• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Behind the Scenes: Upcoming changes for Tournament

DeletedUser4778

If you keep doing tourneys completing this tech would have a rude surprise in store mid-way through a tourney.;) Assuming it kicks in at that tech, my town caught like this had at least the portal tech.
Whoa. Thanks for the heads-up. That is incredibly short-sighted of them to ask for orc catering costs when I don't have the ability to produce them and considering how hard the fights look. Good thing I'm done with tourneys for now.

Btw, in case anyone's interested, I've added CrazyWizard's tourney info to my spreadsheets at http://tinyurl.com/j7e6j2k with an alternate format of rewards per province so we can more easily see if a province is worth it -- or not. I have no comment except to say @#$%&*!

DeletedUser3122

• Still no access to correct troops so still crazy hard to compete in most tournaments unless catering.
    • Only 3 of the 9 tournaments use light melee and light range as main troop type which are era 1/2 troops. When heavy melee is obtained this improves to 5 out of 9.
    • I'm confused - what does that mean, no access to correct troops? All my troops seem accessible.

DeletedUser2334

Way to go Inno, another update and another way of making the game less enjoyable:
1) Less fights are good, but still at awkward 16 hour intervals starting mid-week (My schedule doesn't revolve around this game)
2) Less KP rewards, means less incentive to fight; how will I ever upgrade level 15 Wonders on 24 kp a day?
3) Huge catering/troop costs, makes the lower rewards not worth it. (Totally nerfed 10 full squads on first round: not sustainable troop replacement time)

DeletedUser7214

I'm fairly new to the game and I was excited I would finally have enough goods to make some progress in this tournament. Then WHAM the rewards were nerfed. I got 7 nodes completed in round one and I'm greatly disappointed in the rewards so far. Must less than I got from the first round in previous tournaments even when only doing two or three nodes. What happened to the KP reward? why did you reduce it? can you please put it back to the way it was before?

qaccy

I'll chalk the troop arrangements I saw up to just bad luck, but on the whole losses are going to be MUCH larger going forward with the bigger squad sizes. Although, if the intent was to increase costs for those who've been coasting well through tournaments using auto-battle, I can understand that and say you hit the mark there. However, giving more variety to the rewards is not going to be very popular because it also reduced the frequency of the one, admittedly boring, reward most of the people here care about: Knowledge Points. It's a bit of a one-two blow by making tournaments generally more expensive to participate in and also making the rewards less desirable.

DeletedUser4778

Gah. Didn't want to participate but thought I might regret it later and I need Blooming Trader runes so I decided to participate before I finish Advanced Scouts and the orc catering cost kicks in. And, ouch, goodbye troops and goods. Stupid bee. Why are you so hard to catch?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I thought they said it is now based on your troop research? If so, you shouldn't need orcs until you unlock the troops.
Yes the squad sizes tech has a direct impact on your tournament squad size. If you do not fight in provinces then avoid the few optional squad size techs for an advantage, although it may be short lived as they are aware of this.

Whoa. Thanks for the heads-up. That is incredibly short-sighted of them to ask for orc catering costs when I don't have the ability to produce them and considering how hard the fights look.

Someone on EN forum said this was apparently reported as a bug, I have not seen if it is a confirmed bug so maybe send in a ticket?
Fights aren't harder its just the losses are greater. Mess up an fight 6+ provinces out and lose it and ouch! The bad maps really are highlighted more with this change, they are aware of the map issues.

I'm confused - what does that mean, no access to correct troops? All my troops seem accessible.

The comment was in reference to a town in Era 2. There are 5 unit types and 1 type is very key to a certain province/tournament. You get 2 unit types (light range and light melee) in era 1, heavy melee in era 2 and the last 2 unit types in era 3. So those towns in Era 1 and 2 and even certain stages of era 3 have a large disadvantage based on available troop options.

An era 3 town use to have a an advantage in tournaments when negotiating and could land in the top 100 of a server, that I expect is gone now so will be curious how later era 3 towns and the next couple eras go in terms of world map performance now.

DeletedUser4778

Someone on EN forum said this was apparently reported as a bug, I have not seen if it is a confirmed bug so maybe send in a ticket?
Fights aren't harder its just the losses are greater. Mess up an fight 6+ provinces out and lose it and ouch! The bad maps really are highlighted more with this change, they are aware of the map issues.

I will once I'm officially an orc in less than 8 minutes and they start demanding orcs. I agree, the fights aren't harder (though I've only fought in 3 provinces and I'm stopping there and doing only 1 tomorrow and that's it for me) but troop and resource losses are greater for just skimpy rewards. I used to get 10 KP and 10 relics for 3 provinces and now I got only 2 KP, 3 relics, 1 broken shard, and 1 Power of Provision spell (which I will probably never use). The only spell I want is Inspiring Meditation with Magical Manufacturing being a distant second, both of which require crystal relics which I'm low on so it looks like my Magic Academy will be even more of a space-waster than it is now. Pfffft. I find these paltry rewards to definitely not be worth the exorbitant costs.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The strategy of how to approach provinces to maximise desired rewards will take time. Some thing won't ever be as good as they were, while I don't like it I can live with the explanation and just adjust my approach. The rewards 10+ provinces out seem ok but you gotta get out that far.

The compression of points per round also allows a person more freedom to vary their strategy for personal gain and still make a decent contribution to the fellowship. In the past you would just focus on fewer provinces and go as far as possible for max points.

IM spell is the 9th fellowship reward so not easy to get, while MM spells are round 5/6. Spells follow a pattern for a person of PoP is rounds 1/3, Ensorcelled endowment is rounds 2,4 and Magical manufacturing is rounds 5/6. Time to update some charts;)

DeletedUser3696

Fights aren't harder, but the losses are greater. 9th province and losing a stack of 112 paladins isn't as tasty as it used to be.

However, I enjoy the faster auto-battles and making troops isn't that hard.

One question is when do you get the broken shards?? I managed to get one in province 3 and province 9, but they never got added to my broken shards?? I even reloaded, but maybe I just didn't remember correctly?? Anyone else have this?

DeletedUser3122

The comment was in reference to a town in Era 2. There are 5 unit types and 1 type is very key to a certain province/tournament. You get 2 unit types (light range and light melee) in era 1, heavy melee in era 2 and the last 2 unit types in era 3. So those towns in Era 1 and 2 and even certain stages of era 3 have a large disadvantage based on available troop options.

Ok now I'm still confused. lol

What is era 1, 2 and 3?

DeletedUser5747

ok, maybe I am tired but I don't get how this is adding up.
b4f04b4e7d4df1f9842b5b911177cd1b.png

Mykan

Oh Wise One
One question is when do you get the broken shards?? I managed to get one in province 3 and province 9, but they never got added to my broken shards?? I even reloaded, but maybe I just didn't remember correctly?? Anyone else have this?

They appear immediately. I have updated the tournament rewards tables in my guide if you were questioning which rounds. Just be sure you are not at 10 broken shards or they are lost. This was mentioned recently (march episode or Q&A) and they plan to change this so we can keep more than 10, my guess is it will be with the wonder update.

Ok now I'm still confused. lol

What is era 1, 2 and 3?

Have a look at your technology tree ;) Each section/era/chapter has a number. It gets easier come guest races as we all know them by name. When you look at those early eras note where the techs are for the different unit types. This makes fights hard for starting towns both in the world map and in tournaments. The increased cater costs in tournaments removes the option those towns had to compete (or at least makes it much harder) without providing an alternative unless it happens to be the right week.

Edit: @Elmoonwen Are you referring to the reward levels resetting each time you cross a milestone? This was raised (with original update and recent update) and the response (last week on beta) was related to the UI which they were willing for suggestions to improve.

So the reset is so we see progress on the bar for the early province rounds.

DeletedUser2963

As to later era towns, anyone who has started orc era but not yet up to the upgraded armory is stuffed, as they will not be able to cater tournaments without orcs.
...uh oh :(

Does anyone know where in orcs you need to be for this to kick in? news on if its a bug.

I will once I'm officially an orc in less than 8 minutes and they start demanding orcs.
?Did they demand orcs? bug? plz

Last edited by a moderator: