• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[16560] Chat box not working?

DeletedUser4699

It is not only a problem with windows 10. Router reset is also not the problem. Chat worked (finally) for me for about 5 minutes the other day out of the blue, then right back to not working. There are no other devices in the house using wireless (no smartphones, tablets or anything).
/shrug. I'm not personally losing any sleep over it, just passing along information.

DeletedUser9812

Yeah I also have not been able to use my Chat bar in over 2 weeks now. Very frustrating. Also quite confusing as to why I use the same operating system and browser to run all of the worlds that I'm in but it's only happening in Sinya Arda. It's made it quite difficult to communicate with FS. I sent in a ticket about a little over a week ago with a response of we're working to fix this, but it doesn't seem to even be happening to everyone in my FS. Would be nice to get this fixed.

DeletedUser6326

I run seven fellowships (one in each US world) and have noticed that a lot of players were having lag with the chat, earlier this week. Today seems to be much worse for more players in each world. I'm wondering if this is a glitch that may have happened when the Valentine's Event was rolled out on Wednesday.
Our fellowships are now using the messages to communicate with each other. Pretty frustrating but at least we have that option, for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6326

Also, I noticed this announcement, when trying to send a ticket to Support. :(

"Chat Connection
Dear Humans and Elves

We are aware of intermittent issues affecting our chat services. Our development team has been working to resolve this issue, but at the moment there is no estimated time of resolution.

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team"

DeletedUser8493

My chat has not worked at all for some time now. It just says it can not connect to chat. I would really love to be able to chat with the other members of my team. Please help I have tried internet explorer fire fox and chrome to see if that mattered but it did not change. Thank you

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
:)
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/16560-chat-box-not-working.13172/
Link for sticky thread in the bug report forum re: Chat not working. This thread was started in early September 2017
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/can-you-chat-in-game-on-your-pc-mac.14578/
Link to thread in the general discussion forum re: Chat not working. At post #20 @Jackluyt brings over the text from their facebook group with a set of directions for a possible fix. This thread was started in early December 2018

There are other threads started on this subject, but they have been archived to try to keep the relevant conversations in a single bug report thread. The general discussion forum also has other threads, but this is the one with other players giving possible steps to correct the problem. I believe I read somewhere that chat is from a third party, not a direct Inno product. This could make a fix more difficult/time consuming. They don't seem to be ignoring the problem, they just can't fix it themselves and appear to need the fix from the third party company. It would probably not make business sense to change providers to correct this problem when they are probably looking at providers for chat to integrate with the migration away from Flash (and IMO, if they're not, they should be, lol!)
Maybe the possible fix will work for you; it doesn't seem to work for everyone.

DeletedUser6326

Yeah, I agree. This has been an ongoing problem since I can remember (for well over 2 years).
We (my fellowships and I) noticed that it seemed to affect almost all of us again, after the Valentine Event came out, last Wednesday. Most of us weren't having any chat issues before then.
I'm just bringing it up in case others noticed the same and maybe there could be some sort of confirmation as to whether this is a new chat problem or tied to the ongoing problem.
Whatever it is, I hope it's getting worked on and I appreciate all that the Dev's do for the game and its players. :)

DeletedUser11644

maybe the powers that be don't plan enough events to run simultaneously. i bet if they ran 2 tourneys and 3 adventures at the same time, the magical number 5 would cause everything to fix itself, and support staff could take off 4 or 5 days a week. throw in a couple of diamond sales campaigns twice a week, and they could probably whittle it down to one day a week or every 2 weeks. i bet since they have ALSO added elementals and since they have all other bugs worked out, the company MAY be able to lay off half the staff! :rolleyes:

but, on a serious note..... FIX IT!!!

if i managed to repair PCs (my business) with the same Elvenarnian Finessement, i could just go ahead and retire.... since i would no longer have any customers anyway, :mad:
i no longer care if ya fix it or not, think i may take a day off, or a week, like Kophish. do you guys do email notifications, maybe drop me a line when ya'll manage to round up BOTH of the Hallowed Troubleshooting Recoders, and they finish grumbling around about having to work weekends and grousing about raises and actually FIX the flipping Thing! how hard can it be... even Faceblock keeps chat!

and i don't think cache and cookies and browsers has anything to do with it. it has went out thousands of times (well, maybe just hundreds that seems like thousands) and i have never cache cleaned, served milk with cookies, of chained my browser, and it always managed to come back, albeit erratic.

ok, got it out of my system, i feel better now.

DeletedUser3602

I and many of my FS members that play on us4 server, world Khelonaar, are having issues with Chat.
Not loading, not being able to post messages, no exclamation mark when there are new messages or exclamation marks when there are none. Has been going on for about 5 days now...

DeletedUser10771

Problems with chat are affecting game play & trading, it is starting to become a real irritation now to keep having to refresh ,as you don t know if someone has replied to you ,or whether it is your own chat that has frozen.

DeletedUser15073

Started for me yesterday on US3 with the chat issues. Sometimes I enter something and it loses chat connection, retype and nothing several times over. Reload the game get 1-3 posts out do some gaming, and again the chat craps out.:mad::mad::mad: Even play first then try to reply in chat and fails galore:mad::mad::mad:

Valtitude

maybe the powers that be don't plan enough events to run simultaneously. i bet if they ran 2 tourneys and 3 adventures at the same time, the magical number 5 would cause everything to fix itself, and support staff could take off 4 or 5 days a week. throw in a couple of diamond sales campaigns twice a week, and they could probably whittle it down to one day a week or every 2 weeks. i bet since they have ALSO added elementals and since they have all other bugs worked out, the company MAY be able to lay off half the staff! :rolleyes:

but, on a serious note..... FIX IT!!!

if i managed to repair PCs (my business) with the same Elvenarnian Finessement, i could just go ahead and retire.... since i would no longer have any customers anyway, :mad:
i no longer care if ya fix it or not, think i may take a day off, or a week, like Kophish. do you guys do email notifications, maybe drop me a line when ya'll manage to round up BOTH of the Hallowed Troubleshooting Recoders, and they finish grumbling around about having to work weekends and grousing about raises and actually FIX the flipping Thing! how hard can it be... even Faceblock keeps chat!

and i don't think cache and cookies and browsers has anything to do with it. it has went out thousands of times (well, maybe just hundreds that seems like thousands) and i have never cache cleaned, served milk with cookies, of chained my browser, and it always managed to come back, albeit erratic.

ok, got it out of my system, i feel better now.
Chat is still a problem for me and I've attempted to help other players who don't have Chat, either.
I'm using a VPN and still having problems. If I use Chat once, the game freezes and I have to reboot - game only, not the browser or computer. Still, I don't wanna do that all the time, so I don't use Chat.
Someone in the beta forums suggested setting a specific port in your router for Flashplayer. I haven't tried this.
Lowering, but not dropping router security settings altogether, made somewhat of a positive difference for several players.
Clearing Flashplayer cache does nothing. I updated Flashplayer again, the other day at Adobe's behest.
I completely hear ya about how silly and ridiculous this is.
Fortunately, I can live without Chat. FS has to deal with me and Messages. Oh well ...! :rolleyes:

DeletedUser6326

My groups are now having issues with their messages being delayed too. Communication is pretty important for a fellowship. This is getting frustrating. I've been playing Elvenar for 2 1/2 years now and try not to complain but we do need to have communication available for our fellowships. I wonder what's going on. I hope it gets fixed soon!!!!

DeletedUser15025

Not just the chat box. I have trouble with chat on US5 &6, messages too, game kicks me out every 3 mins or so. Tried all browser I could think of, no difference. This started on Thursday for me.
I am having the same problem....

Oh come on Inno! This has been an intermittent problem for ages now. In view of the amount of time and sometimes money we invest in these games I would have thought the means of communicating with fellowships members would have been high on the list of priorities. I'm getting sick of rebooting, which doesn't always fix the issue anyway, and when it does it's only temporary. We're a chatty fellowship and it seriously spoils the enjoyment of the game.

giphy.gif

DeletedUser15825

I have never been able to use chat on PC. I was able to use chat on mobile, but now I can not even access mobile version of the game. It will not even load so I do can not say if the chat there works or not.