• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[16560] Chat box not working?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Hi, Letel. Yes, this is a known issue. See this thread to avoid duplicate threads about the situation:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/16560-chat-box-not-working.13172/
Thread was started in Sept 2017 and has posts discussing the various chat issues including a copy/paste of a beta server moderator post explaining their issue of needing to replace a chat socket server several weeks ago. For me, reloading the game usually fixes the problem, but I have to reload often.

DeletedUser3434

Its up and down on US 1,3,5 also. I'm sure they will get around to "fixing" this bug like they did to the set buildings.

CanDaMan

chat fails after a time while online, I think INNO is blocking usage to save memory for it's old servers, UPGRADE!

RainbowSKYEPIXIE

If this has already been reported; my apologies.

The "Chat" facility of a fellowship for the world Khelonaar usually does not work.
Before I post a ticket, wanted to know if this has ready been reported and if others are also have this issue.

Messages sometimes post in triplicate, but usually not at all.

Thanks.
My Chat is also not working (90% of the time). I keep having to refresh and that helps for a few seconds and then it's out again. I am also in Khelonaar, but it is also happening, the same way, to me and much of my fs's in Sinya Arda & Felyndral. Very frustrating because it does not say "Cannot establish a connection" most of the time you get to type the message but when you hit Enter Nothing .

RainbowSKYEPIXIE

The "Chat" facility of a fellowship for the world Khelonaar usually does not work.
Before I post a ticket, wanted to know if this has ready been reported and if others are also have this issue.

Thanks.
My Chat is also not working (90% of the time). I keep having to refresh and that helps for a few seconds and then it's out again. I am also in Khelonaar, but it is also happening, the same way, to me and much of my fs's in Sinya Arda & Felyndral. Very frustrating because it does not say "Cannot establish a connection" most of the time you get to type the message but when you hit Enter Nothing .

RainbowSKYEPIXIE

Thanks.
My Chat is also not working (90% of the time). I keep having to refresh and that helps for a few seconds and then it's out again. I am also in Khelonaar, but it is also happening, the same way, to me and much of my fs's in Sinya Arda & Felyndral. Very frustrating because it does not say "Cannot establish a connection" most of the time you get to type the message but when you hit Enter Nothing. .

DeletedUser14718

My Fellowship's chat goes down all the time. The only way to get it to work again is to restart the game. We miss a lot of messages because we don't restart our games all the time.

DeletedUser6326

I just lost a member who has been with us for two years due to chat problem and other game glitches/lag today. :( It really drags a lot of players down when they have to constantly refresh the game (which is so slow at refreshing) just to make it work. We've all tried all the different browsers, always clear our cache and cookies, always make sure Flash is updated, etc., etc., etc.
With every event/adventure/update and so on we just know to expect some problems nowadays. That's fine but I wish we could get some more clear communication as to what is going on and what is being done, when the game is having issues.
Most of us will keep on playing the game, even with all of the glitches. It's just so frustrating sometimes....and really sad when members leave because they can't deal with it anymore...

hlywd

chat not working in SinyaArda and Winyandor. tried refreshing 3 times. no use. Logged off then back on still says loading. Now messaging taking forever to load in SinyaArda. From what I am back reading sounds like this happens worse when there are events/tournaments going on. On US server

DeletedUser17402

Exactly how long is this chat problem going to drag out before someone actually takes the time to fix it? Perhaps if we spent less time rolling out events and mini-events non-stop and more time fixing the basic parts of the game, it would function properly.

DeletedUser9971

WHY IS THE "CHAT IS NOT WORKING" PROBLEM BEING IGNORED? ... Stazi said it well "Perhaps if we spent less time rolling out events and mini-events non-stop and more time fixing the basic parts of the game, it would function properly." FIX CHAT, FIX CHAT, FIX CHAT, FIX CHAT

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
WHY IS THE "CHAT IS NOT WORKING" PROBLEM BEING IGNORED? ... Stazi said it well "Perhaps if we spent less time rolling out events and mini-events non-stop and more time fixing the basic parts of the game, it would function properly." FIX CHAT, FIX CHAT, FIX CHAT, FIX CHAT
The problem that was originally reported in this thread 9 months ago was fixed. What we have now is a different problem (arguably, worse.)

WHAT is Discord?
It is a text and audio chat app, a bit like Skype, only designed by-and-for gamers with some extra features like break out rooms for other conversations and the ability to set priorities and security levels, so that some rooms are only accessible to some users. You ahve more control over how long the messages stay around, and you can share links and images.
https://discordapp.com/

DeletedUser9971

So WHAT is the timeframe on the Chat box fix? ... Remember, people pay money to play this game which won't continue if they quit in frustration. Please, an apx. timeframe...

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
So WHAT is the timeframe on the Chat box fix? ... Remember, people pay money to play this game which won't continue if they quit in frustration. Please, an apx. timeframe...
Nobody here knows any more than you. The developers don't reply to the forums (if they even look) and even the forum mods are volunteers with limited info. As frustrating as it is for all of us, we're not going to get any information about the problem until they're ready to give it to us.

DeletedUser6326

For the love of all Elvenar gamer's sanity, can the Dev's please read this frequently and/or let us know what in the world is going on? We heard that they were changing the third party who runs the chat....months ago....we heard that it's been re-set, many times.
Refreshing and refreshing over and over again is causing more and more players to flat our stop communication with fellowships and the frustration of TRYING to type in the chat is overwhelming.
We have the Fellowship Adventures starting soon over here and I don't think I should have to tell all of my members to join ANOTHER site (like Discord, which is a great idea) just so we can stay in communication. Messages are fine but not as easy to keep communications open with a fellowship.
Pleeeeease improve chat.

Last edited by a moderator: