• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Diamond Purchase Protest - Changes to Lighthouse & Bell Tower AWs Unacceptable

DeletedUser7421

so far this sets yet another precedent in which Innogames shows its not reliable.

So long as people are running to buy diamonds and nuts and whatever else inno is selling, inno will continue to think it's OK to do whatever they want, regardless of how it affects anyone. My advice to new players would be to move on and find a new game to play before you end up making friendships that tie you to a sinking dingy of a game.

DeletedUser12233

Kinda the same here. And me being one of those larger players, I too am slowing down trading. Not even bothering to open the trade-window every day

Unfortunately the people who are hurt are the lower level players who either dont have fellowships or are in inactive fellowships... which is supposedly who Inno was trying to help.

DeletedUser2870

So long as people are running to buy diamonds and nuts and whatever else inno is selling, inno will continue to think it's OK to do whatever they want, regardless of how it affects anyone. My advice to new players would be to move on and find a new game to play before you end up making friendships that tie you to a sinking dingy of a game.

Quite so.
Which is why I have been warning people I know in the online gaming community to take a look at the forums first, and have been supplying them with quite a few examples of Inno's way of handling things here.
Hardly surprising, most have decided not to join.
And in the same fashion, I seem to be left pretty much as one of only a handful who still play when compared to the pretty large group of players who started with me, most of shich I knew from other games already. However, over the last few months more and more of them quit.

DeletedUser12233

@qaccy
First point: yes, I remember the way the CL was before. I actually remember when they first introduced the AWs. You seem to be unable to grasp my point here.
They designed the CL in a certain way, then decided it needed a boost. Fine so far. So they changed it and now decided it is overpowered in this new change. Also fine. I do not have a problem with it being taken down a notch. The point is it hasn't been taken down a notch, it has been castrated, which is something rather diffferent.

The point about the diamonds: I guess you are right that the not-spending diamonds doesn't matter, since they are indeed already paid for. But the not-buying is a different matter.
On that account I also at least partially disagree with you on who spends and when they do. I know several players who, like myself, used to buy diamonds regularly, whether they needed them or not. In my case, I just had set myself a budget every month and I just spent that money. Not more if it was convenient (or hardly ever so, unless I was treating myself to an expansion), but also not less when I didn't need diamonds right away. It pretty much resulted in me stockpiling diamonds, since I didn't always use them right away. Sure, a lot of diamonds get used during the start of a new chapter, but that doesn't automatically mean they are bought at that time.

And it does seem to have some kind of effect, because I get bombarded more and more often by prompts to buy them, with increasingly better rates: 10% more, 20% more, 30% more, 40% more and this week 50% more diamonds for the same money. A test account even got an offer for 100% more diamonds.

And yes, I'm sure everyone gets those offers once in a while, especially during events, I now however, hardly see a single day where I'm not getting a 'special offer' to be taken in the next 24 hours. Far more than I used to, and with far better percentages. So either they are generally more agressively trying to haul in money, or they noticed that my spending stopped.
Btw, I noticed that the package I used to take, the one for $20,00 now has been discontinued, but newer ones have been added for really ridiculous amounts of money. Amounts starting players will be really hesitant to take, so in that aspect it seems they are trying to get more money out of the existing 'whales'

@Dhurrin - I totally agree. I used to buy lots of diamonds and stockpile. Like you I had a monthly budget. And if I could go over the budget I would. I did stockpile diamonds and used them when needed. Now I will not buy diamonds. I would have quit the game if it wasnt for my fellowship.

DeletedUser2870

@Dhurrin - I totally agree. I used to buy lots of diamonds and stockpile. Like you I had a monthly budget. And if I could go over the budget I would. I did stockpile diamonds and used them when needed. Now I will not buy diamonds. I would have quit the game if it wasnt for my fellowship.

Same here. I'm only here for the FS, the game itself is getting less and less attractive. And the support, which never was that great anyway, is dropping to levels that go shamefully low. A normal answer is hard to get.

DeletedUser7421

Which is why I have been warning people I know in the online gaming community to take a look at the forums first, and have been supplying them with quite a few examples of Inno's way of handling things here.
Hardly surprising, most have decided not to join.
And in the same fashion, I seem to be left pretty much as one of only a handful who still play when compared to the pretty large group of players who started with me, most of shich I knew from other games already. However, over the last few months more and more of them quit.

Yes I've taken to warning new players also. I am still waiting for someone to step up and accept archmage in my 4th city so I can be finished with this horrendously run game.

edeba

Would like to purchase diamonds and don't mind spending money on the game, but still very disappointed at the crystal lighthouse and the wholesaler changes. The changes have been too drastic and unreasonable. They are a true bait and switch and I've refused at least two offers I would have taken before the last unacceptable change.

DeletedUser663

Members of Phoenix Power, the leading Fellowship in Arendyll, have voted overwhelmingly to continue their Protest throughout November. Team members will not be buying or using diamonds during this period. Many of our team are regular buyers and users of diamonds and we trust that our continued protest will be listened to.

We encourage developers to respond to our genuine concerns that the changes to Lighthouse and Bell Tower AWs are wrong. The changes discourage visits to neighbours, which in turn will hurt newer, developing players. We hope to hear something positive to indicate that our concerns are being taken seriously.

DeletedUser1077

Although we are not a high diamond usage fellowship, we have temporarily changed our fellowship name to Realm Utopia Phoenix Ban in support....hope our small contribution helps.....If you have another suggestion, am happy to listen and take on board.

grumpymumpy

qaccy

Be sure to continue to extend this protest into and during the next chapter release as well. See how easy it is for some of you 'end of tech' folks to stick to your guns when there's actually something significant to spend diamonds on.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: 'protesting' the use of diamonds at a period when there's nothing to use them on doesn't really mean much. It's like saying you aren't going to spend money on groceries when your cupboards are already full.

All of this still pales in comparison to the fact that there are still far more users spending and buying diamonds than there are in this 'protest'. I imagine it's even more true now with the advent of the mobile release, opening the game up to a whole new crowd of users.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I've said it before and I'll say it again: 'protesting' the use of diamonds at a period when there's nothing to use them on doesn't really mean much. It's like saying you aren't going to spend money on groceries when your cupboards are already full.

From what I have seen, it appears that large quantities of diamonds were spent by certain fellowships in the early hours of this last Fellowship Adventures. Some of the giant score spikes within the first hour seem unexplainable without diamonds or large amounts of member changes.

DeletedUser6219

From what I have seen, it appears that large quantities of diamonds were spent by certain fellowships in the early hours of this last Fellowship Adventures. Some of the giant score spikes within the first hour seem unexplainable without diamonds or large amounts of member changes.

Or these fellowships knew exactly what was going to be required since it was the exact same thing as last time and assigned productions and had their FS members have everything ready to go at start. Not saying some FS didn't use diamonds for the FA, but some of them just used plain ol' good strategy.

DeletedUser9601

Or these fellowships knew exactly what was going to be required since it was the exact same thing as last time and assigned productions and had their FS members have everything ready to go at start. Not saying some FS didn't use diamonds for the FA, but some of them just used plain ol' good strategy.
Exactly this. Folks had several days' notice. For advanced players at the end of the tech tree, thats plenty of time to pre-build the items needed for quests. Its the same how some people clear the Holiday Event main quest line in a week or less. Its just planning.
If any advanced players spent diamonds, I'm sure they waited until the last day, when it would be clear how many badges would be needed to secure a Top 3 ranking.