• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Best AWs with new tournament changes

Dew Spinner

Has anyone come up with a comprehensive guide of which AWs are worth their penalty with the new tournament changes?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have not. But I would imagine that under the current format Martial Monastery/Sanctuary would be one the the best AWs to have. I think they would totally outweigh the penalty no matter what.

Dew Spinner

I'm a chapter 3 city and need a lot of guidance about which ones to build and which ones aren't worth it.

Dew Spinner

I'm thinking about the future, which one are best for the long haul. If every AW level hurts tournament and spire then there must be some consensus on which ones out weigh the penalty they cause and which ones only hurt you.

Dew Spinner

For instance, if an AW gives you free troops but that AW's levels end up killing more of all your units due to the penalty then that AW wouldn't be worth the penalty.

Dew Spinner

The Thread linked to was written in 2017, way before the new tournament changes, so it is not of any value any more.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Hmmm..... it's a matter of how many AW levels you have, I believe. The more total levels the more of a penalty you receive. For that reason, unless you have a crying need for something produced by an AW, don't build it. That means, probably, don't build anything that doesn't produce something military or enhance your military. In my opinion, if I had it to do over again and were building a military city, the only AWs I'd have other than the military enhancing ones would be the GA, and Mountain Hall. As I got to the end game I might add the ones that reduce the shrinkage of my mana and seeds and, perhaps the Thermal Spring of Youth for it's population help, but I'd think hard about that. Overall I doubt any level of the military AW's results in a net loss while every level of a non-military AW is a net loss because they cost you military but give nothing military back.

AJ

Dew Spinner

I believe some of the military ones do not benefit you either. Any advice on the weakest military ones? Remember AW's give a double whammy penalty...the AW levels and the land they are on...seeing they take up either a whole expansion or most of one.

Alpha Lyrae

I'm not sure about Mountain Halls either, now that you only get goods in 3 help chests?

Mountain Halls affects overall production of boosted goods -- nothing to do with help chests. With the addition of the Spire, many military-only players have found themselves with more reason to negotiate or cater in the Spire or Tournaments. For that reason, I find the MH very important to my cities.

I'd include supply-producing wonders important too. With the need to maintain 3 military training queues, supplies are in demand now more than ever: Endless Excavation and Prosperity Towers.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
As for the Mountain Hall I get over 19,000 pop at level 12 and increase my goods production by 72%. This allows me to the space from at least 2 residences (30 squares) and at least 2 mfrs. The space saved in excess of the Residences space gained - MH space taken in addition to the mfr space gained, enables me to build a 4th armory or perhaps a big fat workshop to help out with the supply shortage. (in my case the armory). I do think the MH and the GA together have a synergy that can't be beat. Together I get nearly 50k population at lvl 12 and 19. In addition the GA produces coins in abundace 1.5 million every 3 hours -- which means my residence foot print has been reduced another 4 residences. 50k pop, 72% increase in goods mfr, and about 7.5 million coins, it's a great combination and probably well worth the space because these three productions are the foundation of your city. Better foundation means more potential.

AJ

Dew Spinner

As for the Mountain Hall I get over 19,000 pop at level 12 and increase my goods production by 72%. This allows me to the space from at least 2 residences (30 squares) and at least 2 mfrs. The space saved in excess of the Residences space gained - MH space taken in addition to the mfr space gained, enables me to build a 4th armory or perhaps a big fat workshop to help out with the supply shortage. (in my case the armory). I do think the MH and the GA together have a synergy that can't be beat. Together I get nearly 50k population at lvl 12 and 19. In addition the GA produces coins in abundace 1.5 million every 3 hours -- which means my residence foot print has been reduced another 4 residences. 50k pop, 72% increase in goods mfr, and about 7.5 million coins, it's a great combination and probably well worth the space because these three productions are the foundation of your city. Better foundation means more potential.

AJ
Thanks AJ this is the comparison info I was looking for!! I feel like I am flying blind with this AW issue. If Inno was going to make such sweeping changes the least they could have done was put out an extremely detailed explanation so new players could make an informed decision. Mountain Halls is now on my list to build!

ekarat

I have all AWs, and I have no problem completing the spire or getting 10 chests (and ranking #2 in my FS getting those 10 chests).

I believe this penalty is overrated -- it really doesn't make that much of a difference.

Last edited:

Dew Spinner

I have all AWs, and I have no problem completing the spire or getting 10 chests (and ranking #2 in my FS getting those 10 chests).

I believe this penalty is overrated -- it really doesn't make that much of a difference.
You have previously stated that your goal is to have all the AWs, so I don't believe you would ever see any of them as a detriment. My goal is to have more space for other buildings and have more KP to level up the "good" AWs faster. Just need help figuring out which AW's benefits outweigh the double whammy penalty!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm not sure about Mountain Halls either, now that you only get goods in 3 help chests?
You are thinking of the Crystal Lighthouse, I believe. The MH is not based on chests. Mountain Halls, Golden Abyss and Prosperity Towers are the three critical non-military wonders, at least for me. Before I got the PT, I had a huge struggle keeping up with supplies despite having 8 fully upgraded workshops. Of course everyone's play style is different, and you may cater less in spire or have less manufactories, but no matter what, I think those earn their keep.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
On the Prosperity Towers: Mine is only level 6, since I recently got it, and it now produces 26,100 supplies every 3 hours plus (and this is a big plus to me) it increases the power of provision effect to 230 percent and increases the length of time that a power of provision spell works to 13 hours. That number will only grow as I level it more, but the wonder itself will take up the same space. That is a boost in supplies not only from the towers itself but from all my workshops. The PT takes up 20 squares of space; One workshop takes up 18 squares of space and produces about about 7000 supplies over 3 hours (without a pop spell). Considering how many supplies I use for catering the harder fights, that's a huge difference.

And think about all the supplies needed in the armory to produce orcs ... for me, it takes 17000 supplies just to produce orcs over 12 hours in ONE armory! That's a huge drain.