• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3468

There is some good that has come from this event, at least for me. I am one of those "gotta play, play now, get it done!!!!!" obsessive players with multiple cities in multiple worlds who in all past events has had lists and charts and planned everything out so I could get the most out of the Event. It was hectic; insanely so. I was on the game all the time getting stuff done to complete the next quest or prepare for the ones after it. Even with the last "random" one, I could plan in groups based on the level of reward I was getting.

Now we come to this event where we have to use factories and workshops that are upgraded to a specific level (per Inno) to be of any use. No more small level 1 factories, no level 1 workshops, and in some cases, a need to upgrade my current factories and/or workshops just so they could be used at all for the quests. The "random" quests are far too frequently repeating rather than random and the whole event is a a slog. Now I don't have to be online playing all the time. I may check in a couple times a day. No lists, no charts, no advanced planning because it's so boring that it's not worth the bother. So thank you, Inno, for allowing me such a relaxing time. Who cares? Why bother? So what if the cubs are cute? That just means I only need to "evolve" them a couple times so I don't need all of the evolving thingies.

Note: Yes, this is me being sarcastic, just in case you hadn't noticed.

GlamDoll

Yup...I've given up too! I've given up a couple of days ago in my small cities, I can't even accumulate 300keys in those, so why bother, what can you win with such a small amount of spins?

Yeah...Nails it on why I haven't even logged in any of my cities, other than my main now. Just no incentive alone would be bad enough. Unfortunately, it's even worse, in regards to there being an Event going on!

I have trading partners, as well as a number of players, that give me NH, on a rather consistent basis...and it's an extra "sting" to me, that I basically went inactive (about a month now) with my other cities...In truth, I am doing good to hang in there with Glam. I am sure of how invested I am, in her city, is the only "tether" I can see clearly, at this point.

How IG "killed two birds with one stone" for me in one fatal swoop is amazing to me. I am angry & impressed by it!

I used to have so much fun with designing my city & playing Events...

Never thought I'd say it, but indifference in regards to this Event is front and center for me, with playing the game, being a close runner up.

If all Events to come, are going to be like this one....Sorry, had a panic attack. Hate having nightmares, especially when I am awake.

:(

Last edited:

shimmerfly

than random and the whole event is a a slog. Now I don't have to be online playing all the time. I may check in a couple times a day. No lists, no charts, no advanced planning because it's so boring that it's not worth the bother. So thank you, Inno, for allowing me such a relaxing time. Who cares? Why bother? So what if the cubs are cute? That just means I only need to "evolve" them a couple times so I don't need all of the evolving thingies.
i double like this! Thank you.:D

GlamDoll

How is it possible that every single quest is either vision vapor or encounters. Once I got past the initial list that is all I see. It is very frustrating. We need some balance in the quests to make any headway.

Sadly, it seems, we only have one poor-lonely soul working on Events NOW....

The latest report that came across my desk????

The indentured servant has not only been chained to their desk, but also has their eyes taped WIDE OPEN, along with toothpicks, for good measure.

The only "plus side".....This "trooper" is being fed intravenously, with the strongest coffee known to humanity, so that they can toil away 24/7 to bring us this riveting new iteration, AKA, an Event!

Surely it is possible to mix it up a bit?

As ironic as it may sound. Just nope! @.@ That would require us to go back to how events have been, AS well, as how much fun they have been....and last I heard from humanity, nobody likes going backwards in our ever persistent march towards progression....

If anyone can make the "wheel" more round, I am all but convinced, IG is the only entity that can pull it off.

On a personal & serious note from me....yeah, I have to agree with others...it is Feth/gak and so on.

:(

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I don't know if they used the same "random" source for chest openings as they did for quests, but results were quite unexpected.
I don't track things nearly as closely as you do, but it certainly *feels* like things are a bit off in the rewards. I've tracked keys used/extra keys/dailies won from chests in one city. I use your 'optimal strategy' calculator; this time put in 1 for GP (left all others blank) and follow the resulting chart of chests. My goal is to get a lvl 10 brown bear in spite of the craziness of this event, so this made sense to me. At this point, here's where I am:
7636 keys used
630 (part of the 7636) extra keys won
21 dailies
8 Artifacts
7 GP bldgs
The dailies feel about right to me, but the extra keys seems very low. GP/Artifacts seem low as well. At this point, next up is a GP bldg, so I'll need 40 stars to achieve my goal. I'm sure I'll get there with over 2 weeks left in the event; that's not an issue. The only issue for me is this event is not fun. I was really hoping to reach my goal so I could start ignoring it...

Risen Malchiah

The reason it effects us more is that we already have some of our usual production diverted to making sentiment goods, as an example I have 6 Marble, and 2 are making a sentiment, leaving me 4 to work with for production and the Event.
If your normal T1 boost is marble, then your boosted sentient is steel. You don't want to make sentient goods with your marble factories unless you absolutely have to since your steel factory will produce 7x more sentient goods.

When I was at a lower level I had 7 of my tier 1 boost factories. As you advance you need sentient goods to advance your city, which means deleting tier 1 boost factories and replacing them with tier one sentient factories. And of course as you upgrade your factories they increase in size. Right now I have 3 tier 1 boost factories (which is more than most at my level, 2 is really all you need). So, for me to make 4 - 9 hour tier 1 items it takes me 18 hours. That is the disadvantage.
I don't encourage deleting a T1 factory to add the T1 sentient. The drain on T1 goods is significant enough to keep your T1 production going. Otherwise, this adds to the imbalance of the server and helps explain why there are so many T3>T1 cross tier trades. (Certain set buildings are another reason.) I had 4 T1 factories going into Elementals and by the time I got to Amuni, my T1 supply was decimated. I ended up going with *more* T1 factories, not fewer. So now I have 6 T1, 4 T2, 4 T3 (though this can probably go down to 3), and 1 of each sentient tier.

Of course with lots of event buildings over the past year that yield goods, I suspect that's why players have sold some of their factories. Going forward, it would appear the strategy will be to have extra factories & workshops for events, then teleport them out for FA or extra settlement space.

DeletedUser23049

Congratulations, Inno. You broke the game. :cool:

Yeah, you can contact support to advance the quest but unfortunately, another quest with a similar requirement will likely come up again, which means asking support again. The game truly isn't like this all the time and is still worth playing, so hopefully this doesn't give you a bad impression.

But seriously, Inno... this should *NOT* happen.
Come on Inno ENOUGH is ENOUGH with this dreadfull event we got 16 more day's of this bullcrap--- FIX it.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Repeating these so that I can keep everything together in a new post, and they are spoilered anyway, so no one has to look at the old ones. :)

Quests 30-59

Gain a big amount of coins
Gain 200 spell fragments
Produce 3 toolboxes
Produce 4 advanced tools
Gain 3 enchantment items
Solve 25 tournament encounters or 5 encounters
Produce 4 baskets of groceries
Buy 10 KP
Scout, research or gain 15 VV
Produce a fair amount of marble
Produce 4 baskets of groceries
Gain 7 relics
Buy 10 KP
Recruit a stack of units
Recruit a stack of units
Spend 10 KP
Buy 10 KP
Solve 3 Spire encounters or 3 encounters
Solve 25 tournament encounters or 5 encounters
Produce 4 advanced tools
Buy 10 KP
Spend 10 KP
Produce 3 marble mosaics
Recruit a stack of units
Gain 7 relics
Recruit a stack of units
Gain 3 enchantments

Quests 60-89

Produce 3 toolboxes
Gain 9 relics
Gain 9 relics
Gain 4 enchantments
Produce 7 bread
Produce 6 advanced tools
Recruit 2 stacks of units
Gain 5 vision vapor or research a tech
Gain 9 relics
Scout, Research or Gain 15 VV
Gain 9 relics
Complete 35 tournament encounters or 7 encounters
Produce 3 toolboxes
Gain supplies
Complete 35 tourn enc or 7 enc
Produce 6 advanced tools
Gain 300 spell fragments or Scout a province
Produce 5 marble mosaics
Scout, research, or gain 15 VV
Produce 3 toolboxes

Quests 90-101

Gain 11 relics
Complete 45 tourn enc or 9 enc
Gain 11 relics
Gain 11 relics
Scout, Research, or Gain 15 VV
Gain 11 relics
Recruit 3 stacks of units
Gain 400 spell fragments or Scout a province
Complete 5 Spire enc or 5 enc

Quests 102-117

Complete 5 Spire enc or 5 enc
Gain 5 enchantments
Produce 9 bread
Produce 5 toolboxes
Gain 11 relics
Gain 6 VV or Research
Gain 11 relics
Gain 11 relics

And with Quest 117 completed, I have collected the 9th artifact to max out one Bear. I cannot give an exact key amount spent to get there, as I did not track things that closely, but going from my estimate in a previous post, I would guess at least 8000, but less than the "average" amount of 8500 that elvengems estimated.

I would have gotten there a day sooner, but I got stuck in a really weird situation that delayed me for a day completing one of the Gain 11 relics quests. It was Saturday night, I had most of a province to complete to give me 8 of the 11 relics. I was three days away from a scout finishing and 2 days before the steel tourney started. Two days of help chests gave zero relics and four crafting batches in a row did not have a single "Craft 5 relics" choice until I finally got one to craft Sunday night. That was an odd and frustrating wait.

Foldedspace

I think I'm close to being done too. I've done 2 quests in 2 days. This will be the first event I haven't finished since chapter 2. :(

Bring back sets.
Bring back pre-set quest lists so we could plan.
Bring back events that don't completely stall my city's progress.
Bring back the enjoyment this game used to give.

I'm also speaking with my wallet. Got a 100% offer this weekend. It's the first time I haven't purchased it. Ever.

Risen Malchiah

I think I'm close to being done too. I've done 2 quests in 2 days. This will be the first event I haven't finished since chapter 2. :(

Bring back sets.
Bring back pre-set quest lists so we could plan.
Bring back events that don't completely stall my city's progress.
Bring back the enjoyment this game used to give.

I'm also speaking with my wallet. Got a 100% offer this weekend. It's the first time I haven't purchased it. Ever.
I would love to see sets come back, though remember how frustrating it is to have all but 1 of the pieces for a set? Or if a set piece shows up too early and you don't have enough event currency yet? Ugh. So, yes I'd like to see more sets in the future (and a re-release of previous sets would be awesome). But let's not abandon evolving buildings completely. Some are really quite powerful (like the Fire Phoenix and the Brown & Polar Bears).

I don't expect them to bring back pre-set quest lists. They've said it's their intention for us *not* to have spoiler lists, so the best we can do is insist on some quest balance. Not having quests repeat in a loop would be an excellent start. And having more quests tailored to our chapters would be great. (There is NO reason whatsoever that a player in ch 1 & 2 should ever see a quest involving the Magic Academy or Spire since they can't access either of them!) Now this doesn't mean I want to see quests asking us to gain ginormous amounts of sentient goods! :eek: Just have them scaled appropriately. The troop, goods, coins and supply quests do that and other quests should scale as well.

But I understand what you're saying about speaking with your wallet. Sadly, I also passed up the 100% diamond offer this weekend. I thought about it, but I'd be a lot more compelled if things weren't so wonky right now.

Black watch

I'm done. Turn me over. My brain is fried
Just got about the 15th Scout/VV/Research.
I refuse to do another one.
I'll collect what drops and use up what I've saved but no more scouting or making Scrap from crafting.
@The Unbeliever I know what gak is now and I've had enough. :oops:

On my third scout a province for the day... they spread one of them out and I had a decent run of other quests in the middle that I was able to do because of the tourney... But... 49:21hrs of scout without the benefit of having one in progress and I've decided not to use my hard earned time boosts on this one... I only have a few left anyway.
This event is just not meshing with the game and the varied cities and styles of play. It's obviously causing a great deal of agrevation and there is no communication. It's a lose lose in just about every way.
I wish they would just go back to the old way and just put a cap on the amount of prizes to be had or offer unlimited play at a much higher level for the advanced folks that are looking for that sort of thing.
They've pretty well failed at this event and I'm looking at 2 bear artifacts in storage and I just raised my keys to 1043. Seems like chicken feed to me, especially for all the effort and disruption.

I'm close behind you Shimmerfly.... :)

Risen Malchiah

@Black watch With almost 50 hrs left on your scout, it's definitely better to craft something for the 15 Vapor. It might take all day to get enough, but it's better than 2+ days on your scout. Of course, if you're running low on Catalysts like I am, then you're still forced to wait unless you have time boosters or an inkling to do the Spire.

Black watch

I just went over the event list by Tomatohu and Enevhar Aldarion and can't remember when I got a quest for my goods production. I know I've a beverage and a couple 9 hour ones, but they were really early in the event.
I've got tool boxes waiting and they only came up once so far.
Most of my quests, by far, have been scouting, relics, VV, troops and tourney stuff.
Yeah, this sucks.

Black watch

@Black watch With almost 50 hrs left on your scout, it's definitely better to craft something for the 15 Vapor. It might take all day to get enough, but it's better than 2+ days on your scout. Of course, if you're running low on Catalysts like I am, then you're still forced to wait unless you have time boosters or an inkling to do the Spire.

Yeah, I'm geared up for that... I'll have to go in and wreak what havoc I can...
I'm also crafting so I know what I'll be doing.
Thanks for the note... It's always good to hear good advice.
:)

Alistaire

I would love to see sets come back, though remember how frustrating it is to have all but 1 of the pieces for a set? Or if a set piece shows up too early and you don't have enough event currency yet? Ugh.

That's easy though; you treat sets the way they've been treating artifacts in these last 2 events, so as long as you're able to participate enough overall you won't miss a piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.