• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback on our new Challenges Feature.

DeletedUser20396

And TBH, they need to come up with something for us diamond buyers to do after we're out of Amuni.
But what about the guys (And girls) who don't buy diamonds? They'd be stuck "with out a dog in this game." Btw, I replaced fight for game.

DeletedUser2959

But what about the guys (And girls) who don't buy diamonds? They'd be stuck "with out a dog in this game." Btw, I replaced fight for game.
Not at all, I meant that we have something to spend diamonds on if we want to power through. Not that you'd NEED diamonds to complete. That would be a bad idea.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I hate to sound like some sort of radical
but
maybe their goal is to just add a fun little sideline to the game

Maybe some people think it is fun to have to turn all their open space into some little shanty town, as someone else called it. I could do that if I wanted to because I am at the beginning of a new chapter and have a lot of open space til I start building the Elemental stuff. But for people who have their cities packed and in the middle of a chapter, this kind of thing is no fun if they want the top prize.

This also feels like a subtle attempt by Inno to get more people to start using the app instead of the browser version. Sit in front of your computer all day collecting short time productions over and over or be out and about and load the app every 15-30 minutes to collect and restart the same productions.

I also expect them to get a lot of negative feedback on the lower points per production set and for them to go with the higher number set or do an average somewhere in between the two because two people putting in the exact same amount of work toward the goals should be able to get the exact same total points and rewards, not totally different results. This is not golf or bowling, where the worse player can be awarded a handicap to make their score more even with the score of the better player.

shimmerfly

@HeroJay1 No one said a game has to be fair .
It just has to attract the lower and the higher player to survive and keep us coming back.
A higher ranked player can produce more goods than a lower player can, but it takes more supplies to get there = more time spent getting there... make sense?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@HeroJay1 No one said a game has to be fair .
It just has to attract the lower and the higher player to survive and keep us coming back.
A higher ranked player can produce more goods than a lower player can, but it takes more supplies to get there = more time spent getting there... make sense?

Except from what I think has been said by others, who gets which set of numbers is random. So someone in chapter 3 could get the low set and someone else in chapter 14 could get the high set. If only the early chapter players got the high set of numbers, then what you say would apply more. If who got which set of numbers was based on their current chapter, then Inno should have told us that in order to avoid some of these issues.

DeletedUser188

Why is it that i only get 35 medals for making toolboxes and other plays get 115 medals for making toolboxes. That doesn't sound fair to me!!!!!
Did someone tell you this or do you have different amounts in your different cities
I am at end of tech tree and I get 35 medals for TB just like my other 6 cities of varying age
Toolboxes should give you 35 medals regardless of city age or level of building
Ælfwine
Could we get a confirmation please

Risen Malchiah

Over the course of 2 years between events and the FA I'm pretty sure the average time to make a 5-minute beverage in my cities is around 13 minutes.
Now before you say I should just make simple tools then, no no no those take about 44 minutes on average.:p
Hahaa, yes! I will set a 15-min cycle, put on netflix and forget to go back in 15 min. 44 min is exactly right.

I also choose every night to either set another 3-hr cycle and fall asleep or set a 9-hr cycle and end up staying awake another 3 hrs.

TalimSwift

A possible 99KP-for-free building? Hell ya, i'm not even doing anything i wasn't gonna do anyways... Works for me :)

Those of you who think its gonna be hard... just build an extra 6-8 level 1 workshops, and if they annoy you, just destroy them in 2 days time to get the space back... This isn't hard

seems pretty meh to me. the prize is pretty useless. we already get kp every hour any way. one of my fellowship members would like to not take part in it and feels she has no choice. I think we should be able to decide whether to take part in the workshop challenges or not rather than have them simply come up on our screens and start tracking everything we do whether we want them to or not. for me it's not a matter of difficulty, it's a matter of not being given a choice of whether to take part. I don't do crafting, as the "recipes" are all for things I don't want. sure, I've disenchanted a few things I didn't want in my inventory, but there hasn't been anything I've wanted to use spell fragments to build, so giving me more as a "prize" is pretty useless.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
the prize is pretty useless. we already get kp every hour any way.
Interesting. I assume you have at least $1 in real life, right? So can I please have all of your future dollars since "they are useless because you have money already" :)
. I think we should be able to decide whether to take part in the workshop challenges or not rather than have them simply come up on our screens and start tracking everything we do whether we want them to or not. for me it's not a matter of difficulty, it's a matter of not being given a choice of whether to take part.
This is nonsense. Are you/your FS member seriously complaining that you might get free stuff by accident?
I've read some pretty weak complaints on these forums over the years, but this is now #1. Well done.:rolleyes:
I don't do crafting, as the "recipes" are all for things I don't want.
Yet. There are some awesome crafting recipes, and there will be more added, and your spell fragments don't go bad.

no, soggy, she wasn't complaining about getting "free stuff by accident". she's in lower chapters and was saying she doesn't want to participate. I see nothing wrong with that. all i'm saying is that we should have a choice in whether or not to take part in the challenge. not everyone is in love with crafting. I certainly am not. I have yet to see any awesome crafting recipes.