• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Behind the Scenes: Upcoming changes for Tournament

DeletedUser2522

This is a terrible mess, the changes are ridiculous.
The purpose of changing the tournaments was supposed to bring FS together. Now all you've done is tear them apart, only boosted players are bothering to participate. The non-boosted are playing one round to get the rewards that everyone else worked for which is causing hard feelings.

I'd love to see non-boosted players participate but... The rewards are pretty bad, nobody wants a spell as a reward (ok, the broken shards are a nice addition) but non-boosted play for KP and you took them away!

I played province 1-12 day one and two to help out... It's cost me two hundred thousand supplies to constantly rebuild units that I didn't have to do before and cater costs are INSANE for what we get in return. You made fighting ridiculous as 8 of 10 landscapes have my units backed in a corner being slaughtered.

I tried to be very positive about this and get everyone together to play but I can't ask players to forfeit thousands of units or 10's of thousands of product, for nothing.
Why is it that every time you fix something you screw it up 100 times worse than it was? Now, nobody wants to play, good going!
With all due respect to the Devs, you are totally out of touch, you don't have a clue.

DeletedUser3312

Today seemed to be better. catering costs were still crazy high from the first tourney, but the number of orcs required went down considerably. The prizes were also better today.

DeletedUser2963

Some people in orcs do not need orcs to cater, and some do. Anyone hear back from support? Is this a bug, and if not when does it kick in?

DeletedUser7223

The new changes are great. It creates all kinds of room in your city. Since you can't fight on the map if you agressively expand and now there is no use fighting tournaments, once you max boosts, your mercenary camp and training grounds are useless so they can be sold. Once you use the new space to recover your points then you probably have amory's you not longer need so more room. Plus since you not longer need to build troops or cater tournaments you have a lot more supplies so it looks like down the road you can get rid of a couple of workshops so more freed up space.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The non-boosted are playing one round to get the rewards that everyone else worked for which is causing hard feelings.
Why is it causing hard feelings? Nobody loses anything. I've told everyone in my FS that they should do one province to one star in every tournament because they might as well get some free stuff that costs nobody else anything?
Some people in orcs do not need orcs to cater, and some do. Anyone hear back from support? Is this a bug, and if not when does it kick in?
If the design described to us is correct, and the encounters are based on your progress re squad research, then presumably the people who have not taken all the optional squad research will be hitting easier enemies than those who have.

DeletedUser4778

...uh oh :(

Does anyone know where in orcs you need to be for this to kick in? news on if its a bug.

?Did they demand orcs? bug? plz

Entered orcs hours earlier and just did tourney an hour or two ago. Nope, no orc demand for me yet and hopefully never. I will be doing only 1 more province tomorrow so I hope they won't demand orcs because there is no way I can produce them.

DeletedUser2522

Why is it causing hard feelings? Nobody loses anything. I've told everyone in my FS that they should do one province to one star in every tournament because they might as well get some free stuff that costs nobody else anything?

I agree in part, when it was when impossible to get chests everyone should have done at least one and get something. Now when there is "supposed" to be a better chance to open many more chests as a group your thought is just promoting players to not join in and be lazy, let the others open them for me! You can't have a group effort without having a group effort

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6372

I'm in the later half of Chapter 3, so I've already unlocked Sorceress, so I now have a flexible unit composition I can send into the fray.

I find the stack size is *SIGNIFICANTLY* lower than they used to be. I'm looking at somewhere between 10 and 30 stack size, which is ridiculously low considering my 'normal' stack size of 114. As a result, losses are trivial to replace. In fact, there was one in which I was dealing with some puppies, a mortar, and some of the heavy ranged orcs... sent out five stacks of treants, didn't lose a single one.

These fights are MUCH easier to do than before, and considering I only just now hit the 30 provinces to clear the chest for the beginning of Chapter 4, I don't think I was all THAT far out of the GZ.

I've also noticed more Tier 2 goods (Crystal) needed, which isn't a bad thing. Heck, I was trying to figure out what to do with my Tier 2 goods.

So far, at two rounds of four tournaments completed, I'm finding my progress significantly easier than in previous tournaments. AND, because of how the point spread works out, getting all six rounds and 'completing' a province is no longer critically necessary. 4 star is still 150 points and 5 star is 210. Sure, the full 6 star is 270, but it's nowhere near as lopsided as the previous (750/1500/3000), so contributing to 4-5 star in more provinces is going to be more valuable than only contributing in 1-2 provinces but completing them, which is a complete reversal from the way it used to be. This means you don't HAVE to get your timings perfectly to hit that final all-important round.

Also, the KP moved from personal rewards to FS rewards. Tier 2, 4, and 5 net 5KP each, Tier 6-8 net 10 KP each, 9 and 10 net 15 KP each. So while each person individually isn't getting as much KP for completing provinces from their personal rewards. And with the new re-balancing of the tournament points, if you were hitting Tier 4 reward (15 KP each), you should be able to hit at least Tier 5 (15 KP each), but pushing beyond that can net huge rewards for the whole fellowship, since each tier is +10KP each.

Running some preliminary numbers:

Achieving 4 star in 4 provinces, and 5 star in your closest will net you 800 tournament points. If 20 players do this, you hit 16,000 TP which is Tier 6 and 25 KP each. Hitting 5 star in 5 provinces nets you an even 1k points. If 20 players do this, you hit 20k which is Tier 7 or 35 KP.

To hit Tier 10 rewards for the full shebang and 75 KP per participating FS member, you will need 40k points from the fellowship. This boils down to 2,000 points per person for 20 people, which boils down to either 10 provinces at 5 rounds completed per person or some combination of equal numbers of tier 4 and tier 6 around some tier 5 completions. Obviously, if you have all 25 FS members contributing, things get easier, as you only need 1600 points, which is only 8 provinces at 5 star each, or some even combination of 4 and 6 star completions with the mean of 5 star completions.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I agree in part, when it was when impossible to get chests everyone should have done at least one and get something. Now when there is "supposed" to be a better chance to open many more chests as a group your thought is just promoting players to not join in and be lazy, let the others open them for me! You can't have a group effort without having a group effort.

How about you and I work together and I go to the boss and take credit for your work. How would you feel?
How about we don't use a false equivalency to make it look like I'm losing something instead of getting (at worst*) exactly the same runes, kps and spells as I would if you didn't participate?

* And at best, a whole-nother chest or two that we wouldn't have got if 20 people didn't participate at all so nobody has to pretend they got scammed.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I agree in part, when it was when impossible to get chests everyone should have done at least one and get something. Now when there is "supposed" to be a better chance to open many more chests as a group your thought is just promoting players to not join in and be lazy, let the others open them for me! You can't have a group effort without having a group effort.

It kinda depends on your group though, doesn't it?
Some fellowship are hardcore about advancements, and those should care more
Some fellowships are more about helping their low members catch up and advance, those should care less.

I'm sure there are both kinds of fellowships and everywhere in-between that are looking for members, just find one that suits you.
How about you and I work together and I go to the boss and take credit for your work. How would you feel?
Nonsense. Closer would be putting in extra work so that all of your crew can be finished early. If you resent that, get another crew. (since it's a game and not a job, that should be pretty easy)

Mykan

Oh Wise One
So, needing orcs to cater has more to do with the ring that the tournament province is in and not the chapter a player is in? Can anyone confirm this? Ring 11+?

I doubt it relates to the ring of the tournament province, there is definitely something inconsistent with it. I got it in ring 1 province 1 and had only researched Advanced scout, portal and squad size 24 (80% of SS24) and I got orcs to cater from the start.

As to world map rings I need to count but only did minimum provinces in a circle to get to orcs.

Also, the KP moved from personal rewards to FS rewards.

No they haven't, you do not get more KP in fellowship rewards now than before. There was 75KP available as group rewards before and there is 75KP available as group rewards now. The flattening out of province points and redistribution of the KP has made some of it more achievable but tht is very situational. They have stated that they gave us lots of "mediocre" rewards for tournaments because they couldn't give us the rewards they wanted until now. Also clearly indicated there was too much KP available in tournaments previously.

DeletedUser2963

Also clearly indicated there was too much KP available in tournaments previously.

I can't argue against this. I want to, I am going to dearly miss the kp, but it was excessive before. I think I will be hitting around 21 kp with the individual rewards(give or take). So still good just not when compared to before :). I love the broken shards. Don't care for the spells, but the teaser about new spells was very interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2522

How about we don't use a false equivalency to make it look like I'm losing something instead of getting (at worst*) exactly the same runes, kps and spells as I would if you didn't participate?

Ashrem,
It's great that you go through this where everything is flowers, pixie dust and the bright side of life. I'm very happy for you, I really am but in real life I can't tell people how to feel. If players sit it out and others feel taken advantage of because they would like to see more of a team effort, that's their right.
This is NOT a case of a flawed FS, this is a case of players being fed up with the Devs taking the fun out of the game.

I came here to give feedback and right or wrong it's not your place to tell them they are right or wrong. It's people like you that have to try and squash the way people feel just because it's not the way "you" feel that make this forum a hard place to come and give feedback.