• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Best Ancient Wonders

DeletedUser8946

image.png

I... am... patience...

DeletedUser8946

@Risen Malchiah Yeah. But that's because my three builders are occupied with my Level 16 MH, (which doesn't cost supplies), but even more draining my first two Ancient Grounds. I've got PoP on my Level 17 workshops.

1599 diamonds, Elder Dragon Oracle costs 1600. :(

Oh, and why is it when you get ONE Broken Shard, the cost of diamonds goes down 15, but as we can see, just one costs 65.

And yeah, I'm boosted in Gems, have full Barracks, and have a couple MMMs waiting to be placed. I'm prepared. :cool:

DeletedUser2870

Or perhaps it will never come. You can already get all 5 types without using barracks:
Light melee - Dwarven Bulwark
Light range - Shrine of Shrewdy Shrooms
Heavy Melee - Vallorian Valor
Heavy Ranged - Grounds of Orc Strategist
Mage - Flying Academy
While it would be interesting if we could get all 15 types from event/AW buildings I'm not sure that's where onno is headed. Then again I'm not sure inno knows where inno is headed ;)

Actually, I do hope they're not going for all 15 types. Already its almost impossible to get enough runes for the AWs one wants.
Personally, I'd much rather see them adapt the wonders, so that when upgraded to lvl 6 you will get to choose between the regular barracks type unit and the one from the mercenary camp, and when upgraded to lvl 11 you can choose between all 3 sorts. (Of course, choosing to change between types should reset the timer)

DeletedUser2870

That production rate is 1 broken shard per week. I can get 4 or 5 from a tournament each week without too much effort. I consider that not worth the space. I will have to evaluate the mana production when I get there, but I think that will likely be by handled by other mana producers.

Better save up for the Maze of Dark matter. It outproduces most other (non-premium) manaproducing buildings AND reduces the decay percentage each night. That alone makes it very interesting.
At lvl 4 it produces mana at about 530/hour, and the decay is down to 8.2% (arcane library is 200/hour)
At lvl 8 it produces mana at just over 900/hour and the decay is down to 7.2%
Only downside the mana needs to be collected every 3 hours, since its full, but the drop in decay is really a big help. And giving it a larger storage for longer collection times would really make it overpowered I think.
But especially when saving up huge amounts of mana for either research or quests, the drop in decay makes a lot of difference.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Oh, and why is it when you get ONE Broken Shard, the cost of diamonds goes down 15, but as we can see, just one costs 65.
That's true of everything which you can spend diamonds. The cost is always a curve where the slope lessens as you approach zero diamonds. You need to know what you want to accomplish, because using diamonds is cheaper for a 16 hour job than for two eight-hour jobs, which are in turn cheaper than four, four-hour jobs, etc. The absolute most-expensive-per-unit jobs are the ones where you are nearly finished.

It's a tax on the impatient.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
At lvl 4 it produces mana at about 530/hour, and the decay is down to 8.2% (arcane library is 200/hour)
At lvl 8 it produces mana at just over 900/hour and the decay is down to 7.2%

For my playstyle which involves having my MA cooking spells 24/7 since chapter 6, spending KP on the Dragon Abbey is better.
A level 8 DA gives you 4200 mana per spell, and with the spells you get from the MA, tournament and visits you should be able to average 4 spells a day** without touching your stockpile. But the best part is that you don't just cast them whenever, instead you do it when you need mana, and therefore have zero decay from them.

So at level 8
the MoDM would give 8,100 (13,500 if you play 9/3/3/3/3) every day and reduce decay, but will likely decay multiple times between opening techs
the DA would give 16,800 per day and that 16,800 would not have any decay** as you'd only get it right before spending it.

If you are a player that reaches the end of the tech tree, the MoDM eventually does nothing as you will hit mana cap(decay=production)
But your stockpile of spells will continue to grow giving you mana in the bank with your DA for when the next chapter is released.

Another factor is your MA level. If you've upgraded the MA and cook spells 24/7 the DA could be worth a lot more.
Same goes for tournaments: for every province past 9 you get a spell in round 1.

* 4 spells a day is based on doing about 8 provinces 5x and getting 7 FS chests with a level 2 MA cooking 24/7
**obviously the mana decay effects all mana, making the MoDM more effective the more mana buildings you have and the slower you progress through the tech tree.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2870

Well, I have BOTH the Abbey and the Maze up. The Abbey is extremely useful in generating a lot of mana quickly by tossing spells around, but the maze is for me more useful in its lowering the decay.
The Abbey is good, but I prefer the maze since my style of play means I'm hardly ever using spells except the inspiring meditation.
So yes, I COULD throw spells, but the effect of these spells themselves is wasted in most of the cases, due to me making long runs and thus being unable to maximize the profit from the supplies and the factories, and my culture already is maxed, besides, I dont need more coins, nor more supplies. So using the spells I'm gaining mana quickly, but wasting spells. I prefer the maze since it works all the time.
Besides, when one has 1 million or more mana stocked (my dutch account now has about 2 million mana), you'll need a damn lot of spells to counter the decay. For my dutch account, the lvl8 Maze 'saves' about 56.000 mana from decaying EVERY NIGHT without me doing anything. So I don't have to use the spells to get that much already. That's a LOT of spells I would need to use every day, even with a lvl 5 Abbey.
Point is, at some point one reaches the limit you can save up, since the decay will match what you daily produce. The Maze makes it easier to save up more.

The combo of both is excellent: the Abbey for quick generating mana when needed, the Maze for the long run

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Dhurrin No fair! When comparing 2 buildings having both is always going to be better lol.

Your playstyle of often being at the end of the tech tree and stockpiling massive materials to blast the next guest race is pretty advanced- I've been playing for ~17 months at a pretty quick pace and in a couple weeks it'll be the first time I hit the end.
I prefer the maze since it works all the time.
This is why we both had to use "for my style of play" in our posts. :)
I like the abbey because it sits there banking mana(in spell form) until I need it.

I'm not sure that your dutch account is saving 56,000 mana every day with the decreased decay though.
Without the maze wouldn't you just be sitting at 1,944,000 instead of 2m for the months between chapters?
I think it might be more accurate to say that it is increasing your mana cap by 2.8%.
During the chapter it will be better of course, but in between it's not really doing a whole lot.

DeletedUser2870

@SoggyShorts
What I meant is the decay is 56.000 LESS than it otherwise would be.
I do agree that the maze in that way increases the cap (which is actually at about 2,2 million for me with the present amount of mana generating buildings, but the 2 mil is just easier)

And sure, having both is easier. However, if I had to make a choice I'd go for the maze, because I don't use spells very much.

DeletedUser5800

@SoggyShorts @Dhurrin
This is exactly what I was looking for. I was trying to decide between which one of these I was going build and based on everything here I think the Abbey wins based on how much I use spells... but which one gives the Dragon pic. and which one gives Blue David Bowie? Because 3 websites say 3 dif. things and I want the Dragon! If it's the Maze I will build it and sell it while I have the space open. :confused:
The wiki has it one way, I saw a comment somewhere that said the wiki was backwards and GoK has the dragon on both and the 'pro' comment on the abbey as 'I really wanted the dragon pic.'... o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@SoggyShorts @Dhurrin
This is exactly what I was looking for. I was trying to decide between which one of these I was going build and based on everything here I think the Abbey wins based on how much I use spells... but which one gives the Dragon pic. and which one gives Blue David Bowe? Because 3 websites say 3 dif. things and I want the Dragon! If it's the Maze I will build it and sell it while I have the space open. :confused:
The wiki has it one way, I saw a comment somewhere that said the wiki was backwards and GoK has the dragon on both and the 'pro' comment on the abbey as 'I really wanted the dragon pic.'... o_O

I just built maze today and it is not the dragon. Wiki is wrong.

Mykan

Oh Wise One

Risen Malchiah

i have found the answer to deciding which AW I should have
I'm just building them all
For Dwarves through Orcs, I'd say that would be detrimental to most players' growth in the game. Maybe by S&D or Halflings that might work though I personally wouldn't. I value my space too much to fill it up with some AWs that I could live without.

DeletedUser9601

For Dwarves through Orcs, I'd say that would be detrimental to most players' growth in the game. Maybe by S&D or Halflings that might work though I personally wouldn't. I value my space too much to fill it up with some AWs that I could live without.
That's how I feel. I have 1 Wonder that I focus on (Golden Abyss), and 1 Wonder that's worth it from a space standpoint (Mountain Halls). But the rest of them don't feel efficient enough without significant levelling.