• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Mermaids Event feedback

Deleted User - 312108

Several of my Fellows play on a Mobil device and cannot donate to AW. I hope you can fix this.
Hi Neeronie, mobile players are able to donate KP to their own AWs even if they cannot do so to others.
The wording of the quest is:
Invest 10 Knowledge Points into any kind of Ancient Wonder
Invest 20 Knowledge Points into your Ancient Wonder or invest 20 Knowledge Points into another player’s Ancient Wonder or buy 10 Knowledge Points
Invest 25 Knowledge Points into your Ancient Wonder or invest 25 Knowledge Points into another player’s Ancient Wonder
Invest 30 Knowledge Points into your Ancient Wonder or invest 30 Knowledge Points into another player’s Ancient Wonder
Invest 40 Knowledge Points into your Ancient Wonder or invest 40 Knowledge Points into another player’s Ancient Wonder

So they should have no issues doing these quests.

What is the coral value for that quest for the 48-hour productions?
They are at the same level as the other quests. More time consuming quests do not inherently grant more currency than any other quest - Elvengems has them listed - https://elvengems.com/mermaids/quests/

Deleted User - 312108

What is the coral value for that quest for the 48-hour productions?
He said it was one not on the lists on that site, so we do not know what coral amount he is currently at.
I saw it listed for 57.

One thought I had - do the guest race buildings such as granite mines and copper foundries count as a level 16 building for upgrade and if not, why ever not given that is what they are an equivalent of?

qaccy

On the subject of upgrading buildings, using Royal Restoration spells to perform an upgrade does count for upgrading a building to or above a certain level, according to the chapter it's upgraded to. This may work for some folks in a pinch, since these upgraded are quick and are potentially something they'd want to do anyway since the buildings are already in their cities. I've got a few Rainbow Flower Cages I can use without even heavily affecting my RR supply, for instance. Not sure if someone else has pointed this out before!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I saw it listed for 57.

One thought I had - do the guest race buildings such as granite mines and copper foundries count as a level 16 building for upgrade and if not, why ever not given that is what they are an equivalent of?

Yes, the quest in general is listed for a couple of different coral values, so either he got it for a value that did not list it or read the list wrong or the list could have been updated since he got it and it is now listed, where before it was not. The same thing happened for me with the 36 coral list. I got the Basket of Groceries 5 times quest and it was not on there last night, but it is listed there now. They are updating the list as the event goes along, so something we do not see there today will be added in eventually, making it seem like we just did not see it when we looked.

As for guest race buildings, they have only ever counted for their listed numerical level. I have used them in the past with the Level up a building to level 3 or level 4 quests, but anything higher than that and they do not count.

Deleted User - 312108

So far... there is not nearly enough variety in quests between my cities - for an event that has a 'random' quest line... it really doesn't feel that way. And yes, all my cities are currently in chapter 6.

upload_2019-8-5_15-22-22.png

Yes, the quest in general is listed for a couple of different coral values, so either he got it for a value that did not list it or read the list wrong or the list could have been updated since he got it and it is now listed, where before it was not. The same thing happened for me with the 36 coral list. I got the Basket of Groceries 5 times quest and it was not on there last night, but it is listed there now. They are updating the list as the event goes along, so something we do not see there today will be added in eventually, making it seem like we just did not see it when we looked.

As for guest race buildings, they have only ever counted for their listed numerical level. I have used them in the past with the Level up a building to level 3 or level 4 quests, but anything higher than that and they do not count.
Enevhar - yes, they have to, the event has something like 10 days to go in beta :) And it makes me sad that they only count as a level 1 etc, since they seem to have eliminated those quests and I think it would actually alleviate some of the pain higher chapter players have with the build quest.

Deleted User - 2060701

I like the high-contrast coral, no eye strain like the winter event with the snowflakes on snow.

For player advice if you are between chapters, if you look at the bottom of my city (Onyd on Arendyll), I have a row of the maximum size of each quest (that elvengems listed) so I'm protected against most circumstances and can rotate quests fairly well. If I get 2x1day in a row that will be sequential but otherwise not too bad. (I have 830 points as of this writing.)

Now I wait until tomorrow morning when my two buildings are upgraded to level 14 or higher. ;)

Deleted User - 312108

Onyd - yes, I think to advance through the event in a reasonable fashion you need to be able to do the maximum 9 hour quest lots at one time, which is 9 T1 and 8 workshops. T1 is a little harder for me on some worlds than others :)

kctanzen

Very much not in favor of this quest format.
If the grand prize code can show the next one + 2 following, the quests should at least show current plus the next one up.
This still might cause a bottleneck for the player but one could at least do *some* strategic planning instead of a complete WAG.
And by showing the next one up, that can still be randomized for each player, keeping the element of surprise still in the works.

*HUGE* thumbs down from me about this type of quest generation. -- the random chests were bad enough of a slot machine effect.

Deleted User - 312108

is anyone having trouble getting coral? I have only had 3 coral show up and I have been logged on since 10 am
I have had corals. Are you on browser or mobile? Sometimes they don't seem to generate at the pace they did in previous events.

DeletedUser23919

So I don’t have ancient wonder yet and there is no way I am getting one during the event. Does it mean I get stuck for the rest of the event with quest I cannot complete? And without having AW I cannot donate to my fellowship members either right?

What a fantastic event.... I wonder who thought that way of random quest will be so awesome. Without the ability to skip one if you cannot complete it. Genius!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So I don’t have ancient wonder yet and there is no way I am getting one during the event. Does it mean I get stuck for the rest of the event with quest I cannot complete? And without having AW I cannot donate to my fellowship members either right?

What a fantastic event.... I wonder who thought that way of random quest will be so awesome. Without the ability to skip one if you cannot complete it. Genius!

I think you only have to finish the research for your first AW before you can donate to another player's AW, not actually build one of your own first.