• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I did have one city yesterday that must have glitched, because my taskmasters didn't flip places for quite a while when I was collecting & it was quite nice!
If you keep the dwarven brew quest open all of the time, it will stay on top. The statue quest used to stay on the bottom, but for some reason that doesn't work anymore.

The Unbeliever

I don't play FoE so I'm not sure if that is true or sarcasm but either way.... sure. ;)
In FoE's Guild Expeditions, (which is where the FA essentially comes from), you still have;
- 4 total maps to clear.
- X number of encounters/waypoints per level
- Team play aspect

The differences are;
- everyone plays their own individual 'map'. Instead of making badges as a whole & deciding on which paths to take, the map is linear (only 1 path), and you can either fight an encounter, or play a little 'negotiation game' using your goods/coins/supplies to complete each point.

- after every encounter, you get a chest with a randomised prize.
While most of the prizes are coin/supplies, there is also the chance to win more goods, kp's and at the high levels (3 & 4), sometimes rare items/special buildings.
Every 3rd chest of each set of 4 gives basic military units. Every 4th chest (shiny gold colour) gives a chance at DIAMONDS!, fps/goods/rare buildings/blueprints. (aka - FoE's version of runeshards)

- while you play your map as an individual, your completed encounters count towards your overall Guild Completion. Score among the top 3 by the end of the expedition, and your guild will gain a % bonus to the amount of guild experience they earned for that week's GE!
Guild experience is how you level-up your guild to gain more & better bonuses, including daily kp's from your Town Hall. (which normally gives just coins every 24hr collection)

So generally, the biggest difference is that in FoE's version of FA's, outside of the professional whiners/4-5 year vets who are just cranky about everything, players generally walk away happy every week and can win lots of good stuff. (especially the diamonds!)
Even on a 'bad' week, you probably still walk away with some extra kp's for the week, and the equivalent of a few runeshards + some goods & 'free' troops.
The 'worst' aspect about not coming in the top 3 placing, is that your guild doesn't get a 10-25% boost to their guild experience total for the week, vs here, where you get the equivalent of a flaming booby prize.

It honestly wouldn't take much to just port the GE over here and adapt it, but Inno apparently loves to see us complain & end up massively frustrated, while setting our city progression back by a few weeks worth of development every X weeks?!:rolleyes:

hvariidh gwendrot

there are games that tier the competitions based on clans/fellowships power .. gold/silver/bronze and have fellowships play against teams of aprox same power/score ratings .. weight class sort of thing so the heavy weights are not matched against fly weights .. not everyone is Bruce Lee at 145 lbs and wipes out whoever they want, but no sliding scale would have worked for Bruce cause he was the awesomest ever

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
If you keep the dwarven brew quest open all of the time, it will stay on top. The statue quest used to stay on the bottom, but for some reason that doesn't work anymore.
I've been watching the switching around of the quest givers this time, and I think it's related to their order in the FA badges list. The brewers will stay on top (?because it's first in the list?). I'm guessing the statue moved from last place when they added the spell badges. Haven't tried it yet, but betting the Witch's Hat will stay on the bottom during this one, and the sack of coins for the bottom in ones like the March FA that have quest givers for those last 3 badges.

SoggyShorts

the Witch's Hat will stay on the bottom during this one,
doh! Of course, that makes sense. "recurring offer #highest" stays on the bottom
Unless you are trying for the MM or the PoP that is handed out with the tourney awards! Don't want to miss a free wand or hat!:D
Yep, that's the easiest way to get 50 of the 150 you need for the whole FA. Between that and pre-cooking 1 each before the start, you're half done.

DeletedUser3468

While the speeded up timers on the factories the first day of the FA was a nice surprise, it would have been much more welcome at this point in the Adventure. This is when we start feeling the time to make those 24 hour and 48 hour T1s slipping away. It was actually something of an overload to have the time boost on the first day, but then I play in all 7 worlds - only doing FA in 5 - and that probably contributed to the feeling of overload. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser3507

Glutton for punishment..and excluding diamond players is like shooting yourself in the foot..
Foolish mortal comes in to my mind...:D

As if you look up my city on Winyandor you will see why ...:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The statue quest used to stay on the bottom, but for some reason that doesn't work anymore.
I think it's the last item in the table. The new badges added in January displace it. Currently the PoP/100Silk stays on the bottom. When the other two badges are in play, I think they displace it (collecting troops or coins).

DeletedUser8754

About the diamond discussion: I play in the small world of Ceravyn and my FS is currently holding #18 in the FA and we don't spend any diamonds! In previous FA's we have always been in the top 50 (except the last FA where we didn't play) and never spend diamonds.

Now some problems we are running in to: out of all our members only 10 are participating (this is kind of normal for us tho). Three of them put in a badge once (they are newbies), the other 7 (two of them are at chapter 3) are a bit more active in their participation and also communicate with one another. Unfortunately, I don't think we will be able to play it through. Two of our active participants aren't far enough with their research to get the Magical Manufacturing Enchantment (to produce wands) and one other is all out of relics to produce anything. We desperately need Wand badges and with only 4 of us being able to produce them I'm surprised we have even gotten this far.

The main problem I have with the enchantments is that there is only one building that can produce them (excluding the neighborly help chests and tourneys) and they take extremely long to make (mainly talking about the magical manufacturing one). If one or two of your active players call in sick during the FA, and you have a small FS, you are basically fudged because you can't build any extra buildings for the enchantments. It kind of takes the somewhat strategic element out of the FA (where you kind of plan when you start producing a certain badge, how long it will take, when you have to log in again, what you will make next etc.) and also the fairness level. You need diamonds to upgrade your magic academy to produce enchantments faster. If enchantment creation speed was based on research then "higher level" players could take the longer enchantment on them to produce and leave the shorter timed ones for the lower level fellows. At least with the workshops and other factories it is a bit more fair play (time boosters dont count) because it doesn't matter how far you are on your research tree or how many diamonds you have; everything produces at the same speed.

Also, the amount of blacksmith badges that are needed in the last stage is overwhelming for us. I don't have any more space to put more factories, and neither do my fellows. I don't know if we'll be able to get the required amount in the end.

These are just some problems we've walked into so far.

Llander

Dear Humans and Elves,

As you all have seen, we have released our announcement for the upcoming Fellowship Adventures. We are looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Hi, good day to all of you.
I have 3 comments,
1st- Thanks for making this one a little easier than the last one, I think I might actually be able to complete 1stage of this one through the blue path (the easier one), on my little lonesome since;
2nd- all 21 of my fellowship members are on the app apparently and therefore cannot help. Any chance this issue be resolved soon?
and
3rd- It would be nice if leftover items could be carried forward to the next Fellowship Adventure? (maybe in a future installment?)

Thank you!

Last edited:

rvtdragon1

Hello all. Sorry to bring up the clock thing again but, the clock on the FA banner in my city says we have 71 hours remaining. The clock on the FA map screen shows 2 days. Does the FA end Tuesday or Wednesday? That makes a huge difference in production planning for the FS.

(Oh, and maybe an idea for those left over badges at the end is we could get some type of ranking points per unused badge.)

HJK84

Did anyone try and pick up 2 Enchantments due to Chest Rewards from Tournament?
I knew I'd get 2x MM and 1 PoP. So before I went to sleep, I put both those in Event Cycle.

Woke up and... sadly only the Wand event got the MM, the Witch Hat didn't get the PoP.
Is this a glitch... or... idk??? o_O

SoggyShorts

Did anyone try and pick up 2 Enchantments due to Chest Rewards from Tournament?
I knew I'd get 2x MM and 1 PoP. So before I went to sleep, I put both those in Event Cycle.

Woke up and... sadly only the Wand event got the MM, the Witch Hat didn't get the PoP.
Is this a glitch... or... idk??? o_O
Strange. Our whole FS went for MM and EE quests and afaik we all got them from the tournament chests.

Status
Not open for further replies.