• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Evolution of the Phoenix feedback

Risen Malchiah

I have found that in my Winyandor city if a neighbor polishes my Fire Phoenix it will not allow me to feed it pet food.. That renders it useless until the polishing wears off which is 31 hours. In my other city Khelanor ..I can use it find as no neighbor has polished it.. Anyone else observed this?
This certainly seems like a pretty bad glitch and will hopefully get fixed.

But what visit lasts 31 hours? Or is that from the EE spell?

DeletedUser1016

PP's are able to be crafted, that's another option to obtain PPs before the next chapter gets released. I still have two [2] trading posts going that produce 5% PP, so I craft the 10%, 15% and 20% whenever they show up [I skip the 5% crafting], I've got 2, 8 & 1 respectively, which total to 30 of the 5%.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Light house of good neighborhood .. EE spell at 64 hrs for visits/helping hands

Out of curiosity, how does the Lighthouse of good neighborhood affect the set bonus for mana producing set buildings? For coins and supplies set buildings it is misreported that the culture bonus affects the set bonus, when it only affects the normal coin and supply production. Is this the same with the lighthouse of good neighborhood and mana set bonuses?

Deleted User - 3932582

PP's are able to be crafted, that's another option to obtain PPs before the next chapter gets released. I still have two [2] trading posts going that produce 5% PP, so I craft the 10%, 15% and 20% whenever they show up [I skip the 5% crafting], I've got 2, 8 & 1 respectively, which total to 30 of the 5%.
True, but those recipes feel pretty expensive to me. I used to craft PPs once in a while, but stopped after getting 400-500% worth of PPs during last event. Saving catalysts and spell fragments for military boosts (and now pet food?)

i8sh

Thank you Cerridwenn for the info...it is good to know that we should not place an EE spell on our phoenix if we intend to feed it some pet food.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Out of curiosity, how does the Lighthouse of good neighborhood affect the set bonus for mana producing set buildings? For coins and supplies set buildings it is misreported that the culture bonus affects the set bonus, when it only affects the normal coin and supply production. Is this the same with the lighthouse of good neighborhood and mana set bonuses?
I didn't think culture has ever affected mana production?

DeletedUser9601

True, but those recipes feel pretty expensive to me. I used to craft PPs once in a while, but stopped after getting 400-500% worth of PPs during last event. Saving catalysts and spell fragments for military boosts (and now pet food?)
Don’t stop. I funded the entirety of Constructs with spells. That means I had 20 free expansions for 3 plus months. And I didn’t need to spend time rebuilding any buildings I deleted for pop or space constraints.

There’s a trade off since I spent all of the spring 2018 event currency on 12 trading posts, then had those taking up city space for 50 days. But the end result has been awesome.

Deleted User - 3932582

Don’t stop. I funded the entirety of Constructs with spells. That means I had 20 free expansions for 3 plus months. And I didn’t need to spend time rebuilding any buildings I deleted for pop or space constraints.

There’s a trade off since I spent all of the spring 2018 event currency on 12 trading posts, then had those taking up city space for 50 days. But the end result has been awesome.
What I mean is that I stopped crafting PP in the MA. I still believe in acquiring as many PPs as I can via other means. But 10% PP in MA costs 6 catalysts and 900 fragments. I doubt you can have a significant supply of PPs at those prices (if nothing else, constrained by the time it takes to cook those catalysts). 12 TOs is an entirely different setup ;)

Pheryll

Set Designer
I didn't think culture has ever affected mana production?

I am not saying that it does. The Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood gives a percentage bonus to mana production for polished buildings. I am wondering if this percentage bonus affects just base mana production or also the set bonus.

As an example I explained how the culture bonus incorrectly reports that it applies to the set bonus, but the amount of extra supplies/coins received is only when the base amount and not the set bonus is improved by culture.

Edit: As an aside, the culture bonus actually did affect mana production when mana was first implemented. That feature was removed, as it was deemed too powerful.

DeletedUser20951

Whoa, that was weird, but starting to craft an item in the Magic Academy counts toward the quest requiring you to gain or use spells. I suppose doing so does fit the description, but I never saw it beforehand as an option, thinking either make or cast 'em, and I just wasted a larger time boost for no reason. Whee!

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Well so much for my 2 Rise of Phoenix being special :( That was the first special grand prize is sunk a bunch of $ into to get and then again on the first FA I sunk a bunch of $ into. I actually broke down and spent on this event since the new Phoenix are nice addition to those 2. Oh Well! Inno just keeps giving me reasons not to spend on anything again. If everything special becomes free & common then what's the point of spending on anything? I'm done with that! Another lesson about Elvenar learned!

So nice to know that I have spent every RR spell so far to upgrade those. What a waste!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think that's a general life lesson, rather than Inno specific. Lots of stuff starts out special, with the cachet of limited availability, but the creators always bow to financial pressure in the end. Unless they actually say somewhere that availability is limited, in writing, and number them, it will eventually be available in a mass market version. I guess all I can offer is that you had something uncommon for a year? I know it's not the same, but hopefully that was some value.

Risen Malchiah

@Deborah M Your Rise of the Phoenix is still special. It's a very rare building which likely won't be seen again. And the fact that you have 2 is a testament not only to completing the original Phoenix event but also for placing high in an early FA when it was offered as a top tier award. I'll probably never own one and I'm still jealous. So keep them and keep them upgraded. :)