• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Behind the Scenes: Upcoming changes for Tournament

DeletedUser2963

This is NOT a case of a flawed FS

I would agree, it is not a case of a flawed FS. Its a case of a player being in an ill fitting FS. That does not make the FS or the player flawed. Any player who resents FS members for not participating enough would be happier in a FS with that has specific tourney requirements. Why stay in a FS where you think your mates are lazy and taking advantage of you? Down that path lies drama. Players who feel this way have three choices. Get over it, move on, or torment the FS.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Ashrem,
It's great that you go through this where everything is flowers, pixie dust and the bright side of life. I'm very happy for you, I really am but in real life I can't tell people how to feel. If players sit it out and others feel taken advantage of because they would like to see more of a team effort, that's their right.
This is NOT a case of a flawed FS, this is a case of players being fed up with the Devs taking the fun out of the game.

I came here to give feedback and right or wrong it's not your place to tell them they are right or wrong. It's people like you that have to try and squash the way people feel just because it's not the way "you" feel that make this forum a hard place to come and give feedback.
We have different philosophies of our obligation to the rest of our species. I think it's everyone's job to tell other people to suck-it-up when they are being unreasonable and whiny.

I've already posted that I think the changes to the tournaments are poorly implemented. That is an entirely different thing from people thinking they are being short-changed because someone else got a better deal than they did. If they don't want someone freeloading off their effort, they should find a fellowship which will kick out any players that don't contribute as expected.

DeletedUser2522

We have different philosophies of our obligation to the rest of our species. I think it's everyone's job to tell other people to suck-it-up when they are being unreasonable and whiny.

I've already posted that I think the changes to the tournaments are poorly implemented. That is an entirely different thing from people thinking they are being short-changed because someone else got a better deal than they did. If they don't want someone freeloading off their effort, they should find a fellowship which will kick out any players that don't contribute as expected.

This has nothing to do with being short changed, you're reading what you want to read.
And once again, here you are being the feelings police!! YOUR version of unreasonable is the ONLY version of unreasonable that exists!!
And once again, YOU are the reason most players refuse to come to the forum, YOU are nothing but a bully.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
This has nothing to do with being short changed, you're reading what you want to read.
My bad, what did you mean when you wrote:
The non-boosted are playing one round to get the rewards that everyone else worked for which is causing hard feelings.

And once again, here you are being the feelings police!!
I am doing no such thing. Anyone is allowed to feel whatever they want. I don't feel like I have to coddle them.
YOUR version of unreasonable is the ONLY version of unreasonable that exists!
Nope. I specifically said we have different philosophies. You think I shouldn't speak out against attitudes I think are unreasonable. I think I should.
And once again, YOU are the reason most players refuse to come to the forum, YOU are nothing but a bully.
First, you've never said that before, so I'm not sure why you are saying "And once again."? Secondly, I think your assertion that I'm the reason most players refuse to come to the forums is not only false, but slander. Thirdly, I am all kinds of things (indlucing, but not limited to: pedantic and irritating), but I'm pretty sure bully isn't one of them.

I understand the urge to call people a bully when they make logical arguments you have trouble refuting, but it doesn't actually make it true, not do I feel like I have to encourage it by acquiescing to spurious attacks.
*spits coffee on self* Its a civic duty is it? lol
Both a duty, and a pleasure.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I am all kinds of things, but I'm pretty sure bully isn't one of them.
This is true, my underwear is like this as a fashion choice, and has nothing to do with wedgies.

PA: "I don't like this, players are getting rewards that they didn't help earn. This makes me sad, and needs to be fixed."
Ash:"Helping others makes you sad?"
PA: "You're oppressing me, my feelings matter!"
Ash:"Huh?"
PA: "I'm offended, so I'm going to go write a poem about my vegan bicycle"
Ash:"What's happening right now?"

DeletedUser6335

/gets a big bowl of Popcorn, a Giant Soda, and some Twizzlers then settles in for Part 2 of SoggyShorts Presents "Forum Shorts" :D

While I may not always agree with @Ashrem and when I do it likely isn't 100% - I don't know that he could be blamed for people not coming to the Forums.

Maybe it is just me - but I find it "funny" when someone tells someone else not to do something while they are, at that time, pretty much doing what they say shouldn't be done... *shrug*.

Each of us, as individuals and parts of Fellowships, is going to have different experiences, thoughts, and feelings. We should all feel welcome to come here to DISCUSS things and understand that not everyone is having the same experiences, thoughts, and feelings. This is one of the main reasons that "Balance" and "Fairness" are, typically, hard to achieve in games where so many different folks are at different points of playing.

Is the game and all parts of it 100% "balanced" and "fair" - not bloody likely. Will it ever be so - highly doubtful. That doesn't mean we should quit discussing it and asking for changes. That said, if we all wish to be listened to we should, in turn, be willing to listen.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2522

My apologies, YOU are not the reason people don't like to come here. Your Type is the reason people don't like to come here, people that have nothing better to do so they feel they have to comment and invalidate every opinion that's different than there own. The Forum seems to have a ton of those.

I stand by the Bully.
Last message, from me. It shouldn't come to this, it's a feedback thread.

DeletedUser1996

Some people in orcs do not need orcs to cater, and some do. Anyone hear back from support? Is this a bug, and if not when does it kick in?
dont think its a bug -I have to use orcs to negotiate . I THINK its when you can make orcs that it kicks in.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Your Type is the reason people don't like to come here
I'll be 100% honest with you. If there is anyone who doesn't come to these forums because of me, or someone like me, then I think the forums are probably better off without them.

Human beings are social animals. It took us a really long time to understand that working together, with each contributing what they are best able to contribute, is good for everyone. Fellowships are about cooperation. If someone doesn't like the way someone else cooperates, then they shouldn't be in a fellowship together. To come here and complain that the developers need to change the software because it allows people to cooperate in a way someone doesn't like is, in my opinion, self centered and unreasonable.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I THINK its when you can make orcs that it kicks in.

That's what it should be but I had the requirement prior to even having the armoury tech let alone an upgraded armory. Worse yet I got stuck on a combat due to squads and map and needed to cater:( but had to wait until I got the tech and the building and a production complete.:eek:

DeletedUser2334

I can't argue against this. I want to, I am going to dearly miss the kp, but it was excessive before. I think I will be hitting around 21 kp with the individual rewards(give or take). So still good just not when compared to before :). I love the broken shards. Don't care for the spells, but the teaser about new spells was very interesting.

How do you define excessive? I have only built several (4 I think) AW's and I do not have any past level 11. If KP's were excessive, I would think I would be running out of places to put them.

I currently have 205 Magical Manufacturing spells. Earning 6 more of these each tournament would be excessive (or useless, I can't decide which).

DeletedUser3507

Screenshot_12.png
A

ah no like I said before the province (right next to my city) required Orcs if it was catered and that's ring 1.

DeletedUser4274

I doubt it relates to the ring of the tournament province, there is definitely something inconsistent with it. I got it in ring 1 province 1 and had only researched Advanced scout, portal and squad size 24 (80% of SS24) and I got orcs to cater from the start.

As to world map rings I need to count but only did minimum provinces in a circle to get to orcs.

Province 1, Round 1 of this tournament (and beyond). Orcs were a requirement for me to cater. When the tournament started I was halfway through the Armory Upgrade Tech, I didn't yet have the ability to produce Orcs. This hasn't affected me too badly, as I normally fight my way through the tournaments, and only cater when I've tried to win an encounter by fighting twice, losing both times.

As for the world map, I was scouting & completing once province a day which was ring 10. However some where along the way, I miscalculated, and I actually had scouted but not completed one ring 11 province (due to troop sizes I couldn't fight & win). I am still 4 provinces away from getting the chest for Wood Elves so I know I'm still well within where I should be.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
As for the world map, I was scouting & completing once province a day which was ring 10. However some where along the way, I miscalculated, and I actually had scouted but not completed one ring 11 province (due to troop sizes I couldn't fight & win). I am still 4 provinces away from getting the chest for Wood Elves so I know I'm still well within where I should be.
I have
3 orc techs left,
176 provinces cleared,
12 more provinces scouted, and
do not require orcs in the tournament.

There must be another variable involved.....

DeletedUser3507

I have no idea but 1st province required them for me at a range of 1st ring, can someone figure this one out please.....

Might be tied to chapter that your in, but I am not sure of that. To be honest....

Fort all in my FS they are required. Player lvl min chapter 8 maximum chapter 10.
And all produce Orcs in Winyador.

DeletedUser2963

How do you define excessive? I have only built several (4 I think) AW's and I do not have any past level 11. If KP's were excessive, I would think I would be running out of places to put them.

Sorry that word choice was the result of an argument I got into with myself recently. I have been playing 9 months. In that time they have released 3 new eras. The only 3 I have left. Ergo if I don't want to reach the end, I need to put my kp somewhere other than the tree. So I consider my kp gains from the tourneys excessive because I do not have a balanced approach.