• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Behind the Scenes: Upcoming changes for Tournament

Gath Of Baal

Other than significantly increased losses. There are charts in the beta thread showing about 4x the squad size, so even doing 4 instead of 8 encounters will increase your losses.

I might loose more troops, but I have more then enough to go around.. I was one of "those people" who had a super huge army before the combat change... I have not had to run my barracks since the change but I'm sure not to many people fall into this category.. The numbers have dwindled over the course of all the tournaments and I'm sure I will have to start to build back up again someday. It just gives me a goal to work towards again, making another huge army :)

Thank the elvenar gods that I do not have to feed, pay or provide a health plan for my troops..

But yes, I can see how this will effect others, the extra loss of troops per engagement will add up quickly.. But for me in the short term I only see a time saver for my own situation... Long term, yes I can see my self frustrated at my barracks not being able to keep up with my losses every tournament, which will probably lead to me only doing every other tourney or only my boosted tournaments to give me time to rebuild...

DeletedUser3122

I really hate to hear a smaller player apologizing that they can not do more to help out

It pains me to hear them apologize too, and I do all I can to encourage them. Just, if we don't know what they need help with, it's not possible to help. If they can't fight or cater, that's one thing. If they work a lot of hours and just don't have the time, I can totally understand that too, and I let them know. But being part of a FS means teamwork. It's not only receiving benefits, it's also giving in return. I don't do anything to make anyone feel guilty, I have always been encouraging. But I have to be honest, it sometimes feels like being unappreciated or that I do more, and I don't like how that feels either. It's not a one way street, in other words.

Someone in our FS suggested that if everyone only did 2 provinces in a tournament, for all 6 rounds, we could make really big achievements. I'm happy to say that we have 15 people participating to some degree, which is encouraging. But everyone here knows, we will never be able to get 25 participating, so the treasure goals will be impossible to achieve. That is discouraging for me, and makes me not even take the tournaments seriously anymore.

I mean, other than tournament points for ranking, I don't really need the tournaments anymore. Once you get your full boosted relics, and the AW runes you wanted and don't plan to build more AWs, what else does the tournament do for the high level players? So I mostly participate so that lower level players can get the treasure, and then when they don't really participate on top of it, what reward is there?

I'm not meaning to sound like whining, just that Inno should have a better strategy for player engagement at all levels. Perhaps if someone does not contribute enough tournament points, they get smaller prizes, or the higher point earners get worthwhile prizes. I don't really have an answer, I only know it's not as rewarding of an experience as it could be, for low nor high level players really.

DeletedUser2963

People don't take well to being urged to participate, let alone required. Only a handful of us in the FS contribute in any meaningful way, and we carry the bulk of the load for everyone else in the FS that gets to claim prizes but didn't really participate. I don't know any solution for that either. I don't like feeling resentful that I put in all this time and energy into a tournament while others only do one province and nothing more, just to get the treasure that others earn.

I do not get this.

In my FS tournament participation is strongly encouraged....whenever it pops up in chat I nag everyone to complete one round to one star so they can get the FS rewards. It baffles me when players express guilt for doing this. If they don't grab it it just gets tossed out. Why would I want that? Why would they? The rewards are there, get them!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3696

I sure hope the cost doesn't increase - if it does it all but means past level 4 I'm done in tournaments. At the 7th province out in the 4th level it costs me on average about 7k of each tier resource (or about 150k worth of tier 1) and that's per battle, so multiply that by 8.
Take into account they are halving our battles per province, but doubling the number of troops and catering cost so that won't change the overall catering cost of a whole province.
I will wait 'til later today to see what the catering cost of 5 stars is, but I can't imagine it's less ;)

Add to this that individual rewards are going down and I'm not sure what incentive I have to participate other than there is nothing else in this game to do!!! I'm in a top 20 FS and we have yet to get the 4th chest. I hate the idea of leaving my current FS just to get a few more irrelevant rewards in a tourney, but the choices I have aren't exactly exciting.

I think they should revert back to the original format of tournaments and just tweak the pts needed to reach the checkpoints. They also need to let us go by 700% factory boosts. Everything else in the game continues to scale except our boost %?? Well I guess are meaningful amount of city size is being reduced as buildings get bigger and demands on the space increase. The amount of space you have as you progress gets less and less, especially when you consider how much guest race space you need.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Take into account they are halving our battles per province, but doubling the number of troops and catering cost so that won't change the overall catering cost of a whole province.

Just a warning it is not half the provinces and double the costs. This was a misunderstanding on the part of the players when beta started. The cost increase does not state it is related to less encounters but related to province losses/costs. They are using technology (was provinces) to calculate this now so the increase for a person will vary a lot based on their individual situation. Just do not expect to see a doubling of costs.squad sizes as it won't happen (unless by shear luck), that is why some people had 4x or 11x cost increases for certain provinces.

If you want some good insights into the reasoning for certain changes in the new system read the first post by Muf-Muf in the beta thread
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...es-version-1-25-tournaments-rebalancing.7523/

DeletedUser3122

I do not get this.

In my FS tournament participation is strongly encouraged....whenever it pops up in chat I nag everyone to complete one round to one star so they can get the FS rewards. It baffles me when players express guilt for doing this. If they don't grab it it just gets tossed out. Why would I want that? Why would they? The rewards are there, get them!!!!

While I agree with you, and our FS has been encouraged, you can't force anyone or guilt them into doing it. If they don't want the rewards, what can one do?

We seem to be living in a world where everyone is hyper-sensitive and I just don't like to rock the boat. Live and let live is all one can do.

Arkadia

The new EPL 'Everything You Need to Know About Tournaments' Note has been published, with screenshots and graphics based on the latest Tournament new-style in Beta.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/elve...ed-to-know-about-tournaments/1821471361464312

Please read it and make suggestions if you see errors, or ideas I have left out!!
Please feel free to share the file, and to use all the graphics and screenshots.

Well......if those r the new changes.....I have to admit i'm not too excited about them!
Does Inno understand HOW to MOTIVATE people?
It doesnt look like it lol
those rewards......seriously

and i dont even know how the battles will work, what the cost is getting those "rewards"

oh dear....

DeletedUser6372

In effect, this spells the end to the single-person guild being a viable Tournament strategy. However, it makes more reasonable participation levels viable for contribution.

With the new rules, merely hitting 4 star in two provinces will produce more Tournament Points than completing 1 tournament at 6 star.

This means that the changes will benefit a 'casual' guild far more because you don't need to complete all six rounds of a tournament to meaningfully contribute to the FS as a whole. If you hit one province at 5 star, then two more provinces at 4 star, you've just contributed 500 points, roughly, to the FS's advancement. 20 players do this, you have enough to hit your Tier 5 reward. Then if the higher level players hit, say, 5 provinces at 5 star participation each, that's 1,000 points each. So if 10 players contributed 1k and 10 more players contributed 500, you've hit Tier 6 and 25 KP per person in the guild who completed at least one round in the Tournament.

In other words, completing all six rounds of a province's tournament is no longer necessary to help your guild along. Just participating once a day will net you a potential 5 star participation, which is still 210 points, and still useful to the guild.

DeletedUser6372

I ended up with almost no losses in my first round... I guess that I was well outside the GZ, then. Of course, I got lucky with favorable enemy troop composition. Mostly I dealt with dogs and the orc heavy ranged guy, with maybe one mortar for 'fire support'. Which did NOT fare well against my treants. I actually cleared several provinces without sustaining ANY losses. But those were relatively low-end battles where I was only able to field maybe three treants per stack.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The troop size for my era 2 towns dropped from 36 to 6. Which is nice and why they say it is easier for early towns. What they did not mention...
  • Still no access to correct troops so still crazy hard to compete in most tournaments unless catering.
    • Only 3 of the 9 tournaments use light melee and light range as main troop type which are era 1/2 troops. When heavy melee is obtained this improves to 5 out of 9.
  • catering costs are now astronomical going from approx 3000 gold, 500 supplies and 10-15 T1 goods to 4,500 gold, 1,000 supplies and 250 T1 goods. These numbers were checked on 2 towns (one elf, one human) and is the total cost for a province.
These numbers are only round 1 so it gets worse from there. This has not made tournaments easier for early towns it has made it near impossible now.

As to later era towns, anyone who has started orc era but not yet up to the upgraded armory is stuffed, as they will not be able to cater tournaments without orcs.

There are positives to the tournament but the above is 2 issues that really hurt players in those situations.

DeletedUser3312

Yes because the changes are trying to match your world map province costs/losses. This is why for many people the price went up, interestingly for those past the goldilocks zone they potentially get a helping hand as catering is no longer ties to provinces but I am sure this is situational.

I'm past the GL zone and my costs are enormous to cater. And today when I played in the new tourney on live server, each cater also required orcs. I spent over 6,000 Orcs on 4 provinces with 4 caters each and over 10,000 elixer. did not track the other costs. But will tomorrow.

DeletedUser4778

The troop size for my era 2 towns dropped from 36 to 6. Which is nice and why they say it is easier for early towns. What they did not mention...
  • Still no access to correct troops so still crazy hard to compete in most tournaments unless catering.
    • Only 3 of the 9 tournaments use light melee and light range as main troop type which are era 1/2 troops. When heavy melee is obtained this improves to 5 out of 9.
  • catering costs are now astronomical going from approx 3000 gold, 500 supplies and 10-15 T1 goods to 4,500 gold, 1,000 supplies and 250 T1 goods. These numbers were checked on 2 towns (one elf, one human) and is the total cost for a province.
These numbers are only round 1 so it gets worse from there. This has not made tournaments easier for early towns it has made it near impossible now.

As to later era towns, anyone who has started orc era but not yet up to the upgraded armory is stuffed, as they will not be able to cater tournaments without orcs.

There are positives to the tournament but the above is 2 issues that really hurt players in those situations.

Hm, no orc catering cost for me yet but that might be because I have yet to finish Advanced Scouts. Regardless, the costs are too much and the rewards are too skimpy for me so I guess my tourney days are over. Thank goodness I'm already at max boost. Guess my Magic Academy will be even less magical than before when it runs out of relics to power spells.