• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Cities looking like slums now

DeletedUser2753

Katwijk: If you read the part you posted and its link, it continues with:

Limitations
City building must be identified as the primary gameplay of the specified game. Not to be confused with RTS (Real-Time Strategy) games or other strategy games, where building does occur, however as a secondary part of gameplay (e.g. for warfare purposes, although still an important part of the gameplay). Thus, such games should be excluded from this game group (simply put, gameplay is primarily for city building purposes).

The only game they list for InnoGames GmbH is Tribal Wars 2
Description
Tribal Wars 2 is the successor to Tribal Wars. The concept of the game stays the same. The player needs resources (wood, clay and iron) which can be produced, traded on the market or through farming. With this resources the player can build new buildings, upgrade buildings or recruit soldiers. The game features new buildings (e.g. a hospital, tavern and preceptory) and two new units (berserker and trebuchet). New features are tribe skills, an item shop and achievements. Development on both games was continued, independent from each other.​

Tribal Wars was Innogames first game and the base for all that follow including Elvenar. This game they classify as Strategy/Tactics not as a City Builder. Ergo they would see Elvenar in the same light. Go Argue with them

I certainly don't want to go duck hunting with you for fear, again you will shoot yourself in the foot.​

DeletedUser61

Tribal Wars was Innogames first game and the base for all that follow including Elvenar. This game they classify as Strategy/Tactics not as a City Builder. Ergo they would see Elvenar in the same light. Go Argue with them
You've apparently never played any of the other InnoGames titles. Forge of Empires is the progenitor of Elvenar. Tribal Wars isn't even close.

Here's an article, written a couple of weeks ago, about how InnoGames is currently organized, using a Studio structure.
http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Chri..._as_we_grew_from_three_to_over_400_people.php
  1. We launched Elvenar with great success. The key KPIs are looking even stronger than those of Forge of Empires.
  2. We are seeing much stronger personal identification with our products and our empowered teams are demonstrating great decision making, setting their products up for future success.
  3. We have become much better at failing fast. Now that the communication overhead is reduced, we are creating more concepts and prototypes than ever before. More thought goes into which idea we actually go ahead with, and ultimately end up investing 12-24 months and several millions of budget into it.
  4. The new structure allows us to focus on covering more genres than ever before. We have more games in development now than in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2753

I stand corrected, since checking Innogames itself, they call Tribal Wars a Strategy game. My point is that to the new user the game is advertised and promoted as a City Builder Game and now that it is not as advertised, and has strayed from that definition, it should be reclassified as a Strategy game with dung.

Elvenar
Fantasy City Builder Game
In Elvenar you will find yourself in a mythical fantasy world. This beautiful fantasy city builder lets you choose to play as either elves or humans. Your task as the ruler of the town is to help your people prosper. While the mystic elves command powerful magic, which shows in both their creatures and their buildings, humans exhibit a strong connection to medieval weaponry.

In the fantasy online game Elvenar, almost every building can be upgraded and visually changed multiple times to increase productivity, becoming ever more beautiful in the process. The main hall, factories, workers huts, residentials and many more buildings are waiting to be upgraded by your eager hands. Transform your small village into an aspiring kingdom!

Embark on exciting quests on the world map, explore the areas around your city and pick up rare relics to boost your production. And don’t forget to research advanced technologies! More than 200 different improvements can be discovered and unlocked in the online city builder world of Elvenar.

Source https://www.innogames.com/games/elvenar/

Can you honestly say the Level 21 Human/Orc Main Hall, after progression up through level 17, is a representation of an aspiring kingdom.

Humansorc2.png

DeletedUser43

And two more big players just quit. Hanzel and Lady Sparkles on Arendyll. I keep hearing of more and more folks walking out the door. You can add agapito to that list too. Brymstone quit a while ago along with Monomachos and Cathartidae. Big huge players that all walked out.

DeletedUser3116

I am getting a little apprehensive about all this. I got a message about these Orcs and Goblins coming to cities, and I watched the video, but I must have missed a part that you didn't have a choice. Are you saying that we can't choose whether to have these things trashing out hard work? I thought you could choose whether to use them or not. It is bad enough that you find mostly gold mines on the world map, because people are purged for non-play, and you can't scout out until you finish a province, which you can't do if you need something you don't have (like crystals or scrolls), as you have not made it to that level of manufacturing yet. Now, we are forced to accept these destructive inhabitants into our cities?

DeletedUser

If you want to progress, you will eventually have to complete ch. viii, orcs & goblins. The only way not to is to either stop all progress on the tech tree, or wait until yet another guest race is available, and then upgrade through the orc stuff and straight into the next one very quickly.

I've heard through the grapevine that the dev's are planning to try and fix this, but it would be nice if we would get some sort of official announcement to that effect so people would stop leaving. We're ranked 25 in Winyandor and down 3 players. And even if they "fix" the problems, it's too late to get all those players back. On that note, anyone in Winyandor with ADVANCED marble production (gem production also a plus) looking for a great active trading/visiting fellowship can check out Kings & Queens Fellowship. Losing big players left some gaping holes in our trade balance, which we've mostly resolved, but holding out for someone to fill the last gap. I'll post later to the Winyandor fs board. But I think it's important here to mention that losing these players really affects the rest of us - our trade balances go out of whack, which can't just be fixed with a new player with the same boosts. And lets face it... the gameplay's not all that interesting, with tons of down time. Click, click, click, wait................... Many of us fill that extra time with the social aspect granted by FS chat, myself included. Losing friends to this orc nightmare forces me to reconsider my own reasons for staying... and they're dwindling. The main reason I'm still playing Elvenar at this point is for contact with my friends, including one who's battling cancer. Please give us all reasons to stay, to keep playing, not more insurmountable road blocks, ugly buildings, and a storyline that makes us feel icky. Retention is already hard enough.

Instead of mind-control mushrooms, what if the goblins made the mushrooms because they're the orcs' favorite delicacies? And orcs will gladly help you if you pay them in tasty mushroom dishes, which can only be made by goblins? What about that for a storyline that doesn't involve one race controlling another, but instead promotes mutual assistance and respect?

And there is NO way to make orc dung into something nice. It's just gross.

DeletedUser2231

Bummer, my post got deleted. So, I'll toss this spin on it. I like the orc look ten times better than the lavender happy rainbow look. Just my two cents!

DeletedUser2753

I like the orc look ten times better than the lavender happy rainbow look

This is not about aesthetics. I dislikes all those colors and big flowers as well, plus the smaller Main Hall. but liked the Ponds. My complaint is that guest races should not dominate all buildings, go garden, party, mine, give me a pond but Leave me to my Main Hall, workshops and factories. The design of the game changed with Guest Races.

DeletedUser2231

I agree with what you are saying, I'm just glad there is something to look forward to as far as my personal taste is concerned. And yes, the entire city seems to change with this new "era".

DeletedUser1987

I'm really curious. Am I the only person who has been near an actual mushroom farm in real life?

Because I have to tell you, this is not the sort of thing that you would want anywhere near your fancy city. In the middle of nowhere, yes. Cluttered up next to your houses, no. It's not sanitary. They literally grow the mushrooms in feces. They stink. That element of reality makes me not want any buildings with anything to do with mushrooms in my city.

I still don't mind the residences so much. It's the other buildings I don't like.

DeletedUser2753

Cluttered up next to your houses, no. It's not sanitary.

Once you said that I felt ok since my plan was to place the farms behind my Workshops which i wanted to upgrade from whatever they had become with the Fairies. So I went and looked hoping they did not look like Meth Labs with Orcs, and it is a toss up on that one but they do look creepy.

I then decided to look at the mfgs, Dust, being one of my boosts and yes again new graphics and upgrades. But looking at Planks and Silk, The graphics and upgrades remain the same. end of the line. Has anyone else noticed, there are no upgrades anymore for tier one and two mfgs? or am i wrong.

DeletedUser1987

They released upgrades for t1 buildings with dwarves, t2 for fairies, t3 with orcs. I presume that when they release the fourth guest race, t1 buildings will get another upgrade.

DeletedUser2753

Caanna; Was it not with dwarfs they had upgrades for All three, with Fairies just tier two and three and now only tier three ?
PS I was going to use another word then "creepy", more in keeping with the theme and your post, but decided not to push the Mods. LOL

DeletedUser1987

No, dwarves did not have upgrades for all three. Only tier 1 manufactories.

DeletedUser627

I just know I'm losing my Magic Dust beauties for those horrible replacements - and will be stuck with them for two additional Races! I'd like to started a pity club for we misfortunates with Plank, Silk and Dust. So far, we're getting the short end of the stick with every upgrade. My city looks like a squirming mass.

DeletedUser1987

At least the lvl 19 Elven planks manufactories are an improvement over the lvl 15 ones.

DeletedUser43

Instead of mind-control mushrooms, what if the goblins made the mushrooms because they're the orcs' favorite delicacies? And orcs will gladly help you if you pay them in tasty mushroom dishes, which can only be made by goblins?

That sounds simply wonderful! Much much better. It doesn't help the truly ugly buildings, but it fixes one part so easily! We just have to call them something other than psychoshrooms......maybe truffles? Or a Truffshroom? And voila, no drugs or experimenting on humans.

But ugly buildings....oh, they are so bad. And they look nothing like orcs btw. They look very tribal.