• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ban and Boycott Elvenar

Who will unite in a ban on purchasing diamonds until the new battle changes are rolled back?

• Total voters

DeletedUser1901

We should give a review but save actual criticisms until after the full update is in place and in play and we see how this WHOLE thing will actually affect game play. Not just how it is perceived to affect play NOW, when it is not even fully in place yet.

Agreed 100%

I have JUST learned that phase 2 is now in Beta... we hope that it will not take long to reach us here! :D

DeletedUser1365

Rollbacks are not always created. It depends wholly upon the platform upon which it is built. Some can accomplish this in a simple manner by removing the code but in most cases it is an actual server reset to a date before the code was implemented.

In this case it is far, far too early to be even considering such as they did announce beforehand that this was not a one shot deal that it would be stepped in and this was the first step. This release does not meet that as the game is still playable on all fronts, just that it is more challenging to do. It's rather like playing a game on the super easy level with elite troops and suddenly being stepped up to the elite level. You don't expect it but the power levels are wholly compatible for game play.
I will respectfully disagree! Rollbacks are a part of every production release regardless or technology. It is true that depending on technology some rollbacks require a greater effort in creating a proc that performs this function. Resetting a server to a previous date that eliminates any transactional data that was applied in the interim should not be acceptable in any shop. As far as the game being playable is concerned, and just more difficult, those types of features are generally optional and selectable by the player. This development is not a positive one and Innogames motivation is questionable. Certainly their judgement is poor in this case. Concerning the supposition that the feature is not fully rolled out and it will be improved in the future, any development shop is supposed to perform release planning with a strong emphasis that the production release will be balanced and not introduce any new difficulties for the user that will have to be fixed later. Waiting for Innogames to fix this is a poor strategy and a disservice to both the player community and Innogames themselves. The most important feeedback any enterprise can receive is honest and direct criticism from the user community when they have alienated it with a poorly conceived action or inaction.

DeletedUser4417

I will respectfully disagree! Rollbacks are a part of every production release regardless or technology. It is true that depending on technology some rollbacks require a greater effort in creating a proc that performs this function. Resetting a server to a previous date that eliminates any transactional data that was applied in the interim should not be acceptable in any shop. As far as the game being playable is concerned, and just more difficult, those types of features are generally optional and selectable by the player. This development is not a positive one and Innogames motivation is questionable. Certainly their judgement is poor in this case. Concerning the supposition that the feature is not fully rolled out and it will be improved in the future, any development shop is supposed to perform release planning with a strong emphasis that the production release will be balanced and not introduce any new difficulties for the user that will have to be fixed later. Waiting for Innogames to fix this is a poor strategy and a disservice to both the player community and Innogames themselves. The most important feeedback any enterprise can receive is honest and direct criticism from the user community when they have alienated it with a poorly conceived action or inaction.
No, have to disagree with you as MOST companies don't code in rollbacks. What game companies that are large enough do is have a beta test server when they can. They accomplish a rollback by bringing a pre-existing 'save or restore' point back into activity. Sorry but again no, the only time such are optional is when there are different modes of play. Most games do not have that. Again you judge things based on the first step in the process without the ability to see the end result. It is rather like tasting a bakers concoction before all the ingredients are into it and it is baked and then giving a review of same.

DeletedUser1901

Look, I'm not an IT programming guro in Germany that can sit down with the Inno game devs and have a conversation :D But I do know that this update was announced on 8/30 - https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/behind-the-scenes-battle-redesign.3758/

and in the release notes on 10/7 - https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-15.4194/#post-26457

Had heavy discussions in the forums for weeks while it was in the Beta environment and the word on the street is that they did it in 3 sections because it was an entire overhaul of the battle system and if they broke it, they only wanted a small section to have to work with rather than the whole update all at one time... again, I have no idea... and I don't own the game or work for the owners so how much information am I REALLY privy too? Not much lol

I go back to feeling like so much of this was caused by players not knowing what was coming. As and Arch Mage, like so many that I have spoken with, made sure to keep our fellowships informed with every new piece of information that came out... I feel bad for all those that were blind sided but you have to keep your head and wits about you and go learn what you can. It's not going to go back, it's only going to go forward.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
We should give a review but save actual criticisms until after the full update is in place and in play and we see how this WHOLE thing will actually affect game play. Not just how it is perceived to affect play NOW, when it is not even fully in place yet.

This is why it was strange that they even released any of it on live servers. I understand splitting it into 3 parts so they can balamce/bug-check/tweak one at a time, but ALL of that should have been on Beta before ANY of it came live.

Personally I have 2 very different experiences with the new system so far

Human account:
108/100 provinces cleared,
got chapter 6 advanced scouts
scouted and fought in ring 7. Lost about 10-15% of troops to win an encounter.

Elf account :
134/100 provinces cleared,
got chapter 6 advanced scouts
scouted and fought in ring 9. Impossible to win, triple checked with live and using battle simulator.

So my human account is right where the Devs and chapter chest say I should be at, and fights are fine, and my elf is a full chapter "ahead" of where it should be and fights are impossible. That is how INNO has stated that it "should be", and it's working.

Note: I've only done steel on humans and elixir on elf, so it's possible that I could have different results with further testing.

EDIT: I totally forgot what thread I was posting in. I have no direct impact on inno profits, since I would never buy diamonds as it takes away from the challenge for me. I do however help run a couple fellowships with players that do buy diamonds, so I'd like to think I have an indirect impact on innos wallet. That being said, with "less than 0.2%" of players actually using the forums (as per a mod post) a call for a boycott here is ineffective at best.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1987

How do we know this when we only have 1 of 3 updates?

It has not been fully updated so how can we make this assumption when I am only playing with 1/3 of the toy box?

Auto fighting has not been updated yet.

It is very sad to say but my fellowship, for the most part, is doing fine unless they come to the forum and get infected in this cesspool of hate and anger. It saddens me to see so many good players get caught up in this... :'(

This has always been a game of puzzles... we need to work together to now figure this puzzle out. Sharing information and helping each other with the new battle pentagon etc...

The next updates are going to bring new troops and a new building. We will more than likely be thrown back in the research tree to open these... I am already preparing my FS for this. I think that these updates will greatly help the new fighting structure.
We know this, because the mods have told us that the devs are actively trying to punish people who conquered or negotiated through provinces whenever their repeatable quests told them to, rather than whenever they finished a chapter and were told they had to complete x provinces to progress to the next chapter. Basically anyone who did that will be unable to win in provinces by fighting for years, at the rate they are releasing new acts. What is the point of new troops and new buildings when the way they designed the game previously gave players rewards for conquering provinces, and in fact still does, but now they're making it impossible to win by fighting if you're so far "ahead" because the way the game still works pushes you to unlock more and get further ahead? That is boring. That is highly boring.

DeletedUser1901

This is why it was strange that they even released any of it on live servers. I understand splitting it into 3 parts so they can balamce/bug-check/tweak one at a time, but ALL of that should have been on Beta before ANY of it came live.

I do agree with this but I'm trying to keep a positive attitude until I see my dinner on the table :D

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Remember when you first started and reached a province you couldn't win because the enemies were too big, and you couldn't negotiate because you didn't even have tier 2 goods yet? Probably not, because it was always like that.

The devs made a mistake by not placing limits at each stage to control progression. Yes, you DO have to control your players progress, at least somewhat or else you get too many of your players at the end of the tech tree with nothing to do.

In the long run the game needs to have the orc limitation, and a fairy limit, and a dwarf limit. Give players SOME wiggle room, but not enough that they are effectively 4-5 guest races ahead. The only other way would be for inno to pump out a guest race every month, which leads to a whole new set of issues like new player intimidation.

TL;DR: Yes inno made some mistakes not seeing that players would progress so much faster than chapter releases. Yes, it did need to be fixed. Sorry it didn't happen soon enough for top players to not get stuck.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1094

I do not need to to sign anything, if this game is forcing players buy against their will when the game says Free play then all you need to do is leave the game. I buy nothing on the Internet been hit once no more, you can keep your game but you will only hurt yourselves as developers I will not support your game on my page and other browser game sites I am attached to. I will be watching like I always do and if I sniff a hit you are forcing me to buy I will leave the game, period.

DeletedUser4417

I do not need to to sign anything, if this game is forcing players buy against their will when the game says Free play then all you need to do is leave the game. I buy nothing on the Internet been hit once no more, you can keep your game but you will only hurt yourselves as developers I will not support your game on my page and other browser game sites I am attached to. I will be watching like I always do and if I sniff a hit you are forcing me to buy I will leave the game, period.

Noone is forcing anyone to buy anything. The game is the same static difficulty for p2p as it is f2p. Nothing in that regard has changed. Battles can still be won without spending a blessed cent to bypass them. The problem, so far, is that people have gotten used to the way things were and are not willing to give the way things ARE now a chance before they jump on the 'whine wagon.' This is step 1 of 3 upgrades and overhauls. Wait until 3 of 3 rolls out and is implemented and see how it meshes and lines up before you go crying about bans and boycotts over something.

DeletedUser2963

One of my favorite things about the game is the limited space. You really have to plan ahead to make it all work and fit and not get stuck. That is not a new feature of the game. It is an existing feature enhanced by things like...the lack of a warehouse to store buildings in....the constant shape change of buildings as you level them. The need for advanced planning in city development is one of the things that sets this game very much apart from other city building games. This update does not fundamentally change the game. It simply limits expansion by rolling over every province on the map. The addition of orcs already put the breaks on everyone below ch8. This update just spreads the speed bumps across every chapter.

DeletedUser3297

I am probably one of the few who really ike the battle changes. In all of my 5 worlds, I have been able to clear the provinces that were opend by fighting and it seems that fighting is a bit more fun (once they fix the sounds again)

There is some negative comments in a few of my fellowships about the changes, but I am also trying to show them the new ways as well.
People are always resistant to change, but more often than not - change is for the better. Everyone can still adapt and overcome what has been thrown upon you. This is starting to be a more challenging game which will be better for players in the long term who stay after all this is done.

Happy gaming everyone :)

DeletedUser4514

[QUOTE="Lionsmane, post: 27633, member: 4417"
Yes, you have to THINK and use strategy now and research a few extra things to get to where you were. Big whoop. [/QUOTE]

For myself, as a fairly new player (a month) this has not been by experience with this latest update. I did see and read the message from Inno games that the battle system would be changing. Probably due to my lack of experience with the game, I had no real concept of what it all would mean. After the changes, I find the game almost unplayable. ALL I can do now is collect coins and tools and eventually build something. Every time I attempt to win a battle, I fail miserably.

my squad size 24 - theirs 98
my damage 19-23 - theirs 61-91
my hitpoints 90 - theirs 152

I'll admit that I enjoy the 'city-building' aspects more than the fighting, but this game was different than others I've tried. With the detailed and interesting characters I was enjoying the battles. Maybe it's my lack of overall experience with war tactics and fighting games, but I cannot see how any kind of strategy is going to help me win with the above ratios. So now, the game has been reduced to collecting, collecting, collecting and waiting, waiting and waiting. There is not enough to do while waiting for coins, tools, resources to keep me remotely interested. The sheer volume of resources I will need in order to build anything resembling a suitable army is daunting.

Many mentions have been made of the fact the this is just the first of a 3-part update. What is the relevance of that point if the first update makes the game unplayable?

It is difficult for me to imagine how brand new players won't be quickly bored with this game. I understand that devs need to make money and I am willing to pay for some games, i.e. Forge of Empires. However, before I spend actual money on a game, I at least need to enjoy it enough to look forward to playing it. It is true that I was really enjoying the game the way it was. but it is NOT true that I am upset now because the game is a little harder or I have to research a little more. I am unhappy because, from my perspective, all that has happened is that the playable aspects of this game (building and fighting) will now take a ridiculously unreasonable amount of time. So yeah, I might be wining some because I was having a lot of fun doing a certain activity and then one day that thing suddenly became no fun at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4417

I'm going to throw out a wild guess here and say that the majority of those that are 'complaining' about the new updates are ones that are battle oriented. IE being the ones that rather than have a steady growth, choose to run out there with their armies and fight and fight and are now like over stocked on their conquered provinces. When it call for 100 you have more than what is called for. You do realize that the scout reduction tech does more than just reduce the cost to scout new provinces yes? It also reduced the amount of enemies IN a province per squad as well as what it might take should you negotiate it?

Your 'overeagerness' is what is causing your problem, not the update. The update merely brings about a measure of level to game play.

DeletedUser4417

I don't negotiate either, I have fought for the space I have. But I never went too far and all of my cities are progressing very nicely. Especially Arendyll, oh how I love my little town there :)
I have to say I have done a mix of negotiating and fighting. Mainly fighting for what I have.

Now here is a clue for some of you that have not figured it out yet. When you are in a chapter and the chest says 100/100, long before you get to it? That should be a clue for you that you are going way too fast on the province conquering and you need to slow up, concentrate on your cities and research your techs. This gives you a steady advance and makes it easier TO advance.

This is why it is easier for some to advance than it is for others that focus on a singular aspect. Yes, the fighting is fun but fighting is not all there is. Devs are not going to roll this back because you screwed up.