• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ban and Boycott Elvenar

Who will unite in a ban on purchasing diamonds until the new battle changes are rolled back?

• Total voters

DeletedUser2963

I have gone too far but I did not expand evenly. I reached out to discover traders. I am in chapter five and have hit orcs in a few places :). No hope there, none. In my furthest province my squad size is 279 vs 3570, and since it is at the orc wall, I can't even negotiate. Did I know I went to far....oh yeah. Will I continue too push out as far and fast as I can, oh yeah. I need the expansions! The speed bump and hurdles just make it more challenging, I like the change. And the Battle Pentagon is wonderful! Since I did not expand evenly I have provinces available in several different rings. I am actually having lots of fun with the new system, and cant wait for the new troops types.

DeletedUser3610

I'm going to throw out a wild guess here and say that the majority of those that are 'complaining' about the new updates are ones that are battle oriented. IE being the ones that rather than have a steady growth, choose to run out there with their armies and fight and fight and are now like over stocked on their conquered provinces.
You are wrong. Again. You are wrong every time you assume things about other players which is what you do all the time. You know who is "whining" (as you are so fond of accusing others of)? You and others like you who don't understand that other people have different opinions and have good reasons for hating the new fighting system. Rather than accept that other people disagree with you, you assume they are uninformed, don't understand the new system, are battle oriented, have conquered "too many provinces" (that's not a thing BTW and I don't care what Inno tells you ...) ect., even though you have no idea about them.

You do realize that the scout reduction tech does more than just reduce the cost to scout new provinces yes? It also reduced the amount of enemies IN a province per squad as well as what it might take should you negotiate it?
Yes, I do know that. For exactly the same time it's known to the players which is for just a few weeks. Do you realize that?

Now here is a clue for some of you that have not figured it out yet.
Do you realize how conceited you sound?

Devs are not going to roll this back because you screwed up.
It's not the players that screwed up, it's the devs. Even if you accept the ridiculous notion of scouting "too far", it's still the devs fault for allowing that to happen. Yet you blame the players who just wanted to play the game the best way they could ... They were asked to fight encounters, to get relics for the MA, to get boosting relics, to conquer provinces to get rune shards ect. by the quests provided by the devs, they tried to find trading partners, active players who could provide NH etc. so they could play the game better, but it's their fault in your opinion ... Are you able to empathize at all? It seems you're not, but you should at least try it ...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2963

See, there you go. You think the devs screwed up. Not everyone agrees. And as for the "ridiculous notion of scouting too far" not everyone agrees that its ridiculous. I did scout too far...as evidenced by scouting times of well over 24 hours. I am three chapters away from orcs, and yet knocking on the wall they put up (had to put up) to stop people like me. Am I mad that they put up a block, not really no. You and others are mad and I get that, but not everyone is. I knew exactly what I was doing, and I did it anyway, because I could. Now I can't, and I will have to go back to being much more careful with my city planning. That is fun too, imo. Its going to burn like acid when I have to delete some of my manufactories or warehouses.....but I will work thru that when the time comes.

DeletedUser3610

You think the devs screwed up. Not everyone agrees.
Is this supposed to be news to me? Because it isn't. I couldn't care less about it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.*shrug* What I objected to was calling criticism of the new battle system "whining" and assuming things about other players without knowing anything about them. Then I expressed my opinion about who "screwed up". You disagree. So what?

Calenmir

I wonder at times if people understand the difference in whining and being asked our opinions of the update (which was done in the different threads). We stated our complaints and are called whiners by other players. We aren't whining, we are stating exactly how we feel about what was done by the developers FAR AFTER they encouraged us to progress. The game encouraged you to gain ground - by offering options to buy diamonds, or just by moving along because they kept handing you buildings you can't build UNLESS you have the space. To get the space you need to conquer provinces or buy diamonds. Then slammed the door on you with this update. No I don't buy diamonds and won't, but the option to continue to progress was sitting out there like a carrot on a stick. AND NOW they want to say we moved along too fast.

Don't call us whiners because we don't call you suck ups. Try to understand why we are upset. This was fun and exciting to start out. Then you get addicted and keep coming back (all encouraged by the game). If the complaints of those of us who feel like they were sucked into this then had the rug pulled out from under us bother you please don't reply to these threads. We just want to be heard. Let us take that opportunity.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3297

I don't think anyone one any side really "messed" anything up, whether it's scouting too far or the battle design itself. This was more about creating a balance to the game so there will still be a game to play moving forward. Nobody needs all the available map to build a successful city, many people are very successful in the Orc chapter right now without using the entire map. If you complete provinces, you get expansions, you use those expansions to fill up with buildings, then (under the old system) you fight your way through and get every expansion there is and build up your city and then complain when the next guest race comes out that you have no room for them. Or you would complain that you have unlocked all the city expansions for the chapter but you can't place any because you fought your way through the map and got them all that way. Your only option would be to delete a lot of your city to make room for new things. Nobody wants to delete buildings, they lose ranking points by doing so. Now, you can still get those expansions, but only when they are actually needed in future chapters.

DeletedUser3610

Now, you can still get those expansions, but only when they are actually needed in future chapters.
Or you can buy them anytime you want ... which is what the devs are actually trying to force us to do with the update ('cause the orc requirement apparently wasn't enough to make us do that). Saying that it's about "balancing" is ridiculous, IMO, because it's clearly about greed.

DeletedUser4471

Posts were merged and a warning was issued regarding the multi-posting rule.
Another thing that SO MANY players don't realize is that the troops "weak vs. and strong vs." has been CHANGED! You have to learn this new logic to even closely be successful now so I suggest everyone take a look at this guide and try to learn the new battle pentagon.

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-fighting-guide.4205/

Being arbitrarily wrenched from a state where "provinces could be won with painful losses", to a state where "battle is an exercise in suicide for several weeks until you increase your squad size about 7 more times", is not something I consider acceptable. I enjoy the battles and am greatly motivated to get more space for my city. For me, the game seems reduced to ritualistic mouse rolling and clicking. Even if there are going to be future releases that fix what was just broken, why force everyone to endure the brokenness? It's poor planning, poor communication, and provides me with an opinion on how I think my participation is valued.

I find this particularly frustrating because I've already lived through the growing pains of two other games that have been made unplayable as "improvements" were made. I challenge the developers to permit me to think, or I will become bored and do something else with my time and money.

I don't negotiate either, I have fought for the space I have. But I never went too far and all of my cities are progressing very nicely. Especially Arendyll, oh how I love my little town there :)

I don't imagine that many who enjoy combat will take being told what is "too far" without feeling they're being condescended to. That's about the next worst thing to someone trying to tell you what you think.

DeletedUser4417

Posts were merged and a warning was issued regarding the multi-posting rule.
You are wrong. Again. You are wrong every time you assume things about other players which is what you do all the time. You know who is "whining" (as you are so fond of accusing others of)? You and others like you who don't understand that other people have different opinions and have good reasons for hating the new fighting system. Rather than accept that other people disagree with you, you assume they are uninformed, don't understand the new system, are battle oriented, have conquered "too many provinces" (that's not a thing BTW and I don't care what Inno tells you ...) ect., even though you have no idea about them.

Oh my, looks like the comment struck close to home for BluePanda. Did I assume? No. I threw out a guess and by your reaction it was pretty close to on the money. It was not an assumption. It was an observation based on the comments that had been made by a good number of posters on this very topic. The one who is assuming is you, as you claim I 'do it all the time' which is clearly not true. The one who IS however assuming is you as you claim things that are ~clearly~ opinion ie that conquering too many provinces is not a thing. You do this in spite of the fact that the people that DO know what they are talking about, namely the game developers, have stated it.

It's not the players that screwed up, it's the devs. Even if you accept the ridiculous notion of scouting "too far", it's still the devs fault for allowing that to happen.

Well, let's look at that just a moment. The Devs make the game and release it to be played. They don't tell you HOW to play or how not to play. THat is kinda left to the players to figure out on the fly. Is the Devs fault that some players chose to surge ahead and focus on fighting? Nope. So there goes your 'Devs screwed up' theory. Should the players have paid attention that the further ahead they got in provinces that the further behind they got in everything else and the tougher battles got and the more and more things cost, despite the fact that scouting advances were known to reduce this? Yes. So that places that squarely on the shoulders OF the players. IE that some players screwed up.

Yet you blame the players who just wanted to play the game the best way they could ... They were asked to fight encounters, to get relics for the MA, to get boosting relics, to conquer provinces by the quests provided by the devs, they tried to find trading partners, active players who could provide NH etc. so they could play the game better, but it's their fault in your opinion ... Are you able to empathize at all? It seems you're not, but you should at least try it ...

Empathy is not a problem. I do empathize with those players that are stuck in that predicament. Now, how about we turn the tables and YOU empathize for a moment. Or does it fail to register with you that had you and these players NOT surged ahead, there would be no real need to balance things out. That likely these changes that we are even now undergoing, would not NEED to be taken because people would have leveled up evenly in battles, in tech and production. It seems you don't... maybe you should try it.

I wonder at times if people understand the difference in whining and being asked our opinions of the update (which was done in the different threads). We stated our complaints and are called whiners by other players. We aren't whining, we are stating exactly how we feel about what was done by the developers FAR AFTER they encouraged us to progress.

Being asked an opinion is one thing. You state it once in a clear, concise manner and move along. That is an opinion. It it when, after stating that opinion, people come along and state that again. Then continue to bad mouth a dame and a group of people that provide a game and do so knowing that the update is incomplete. THAT is whining.

The game encouraged you to gain ground - by offering options to buy diamonds, or just by moving along because they kept handing you buildings you can't build UNLESS you have the space. To get the space you need to conquer provinces or buy diamonds.

Does the game make you buy diamonds? No. The offers are there day in and day out but nothing in the game is saying 'you must' buy them to proceed. There is no quest I have seen yet that requires you to buy diamonds. No quest that says you must buy a diamond only building. That is a player choice. Yes. The game hands you buildings as you complete technology. It takes strategy to redesign your city and to plan ahead to what you need and what you ultimately don't and how best to proceed. The game nor the devs 'force' you to gain ground, or fight or buy diamonds. That is done because players often become impatient with a given pace.

Then slammed the door on you with this update. No I don't buy diamonds and won't, but the option to continue to progress was sitting out there like a carrot on a stick. AND NOW they want to say we moved along too fast.

Slammed the door? Hardly as there are numerous players out there that are still forging ahead DESPITE the update and not doing it with that great of a difficulty. They chose well and planned wisely and got rewarded for not surging ahead and taking the easy low hanging fruit and easy reward. Carrot on a stick.. yes.. but that is the difference between a person that can rationalize, strategize and think and that of a person that gives in to a simple impulse and takes the easy route, always following.

Don't call us whiners because we don't call you suck ups. Try to understand why we are upset. This was fun and exciting to start out. Then you get addicted and keep coming back (all encouraged by the game). If the complaints of those of us who feel like they were sucked into this then had the rug pulled out from under us bother you please don't reply to these threads. We just want to be heard. Let us take that opportunity.

You are heard, but don't try to play this off on the Devs when you did this to yourselves by choice. Noone pulled the rug out from under you. You chose the allure of the easy path and are now paying that price where others, who chose the path that was more difficult and slow are now benefitting as things are now becoming balanced.

Calenmir

I don't believe I said they make you buy diamonds. I very clearly stated "by offering".

And also, if it is alright for you to repeatedly come back and tell people where they are wrong or that it is their own fault it should be equally alright with you for us to continue to voice our opinions. Oh, and if you are doing it repeatedly - doesn't that make it whining on your part too?

DeletedUser4417

I don't believe I said they make you buy diamonds. I very clearly stated "by offering".

Actually your quote was this:

The game encouraged you to gain ground - by offering options to buy diamonds, or just by moving along because they kept handing you buildings you can't build UNLESS you have the space. To get the space you need to conquer provinces or buy diamonds.

And also, if it is alright for you to repeatedly come back and tell people where they are wrong or that it is their own fault it should be equally alright with you for us to continue to voice our opinions. Oh, and if you are doing it repeatedly - doesn't that make it whining on your part too?

You might want to actually look up the word 'whining'. As I am not complaining, which is a key element in its description, kinda means I'm not.

whine
verb
gerund or present participle: whining
  1. give or make a long, high-pitched complaining cry or sound.
    "the dog whined and scratched at the back door"
    • complain in a feeble or petulant way.
      "the waitress whined about the increased work"

DeletedUser3610

@Lionsmane, thank you for confirming everything I said about you. You are assuming again. And you are wrong again. You don't understand half of what I'm telling you and ignore the other half. You apparently think the devs can do no wrong and everything they say is true. I have no idea why you are acting so high and mighty and I don't care to find out. Just one thing (because you clearly won't get it otherwise and I'm tired of your assumptions about me), I'm not one of those who - acording to the devs - conquered "too many provinces" or those who - as you said - "focused on fighting".*shrug* Sorry to burst your bubble.

They chose well and planned wisely and got rewarded for not surging ahead and taking the easy low hanging fruit and easy reward. Carrot on a stick.. yes.. but that is the difference between a person that can rationalize, strategize and think and that of a person that gives in to a simple impulse and takes the easy route, always following.
Wow ... This is one of the nastiest posts I've ever read on this forum.:( If this is what you call emphatizing I would really not want to ever see you not emphatize with someone ... SMH

I am not complaining
LOL

DeletedUser4417

@Lionsmane, thank you for confirming everything I said about you. You are assuming again. And you are wrong again. You don't understand half of what I'm telling you and ignore the other half. You apparently think the devs can do no wrong and everything they say is true.

Again, and try to grasp this, I and others observed what people wrote. Not my fault if you failed to do so. My words confirm 'nothing' about what you may or may not think. I at no point ever intimated the devs can do no wrong, that is YOUR assuming. You however seem to think that you know more than the devs who made the game. This is the core of your problem.

I have no idea why you are acting so high and mighty and I don't care to find out. Just one thing (because you clearly won't get it otherwise and I'm tired of your assumptions about me), I'm not one of those who - acording to the devs - conquered "too many provinces" or those who - as you said - "focused on fighting".*shrug* Sorry to burst your bubble.

There was nothing 'high and mighty' in there. It was simple facts, nothing more or less. If this had not hit home then you would not have reacted as you did.

Wow ... This is one of the nastiest posts I've ever read on this forum.:( If this is what you call emphatizing I would really not want to ever see you not emphatize with someone ... SMH

LOL

There was nothing 'nasty' in there in the least. It's simple facts. Sorry if that eludes you.

DeletedUser

I love that this game was lite easy to play and pass a little time on it and just take it easy.
Now its to munch time little reward for me.
so will probably quit .

Now its to complicated and time consuming i already games like that they change the philosophy of this game in a bad way.

DeletedUser4417

I love that this game was lite easy to play and pass a little time on it and just take it easy.
Now its to munch time little reward for me.
so will probably quit .

Now its to complicated and time consuming i already games like that they change the philosophy of this game in a bad way.
Actually they did not change the philosophy of the game. You can still fight, you can still research and build and negotiate. Only now there is more challenge to it. The challenge level increased, not the philosophy.

DeletedUser4417

You simply can't help yourself.*shrug* The answer is empathy, you should try it sometime.

You should really learn the difference between opinion and fact.

I do have empathy. Perhaps you should try it? I know the difference between opinion and fact.

Opinion
have conquered "too many provinces" (that's not a thing BTW and I don't care what Inno tells you ...)

Fact: They are the developers of the game and know more about it and what it is and is not, than you do.

DeletedUser

Anyway for me this game change to munch for me so probobly quit

DeletedUser4471

Oh my, looks like the comment struck close to home for BluePanda. Did I assume? No. I threw out a guess and by your reaction it was pretty close to on the money. It was not an assumption. It was an observation based on the comments that had been made by a good number of posters on this very topic. The one who is assuming is you, as you claim I 'do it all the time' which is clearly not true. The one who IS however assuming is you as you claim things that are ~clearly~ opinion ie that conquering too many provinces is not a thing. You do this in spite of the fact that the people that DO know what they are talking about, namely the game developers, have stated it.

Well, let's look at that just a moment. The Devs make the game and release it to be played. They don't tell you HOW to play or how not to play. THat is kinda left to the players to figure out on the fly. Is the Devs fault that some players chose to surge ahead and focus on fighting? Nope. So there goes your 'Devs screwed up' theory. Should the players have paid attention that the further ahead they got in provinces that the further behind they got in everything else and the tougher battles got and the more and more things cost, despite the fact that scouting advances were known to reduce this? Yes. So that places that squarely on the shoulders OF the players. IE that some players screwed up.

Empathy is not a problem. I do empathize with those players that are stuck in that predicament. Now, how about we turn the tables and YOU empathize for a moment. Or does it fail to register with you that had you and these players NOT surged ahead, there would be no real need to balance things out. That likely these changes that we are even now undergoing, would not NEED to be taken because people would have leveled up evenly in battles, in tech and production. It seems you don't... maybe you should try it.

Why do you sound like defensive developer? Go look at my city in Khelonar. I've been here 2 months. Tell me what I've "neglected". I challenge you - but then how much credence should I put in the words of a "New Member"?