• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Adjust spire set goods output

Adjust spire set goods output

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AtaguS

Just a side note for this that may make this a little less likely to happen, but for those of you not in chapter 16 yet, or do not have a maxed main hall in chapter 15 to look at next level requirements, the two main hall upgrades for chapter 16 require 1 million and 1.3 million scrolls. So be careful not to shoot yourselves in the foot by getting all the excess scrolls taken away before you need them. Also, there are researches in chapter 16 that require 400-500k scrolls each, so I really think Inno took the scrolls overload into account when they wrote chapter 16.
Asking players to use more scrolls on one or two techs late in the game is a poor fix for the imbalance in my opinion. And a temporary one at that. It still doesn't help scroll boosted players as the other players could just use their moonstone libraries to reach those scroll numbers. Or...perhaps a day of trading scrolls.

On the other hand, how about letting the player select the goods produced? You get a library, you check a box as to which you wish to have and now you have it. Perhaps you could even change it by putting it into storage and taking it out again? Flexibility of production and nobody needs to lose what they have. Hmmm..... I even like this idea! LOL.
Haha! It is a nice dream but wouldn't this create even more imbalances? What's next...5 million of a good to open a tech? Where does it end Inno....where does it end? :p :oops:

Deleted User - 1178646

My main issue with NOT changing the current buildings is that it doesnt increase the problem, but it neither solves it.
People who do not need scrolls because the set already give it to them stay in that position indefinitaly.

therefore I do not want it to be solved with a new set, as this might make the trouble only larger, now you have players that have both sets and do not need to trade ever again,
I notice this at my "superset" (a special variation of the harvest set in main main city) it produces 500K of t1 a day of all 3 types, as a result I pretty much never trade T1 goods at all.

The main difference is that there are like 5 players still playing with a "superset" (the variant that makes you ignore the market), the moonstone library set is way way way more prominent, and with a new set you get another prominence.
You now create a subset of players who do not need to trade any T2 at all ever again, I do not think that would be a wise solution to the current problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pheryll

Set Designer
Unless I missed something, here's what's needed for chapter 16.

TOTAL
:marble: 3430k :steel: 3100k :plank: 3420k
:crystal: 2090k :scroll: 3030k :silk: 2100k
:elixir: 1520k :magicdust: 1520k :gem: 1520k
Moonstone: 925k Platinum: 920k Tree gum: 1170k
Obsidian: 815k Arcane Ink: 820k Royal Velvet: 805k
Silly Soap: 680k Alloy Shrooms: 700k Cosmic Bismuth: 690k

It seems that chapter 16 does require higher amounts of scrolls and tree gum. Whether or not this is meant to account for a goods imbalance in the game, I couldn't say.
You are only looking at the tech costs here. The main hall requires 2.3 million scrolls for its two upgrades.

Yogi Dave

My main issue with NOT changing the current buildings is that it doesnt increase the problem, but it neither solves it.
People who do not need scrolls because the set already give it to them stay in that position indefinitaly.
My last word on this is agreement with @CrazyWizard A new set doesn't fix the problem of the current imbalance which this set has caused and will increase as time goes by. The longer it takes for this to get to the devs, the more outrage will be expressed with the usual "Everyone will quit the game" claims.

@Kekune I like the rewording of the idea. It seems very clean and clear to me, though I do get tired of the "it will take development time". Everything takes time, but it should be minimal in this case. I wouldn't remove it from your list though.

I like scrolls. I give them to my orcs to burn and they love the fires.
how about letting the player select the goods produced?
Both of these made me smile. An orc joke and an entirely new interface suggested in one post. Comedy and guts. :p

Sunnydae

OK I am SOOOO sick of these Spell fragments! I am wasting GOODS for what? not even worth my time anymore.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
New update note on Beta today:

We replaced the needed settlement resources for the city expansion technologies in Chapter 15 with scrolls, so that players who have skipped these optional technologies can still unlock them when they are playing in later chapters.

So another small, niche use for those excess scrolls.

Yogi Dave

People skip city expansions??
LOL My initial thought, but I have known people want to get into the next chapter right away so the coming event buildings are in that chapter. I don't know if anyone actually forgot to go back and complete them. That would only be a problem if guest race goods were required, thus making it impossible to get back too. If so, this doesn't help those people, just those in chapter 16.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
LOL My initial thought, but I have known people want to get into the next chapter right away so the coming event buildings are in that chapter. I don't know if anyone actually forgot to go back and complete them. That would only be a problem if guest race goods were required, thus making it impossible to get back too. If so, this doesn't help those people, just those in chapter 16.
Not quite the same, but we had a member quit for a week or so after entering fairies in a rush for an event without finishing the final city expansion.

They still had the Dwarf Portal, but PP spells would no longer produce dwarven goods, so they had to go rebuild factories and manually create all the goods to complete it.

Kekune

Does anyone think the scroll requirements in later chapters rise to the level of a "con"? I certainly don't think they're a reason to keep the set as it is, and it sounds like others agree. Should I add a con to the proposal like "may affect balancing of goods in later chapters" or is it not worth including?

Deleted User - 1178646

sounds nice on paper, but it doesn't even make a dent in reality.
It does not solve the problem in any way, shape or form.

symptom relief not a solution is not the way to go

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The devs just throwing more scrolls into upgrades only adds to the problem of balancing. I say they adjust the amount of scrolls needed (which they never should have increased in the first place) and then follow kekune's proposal on switching it to a boost plus 1 (or plus 2? I never see plus 2). Anyway, I like the proposal and would vote for it.

Deleted User - 1178646

The Aureate Phoenix from the Phoenix 2019 event produces T1 goods of boost, boost +1 and boost +2. There may be others, but that is an example.

Thats not really a +2 but a +1 and +2,

I don't like how they are treating the wound, it symptom treatment instead of fixing the festering wound itself

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The Aureate Phoenix from the Phoenix 2019 event produces T1 goods of boost, boost +1 and boost +2. There may be others, but that is an example.

The Mermaid and Gingerbread evolving buildings give all three goods of a tier when evolved far enough.

And a couple of the old sets have buildings that give all three goods of a tier when enough links are established, the way the Main Dock in the Air Trader set does.

So there have been several, and will probably be more.