• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Sorcerers' Pilgrimage discussion and feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Pheryll this is the fixed version from Beta. They had one too many quests for the length of the event, so it was their choice of which one to remove. So they removed quest 89 instead of 90.

I'm basivcally locked for the event as of today. I'm asked for a good supply of marble steel or planks, which in my case is 39000. NOt a bad amount, however, I've just warehoused my marble factories, because chapt 16 has asked me to upgrade 4 of my workshops, and they change size/shape, so i needed the room and I have millions of marble. A day or too ago, my steel sentient building counted as steel, even when I made platinum, but I just collected a 9 hour and this time it doesn't count. 9 hr normal steel only produces 1000, so I guess I'll just watch the days go by.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I'm basivcally locked for the event as of today. I'm asked for a good supply of marble steel or planks, which in my case is 39000. NOt a bad amount, however, I've just warehoused my marble factories, because chapt 16 has asked me to upgrade 4 of my workshops, and they change size/shape, so i needed the room and I have millions of marble. A day or too ago, my steel sentient building counted as steel, even when I made platinum, but I just collected a 9 hour and this time it doesn't count. 9 hr normal steel only produces 1000, so I guess I'll just watch the days go by.

That was probably a quest asking for a certain length of production, which those count for, not an amount of a good, which they don't count for. Any event building production will count for an amount quest, if you have any out.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Yeah, they might not care when they get feedback like this:

Now that the event is done, I would like to congratulate the design team on technically well produced event with the usual excellent artwork.
This is the best Quest Set they have ever produced - any city should be able to finish it, without 'game stoppers'.
Well done!

I hope that poster doesn't cry foul when the 20 relics quest shows up on live, without any tournament to assist him.

Agvar

A couple of things...

To quote the introduction to the event "Behold! The Sorcerers' Pilgrimage is about to start! Every year, the most powerful Kings, Queens, Lords and Ladies are sending apprentices from their local sorcerer schools out for their great pilgrimage across the lands of Elvenar. Their goal: reaching the Tower of Wisdom. This pilgrimage is a true test of cunning, wisdom, willpower, and endurance.

This year you, too, have the opportunity to send a few of your best apprentices on their magical journey. Zaphiel, once an apprentice himself, asks you to support them as best you can on their way along with the Beacons of Power. In doing so, you will earn the respect of the sorcerer’s community and allow the apprentices to return to you with glory and treasures.
"

...Zaphiel has changed sex, now female! And...

"As in previous events, the questline consists of a story section and additional episodic quests, which start as soon as the story is completed. This means that you will be able to finish the first series of quests right away, while later quests have new additions released on a daily basis, allowing you to continue to play 1 additional event quest on each new event day, up until the last day of the event."

There are 21 daily quests, but the event only lasts 21 days, meaning you have to do all the previous 64 tasks on the first day to be able to have a chance to complete them all! Finally...

Sorcerer's Pilgrimage - start.jpg

In the screenshot, the bottom line has apprentices mis-spelled, Beacons of Power changes to beacons of power.

If Inno cannot even get these basic things right then there's not much hope of them fixing some of the more major things. It suggests to me that they have no interest in quality control or player experience at all.

I played the event in Beta and I have to say I was underwhelmed. The artwork was childish (except for the buildings, which was excellent), the quest dialogue repetative, and the tasks extremely difficult. Despite this, and only being on chapter II, I did manage to get the Wise Golem up to stage 9 and the additional troops from it will be useful until Banshees are available in chapter V.

I was also unimpressed by the fact that the event went live before it had finished on Beta, suggesting that Inno were not interested in feedback.

Fayeanne

There are 21 daily quests, but the event only lasts 21 days, meaning you have to do all the previous 64 tasks on the first day to be able to have a chance to complete them all!

Luckily that's not how it works. The daily quests unlock one day at a time, but once you reach them, you can do them all in sequence one right after the next, until you bump into the first locked one, then you have to wait daily for each of them to unlock thereafter. And even when you get to that point, if you, say, spend 2 days completing one of the dailies, the next one will have unlocked while you were busy with the previous, and you can then start on that one immediately thereafter. And so forth.

That was probably a quest asking for a certain length of production, which those count for, not an amount of a good, which they don't count for. Any event building production will count for an amount quest, if you have any out.
I DID forget about my event buildings, so they will speed things up.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I was also unimpressed by the fact that the event went live before it had finished on Beta, suggesting that Inno were not interested in feedback.

All big events have always started on the Live servers before they finish on the Beta server. Right now, they start on Live about two weeks after they start on Beta, but it used to be only one week for the first three years of the game. Inno feels that gap is plenty of time to adjust from Beta to Live.

SunsetDanar

My take on this one, as well as the past few, is that the quests are mostly simple and easily accomplished. Yet another evolving building that does nothing more than those behind it so what's the point there? The prizes have lost their luster. Where are the ones we lust after? Cozy Farm, Herds Gathering, Wishing Wells and so forth. I'm supposed to go for the chintzy daily prizes offered to replace these? Not likely. I used to buy the helpful items or a starter package but given the rewards, I've stopped doing that. A novel idea might be to offer an artifact that can be traded for any other in the Magic Academy, similar to a couple of events past or a universal artifact that can be applied where needed. I've pretty much stopped doing events as they are currently presented.

DeepTerminal

There are 21 daily quests, but the event only lasts 21 days, meaning you have to do all the previous 64 tasks on the first day to be able to have a chance to complete them all!

First of all, no. That's not how it works.

Second of all, no. This has always been the case.

You have every right to whine about this game, but before you do, at least take a moment to understand how things work.

Last edited:

DeepTerminal

A quick note on beacon opening strategy:

It appears that it is much more difficult to get 9 artifacts compared to previous ones.

First of all, the beacon info (and calculations) on Elven Gems is outdated, so don't use it.

Let's calculate how many event currency a player can get (on average) without pulling out their credit card:

Completing all 89 quests gives 4197. The 45 quest milestone gives 300. Each day you also get 35 for free (35 x 21 = 735). All these are guaranteed. Plus the ones you pick up around your city which depends on how active you are every day.

So we have 4197 + 300 + 735 = 5232 guaranteed event currency.
Let's say you pick up 10 on average each day. That's 21 x 10 = 210.
So our total becomes 5232 + 210 = 5442.

Using @MinMax Gamer 's Optimal Event Chest Strategy calculator, we can test out the following 3 strategies:

1. Only maximize grand prizes.
1. GPrize only.png

2. Maximize both grand prizes and daily prizes, equally:
2. GPrize and DPrize.png

3. Only maximize daily prizes:
3. DPrize only.png

To get 9 artifacts, the quest milestones include 2 artifacts already, which means you want to get 7 artifacts from the grand prize lineup, which means winning 13 grand prizes. (The artifacts are #1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, and 13).

As we can see from the above results, only the first strategy (maximizing grand prizes only) can be expected to give 13 grand prizes on average. The second strategy (maximizing both) gives less than 13 on average, which means there's a significant chance (i.e., when you're unlucky) that you will fall short. This is even more so for the third strategy.

So in conclusion, if you really want to get 9 artifacts, then it's really important to strictly follow the first strategy, or you might have to pull out your credit card.

Last edited:

Agvar

First of all, no. That's not how it works.

Second of all, no. This has always been the case.

You have every right to whine about this game, but before you do, at least take a moment to understand how things work.

Thanks for the patronising tone (sarcasm intended).

I based my calculations based on the previous events, where the last few tasks were " episodic", if these "daily" are different fine I'll take that. I didn't really think that Inno would have messed up that much.

I stand corrected regarding events going live even before beta has finished, but rather than just shoot me down in flames, helpful comments would have been more useful. I've only been on beta a short while, just to test the new tournament system, which I like. I still stand by my comment that it would be better to fully test on beta before going live though. If there are problems they can be sorted with a smaller player base to annoy.

I notice that you made no comment regarding the lack of spellchecking/proofreading on the screenshot, or the fact that zaphiel has changed sex. I've been chronicling the story for a while now, and it's just the latest in a long list of errors there, so i think I'm entitled to call them out on that.

I am also wondering at the storyline matching the dialogue and prizes. I'd always understood that pilgrimages were for religious types, but then there are now sorcerers in real life. However, why so many prizes that give troop drops? What have they got to do with sorcery?

Pheryll

Set Designer
I based my calculations based on the previous events, where the last few tasks were " episodic", if these "daily" are different fine I'll take that. I didn't really think that Inno would have messed up that much.

In every single event the "daily quests" could be completed at any point in time after their day came. You could always wait till the end of the event before doing all the dailies one after the other. There has been no event where a daily quest was unlocked one day after completing the previous quest.

Agvar

In every single event the "daily quests" could be completed at any point in time after their day came. You could always wait till the end of the event before doing all the dailies one after the other. There has been no event where a daily quest was unlocked one day after completing the previous quest.

I see, that explains 'daily quests'. Both the May Celebrations and the Air Traders Voyage had the last 5 tasks locked so that you had to complete 1 each on the last 5 days of the event, I think that's the definition of 'episodic'.

Does anyone know if the last tasks for this event are the same? I was unable to get that far in Beta as I was only in chapter II.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I see, that explains 'daily quests'. Both the May Celebrations and the Air Traders Voyage had the last 5 tasks locked so that you had to complete 1 each on the last 5 days of the event, I think that's the definition of 'episodic'.

Does anyone know if the last tasks for this event are the same? I was unable to get that far in Beta as I was only in chapter II.

This event and the last two are done exactly the same. You get a bunch of quests you can do right away and one new quest is unlocked on each day of the event. So the final quest, in this case #89, cannot be done until the final day of the event.

Pheryll

Set Designer
This event and the last two are done exactly the same. You get a bunch of quests you can do right away and one new quest is unlocked on each day of the event. So the final quest, in this case #89, cannot be done until the final day of the event.
Correct. Quests are unlocked based upon what day of the event it is, not on your completion progress.

LutherTheHairy

A quick note on beacon opening strategy...
...So in conclusion, if you really want to get 9 artifacts, then it's really important to strictly follow the first strategy, or you might have to pull out your credit card.

Thank you n00bslayer for this analysis.

As a noob (playing for maybe 2 weeks), I had no idea you could run out of sorcerers knowledge and not make it to the end without a purchase. This also helps me understand the strategy. So far I have been focussing on completing the quests as quickly as possible, and selecting becons accordingly (like, I need enchantments, so select the beacon that has more of them). Other than that I had been thinking to select the furthest beacon since that moves me faster and has better immediate prizes in general (but it does not move me more cheaply!) I also had a hard time understanding the caclulator. Your examples makes it clearer. I think I will follow the grand prize approach maximizing from here on out.

As a noob, all the prizes are sweet and a tremendous help. I do not have spoiled expectations by more generous events in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.