• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Wonky Walter's is coming to Town!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Is there going to be a Halloween Event? Can someone say?
Yep, I already posted a guide =) HERE
Not sure if it is coming on the 24th, since that'd be really fast after Wonky, so probably released on Halloween, which means you won't have the buildings until well after I guess.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4195

This is what is stated in the VERY FIRST POST of this event - if you don't want to read what people have to say or if what people have to say is going to bother you (and it seems like it does, all the time) then don't read in the threads where they ask for feedback or opinions: "Please provide any feedback,..."

I've seen some nasty posts but you definitely win the prize this time!

ETA: And by the way, why is it that you can write a note that moans and complains about my post? At least my post was a bid to create even results for all players, your post is a complaint that has nothing to do with the end results of the event. Swearing at or about us and name calling is totally unnecessary.
"ETA"?? Estimated Time of Arrival??? I wasn't talking about your post, if I had been I would have quoted it. I was just saying in general how all people do is whine and complain and are never happy about ANYTHING. Quit trying to take my comment upon yourself and make like I was directing it at you to create drama. I'm not interested. You're right...I shouldn't have said shitty or tight ass...terrible curse words!! I edited them out.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser684

FEEDBACK: I just wanted to mention that these new leveled buildings open up the possibility of a new item quest/event/tournament reward in the form of a Level Up item for special buildings. I hope that you have something like this on the burner already, but if not... just wanted to put a bug in your ear.

SoggyShorts

FEEDBACK: I just wanted to mention that these new leveled buildings open up the possibility of a new item quest/event/tournament reward in the form of a Level Up item for special buildings. I hope that you have something like this on the burner already, but if not... just wanted to put a bug in your ear.

I think the easiest way to do this would be to add a quest at the end of an event
"Destroy a Wonky Walter Tent" and have the reward be a new Wonky Walter Tent which would, of course, scale to whatever chapter you are in now.

DeletedUser

Focus on building your city up. Within a few weeks time, you should be producing 1000/day. Join a good fellowship, ask questions. Yes, this questline is not going to be attainable for beginners, but it won't take too long to figure things out :) You may have come into this contest too late, but there are always more coming!

Quite honestly, if Inno can't tailor the event quests based on chapter, then you should be locked out of event quests until the end of era 2. There could be a tech in the research tree for unlocking event quests. That way new players won't get discouraged and leave.

Thanks, yes it is pretty discouraging :(

DeletedUser4615

Wonky Walter definitely is not for newbies, oh well maybe next time. :(

DeletedUser594

Wonky Walter definitely is not for newbies, oh well maybe next time. :(
Halloween follows right on its heels. Have a look at the questline and plan ahead. A good fellowship should help out with some imbalanced trades to get you through the ones that require goods. Now that the devs have found their groove with incorporating the quests there will be something going on every 4-6 weeks most likely

DeletedUser861

I just completed the Wonky Walters event on 2 accounts plus Halloween on beta...so tired. I clicked through it quickly and for the life of me cannot find the "plans" in the Buildings UI to build the dern tent. Of course I looked in "Culture". I think I am going crazy. Does anyone know where it is located. I feel like I am staring blindly out to space every time I look at the Game UI.

PS this event was tough for those who have played the game a long time as well. It is most definitely not for beginners but will come around again. =D

DeletedUser4714

I just completed the Wonky Walters event on 2 accounts plus Halloween on beta...so tired. I clicked through it quickly and for the life of me cannot find the "plans" in the Buildings UI to build the dern tent. Of course I looked in "Culture". I think I am going crazy. Does anyone know where it is located. I feel like I am staring blindly out to space every time I look at the Game UI.

PS this event was tough for those who have played the game a long time as well. It is most definitely not for beginners but will come around again. =D
I wish I could help you- just finished too and cannot find anywhere!

DeletedUser2870

I like the events and the rewards for the quests during that time.
I'll not be placing this tent though, doesn't look like the kind of thing I'll want in my city, but that's ok. I kinda like the challenge to get there,
Mostly annoyed with the 200 beverages and 120 simple tools quests, as I don't have the time to sit around for 3 or 4 hours to constantly reset the workshops. Some people have to work you know...meaning that quests like that slow me down enormously, by doing one set quickly before resetting them for the 9 hours productions because I can't look in all the time. This makes quests like extremely annoying since they are simple enough, but just too time-consuming.

DeletedUser

Quite honestly, if Inno can't tailor the event quests based on chapter, then you should be locked out of event quests until the end of era 2. There could be a tech in the research tree for unlocking event quests. That way new players won't get discouraged and leave.

Yes! Couldn't event quests like this be tied into researching Tournaments? Especially considering the "Gain 17 Relics" quest that I have no hope of completing without having Tournaments available...

DeletedUser3297

Exactly. All event quests should be unlocked as a tech, just like the tournaments were. If you are a new player, you have less of a chance at doing these than an experienced player who starts a new city. Experienced players have a basic understanding of what to do whereas new players might find the tasks too daunting and they may feel too much pressure to try to complete the quests that they give up on the game.

SoggyShorts

Exactly. All event quests should be unlocked as a tech
I can't say I'm a fan of this, unless it's at the end of chapter 1.

My beta account was able to complete the Halloween event with 7 days left, and I'm only 2 techs into chapter 2-- I would have been very sad not to be allowed to get such great rewards.

EDIT: Halloween only had 11 relics, not 17, but I'm sure I could have negotiated or fought my way through another province with the 7 extra days. Wonky was a little short for fresh newbies though.

DeletedUser3297

But like I had mentioned, it is easy for an experienced player to complete event quests on a new city. But for a new player just starting out that has no idea how to play the game? yeah, they are having the hardest time with it. Event quests seem to be coming up more often now, so the buildings you win today will be obsolete when the next quest is released.

What about all past quests? Would you be upset to never have a chance at winning a Father tree? New players can't because that event is over. But new players would have something to look forward to once they unlock the quest tech and have a better understanding of what to do.

SoggyShorts

Fair point re: past events, I'd just rather have the option to try even if it's hard. I know almost none of the player base uses the forums, or checks out the wiki. Most players are probably super casual, many not even logging in daily. For those that are very engaged, and look to the forums for tips--they should be allowed to give it a shot imo
EDIT: as for event items becoming obsolete, how great would it be if they started making quests like this:
"Destroy a Wonky Walter tent" reward: a new Wonky Walter tent scaled to your current chapter.
Make it the last quest in an event or something so it doesn't screw anyone who deleted it or never got it

DeletedUser43

I'm just so sad they keep having quests to make spells. That leaves out every player who won't build the magic academy. It is an ongoing punishment. :(