• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 3932582

I'm probably the only person who's kinda upset that the frequency of workshop quests got reduced. Why? Because I'm probably the only person past chapter 5 who's got 15 current-level workshops in their city. lol
No, you're not the only one. People just don't realize yet the magnitude of the nerf that just happened (and no, I don't have 15 leveled WS - not even close). Here is my repost from the EN forums:

Just when I thought that we can't get any more "improvements". Outside of the magic WS change which made perfect sense, the rest is just terribad. So we would be getting 30% less of 24h WS quests. Well, you're also getting 30% less of 5min, 15min, 1hr WS etc quests that you could skate through quickly. So even that change might be a negative just for aggregate WS production. And adding insult to injury, you will also be getting higher chance of getting other blocking quests. Awesome!

But the real kicker is the drop of the cap from 188 down to 80. Do you realize that currently one hits 80 points pretty early - quest #67 to be exact (maybe it will get adjusted, who knows)? So basically, once you reach the steady state on points, you will need to do more than 2x quests to hit the same total point output. Let it sink for a moment. This means 2x+ more for all the blocking quests - such as - tada! - 24 hour WS, as well as others. Still think you're getting ahead with this change?

I am not easy to impress, but I am impressed. Bravo. /sarcasm

BTW, the cap indeed starts at quest #67, it's already on live - I just hit it.

qaccy

That may be the case but there should be no quest that requires a new player to contact support because they haven't unlocked the research yet. New players (not experienced players with new world) wouldn't even necessarily know to do that since many don't come to the forum. This is just another example of Inno not thinking things through completely (I'm being generous here and not accusing them of being greedy and wanting us to buy more diamonds) and instituting quests or quest requirements like the new one on factories. Any quest that a level 1 player can't complete because they haven't gotten to the research to complete it (like vision vapor) should be and "either/or" quest with something they can complete. No message to support should be required.

I've speculated that situations like this are the reason why event quests lack variety. The last time we had an event that had quests asking for T2 and T3 goods, the same exact thing happened on another server that was new at the time: Complaints poured in from players who couldn't produce these goods yet. I hate that this seemingly led to Inno simply not including requirements like this again in events, because it pretty much limits quests to completing encounters, producing T1 goods, and producing from workshops. Can't really include stuff related to crafting, T2 goods, T3 goods, mana, seeds, orcs, or sentient goods under the current quest system and that's more than half of city production for advanced players. For the sake of chapter 1 players, events are even more boring for late-game players. Hopefully Inno can think of a way to address this at some point.

Arkadia

I also like @TomatoeHu 's suggestion for this. I really do not want to do more encounters than what my research requires. I would prefer the encounter/tourney encounter quest be dropped in favor of the gain relic quest as they are pretty much the same thing other than gain relic you have a couple more options on how to complete it as well as being able to use a combination of crafting, NH, tourney and encounter to do one.
Otherwise, the OR spire OR tourney quests should only appear while those events are active:)

Definitely a few bumps and pain points. Still working on getting a few things leveled so they work for the quests :(

:eek:
encounter and gain relics are not the same

I stopped doing quests yesterday when i got to the "Gain 5 relics" cause i refuse to keep scouting and battling on map (yes, my choice), and the tourney didn't start yet. But I could have easily do Spire encounters, and yes crafting would have been an option IF any was available to be crafted, which was not the case. Not even gotten ANY relics for NH...surprise! any other time we keep getting relics, except when a quest calls for it....same goes for spells too... has anyone noticed? it's magic! ;):confused::eek::p

I definitely like the multiple option quests! makes me happy when i chose my way of completing a quest! even if it may be more difficult, or costly, but it's my choice, so it's more fun! :) and that why we're here, right? ;)

and yes, I agree.... the Spire and tourney choices only appear when those events are active!

You should note that there is NO requirement to use a 'current or -3 current chapter', so Lv.1 turds work just fine...

I didn't see the note of "no current level of..." which is irrelevant, since this event requires the current levels, which imo is a good thing

Early chapter players who have scout times of only a few hours can scout. Late game and/or over-extended players can take the 24hr production option and save time. (and with the ability to use Lv.1's to complete the task, you can have 10-15 workshops sitting around with toolboxes ready to collect.)

No, i don't want to go back to the gazillion shacks in my city.... players who's cities are full can def not build them, and its ridiculous!

qaccy

Actually got fairly lucky for once having a scouting quest come up just before my current scout was done. But wouldn't you know it? Not to be ignored, the game promptly followed up with another scouting quest to ensure that my good fortune was meaningless. Looks like I might be spending this event joining those who have their kryptonite quest showing up in their nightmares for the duration of the event!

Deleted User - 312108

@Enevhar Aldarion Nope, not to chapter 12 yet, not for a very long while :) when I get to sentient goods, then yes, I'll probably add the non-boosted that is a sentient good.

@Arkadia I know gain relics and solve encounters aren't exactly the same but they do significantly overlap on how you gain them, especially as a craft relics option isn't always available in the MA so to gain relics you get lucky via MA or NH or else you do encounters or tourney... then you get a solve encounters/tourney quest which means you are doing more of what you already did :) My ideal would be one or the other or neither nearly as frequent as they are.

@Fairy Dust The main issue with it not being announced earlier is that it was a huge change in how the event worked. Many players are not able to participate simply because they are working on leveling workshops or factories. I don't mind the change, but it did take adjustments and redesign of city. Again, the lack of time between beta and live makes the events seem buggy and rushed.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Be that as it may, it is a horrible policy, especially when you unexpectedly (for those who don't participate in the forums or beta) change the rules of gameplay, significantly, and effectively pull the rug right out from underneath your customers. (I know that 'you', personally, have no power over any of this, but you are a representative of InnoGames)
Technically, each event has its own rules and conditions, so there have been no changes. It's just a different event to past events.

DeletedUser24270

Produce marble mosaics 3 times with a manufactory from your current or previous chapter? what specific level do we need I am not into guessing

DeletedUser24270

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please take a moment to let us know what you think about our Autumn Zodiac event!

We hope you enjoy it and we look forward to hearing what you think!

Kind Regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Produce marble mosaics 3 times with a manufactory from your current or previous chapter? what specific level do we need I am not into guessing

Shellizzie

OK, I love the events and I don't even mind the rotating quests, but this is ridiculous!
1. Scout a province, research a tech or gain 15 vapor
2. Scout a province, research a tech or gain 15 vapor
3. Collect troops
4. Scout a province, research a tech or gain 15 vapor

Scouting takes 78 hours. I am done with all tech and I don't have anything in crafting unless I want to spend 3 blueprints. This is not random!:mad:

kctanzen

I'm probably the only person who's kinda upset that the frequency of workshop quests got reduced. Why? Because I'm probably the only person past chapter 5 who's got 15 current-level workshops in their city. lol

To re-iterate what MinMax said ...

This, along with the reduction in key rewards is a *huge* issue / roadblock.

Because it means there are going to be more quests involving relics / encounters / vapors or some kind of tier 1 productions.
So .. more long runs or totally relying on the luck of crafting options or the great fortune to have relics / encounter quests come up when the tourney and or spire is active. Not to mention challenges posed by the random factor in the crafting menu.

It has been said before, by others more eloquently spoken and with even more in depth technical knowledge ---- Beta testing is for identifying problems, from the software side, functional side, and user experience side. What In The Heck can possibly be gained by rolling out an in process Beta event to Live -- without the Beta event finishing to evaluate those problems and feedback first?? On the fly changes stresses everyone (designers, developers, support staff, and users) without really satisfying anyone involved in the process.

Except I answered my own question -- it might 'inspire' players to spend diamonds / money for the event that wasn't well designed / bug checked in the first place.

qaccy

@kctanzen I'm having this suspicion lately that beta simply doesn't have enough players for one reason or another, which could be the reason why stuff seems to leave beta before it's 'ready'. With a lack of feedback/data from the beta server, it does make sense for things to be pushed to the much larger live servers even if things aren't quite perfected yet. Inno has to keep things moving, but sadly that means with or without a proper testing process first. Unless more people take part in beta, this may be a continuing trend.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There are some tables starting here that should help

I would love to have a city in Beta -- but I don't have the visual stamina / time to manage 2 cities and I am certainly not giving up my main city in Live. :)
Beta could stand to be a lot more enticing. Things like a few extra land expansions, lower prices in the store, or even just starting cities with 1000 event currency for each event would probably increase the participation for testing. "Come play where if you don't like something we'll fix it after it's too late to help you" is not a big drawing card.

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
@kctanzen I'm having this suspicion lately that beta simply doesn't have enough players for one reason or another, which could be the reason why stuff seems to leave beta before it's 'ready'. With a lack of feedback/data from the beta server, it does make sense for things to be pushed to the much larger live servers even if things aren't quite perfected yet. Inno has to keep things moving, but sadly that means with or without a proper testing process first. Unless more people take part in beta, this may be a continuing trend.

For not having a lot of players, the forum sure produces a lot of feedback.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
For not having a lot of players, the forum sure produces a lot of feedback.
The two are barely related. I had to create a city on beta to participate when I wanted to post a feature suggestion. Now I log in once per new event to get a description of the buildings, and check out the forums on a semi-regular basis. My city is useless there, because it was forced on me and there are no advantages to playing it.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The two are barely related. I had to create a city on beta to participate when I wanted to post a feature suggestion. Now I log in once per new event to get a description of the buildings, and check out the forums on a semi-regular basis. My city is useless there, because it was forced on me and there are no advantages to playing it.

What I am saying is the workshop back to back issue was reported on Beta almost immediately, the number of encounters required was reported almost immediately, the vapor substitute for scouting was argued if it was to high. Elvenar waits until the event goes live to try out a different balance that more than halves the event currency for those who make it to the final tier of quests. The feedback is there. Whether or not there are a few players on Beta, Elvenar just does not know what to do with feedback.

Black watch

I don't think INNO's listening/reading or paying attention to this/us... so in essence, it's a case of why bother...

Risen Malchiah

@Fairy Dust The main issue with it not being announced earlier is that it was a huge change in how the event worked. Many players are not able to participate simply because they are working on leveling workshops or factories. I don't mind the change, but it did take adjustments and redesign of city. Again, the lack of time between beta and live makes the events seem buggy and rushed.
Yeah, this is such a fundamental change in the mechanics of the game, which is likely permanent. And as I've said before, I think the level requirements are a good thing.... BUT, such a major change should not be implemented without notice. It's about having respect for your players.
Quests and quest mechanics are not announced ahead of the Events. It just happens that they are shared by players on our Beta servers.
It is astounding to me that when the *main* contention is the lack of information ahead of time, the response is effectively "We don't do that." Innogames doesn't have to share quests and quest mechanics. Just be more transparent about forthcoming changes. An in-game announcement a month ago that future events *may* require buildings that are leveled up would have been sufficient.

The in-game announcements are rarely used outside of events and they are the perfect place to announce changes to the game. The lack of communication is really starting to worry me as it is the death of many online games.

Again, I *agree* with the changes. Just not with blindsiding players with them.

kctanzen

My most recent 'randomization' example....

First of the post 30 quests = toolboxes
then scout / research / vapor
followed by another scout / research / vapor
followed by 5 encounter / 25 tourney
and then .. ANOTHER scout / research / vapor

Am up to 12 quests since randomizing began ...
Not one workshop quest after the first toolbox
But 8 total scout / research / vapor
One collect 7 relics
One more encounter / tourney

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.