• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Dwarven Armorer

mrossnyc

I like this idea. And giving an FS an incentive or reward for clearing the final chest has no impact on the ability of another FS to receive the same reward.
When the first 10 chests were a challenge, we were rewarded with a Blueprint.
When the Spire started, that final chest and the possible rewards were a challenge.
Over time, we learned how to achieve both of those challenges while our cities grew stronger.
However, now, there isn't much incentive to clear that final chest.

The FS's that come close can put Perk points into the tourney to help them clear that last chest. The points won't help every week, but it will get them closer AND they'll have more of an incentive to do so.

Dhurrin

Bad idea this makes the tourney much easier for those that already rule it. it's like tax breaks for the wealthy who do not need it anyway.

The 1 good part of the +9 chests is that the prizes are more for honour than that they are so good you need them.
In essence they are mostly useless (and yes my FS get's those 19 often enough)

btw dwarven armourers arent that difficult to get, you just need to do the spire top the top every week and they will come your way.
You just need to make sure you do not overspend them in times of many so you have something in the bad weeks.

I use 1 DA every 2 weeks and they are lasting for as long as I can imagine, I had a period where I went form 13 to 2 DA's or so. my record is 15 and I currently own 13 of them.
I wish. I make it to the top every week, but sure as heck am not even averaging 1 DA every week, let alone more than 1.

Deleted User - 1178646

I wish. I make it to the top every week, but sure as heck am not even averaging 1 DA every week, let alone more than 1.
1 every 2 weeks in the spire., thats a huge difference to 1 a week

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Why do they need the motivation? Groups do it now without that motivation.
I don’t know if most people would bother with tourney at all if there wasn’t a blueprint dangling at the end of 10th chest. Most FS institute minimums to ensure that blueprint is obtainable, as there are less that have Spire requirements. I mean, the first jump from casual to more competitive play is a FS enforcing activity level. People don’t want to play with freeloaders and dead beats not pulling their weight on group prizes. That’s less of a problem if there is nothing after 10th chest because yes, what’s the difference if my FS gets 4 chests vs 8 otherwise. Everyone can slack off to their heart’s content and no need for instituting minimums.

We are getting 19th chests now with help of Perk points, but if I were shopping for a new FS, 19 chests would be on the bottom of my needs list in terms of what I am looking for because it’s not that much different from 15 or 18 chests. If there is something dangling at the end of 19th chest though, then I might bump that up on priority. Cause it’s like why climb full Spire with a Silver group when you do the same work and can get rewards for Gold. If I am already doing the work for 19th chest caliber FS, then I might as well take that extra prize.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I don't agree, I think it will imbalance the game. The 10th chest is supposed to be the major reward, hence it was made so easy to achieve. I am also certain the devs won't consider this even if it gets past the CM's which I doubt, surely we have better ideas with better chances.

Personally I would rather see a DA for top of the spire as a 100% drop along with a random final reward. But that is more about making the final chest rewarding for the effort. Tournaments the final chest is 10, the others are just extra for fs who have a lot of people that can achieve much more than the 40K for 10 chests. Chests 11-19 are supposed to be huge incentives to push people higher, just a bonus if you do go higher.

bkbajb

I don't agree, I think it will imbalance the game. The 10th chest is supposed to be the major reward, hence it was made so easy to achieve. I am also certain the devs won't consider this even if it gets past the CM's which I doubt, surely we have better ideas with better chances.

Personally I would rather see a DA for top of the spire as a 100% drop along with a random final reward. But that is more about making the final chest rewarding for the effort. Tournaments the final chest is 10, the others are just extra for fs who have a lot of people that can achieve much more than the 40K for 10 chests. Chests 11-19 are supposed to be huge incentives to push people higher, just a bonus if you do go higher.

I agree and like your idea but what I find frustrating in the Spire is getting all of these artifacts that I do not need. Some you can occasionally craft into sorceries but what about allowing us to craft them into DA's. Our FS in Harandar gets gold and 19 chests every week, but these artifacts to me are useless.

Ronbear the Grand

And this is a discussion about whether that idea is worth voting on or whether it needs improvement or whether it isn't worth bothering to move forward. Did you think it was something else?

Why should getting 19 chests deserve a better prize than it already offers? Why not 40,000 diamonds for the 11th chest?
I love that idea! Let’s vote on it!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I do wonder how many fs's are 17, 18, or into the 19th chest and falling just short of finishing 19. I doubt there are many and I suspect their current motivation of getting that high and pushing themselves to get to the 19th is already enough to eventually get them there. The extra reward won't make any difference to their motivation level. In other words, at that level, I would suspect, the the reason they are falling short isn't motivation, but ability. And that won't be changed by more motivation.

And if you consider those fs's who are below, 15 or 16 but above 10. Will they be motivated to actually move from where they are all the way to 19 by the addition of a DA prize. I doubt it since the distance from 15 or 16 to finishing 19 is pretty large.

So, in summary, will the addition of a DA push many to actually finish the 19th chest who aren't currently? Those that are will anyway, and those who are close enough already have the motivation and just fall short on the ability, I suspect.

So, no, add nothing for finishing the 19th.

AJ

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Lots of interesting points made above by various players!
One point that no one made yet is that the side events are really amazing additions to the game, and even though we struggled to get there at first, now most of the top fellowships are doing ten chests minimum and Gold in the spire, because we have all come to appreciate the value of the prizes. But once you have been doing these every week for two years, the same-old same-old prizes do become a bit uninspiring. It would be so easy to surprise us with something new every week - a mystery prize that is not announced in advance, not just in the 19th chest, elsewhere in spire and tournaments.
I do hope the designers will consider this; the side events are fun and valuable, but could IMO be improved with more variation in rewards.

Higher lvl chests should have better rewards than current, and progressively so, but the rewards need to cater to both play styles, fighting and catering. Adding a Dwarven Armorer does not do this, it favours fighting.
With enough DAs, anyone can fight.

I do wonder how many fs's are 17, 18, or into the 19th chest and falling just short of finishing 19. I doubt there are many and I suspect their current motivation of getting that high and pushing themselves to get to the 19th is already enough to eventually get them there. The extra reward won't make any difference to their motivation level. In other words, at that level, I would suspect, the the reason they are falling short isn't motivation, but ability. And that won't be changed by more motivation.

And if you consider those fs's who are below, 15 or 16 but above 10. Will they be motivated to actually move from where they are all the way to 19 by the addition of a DA prize. I doubt it since the distance from 15 or 16 to finishing 19 is pretty large.

So, in summary, will the addition of a DA push many to actually finish the 19th chest who aren't currently? Those that are will anyway, and those who are close enough already have the motivation and just fall short on the ability, I suspect.

So, no, add nothing for finishing the 19th.

AJ
Their "ability" might be changed by a guaranteed DA.