• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Evolution of the Phoenix feedback

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Actually the sad thing is that I was under the impression Elvenar was going to some really good extents to keep this game from not getting boring. Until this harpoon was discovered I had heard almost nothing but good feedback on this event. I know I was really liking it a lot and after the Q&A was very encouraged that the devs were planning to do a good job of making it stay fresh & interesting. I just have to wonder who thought putting a 50% surcharge on their top customers was a good idea!

And yes @Enevhar Aldarion Zynga is a perfect example! I've already posted about how reminded of Zynga I was when they decided to give for free prizes I had to spend $ to get. I was a "whale" in Castleville for years. They made some really smooth moves that caused a mass exodus of all the whales I knew. I was there when they closed down 13 (?) games on one day. Do you really think Inno wants to use Zynga as a role model? They only went from a massively successful company to Investment pages talking about how close they were to bankruptcy. I'm thinking someone at Inno might want to learn from that massive failure. It is not a good idea to get huge numbers of your top customers angry by feeling abused.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Aren't we all old enough to not have to revert to name calling such as "whales"?
I, for one of many people, am thankful to those who can and do spend on the game.

I'm not really insulted by "whales" since I now know it refers to top couple % of paying customers. I frankly don't care. I just flip it and am grateful I have always been blessed enough to be able to spend what I want to. If somebody doesn't like that, Oh Well! The point of this conversation is that Elvenar is making a move that will make a lot of whales turn into dolphins

Deleted User - 3932582

Aren't we all old enough to not have to revert to name calling such as "whales"?
I, for one of many people, am thankful to those who can and do spend on the game.
For better or worse, whales is a common reference to top paying players in freemium games. It's not supposed to be derogatory. I always think of it as a shorthand for "big fish" ;)

This might be of interest for those not familiar with monetization aspect of F2P games: https://gameanalytics.com/blog/how-to-identify-whales-in-your-game.html

DeletedUser12171

30 feathers starting from artifact no. 11 on is clearly a sort of soft cap to maintain some level of rarity of the main event prize. As it stands, I'm going to get ONE phoenix to stage 10, spending on only the special event building ($7.99). I was prepared to buy essences to reach stage 10 on one building, but with the additional sequential quests I won't need to. So overall I am going to get what I wanted, for less than I planned to spend, which makes me a happy camper

I am neither for nor against the principle of increasing of grand prize from 20 to 30 feathers after the 10th artifact, only that it should have been published clearly from the start

Pheryll

Set Designer
30 feathers starting from artifact no. 11 on is clearly a sort of soft cap to maintain some level of rarity of the main event prize.

I have doubts on what it was intended to be. Multiple theories cross my mind all dependent on when it was actually implemented. What was posted on the wiki at the time the event started on live, was that all grand prizes cost 20 feathers. It was later (3 days after the publishing of the article) that 20-30 appeared on the wiki only. However, @SoggyShorts recollects a similar problem in the carnival. Either scenario would come up with quite different intentions behind the implementation.

Deleted User - 3932582

30 feathers starting from artifact no. 11 on is clearly a sort of soft cap to maintain some level of rarity of the main event prize
So, just tot confirm - we're getting third Carting Library for 20 feathers, but the next Artifact (and grand prizes after that) would be 30 - correct? So, we're getting 20 GPs for 20, and all others for 30?

The Unbeliever

I agree that the communication on the bump from 20 -> 30 feathers/GP could have been a helluva lot better, but overall, I still think that the big spending players here get more 'bang for buck' than the FoE crowd do...

Consider that the 'cheap' 2nd+ fully leveled evolving building there tends to cost at best 8-10k dias. (and that's assuming one can finish within the top 6% of the event 'league' to get a free +2 additional upgrades, otherwise, take one at least another 4-5k dias!)
The really, really good ones, (ie: Colossus or upcoming World's Fair) that would be the equivalent of these Lv.10 Phoenix buildings will cost those players 45-48k+ dias just for the second one!:p
And while yes, diamond farms are easier to set up over there, a big spender is probably still looking at a minimum $5-600+ to get a second 'super building'.

Now if this latest 'gimmick' has you really upset, then the answer is obvious: don't spend the cash this year, and just be a little patient like we 'freemium' players must be to get more upgrades in next year's event. :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Off topic: 11 days to the end of this event.

Yes, and it feels like the days are going by so slowly. Even with the extra quests they gave us, everything got done so much faster then normal. This is another reason I do not like to pre-plan and complete the tasks as quickly as possible. I am fine with not completing the last of the sequential tasks til there are only a few days left in the event. Not having something more than a daily task to do makes it feel like it is dragging on. lol

As for the actual grand prizes, if I am calculating right for remaining essences available, I will have collected 8 artifacts and 2 of each building by the final day. And that is still without getting a single extra bit of essence from any of the chests. If we get offered those special packs of essence on the final day again, I might buy the small one again if it will get me that 9th artifact. I still do not know if I will evolve one of them to 10 or evolve to of them to 5 each.