• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8045

I too am fed up with this event. I haven't posted before, as I didn't feel any need to, I used to enjoy the events - but feel compelled to complain about this event. Without spending money I have always struggled to get enough to evolve even one building to maximum level - but this time it is going to be impossible. I haven't had a problem with level of manufactories/workshops yet, because I keep getting consecutive tasks of "complete 5 encounters or 25 tournament encounters" (a run of 5 consecutive one time, now I am on the second of yet another run!)- I have only had one task so far that specified level! I have used up most of certain resources and my large stock of troops, so now I am stuck. I have already gained enough more than enough provinces to play the game, they no longer offer me any expansions and it takes me 60 - 80 hrs to scout them - tournament encounters are all very well, but to continuously have to do 25 at a time, for a good which is not my boosted good, is ridiculous!
I have been playing this game for some time, but am getting fed up with it now.

The Unbeliever

Question for the mods:

I realize you may be reluctant to weigh in considering the large majority of the feedback has been negative. But considering that sooo many players are reporting repeating quests, could this be a coding error? I have to assume the developers didn't actually intend for the quests to repeat in this manner.
"Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by simple incompetence & stupidity."

It's clear that Inno wants the majority of us to feel forced into spending dias to get anywhere in events now.
Just because a few outliers have the plentiful stocks of relevant buildings + limitless amounts of time boosters & near-infinite goods/troops to 'break the system', the rest of us must suffer.

My human city has barely managed maybe 10 quests past the initial 30, and 4 of them have been ****ing Toolboxes!!:mad::mad::mad:
I think I'm lucky to have 7 Lv.15 workshops for this event, so I can keep at least 3-5 of them running toolboxes, but it's getting beyond ridiculous at this point.
I'll be lucky to even make 2k event currency at this rate. :(

And because of the likelihood of quest sequences like; toolboxes -> gain relics -> encounter/tournament encounters -> gain relics -> toolboxes -> toolboxes -> tournament encounters -> tournament encounters, etc...
It means I'm also having to 'save up' my tournaments in case I get that quest come up! Yet, because it's purely "ranDUMB" quests, it also means I'm also letting my Fellowship down as I'm putting up as many pts, or else I help out and feth myself over for the next 3-5+ days?!

Feth this BS Inno!!
Your event is a giant pile of flaming garbage.:mad::mad:

DeletedUser18174

I don't normally say much. After all, it's a game. I have been playing for roughly 1 1/2 years and for the most part have enjoyed it even with many of the changes that have happened. However, I am not happy with the way the game has changed the events recently. First, not a big fan of the evolving building. Many times the building is not worth it unless you get most of the evolutions... and how boring after awhile. How about changing between the set buildings, and the evolving building? Maybe even bringing back old sets, so that players have an opportunity to get pieces that they may have missed or upgrade old outdated pieces. Then, the random quest list. Let's be real. Not everyone has time to be on this game 24/7. It was so helpful, when you could know what was coming and prepare for it. It was hard enough to get through the quests and win the prizes without the randomness thrown at you. And finally, the latest blow, only allowing for quests to be fulfilled by current ch. or previous ch. workshops and manufactories. I am not concerned just with this event now, but also with future events and FA's. Many in my fellowship did build extras just to attempt to make it through the FA's and I can't see that we will even be able to play in them with that last blow. Talk about forcing players to play only the way you see fit! I normally purchase the extra building and some times the packs to help out my fellowship, but not this time. I couldn't possibly see any way that I would personally be able to make it through this event. So why bother? In fact, I don't foresee that I will be purchasing anything in the future if the game continues in this way. If changes continue down this path, maybe i'll just find another game.
After the previous event I felt exhausted because finishing quests depleted so much if all my goods and troops. This event is just a bogus way for Inno to get people to pay for diamonds in order to get anything. Plus, the “prizes “ offered aren’t even worth the effort. I have had my quests go like this: 3 toolboxes, 25 tournament encounters, 25 tournament encounters, 25 tournament encounters, scout one province or research, scout or research, 15 vision vapor, 25 tournament encounters and then back to 3 toolboxes. Every member in my Fellowship is reporting the same sequences. This is not random. This is purposeful. If this is the way this game is going, I may choose to leave the game although. It was bad enough when they moved my city to a veritable desert where I have 10 active members and more than 100 empty cities with nothing but more empty cities surrounding those. I can’t get enough goods to trade to even do tournaments past 5 provinces come round nor can I get enough goods to complete the constant collect 7 relics this event keeps asking for. I have completed 18 or 19 of the29 quests for the 2nd group and have had only a couple of the listed quests.

Last edited by a moderator:

brnysmurf

Pardon the expression, but the Autumn event sucks.
1. Unable to plan ahead. Scouting takes 2-3 days and toolboxes take 1 day. Cannot do anything while waiting on these.
2. Repeated relics, encounters, tournament encounters, scouting. For those of us maxed out on expansions, these are making it even worse on us. Tournament encounters are given as an option, but because they are repeating so often, we are either maxed out waiting or having to work way past what we normally do.
3. Impossible to maintain normal city flow with the way this tourney is set up, because you are never sure whether you should collect those workshops and T1's. or let them sit just in case they are coming up next.

Overall, this one is not fun.

Pheryll

Set Designer
What I think is happening is that the Elvenar staff are trying to force a completion pace. Quests within a tier seem to be ranked based on difficulty. The faster you complete the quests the more likely you will receive the difficult ones as opposed to the easy ones. In essence if you go fast enough, all you have to do is prepare for the harder quests and the easier quests will rarely disrupt your pace.

CHANDY

Forgive me if this has been brought up already because I did not read all 12 pages of this thread.

I feel that there needs to be some sort of probability adjustment applied to certain quests. I have gotten the scout/research/15 vapor quest four times in the last few hours. This is incredibly taxing and could easily cause the average player to fall incredibly short of their goals for the event. There have always been some quests that are harder than others, but because you could plan ahead it was manageable and Inno seemed to understand that they should not place these difficult quests several in a row or with too much frequency. The last event we couldn't plan so much but there were more workshop and manufactory quests that we could prepare for with a lot of level 1 buildings. Now with the combination of random quests and less production quests, it leaves the chances of getting those very difficult quests too high. My sister said she is having the same problem in her cities. Maybe we are both just unlucky? Or maybe there really is some adjustment that needs to happen to make this event enjoyable and playable.[/Q

Ditto, third vapor in a row for me also. They have taken the fun out of another contest.

The Unbeliever

What I think is happening is that the Elvenar staff are trying to force a completion pace. Quests within a tier seem to be ranked based on difficulty. The faster you complete the quests the more likely you will receive the difficult ones as opposed to the easy ones. In essence if you go fast enough, all you have to do is prepare for the harder quests and the easier quests will rarely disrupt your pace.
Except that there's far too many players getting hosed by back-to-back-to-back "Scout/Research/15VV" and/or "Toolboxes" right off the bat, before they've had much, if any, chance to complete even a single "easy" task.

T6583

My biggest issue with the new random quest system is that it appears to be grossly unfair in general (Yes I know life isn't fair, but not getting into that right now). In the past everyone got the same quests. Now it's a cr*pshoot of which quests you might get, how often you get them, and just plain luck. I have 2 cities of similar size. One seems to be getting easier quests while the other one keeps getting the same 3 or 4 difficult, time consuming, and resource depleting quests over and over again. And stop telling us to use time instants. Not everyone has a ton laying around or they might have already used them and are having difficultly replenshing their supply of them. No matter what Inno does there will always been a small handful of players that break the system. Even right now if I wanted to spend a bunch of money I could just buy all of the keys I needed and not complete a single quest. I guess this is what Inno wants. I get it that they need to make money but lately I find myself tightening my purse strings as composed to loosening them because the past 2 events I feel like I'm being punished for something. (For the record I do spend money fairly reguarly on this game, not a whale by any means but still quiet a bit of money for magic buildings) But before with everyone getting the EXACT same quests everyone had a much more fair chance to play and complete the event. Now it feels like it's impossible. Countless numbers of players are quiting the event because it seems like a waste of time and effort with no chance of winning the main grand prizes. I know that you can scale quests based on Chapter / Levels of certain things (coins, supplys, troops quests), if you're worried about people moving too quickly than maybe scaling of the quests would be a better solution. And stop using the excuse that people were complaining about the shanty towns. It's someone choose to set up those shanty towns. No one forced them. Did it allow people to complete the events more quickly? Yes. Could everyone do it. No. And alot played into it. At some times I could set up a shanty town and at other times I couldn't depending on where I was in the game. But I was still able to complete the events even if I was doing quests at the very last hour to get the prize (and that's if I really wanted the prize) However now you're forcing people who want to play the event to have things a certain way as to level the playing field (so its claimed) and yet you do this completely horrible random quests that makes the whole event more or less unfair across the board. I used to enjoy playing the events. It gave me something to do during down time in the game. Also just want to point out that I find the arguement of trying to make everything acheivable for active and casual players to be BS. Active players who log in and spend significally more time on the game are going to have a better advantage of completing the event over a causal player who logs in once a day or every few days just due to the amount of time spent in the game.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I am REALLY, REALLY sick of this event already! Every few quests I get the scout, research or 15 vision vapors. I am at the end of the research tree so no research. It takes 4 days 16 hours to scout. That leaves me with crafting things I DO NOT want over & over. Also very sick of buying KP over & over! If their goal is to completely alienate long-term players I can't think of a better way so mission accomplished :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

DeletedUser11588

In both of my cities, the conversation about this event has been dire. The majority opinion is giving up - "I'm done with it" kind of language. The minority opinion is struggling on a bit longer. And then there are the quieter questions and conversations of "Why am I still playing this game at all?"

This data pool includes players who didn't get hit by the level requirement [insert expletive of your choice] as well as those of us who did.

I didn't like sentient goods before. But that was before I upgraded my boosted tier 1s for the event without realising it would nerf the 1 and 2 day runs. That's not just a poorly designed and not thought through event. That's a poorly designed and not through game element. All the culture, population and space needed and the result is breaking your most productive buildings? Who thought that was a good idea?

DeletedUser19458

If this event didn't force me to absolutely halt everything going on in my city, I wouldn't mind it. Old events you could do both progress and the event on the side, but not anymore. More due to randomness then the stupid quest list they've chosen to go with this cycle.
  • Can't complete provinces for fear of 'gain 7 relics'
  • Can't do tournament for fear of 'gain 7 relics' or 'gain enchantments' etc.
  • Can't collect anything for fear of getting that quest after you collect. T1's, gold, supplies, troops, all of it.
  • Can't advance tech because my extra space devoted to 3 new T1s and 3 new WS (turns out barely needed them but I rush leveled them to level 20 after reading beta, so not deleting them now until I get teleport spells). I happen to be in between chapters so using the space has halted guest race development (hence making me tech locked).
  • Forced me to level things I didn't want leveled up.

If it wasn't for 2 of the grand prizes I really want, I'd just abstain entirely. So as it is .. I guess I'm choosing doing the event over regular game play ... maybe that is their point of doing this, but for me it's only seen as frustrating. Spending less time playing Elvenar now and more on other games I like.

Still not sure what they are even trying to 'fix' other then make it more pay to play than it used to be.

Pheryll

Set Designer
  • Can't collect anything for fear of getting that quest after you collect. T1's, gold, supplies, troops, all of it.
  • Can't advance tech because my extra space devoted to 3 new T1s and 3 new WS (turns out barely needed them but I rush leveled them to level 20 after reading beta, so not deleting them now until I get teleport spells). I happen to be in between chapters so using the space has halted guest race development (hence making me tech locked).

Most of this is the effect of infinite random quests. If the quests were known in advance players could adjust the event into their normal gameplay better, instead of halting their normal game play in case certain quests arrive.

Black watch

I thought the point of those brave souls playing on the Beta server was to work out bugs before rolling things out to the live servers... that hasn't been the case recently. They're rolling this crap out before working out the bugs and then we suffer from their incompetence! Unless they fix the repeating quests soon, and do away with the absurd 'level' requirements on the next event... I won't be participating in the events. Without the events, my interest in the game will quickly fade.

Sincerely,
Extremely Disappointed Player

P.S. - Thanks for indulging my rant.

P.P.S. - Genesis Warriors ROCK!!

Yeah, that was my thought too.
If INNO is going to roll things out before it's ready, then why even have Beta. It makes it a waste of time, for indeed, those brave souls!

GlamDoll

If this event didn't force me to absolutely halt everything going on in my city, I wouldn't mind it. Old events you could do both progress and the event on the side, but not anymore. More due to randomness then the stupid quest list they've chosen to go with this cycle.

Working As Intended, I imagine. Seems, it's not enough to make our city (cities) into the Dev's liking, nor is it enough, but to also strip away as much control over our strategy for our city, as well as, our gameplay.....Nope, more is required!

Not only will your participation in The Event, be extremely limited......BUT, you being able to even "play" with your city, Will also be hindered in the extreme!!!!

Being grounded sux!!!!

There is a whole lot of NOTHING, that I am getting to do. :( :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.