• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Cancelled. After reading through it, this thread is irrecoverable.

Deleted User - 1178646

There is another thread here somewhere that someone started so they complain about something and then commented on it with their two alts, just to make it look more serious.

Loved our friend on beta this week, getting a slap (slap 627) on his hand once again from the CM/mods, then making a new account and demanding an apology and whatever. there are some crazy people around.

We also often see people telling there guild memers to vote for them to get more votes in there favor.

Deleted User - 1178646

While it certainly is possible that some are cheating, it's also possible that some have specifically logged into the forum just to vote. I've mentioned these polls in my fellowship so there could be players who rarely visit the forums who came to check this out. I've also seen the polls in the Ideas section mentioned by third parties in various Facebook groups for the game. I apologize if that makes things more difficult.

Yes but this way you try to swing it in 1 direction using other people, that just vote because you tell them to.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Loved our friend on beta this week, getting a slap (slap 627) on his hand once again from the CM/mods, then making a new account and demanding an apology and whatever. there are some crazy people around.

We also often see people telling there guild memers to vote for them to get more votes in there favor.

Yes, I saw that too. It might have been someone he convinced to make a forum account just to post in his defense. But either way, it was bad to do.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
While it certainly is possible that some are cheating, it's also possible that some have specifically logged into the forum just to vote. I've mentioned these polls in my fellowship so there could be players who rarely visit the forums who came to check this out. I've also seen the polls in the Ideas section mentioned by third parties in various Facebook groups for the game. I apologize if that makes things more difficult.

I am not sure if you are aware, but I am capable of finding out which accounts are alternatives. I do appreciate your clarity though.

Thank you.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One

:( Dag nabbit
Xelenia beat me to what I was going to say

And I think she did it on purpose

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I've mentioned these polls in my fellowship so there could be players who rarely visit the forums who came to check this out.
I did the same thing when the first idea/suggestion made it to a poll. I viewed it as a way to encourage forum participation. Several of those votes were from players in my FS's who have played the game longer than I have, but were not active on the forums. Something was said then about non-active forum participants voting. I have never made an announcement in-game again.
Yes but this way you try to swing it in 1 direction using other people, that just vote because you tell them to.
I specifically told everyone with my original in-game message that I did not care how they voted. I explained my intent was to increase the visibility of the forum, encourage participation in the forums, and increase player accessibility to having their ideas heard. I also explained ideas/suggestions being heard was no guarantee of implementation. Since many of those players had known me in-game for 2+ years, they all knew I respect differing views, play styles, etc. They can and do disagree with me on a fairly regular basis, lol.

That said, it really has nothing to do with @Xelenia 's issue with alt accounts. There is no justification for duplicate voting. One player, one vote. Not one player, however many votes they're willing to register new accounts to get :rolleyes:

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
I explained my intent was to increase the visibility of the forum, encourage participation in the forums, and increase player accessibility to having their ideas heard.

As a moderator, I appreciate your effort in making the forum visible :) With that said, let us get back to voting.

Just no alts everyone ^.~ I mean, it is not really needed....there is a reason I listened to having the voting requirement account decreased, compare to beta :)

sam767

Some of my FS have joined the forum just to vote on this. The complaints are constant. We have barely finished gold 4 times in a row. This past week using an exploit the devs are aware of. I don't understand why the spire is so hard for some to even finish the High Halls and it is so easy for me (and all of my alt accounts!). While reducing the frequency of of SFs in the HH & Lab would help, this suggestion does not include increasing the value of the rewards in the Lab. Though those who negotiate the spire are increasingly appreciating coin and supply instants!!!

Deleted User - 1178646

Some of my FS have joined the forum just to vote on this. The complaints are constant. We have barely finished gold 4 times in a row. This past week using an exploit the devs are aware of. I don't understand why the spire is so hard for some to even finish the High Halls and it is so easy for me (and all of my alt accounts!). While reducing the frequency of of SFs in the HH & Lab would help, this suggestion does not include increasing the value of the rewards in the Lab. Though those who negotiate the spire are increasingly appreciating coin and supply instants!!!

I do not understand why the difficulty is related to spellfragments.
Have you ever looked to @MinMax Gamer formula he came up with? there you find your answer.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That's pretty clear, but I don't think it's necessary for you to understand. Some of us don't think fragments need to be as prevalent as they are in the chests on the upper floors. We also think that they could benefit from a more enticing mix of prizes. Saying you don't understand why we feel that way is not bringing clarity to the debate.

Risen Malchiah

I didn't tell anyone how to vote. I simply said "Hey there are a bunch of interesting ideas currently polling on the forums that are worth checking out." I briefly described each one, but gave no indication of how I was voting or how others should. If any of them came here and read the threads, sure they'd know which way I lean, but it wasn't directed.
I am not sure if you are aware, but I am capable of finding out which accounts are alternatives. I do appreciate your clarity though.
I figured that's the case. Thank you for staying on top of things. :)

sam767

Have you ever looked to @MinMax Gamer formula he came up with? there you find your answer.
Yeah, I used some of my alts to help him finalize the v5 model. I'm still working on bringing a new city up to CH3 so he can tie up the final details for a tiny city.
Somehow I was not clear. This suggestion does not necessary include improving the incitement of the rewards in the Lab. In fact, one of my original goals was to swap like for like in terms of "value". My assumption is Inno has a value model.

Kekune

Gotta say, I just changed my vote to a "no" here after originally voting yes.

Would I be happy to swap out a few spell fragments for something different? Sure, but I'm afraid anything Inno does will be an overcorrection. A proposal to "greatly reduce" or "somewhat reduce" them isn't specific enough for me, especially without a proposal for what will replace them.

I complete the spire weekly. I have over 300k spell fragments, though I craft something on nearly every cycle and often use timeboosters to get more than one in a cycle. But really, it's nice to have that freedom. I have so many spell fragments, I don't need to think about acquiring them now. It's one resource I no longer have to balance. Just like enchantments, most relics, coin instants, etc. That's not due to a faulty system so much as I'm a very active player who's gotten good at gathering available resources.

I don't necessarily disagree with the spirit of the proposal, but I think it's better left alone. The spire is already quite valuable as it is - whether or not an individual player wants every prize offered - and I'd hate to see it worse after some sort of "rebalancing."

Sunnydae

yay new SPIRE! The Anticipation! and YAY... I get 5 Chests of SPELL FRAGMENTS!.. whoop dee dooooooo makes me NOT even want to WASTE goods and troops.... sigh

mikeledo

I am now juiced with over 300K spell fragments, spending 100's a day. The alternative to reducing the fragments is to do something else with them. Make items take more fragments. Use fragments for the technology tree or guest race production or AW upgrades. Maybe have an FA that takes all fragments,

DeletedUser18111

I voted no, the first post is very confusing. All it says is reduce it with a bunch of older suggestions.

Telling inno to reduce something is like saying hey, cut off our legs please.

DeletedUser18111

Also everyone who voted for it, did you even read the first post? No way the developers will bother with anything that says "there was no consensus on the replacement" so "our proposal has no recommendation other than GREATLY reduce the prevalence"

If this is going to be one of those magical recommendation inno takes into account, there will be a lot of pissed of players from the GREATLY reduce prevalence of spire rewards and fragments.

Yogi Dave

The recommendation is to somewhat reduce the spire rewards in the High Halls and greatly reduce the spire rewards in the Laboratory,
Isn't this about reducing spell fragments, not rewards? Yes, the next paragraph mentions spell fragments, but that should have been explicit in the first sentence along with no desire to change the Gateway level. Nowhere in the first two paragraphs, which is what we are voting on, is the Gateway level mentioned. Unfortunately the wording can't be changed now. As it is, that first sentence gives a wrong impression right of the bat. It's obvious to us that it means spell fragments since we have read and labored through this process. The idea that the devs see needs to be very clear from the beginning and follow through with that clarity. Something to remember in future ideas, I guess.

DeletedUser18111

Isn't this about reducing spell fragments, not rewards? Yes, the next paragraph mentions spell fragments, but that should have been explicit in the first sentence along with no desire to change the Gateway level. Nowhere in the first two paragraphs, which is what we are voting on, is the Gateway level mentioned. Unfortunately the wording can't be changed now. As it is, that first sentence gives a wrong impression right of the bat. It's obvious to us that it means spell fragments since we have read and labored through this process. The idea that the devs see needs to be very clear from the beginning and follow through with that clarity. Something to remember in future ideas, I guess.
Exactly....and you are all voting for it and some people telling others to come vote in favor

If this is not the most shoot yourself in the foot and face, I don't know what is. Imagine the developers seeing this kind of overwhelming vote and they are like...all this is from the active members on the forum? Like wow ok let this be the magical idea we implement right away.

Inno I am sure will love any excuse to decrease diamonds, DA, CC, time boost, and magical buildings. Everything BUT fragments pff