• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Cancelled. After reading through it, this thread is irrecoverable.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I already noticed a slight change as people finally start to move on to fellowships that do get better results in the spire and therefore more timeboosters and diamonds.

I am not sure what you wacky Europeans are doing on your servers, but in the Spire that just ended today, only 9 fellowships on Arendyll got gold and another 23 got silver and 231 got bronze. And none of the silver "just missed", as the closest to gold only got 1009. So I do not know how people are doing on other servers, but that is mine. I am comfortable where I am and I do not feel, or want, the pressure of constantly going to the top of the Spire or getting 10 tournament chests every week.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Getting "more" prizes ain't realistic, so if "gradual" rewards would be introduced it would be the same as the diamond modification we had need before. in essense prizes will be taken away from the first half of the tower and added to the latter half.

In essence you get less prizes then now unless you also doe the last part,
Is that what you are aiming for? less prizes for beginners / less active players?

btw the dwarven armourer is for many players a reason to play the spire limiting it's aviablility (and therefore possibility) to the last stage would result in winning this item less times. I love the fact that many of these prizes are also in the random chests.

If you would like to improve the base rewards then it should be transferred from the fellowship reward to the main rewards and this makes the fellowship effort less interesting.
Whatever change you want to make you have to understand that many others will loose the opportunity as a result. prizes do not get magically better they get shuffled around instead.

If your ambitions are bigger than the fellowship result, then you need to find another fellowship with a similar mindset.
There are some tricks you can employ in the last stage of the spire to "guarantee gold" to get everyone moving towards that final goal initially before it becomes naturally, they left that exploit open, are aware of it but seemingly also fine with it, maybe for this reason.
But if your fellowship ain't even getting close to that result then it's pointless to even try, or talking about it.

If you can rally all players to do at least 2 levels, a goal thats within reach of many many many players with ease, then you are already at the stage where you unlock all but the last fellowship reward. thats where you can start considering making the jump. to the last chest as it opens the route for the more active players to already advance since more prizes are guaranteed.

The spire is a fellowship achievement, if your fellowship lacks any ambition, then try to change there minds or find a better one.
If I am not mistaken not so long ago you barely played 1 level because of the same mindset. but we changed it by conversing with you on the forum. (my apology if I am mistaken)

When the spire fellowship part came out I build a document with the name "how to play the spire for free" this rallied my members to try it and liking it, this initial result of success beyond my expectation led to the result than now we do het gold every week. even before the trophies.
Some people grumble a bit when things arent going there way (sometimes negotiating just sucks with 10 fails in a row), but no one wants to miss the rewards, they are simply too good, so even while saying "not again next week", they still go to the top on there own accord.

So instead of focussing on what is NOT good, you might want to focus about the amazing aspects of the tower rewards, this will give much more motivation to people and positive thingking is a lot more fun than negative thinking.
I'm not sure where I asked for "more" prizes in my quote. If you could point that sentence out, maybe I would understand what you meant. I was asking for a reshuffling so that there are different prizes on each level, the smaller prizes being on the lower level ... just as Inno itself says in their explanation of the spire (that prizes increase by level.) I just want to hold them, basically, to their written word.

Our fellowship is nowhere near the point where "everyone" meets the second goal. I only meant that we, as a fellowship, make the second goal because some of us go over. I think less than half (or close to that) of the 20 players in the spire this time made it to the door of the lab.

You are right about the fact that a couple of months ago, I barely played the spire. Atagu$ helped me to strategize on catering, and I followed her advice and was able to win more caters. That's when I got addicted to it. (Thank you, Atagu$, again!)

I would not say my fellowship "lacks any ambition." I think we have a great deal of ambition, we just direct it in different ways, ie, with push 10-chest tourneys, getting a top score in FAs, etc. Before two months ago we never got beyond Bronze in Spire. Now we consistently get Silver. I think we are progressing quite nicely. There are many reasons why different fellowships do not get gold in the spire, and I don't think "lack of ambition" is a particularly helpful suggestion. Each fellowship has different levels of players, etc. Sure, we have a couple of 300,000 point players in our fellowship. We also have 15,000 point players. Every one is different. We'll get there eventually. Congrats on your spire achievement.

Darielle

The average is 4900 per level per week. so with 2 levels you can craft ~2-3 items (1400 spell fragments per day to spend) a day which coresponds with owning a level 5 academy or some library sets for enough catalists.

If you can only craft 2-3 items on 4900 sfs per week, then I must conclude that the number of sfs needed differs depending upon a person's level. I've never seen a crafting item that took more than 1200 spell fragments, that I can recall. Even the phoenixes and bears only take 1200, and those are the most expensive.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If you can only craft 2-3 items on 4900 sfs per week, then I must conclude that the number of sfs needed differs depending upon a person's level. I've never seen a crafting item that took more than 1200 spell fragments, that I can recall. Even the phoenixes and bears only take 1200, and those are the most expensive.

There is a pet food recipe that only uses fragments and needs 1650 of them. And I think there are a couple of recipes that use 2000.

Darielle

There is a pet food recipe that only uses fragments and needs 1650 of them. And I think there are a couple of recipes that use 2000.
Thanks. I guess they've just never come up for me. I still find it difficult to believe that you need 4900 sfs for 2-3 crafting items a week. But maybe I misunderstood something.

Deleted User - 1178646

4900 per level
2 levels = 9800
in a week are 7 days
9800 / 7 = 1400 spellfragment per day
the average recipe asks i find good enough costs 600-800 spellfragments so thats 2 and a bit per day on average.

Deleted User - 1178646

I'm not sure where I asked for "more" prizes in my quote. If you could point that sentence out, maybe I would understand what you meant. I was asking for a reshuffling so that there are different prizes on each level, the smaller prizes being on the lower level ... just as Inno itself says in their explanation of the spire (that prizes increase by level.) I just want to hold them, basically, to their written word.

Our fellowship is nowhere near the point where "everyone" meets the second goal. I only meant that we, as a fellowship, make the second goal because some of us go over. I think less than half (or close to that) of the 20 players in the spire this time made it to the door of the lab.

You are right about the fact that a couple of months ago, I barely played the spire. Atagu$ helped me to strategize on catering, and I followed her advice and was able to win more caters. That's when I got addicted to it. (Thank you, Atagu$, again!)

I would not say my fellowship "lacks any ambition." I think we have a great deal of ambition, we just direct it in different ways, ie, with push 10-chest tourneys, getting a top score in FAs, etc. Before two months ago we never got beyond Bronze in Spire. Now we consistently get Silver. I think we are progressing quite nicely. There are many reasons why different fellowships do not get gold in the spire, and I don't think "lack of ambition" is a particularly helpful suggestion. Each fellowship has different levels of players, etc. Sure, we have a couple of 300,000 point players in our fellowship. We also have 15,000 point players. Every one is different. We'll get there eventually. Congrats on your spire achievement.

A reshuffle therefore means you will get less prizes. so you are asking for less prizes for everyone except those who get gold?
I think you are a minority here, as we have already seen the outcry when the diamonds got reshuffled in favor of gold fellowship players.
I do not think that reshuffling the prizes more in favor of gold is good for the spire.

Off course there are plenty reasons fellowships do not get gold and thats fine, but if you want to do the 3rd stage for the 3rd stage prizes and your fellowship is not able to do that then you have to ask yourself what do I want more, those 3rd stage prizes of my current fellowship.
If it;s the first move on, it it's the latter don't complain and accept it, keep working and maybe the situation changes in the future.

Making it less attractive to play the spire in the lower levels do not make people play it more.

Darielle

A reshuffle therefore means you will get less prizes. so you are asking for less prizes for everyone except those who get gold?
I think you are a minority here, as we have already seen the outcry when the diamonds got reshuffled in favor of gold fellowship players.
I do not think that reshuffling the prizes more in favor of gold is good for the spire.

Off course there are plenty reasons fellowships do not get gold and thats fine, but if you want to do the 3rd stage for the 3rd stage prizes and your fellowship is not able to do that then you have to ask yourself what do I want more, those 3rd stage prizes of my current fellowship.
If it;s the first move on, it it's the latter don't complain and accept it, keep working and maybe the situation changes in the future.

Making it less attractive to play the spire in the lower levels do not make people play it more.
Again, I seem to be defending what should not need a defense, but this is my last post and then I'm done. I did not consider my original post a "complaint," but rather an "opinion" that the third level should have better prizes than the first, per Inno's own description. There is little incentive for me to complete the third level without better prizes than spell fragments compensating for the increased difficulty. I do not believe I am in the minority in that "opinion," as you claim, since if you'll look at the top of this thread, you will see that the vast majority agree that there are too many spell fragments in the spire. Most, I believe, would like to reduce the number of spell fragments in the laboratory in particular. If you are determined to take a different meaning from my words than what most people would read, then we can simply respectfully agree to disagree and move on. Peace to you.

AtaguS

The Spire is designed to entice the entire fellowship together. A mash-up of events and FAs. There are enough individual rewards in the chests to entice a player to climb, and at times to climb beyond the fellowship's range. And there are enough great door prizes to earn if the entire fellowship chooses to up its range. I can see the merit in placing a few extra goodies in the 2nd and 3rd tiers to entice fellowships to come together an make the push. Isn't that what a blueprint's purpose is in the tournaments?

But even in a fellowship which consistantly gets gold and all the amazing goodies that then flow...there is nothing quite like losing a big battle on the 3rd tier, having to back out of catering a couple times and then finally getting to open that chest to discover SFs for your efforts :rolleyes: Ok, you say, keep climbing, there is the big boss and some possible mystery chests still in your future. And nothing really beats the feeling of those SFs a few chests back than a portal profit from the boss. Then again, I suppose this is where the roll of the dice come into things.

Also, it occurs to me that part of the original idea here was to bring back more balance to the disenchanting tool in the MA. Or am I not remembering correctly? The Spire is not our only source of SFs and if anything, having so many of them at any level means less reason to disenchant stuff in the MA.

Darielle

The Spire is designed to entice the entire fellowship together. A mash-up of events and FAs. There are enough individual rewards in the chests to entice a player to climb, and at times to climb beyond the fellowship's range. And there are enough great door prizes to earn if the entire fellowship chooses to up its range. I can see the merit in placing a few extra goodies in the 2nd and 3rd tiers to entice fellowships to come together an make the push. Isn't that what a blueprint's purpose is in the tournaments?

But even in a fellowship which consistantly gets gold and all the amazing goodies that then flow...there is nothing quite like losing a big battle on the 3rd tier, having to back out of catering a couple times and then finally getting to open that chest to discover SFs for your efforts :rolleyes: Ok, you say, keep climbing, there is the big boss and some possible mystery chests still in your future. And nothing really beats the feeling of those SFs a few chests back than a portal profit from the boss. Then again, I suppose this is where the roll of the dice come into things.

Also, it occurs to me that part of the original idea here was to bring back more balance to the disenchanting tool in the MA. Or am I not remembering correctly? The Spire is not our only source of SFs and if anything, having so many of them at any level means less reason to disenchant stuff in the MA.
I finally made it to the top of this spire this week for the first time, and yes, I did get a portal profit for that effort, lol. But I was still glad I did it, just to be able to say I could. But I agree with you wholeheartedly on fighting a tough fight or catering and withdrawing and then going back to get sfs. On the first level that would not bother me in the slightest. On the third, yeah, that's a let down for sure.

Deleted User - 1178646

Compared to the spire disenchanting is no source, 500 spellfragments in the spire is the same as disenchanting 14 spells or a building of 14 squares in size. for others like me is't closer to 9.

Current event asks for 110 vapor to be made, that would be near impossible for most people without the spire. (and most likely the reason those quest are added to entice people to play it)

I am not complaining I am aquiring too many spells in the tournament because I do more in the tournament then average
I am not complaining that I get to often portal boosters, which is beyond useless ty me
I am not complaining I het to much spell fragments because I do more than average in the spire.

But portalboosters are very valuable to others, and plenty others love them
I might have an overflow from spells, but others are struggling for them
We might have to much spell fragments but others still need more.

Whenever we play someting, events, tournament, spire we get cool stuff and we get rubbish, you take 1 with the other.
My main concern is not the vocal portion of the forum, but for every player like myself there is another player on the other end of the spectrum.
And making changes like this hurts them more then it will hurt me.

The OP idea likes to reduce spellfragments from 4900 to 2450 per level a 50% reduction.
with a 50% reduced droprate I would be fine with my current stock for a while but I will be running out of spellfragments soon enough even when I actually do 3 spire levels every week, most people do a lot less than that.

Guess you all are fine going from a little too much (which accumulates over time making it look more than it actually is) back to spell fragment starvation again, that line isn't as far away as many think.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I do not believe I am in the minority in that "opinion," as you claim, since if you'll look at the top of this thread, you will see that the vast majority agree

As a general rule
You cannot really use forum comments or polls to determine what most players want.
At best you get an idea of what most active forum users want.
But is the forum representative of players in general?

The poll here represents active forum users, who were interested in this subject enough to vote.
As far as you know this could be like polling people in Starbucks about their favorite morning beverage.
"93% of Americans prefer coffee over tea or juice. And 76% prefer it to be as over priced as possible"

AtaguS

Whenever we play someting, events, tournament, spire we get cool stuff and we get rubbish, you take 1 with the other.
As I said...
"Then again, I suppose this is where the roll of the dice come into things."

Guess you all are fine going from a little too much (which accumulates over time making it look more than it actually is) back to spell fragment starvation again, that line isn't as far away as many think.
Which is why I said,
" Also, it occurs to me that part of the original idea here was to bring back more balance to the disenchanting tool in the MA. "

Darielle

As a general rule
You cannot really use forum comments or polls to determine what most players want.
At best you get an idea of what most active forum users want.
But is the forum representative of players in general?

The poll here represents active forum users, who were interested in this subject enough to vote.
As far as you know this could be like polling people in Starbucks about their favorite morning beverage.
"93% of Americans prefer coffee over tea or juice. And 76% prefer it to be as over priced as possible"
True. That's why it's impossible to say whether anyone is in the minority or the majority. I didn't start that line of thought, but you're right, I should not have defended it with the opposite because there was no defense either way. Thanks for reminding me of that.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
I have opened a poll for this.

Behave everyone :)

Good Morning,

It has been brought to my attention that few voters have simply logged to vote and never returned to the forum. Upon further investigation, I do see here that some of them are alternate accounts. If I see any more alternate accounts pushing this vote, I will archive this thread. That will not be fair to the OP, nor to those who have put in the effort to help polish the concept. There is nothing wrong with advocating for the idea, but I will advise when you do so to let the individuals know cheating will not be tolerated.

Furthermore, I will be looking at other threads I have opened for votes. Upon what I find there, I may have to reevaluate this whole section of the forum. Remember, I am here to help your voices be heard, that does not mean I will allow certain things to occur that you may otherwise find acceptable elsewhere.

Happy Voting,
Xelenia

Darielle

Wow, it seems insane that someone would cheat on such polls. You have to wonder why people are so pathetic. :(

Arkadia

- Good idea on removing some of the SF

- I already have waaaay too many gum trees, mana plants, and all the library sets....
DO NOT WANT MORE OF THOSE......
Unless....
making the gum tree (or create a new building) that is S1+1 and
same with the Endless Scrolls..... waaaaaaay toooooo muuuuch scroooooolls rolling around already.

Could use:
- def more DA!!!
- more of the CC,
- speeders,
- Genies,
- or add Carting Libraries,
- add buildings that produce S1+1, S2+1, S3+1 ...... NOT a SET type of goods that everybody is producing

Risen Malchiah

It has been brought to my attention that few voters have simply logged to vote and never returned to the forum.
While it certainly is possible that some are cheating, it's also possible that some have specifically logged into the forum just to vote. I've mentioned these polls in my fellowship so there could be players who rarely visit the forums who came to check this out. I've also seen the polls in the Ideas section mentioned by third parties in various Facebook groups for the game. I apologize if that makes things more difficult.

Darielle

There is another thread here somewhere that someone started so they complain about something and then commented on it with their two alts, just to make it look more serious.
oh wow ... I guess you have to pity some people if they are so insecure. :(