'm practicing my "less is more" philosophy of exploring and adding expansions and I sort of errrmmm.... underexplored... big time! :oops: I'm ready to enter chapter 5 but had to finish 9 more provinces to open the chest. Ahem... yeah... 9. Oops. ;)

edited to add... while getting the 32 relics quest done, I've lowered that 9 needed by a few...

Last edited by a moderator: