• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Eldrasil's Ascending

Buttrflwr

After the Legendary Instants...and the Flourishing Nut Cave (which now gives supplies or mana depending on chapter).

The description for the nut cave does not SAY it gives mana, I know that they implemented it on beta, did they keep it for live? I am looking at it now, and nowhere in the description does it say mana, still just says culture. I am hoping they just forgot to change the description (GASP) and I didn't save the rest of my nuts for nothing. :confused:o_O

DeletedUser5800

The description for the nut cave does not SAY it gives mana, I know that they implemented it on beta, did they keep it for live? I am looking at it now, and nowhere in the description does it say mana, still just says culture. I am hoping they just forgot to change the description (GASP) and I didn't save the rest of my nuts for nothing. :confused:o_O
D&S Just Cult.
upload_2017-10-22_17-37-7.png

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I don't think the building will stay the way it came out on live servers because of what I read on beta. The following quote is from Marindor, the Community Manager on the beta forums. This was posted on Saturday at 9:46 am beta forum time. It was in response to the outcry from beta players:

"We understand that and we have also learned from this that next time as soon as we find out a building isn't doing what it's supposed to do, we will inform our players through an ingame news message right away. We will also do this on our Live servers, where this is tomorrows daily reward because unfortunately we weren't able to implement the fix in time on Live. Although these are things we will never be able to prevent 100% on Beta, we are sorry for the frustration it caused and will, in case it happens again, at least do our best to be quicker with informing our players."

teddeler

Okay, story problem here: I want a Flourishing Nut Cave and I've got 315 nuts left. Do I have a better chance of getting it if I do 6 tries at 7% or 2 tries at 25%?
I took a class on statistics some years ago so I know it's not as simple as adding them (otherwise 4 tries at 25% would give you 100% chance and that's simply not the case) but I've forgotten how. Of course, there's also the 20% chance of being given another go in the mix. No idea how that would affect it.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@teddeler small chest gives a tiny bit better odds. Just be sure to watch how many nuts you have left, you don't want to finish the event with ~40 that you can't use.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I would need 4,900 nuts to get the last reward. It costs 8300 diamonds to buy 2000 nuts. I would have to be nuttier than this event if I spent $79.99 to get 11,000 diamonds, which still is not enough to get the last reward.

My friend quit playing Elvenar because she said everything is revolving around getting the players to spend money by buying diamonds. I tried to talk her into staying but her mind was set. Granted no one is forcing you to spend your hard-earned money but you do get frustrated when you purchase diamonds to get a reward which is random, and after trying 5 or 6 times you still don’t get the reward. You may get loads of other rewards. I now have 5 of those Orc merchant trader buildings. Arrrrr!

Been noticing as you get closer to finishing an event, the quests start getting longer and longer to complete. Productions could take a day, buildings will need to be leveled up much higher than in the beginning of the event. So if you don’t want to be caught sleepin’, plan ahead if you want the chance to try for those rewards, and not go broke doing so.

Strap in Elvenar players because we're in for another bumpy ride. The Halloween Event will soon be upon us.

DeletedUser9247

Time for my selfish feedback. For me it was a marvelous event. Easy going quests and useful rewards.
I loved the newsletter with 100 nuts at the start- please make it a habit!!!
I've managed to complete mainline tasks very early on and went nuts for instants winning about dozen of 20h and about 20 of 14h ones. Set my goal for 4 Vallorian Valors and managed to obtain them as well(perfect 1 in 4).
Thanks to instants I've managed to go from orcs into woodelves just in time to collect 2 mana sawmills(only 4 tries!)1 hour before day's end. And wonder of all- got 1 flourishing cave with my last 150 nuts on the only one try I had left. Contarty to about everyone else I'm more happy with it giving mana then not.
All in all I feel like big winner. Kudos to the Team!

SoggyShorts

I would need 4,900 nuts to get the last reward. It costs 8300 diamonds to buy 2000 nuts. I would have to be nuttier than this event if I spent $79.99 to get 11,000 diamonds, which still is not enough to get the last reward.My friend quit playing Elvenar because she said everything is revolving around getting the players to spend money by buying diamonds.

This was actually the first event where you could get the third prize for free guaranteed if you used the double sprouts days.

Tauriel Dragonwood

SoggyShorts, if you're referring to the notification in the upper right-hand corner that would occasionally appear, I asked the Support Team what that was and they told it was just to let you know how long you have to wait for the extra questline. I wasn't aware we had double sprout days. I worked on both questlines and still have no idea how you could get the 3rd prize for free.

DeletedUser7370

...I asked the Support Team what that was and they told it was just to let you know how long you have to wait for the extra questline.
Goes to show that the devs don't even communicate with their volunteer support team. Given that tidbit no one should expect any of them to have reasonable communications with use mere players.

SoggyShorts

SoggyShorts, if you're referring to the notification in the upper right-hand corner that would occasionally appear, I asked the Support Team what that was and they told it was just to let you know how long you have to wait for the extra questline. I wasn't aware we had double sprout days. I worked on both questlines and still have no idea how you could get the 3rd prize for free.
Yeah....Don't ask support questions.
There were 3 days that had a double sprout countdown appear in the top right corner of your screen. Any nut you opened gave double sprouts on those days. On average you get ~900 sprouts, and all 3 prizes total 1,350 needed, so if you spent most of your nuts on double days you win the third prize.

teddeler

Huzzah! I got the Nut Cave! <happy dance:p>
I suspect the game gremlins have a mischievious sense of humor, though, because I got it on my last try - my third or fourth 'last try', actually, as I kept getting extra nuts. Talk about ratcheting up the tension.

Risen Malchiah

I just found a work-around for the changes to the nut cave: Use the last few hundred nuts you have saved up but don't win any buildings. I just tried that on both accounts and it worked perfectly.:cool:
That is brilliant. I will remember that the next time I don't want something. :)

DeletedUser12171

I am stuck at the 40 Relic stage. Exactly how am I to come up with 40 Relics?

for me it was a combination of tournament and clearing provinces. Cleared 2 provinces for 16 relics and the rest came from this week's dust tournament

DeletedUser12171

in this event there were 4 days where you could have gotten double sprouts. That meant that for every nutshell you opened, you got 10/20/40 points instead of the usual 5/10/20. Theoretically, you save ~5000 nuts and open them all on a double sprout day and would be guaranteed the 3rd GP. In fact, however, because sometimes you got more nuts when opening the shells, you would have needed quite a bit less than 5000 as long as you opened a lot at a time (say a minimum of 1000-1500 nuts).

How I knew about these days:

• I got an Elvenar newsletter in the email (as did several others) and read it there
  • Some people posted the info from the newsletter in these forums in the first couple days of the events. Some people in my FS also did so in our FS chat
  • At some point there was a pop-up notification when I logged in on a double sprout day (think it was the 3rd or 4th one)
  • The "special offer timer" on the upper right corner was shown for at least the last 2 double sprout days
  • People in my fellowship talked about double sprout days
  • People in the forum continually talked about double sprout days
  • Gamersgemsofknowledge had a list of which days were double sprout days
  • Also, while supposedly being "random", 3 of the 4 double sprout days were on the same day of the week (6 pm on Saturday until 6 pm Sunday, U.S. Eastern time). It kinda gave an idea that it would be every weekend. The last one was on Fri - Sat, for whatever reason, and I think it did come with a pop-up notification as well.

I understand that in spite of all this, there could still be people who didn't get the memo. Could more have been done? I don't know, what do you think could have been done on the part of the devs? Short of there being a daily reminder, which I personally think would have been a bit over the top, I can't think of any other way.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3689

Just wanted to say that imho this is the best event ever! I've been playing about a year; my first was the Winter Solstice in 2016. The quests are reasonable, the double nuts are awesome, and the decos are just amazing ;-) I love all the Elvenar trees, so I am in heaven this time around. Many thanks to the team who put this all together for us - it was really awesome in every respect. Three cheers for the Art Dept ., too. They should get a raise lol