• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Evolution of the Phoenix feedback

DeletedUser21053

Hi there! Just so people know .... I did get another quest after I did the Basket of groceries 15 x ... I had a butload of 14 hour time bonuses from the last offer so I decided to use them on that quest. Now they are having me make 9 toolboxes... I am waiting for that one since its 24 hours... but just wanted others to know there was more. I found some where on the forum there is some kind of quest sequence list on a site called the Tomato hu or something like that (don't laugh I am new and can't find the link) Anyway .. when I did click on that link that I can't find anymore I saw that there was the daily quest list and also the sequence list was updated with the new quests and they made the comment that hopefully there will be more .. right now I saw about 3

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
the problem is if you get extra quests days in to an event means you game plan on incomplete information .. it's a bad precedent to set for future events

Why? They added quests because of player feedback. Beta is just now getting to the end of the event. I am REALLY having a hard time understanding why anybody would complain about an added free chance to get 1300 more essence. Seriously!?!? :eek::eek::eek:

Here is the really annoying part about complaints. NOBODY HAS TO DO THE ADDED QUESTS! If you don't want them then just ignore them while the rest of us enjoy and are grateful for the nice surprise! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thank you Inno! :D:D:D

hvariidh gwendrot

sounds like beta had a bunch of cry babies that didn't get a participation trophy and a big bowl of instant gratification so they threw a pity party till a weak willed inno person caved vs doing what you were able in the time prescribed then using what you have to the best of your abilities ... basing decisions on how to build when to delete them at what speed do i need participate to finish, maybe get some of those 14hr dailies vs passing etc on incorrect information is a legit complaint .. as for me i'll finish them but the point stands it's a bad decision

rvtdragon1

Seems to me that the phrase "damned if they do and damned if they don't" is relevant here. They saw that a lot of players were finishing the quest list early. They also saw that people were less than happy that they could not get more Evolving Artifacts. They tried to make the best of a situation and offered more quests for more Essence for more flags for more Artifacts. How does anybody lose in this situation? Yes, I have very little room and will probably not be able to do many of the new quests but so what. Not the end of the world. I will get what I can with what I can get and move on.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
the problem is if you get extra quests days in to an event means you game plan on incomplete information .. it's a bad precedent to set for future events
I couldn't disagree more.

My Beta feedback where we only have 4.5 days to do all 20:
This is AWESOME. The easiest event ever(boring) followed by the first real challenge in a very long time.
They should always do this- add some hard quests with 4-5 days to go.
I deleted 4 residences, a T4,T5,T3 to make room for some turds.
It's been YEARS since I had to actually put effort into completing an event
THANK YOU INNO

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
sounds like beta had a bunch of cry babies that didn't get a participation trophy and a big bowl of instant gratification so they threw a pity party till a weak willed inno person caved vs doing what you were able in the time prescribed then using what you have to the best of your abilities ... basing decisions on how to build when to delete them at what speed do i need participate to finish, maybe get some of those 14hr dailies vs passing etc on incorrect information is a legit complaint .. as for me i'll finish them but the point stands it's a bad decision

What exactly do you think the whole reason for Beta to even exist? What you are saying makes no sense at all in the context of a Beta setting :rolleyes: This worked exactly as a Beta trial should. They got the player feedback and acted on it. Voi La! Successful Beta testing!

hvariidh gwendrot

it's ok to disagree but page one on this thing said you wont finish all three probably not 1 then they change it > during < the live event :eek: by definition that changes the premise decisions were founded on .. anybody think this is the last event we are going to have and a continuation of themes not possible ?? it was ill timed, ill made, poor thinking but like i said i'll finish and use all the essence and take the goodies..... but just because it worked out in my favor this time i do not encourage changes mid events on timelines and prizes or anything .. that is a sure fire way to make boo boos

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
sounds like beta had a bunch of cry babies that didn't get a participation trophy
It's an open beta. Anyone can play there and offer feedback.

I've been suggesting for years that they hold back on part of the event, so I'm about as opposed to you as I can be on this one. I think it's a fantastic touch to keep interest up for a longer period of time for everyone, and in particular forestalls the ennui that sweeps over the advanced players when they have nothing to do after finishing the last chapter.

The Unbeliever

Ooooooooooor... (now stay with me here),

These "Evolving buildings" are a port over from Forge of Empires. (yes, yes I know, how dare I mention that 'other' game here:rolleyes:).
Now, ever since the Very. First. Time these buildings were introduced there, it has ALWAYS been possible to fain ONE fully leveled 'evolving' buildings, *IF* a player:
1. Completes the entire questline
2. Picks up *all* the 'free' daily log-in currency
3. Plays the event mini-game with at least a small dose of rubbing few brain cells together

Do all 3 of the above, and you were ALWAYS guaranteed to walk away with 1x fully leveled event building.

Now with Elvenar's first attempt, well, as we all know Inno sucks royally at any kind of math, and it is 1000% impossible to get even a single phoenix buildings to Lv.10 without spending loads of $$$.
And as there are a decent number of FoE players here, this had been routinely mentioned day after day about how cheap Inno was being here, not allowing from daily active play to get just 1 building to Lv.10

So now, Inno is adding some added event currency to hopefully make it possible for active players who fully complete all the event lines AND gain lots of daily eggs from around their city, to possibly have a chance to evolve 1 of the 3 phoenix buildings to Lv10. :)
(I honestly don't know if we'll have enough, but hopefully we can get Lv9!)

Thank-you very much Inno for listening to the players and helping us out by fixing this oversight! :) :) :)

Pheryll

Set Designer
Sentients dont count toward the 1-d and 2-d badges in FA any more, so I would assume they might not count towards these either. It's clear whoever came up with these extra 20 quests is not the same as the people who came up with the original list. :rolleyes:

For event quests they have counted toward the 1 and 2 day even after it was changed to 3 and 9 hour for FA. Every implementation, they have counted for something, and up to this point only FA has had them register as 3 and 9 hours.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
maybe get some of those 14hr dailies vs passing etc on incorrect information is a legit complaint .. as for me i'll finish them but the point stands it's a bad decision
You do realize that Inno did not release the quest list, right? That the company's expectation is you participate in the event with NO KNOWLEDGE of the quest line, right? And that the purpose of Beta is feedback, right? And that a game in development can always have changes/modifications, right?
by definition that changes the premise decisions were founded on
it was ill timed, ill made, poor thinking
basing decisions on how to build when to delete them at what speed do i need participate to finish
sounds like beta had a bunch of cry babies
Pot, meet kettle maybe?

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@RandomNo. I'm right there with you :) Finished Constructs and had finished all of the event quests. I was left just bored waiting for the couple of prizes I want to come up so I could see how far I could get my Phoenixes. I'm doing 2 so I am really happy with the added quests :D Now at least I can hope that 1 will be level 10 from quests & gathering essence and the other from my spend. I'm good with that but if I had not been able to at least hope for them to be 9 or 10 I would have been very disappointed & frustrated.

DeletedUser12171

I'm pretty sure with the extra quests and the special event drop building, we will be able to get one building up to stage 10

Not sure why all the whinging about "messed up plans" and whatnot. For those who planned their city progress based on the initial list of quests, if you are not willing to reorganize for the extra quests, you didn't lose anything from your original expectation. If you are in fact willing then now you get more than your original expectation, which for most of us was basically "1 building to stage 6 or 7 without spending any diamonds". I was ready to spend coin to get my fire chicken to stage 10 and I'm glad I now won't have to. Not to mention more daily prizes too.

For the record, I spent all my sky essences (about 4,200+) on the day with the 4 x 14h time instants and got my phoenix to stage 7, over 1,300 hours in instants (21 x daily prize and more from the chest rewards), 55 MM spells and some other minor prizes I didn't bother to track. You calculate how much time is that altogether. Even if my Phoenix couldn't be further upgraded, more daily prizes are welcome. of course, what's most appreciated is the ability to upgrade the Phoenix to stage 10. I got my timer instants, the rest is icing

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20929

Ugh, another event and I don't know what grand prize to try for. Phoenix cult has the most population / prize, but its less pop/square than a normal residence.

I am months away from needing mana or seeds, probably a few events between now and then.

I haven't blown through my shards from the manufacturing event or the FA yet, but more is always welcome.

Can someone help me out? The only thing right now preventing me from growing bigger stronger faster is kp. and I don't see any carting libraries on the list!

Risen Malchiah

Can someone help me out? The only thing right now preventing me from growing bigger stronger faster is kp. and I don't see any carting libraries on the list!
There's a Carting Library that you would ostensibly win automatically after opening enough chests, as well as a Wishing Well and Ferris Wheel. There are also Wishing Wells as a daily coming up.

There don't seem to be any sets to be won, but the evolving Phoenix buildings seem quite powerful. You get all 3 automatically, but the advice so far is it's best to only attempt to evolve one of them since there aren't enough artifacts to be won to evolve all 3 of them. Choose Fire if you like fighting. Choose Storm if you cater and use MM spells a lot. Choose Aureate if you cater and have a ton of boosted factories to benefit from the added goods